The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think that Princess Eugenie and Jack will have the traditional Anglican wedding service in which they state their first name and all their middle names?
There are three approved Church of England wedding services which Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank could use.

1. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony from the Book of Common Prayer (1662)

2. A Form of Solemnization of Matrimony (Alternative Services: Series One) from Common Worship (1965)

This service was used in the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

3. The Marriage Service from Common Worship (2000)

This service was used in the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Royal Highness

Well I hope E and J use one if the first two, I didn't like H and M 's at all. It sounded far too casual IMO and not as sacred as it should have. Charles, Andrew, Edward and William' s weddings (the one's I have watched fully) were so much more holy and beautiful but I thought theirs were just standard for Anglican weddings anyway. I see the version that H used only came in in the year 2000.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Majesty

Meghan and Harry's wedding reflected both of their families/heritage. That is why it was less traditional. Jack and Eugenie on the other hand, like the Cambridges and other royal weddings you mentioned, are both English. They were both raised in the Anglican tradition. The wedding should follow it.

Eugenie being Maude's godmother has been mentioned in numerous sources.

As for no denial......Mia Tindall was said to be Meghan's bridesmaid right up until the wedding. No one denied it. Yet she wasn't.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

I think the marriage service issued in 2000 was supposed to become the standard Anglican service. The marriage service from 1965 is formally referred to as an "Alternative Service".
Old 07-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I think the marriage service issued in 2000 was supposed to become the standard Anglican service. The marriage service from 1965 is formally referred to as an "Alternative Service".
Why do they feel the need to tamper with these things? The 1965 service hits the right tone at every level, the new one not so much. As I said, I hope/think E will go with the more traditional one.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

The 1965 seems to be an updated version of the 1662 version - the meaning hasn't really changed but the language has been updated.

The 1965 clearly never wasn't originally meant as the 'alternative' to the 2000 service as I don't think they were thinking 35 years in advance. However, it seems indeed that the 2000 one has become the standard but couples (or ministers?) can decide to use the old form. Although I assume that it would be possible to alter that one a bit by including a ring for the groom as well.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

As for no denial......Mia Tindall was said to be Meghan's bridesmaid right up until the wedding. No one denied it. Yet she wasn't.

She was?

I must have missed that.
There were some speculative articles about which children might be included, but I don't remember any stating that Mia was definitely chosen.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Gentry

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me! And would it not be awkward to ask George and Charlotte without asking Mia and Savannah and Isla as well? Eugenie always seems very sensible: I can't believe she's sad enough to get into some sort of celeb bridezilla competition. Anyway, all the celebs who were at Harry and Meghan's wedding were genuinely associated with them in some way, and Eugenie and Jack also have celebs who are genuine friends - it's not a contest.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think that Princess Eugenie will have a brand new veil or an heirloom veil?
Old 07-09-2018, 12:20 AM
Majesty

I don't see why they would have to have Isla/Savannah and Mia if they used George and Charlotte. Did Harry use them all? William only used Louise. There is no requirement to ask all kids in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think that Princess Eugenie will have a brand new veil or an heirloom veil?
Unlike several royal families, the UK doesn't have a heirloom veil. Likely because the gowns and veils are put on display. I guess she could wear her mother's if it is still in good condition, but not really 'heirloom'.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe it is just speculation, but this list (wedding attendants) is being repeated everywhere.

But it does say that Louis de Givenchy is the other pageboy, and doesn't mention his sister Ines as a bridesmaid.

I still think, if the information is incorrect, at least one of the parents would deny it.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Majesty

The media often plays 'Follow the Leader' in these things though. A big London tabloid speculates on something and then another repeats it within hours and after that it goes to magazines or online gossip sites.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Just three months to go!
Old 07-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't see why they would have to have Isla/Savannah and Mia if they used George and Charlotte. Did Harry use them all? William only used Louise. There is no requirement to ask all kids in the family.
Harry's case was difference: George and Charlotte are his nephew and nice. Isla, Savannah and Mia are his first cousins once removed.

In Eugenie's case ALL are her first cousins once removed, so if she would favor the family of the future king over her non-royal first cousins once removed that would signal that titles do matter more than personal connection (as we are not aware of a strong personal connection between her and William and Catherine; much morse so with Harry)

William indeed only asked Louis; however, it would have been rather weird had he also picked another cousin within the BRF as Eugenie was a bit too old to be one of the flower girls
Old 07-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Harry's case was difference: George and Charlotte are his nephew and nice. Isla, Savannah and Mia are his first cousins once removed.

In Eugenie's case ALL are her first cousins once removed, so if she would favor the family of the future king over her non-royal first cousins once removed that would signal that titles do matter more than personal connection (as we are not aware of a strong personal connection between her and William and Catherine; much morse so with Harry)

William indeed only asked Louise; however, it would have been rather weird had he also picked another cousin within the BRF as Eugenie was a bit too old to be one of the flower girls
William and Kate also had his second cousin, Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones as a bridesmaid.

I don't think there are rules about which family members and what degree of relationship there is when choosing the bridal party. Eugenie will ask whomever she wants and they will participate if their parents are good with it.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

William indeed only asked Louis; however, it would have been rather weird had he also picked another cousin within the BRF as Eugenie was a bit too old to be one of the flower girls
William has other first cousins. I see no one complaining that William favored his royal cousin over his non royal cousins. No one had an issue with Edmund and Lara not being used. They were young enough, yet there was no 'if you use one cousin you have to use them all'. Edmund was 8 and Lara was 5.

Or any complaint Margharita was used, but not the other kids who are the same relation as she is. Arthur and Charles at 12 could have still been pages.

Or that she only used one of Camilla's grandkids and none of the others. Or older weddings. No issue Diana only used Lord Nicholas but none of his siblings or their cousins.

So I don't see how anyone could possibly expect that Eugenie would be 'snubbing' any child if she didn't choose all the little royals.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think Princess Eugenie's bridesmaids will wear flowers or ribbons/bows in their hair?
Old 07-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus

https://www.royal.uk/wedding-princes...castle-grounds

Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank will invite members of the public to join in the celebrations of their wedding on Friday 12th October.

The couple are delighted to announce an opportunity for 1,200 people from across the United Kingdom to be invited into the grounds of Windsor Castle to share the experience of their special day.

The attendees will view the arrival of the congregation and Members of the Royal Family, listen to a live broadcast of the Marriage Service and watch as the Bride and Groom depart St George's Chapel at the end of the ceremony.

The newly married couple will then undertake a short carriage procession through part of Windsor High Street. The carriage will process through the grounds of Windsor Castle, departing via Castle Hill to proceed along part of the High Street before returning to the Castle via Cambridge Gate.

Also present in the Castle Grounds will be representatives of charities supported by Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, together with members of the Windsor community and children from the local schools which Her Royal Highness attended. Residents of Windsor Castle and a number of Royal Household staff will also be present.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:53 AM
Majesty

Seems like it’s going to be lovely. I’m looking forward to pictures.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

Wonderful!

Closed Thread