The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Courtier

How come we don't have pictures? Only a few...

Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Some Agencies that cover normaly the Princes, s activities, dont have now pictrures, Getty havent, Segger havent.

Everybody is in vacations

Old 07-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia amortizes clothes in China
Like other European Princess, Doña Letizia does not scorn to repeat dress. And she does not matter to him that one notices. In fact she uses complements such.

Without arriving at the limits of Reina Margarita of Denmark, that sews backstitches, puts bows and cuts to sleeves with his augustas hands and the machine to sew of Palace, Doña Letizia saves in suits. No longer we are in the times of Maria Antonieta, when the seamstress of franesa Reina took to soberanatodas the mornings a book of colossal dimensions with engravings and drawings of his suits.
If a dress it likes, Doña Letizia puts it every time it is necessary. And she keeps with special affection his dresses as a single person. The clothes of the Princess do not require of kilometers of closets as the one of the last French queen.
Doña Letizia, at the moment in China, has put the same jacket of tweed, the same t-shirt with decollete of tip, and he himself purse with chain golden that used the past at the end of month of June, in the exhibition of Manolo Valdés in the Museum Queen Sofía. She has only varied the hairdo. The Princess shone with style her jacket in the company/signature of an agreement of cooperation between the Institute of Comercio Exterior (ICEX) and the School the International of Negocios China-Europe (CEIBS) of Shanghai.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1408...hina/vestidos/

Two Leticias and one Carolina
Eight Chinese volunteers, six girls and two boys, all dresses of target, will help tomorrow in the ceremony of inauguration of the pekinesa seat of the Cervantes Institute, in charge of Princes de Asturias, in his third and last day from their visit to China. The eight twentyish ones come from four different universities inhabitants of the capital in whom the Spanish teaches itself.

The young people have come because it seems “interesting” to see them close by to prince Felipe and Doña Leticia, say. Their recent marriage, personal personality and its circumstances, provoke here feelings not very different that in any other place. Although until the marujeo, here more delicate and it is educated. The personal history of the princes of Asturias is “like a legend”, says “Carolina” (Gao Qian). A story Prince that house with a journalist of middle-class, “and in addition divorced”. “I believe that that indicates that the monarchy approaches more the normal life of people”, says. On which both they are well similarities, it seems to have consensus.

Seems to Them useful the monarchy? Perhaps “Good, I believe that in a country like Spain if is it, to people it seems to like it, although am a little expensive the one to have a king, but he is… elegant”, says another student. Elegant: “Yes, it is one more a honorarier way to represent the country, to give an image”, says him. “But - I add I have come mainly so that the Princess is my tocaya”, she explains. “I am called Leticia”.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/lv24h/200...276525583.html
Old 07-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
I read the 20 minutes article in spanish and i dont like it that much, i mean, they are saying something valid and is correct to say that she like other princess recyles her clothes, but it is the way he/she wrote the article that have some irony. Maybe it is the way the journalist (if he or she is one) uses to write, but it is kind of difficult to understand why he wrote in such a way.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the pictures everyone! Do they take the baby with them when they travel or do the leave her at home with the nanny?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I read the 20 minutes article in spanish and i dont like it that much, [...] it is the way he/she wrote the article that have some irony. Maybe it is the way the journalist (if he or she is one) uses to write, but it is kind of difficult to understand why he wrote in such a way.
Ariel, don't forget that "20 minutos" is not properly the epitome of serious journalism... that's the same "light" writing style we have in yellow magazines, if you want my opinion.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Thanks for the pictures everyone! Do they take the baby with them when they travel or do the leave her at home with the nanny?
it seems me to have read in an article that for the long travel letizia left leonor with his family
Old 07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Ariel, don't forget that "20 minutos" is not properly the epitome of serious journalism... that's the same "light" writing style we have in yellow magazines, if you want my opinion.
I wasnt sure about 20 minutes, i dont know that publication so well, but it is clearly not a example of serious journalism as they look like giving two messages, one under the lines with all those ironical comments.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartheina
White is a color of mourning in Chinese culture.
it's only half correct.......if ppl are in mourning for their relatives they usually put a blue or white or black flower on their hair. (or black ribbon on their shirt)

White and red are Letizia's color! she looks great in those bright colors. Did they leave Leonor home?!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Doña Letizia, without time to visit the Great Wall

Doña Letizia was sorry not to have time to visit the Great Wall and the City Prohibited in her short but intense visit next to Don Felipe Shangai and the Beijing centered in the economy and the culture.

http://www.hechosdehoy.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=8501
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

Getty finally has some pictures of the China visit. Hopefully more will be up soon :). (From Getty Images):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Letizia 20.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	254598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Letizia 21.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	254599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Letizia 22.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	254600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Letizia 23.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	254601  

Name:	Letizia 24.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	254602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Letizia 25.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	254603  
Old 07-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Nobility

Cervantes institute access road to Ibero-America for China Prince de Asturias presented/displayed today in Beijing to the Cervantes Institute like one of the routes of access from China to Ibero-America. Don Felipe and its wife Doña Letizia today presided over the inauguration of the new seat of the Cervantes Institute, the greater one of the 58 than it has the institution in 38 countries, accompanied by the minister of Outer Subjects, Miguel Moratinos Angel, that announced the opening of a new center the next year in Shanghai, the economic motor of China. The Prince, in his intervention in the inauguration act, stood out once again - since he comes doing since he arrived at China for two days Spain, in this occasion with the Cervantes Institute, has been the route by Chinese which can accede to Ibero-America. ' Véanlo- said like the great light that illuminates the way towards an exciting one, rich and enormous region of the world, Ibero-America, that with all its diversity is united by a history and by a language and one it will culturá that they have political and economic transcendencia from governments and civil society ' towards an authentic community of naciones'. Don Felipe remembered that the Spanish speaks it more than 400 million people and who are the second language of international communication. After assuring, as also Moratinos did and the director of the Cervantes Institute, Caesar Antonio Molina, that the establishment of new seats of the institution in Asia has high-priority character for Spain, emphasized that Beijing is ' a neuralgic point in the Asian map and mundial'. The Prince indicated that the Spanish language and the culture could not be absent in a while crucial in which this country watches the world and that will welcome the Olympic Games in 2008 (the Beijing), the Exhibition the International in 2010 (Shanghai) and will celebrate in 2007 the Year of Spain in China, in which Molina also agreed. As much Don Felipe as the Spanish Secretary of State requested that it is opened the sooner in Madrid the Chinese Cultural Center to present a language that speaks a fifth part of the humanity. Any person, commented the Prince, who dominates the Spanish and the official held in low esteem will be able to communicate with a third of the humanity. This it is the first institute in China that has a directed foreign country only by own personnel, since Germany has other integrated in a university and France the one more with a presidency shared with the country host. The act counted on the presence of the minister of Culture of China, Sun Jiazheng, for that the new center represents a new profit in the strategic relations of integration between China and Spain, symbolizes a bow of union between the two cultures and demonstrates the interest of both by a communication that glimpses a great future. In opinion of Sun, thanks to the reform policy and opening, China counts on the opportunity to learn of the foreign countries for the enrichment of the nation. Moratinos and Molina emphasized the great expansion of the Spanish in China, where at the present time it is distributed in 20 centers as degree or studies of postdegree and begins to introduce in secondary education. The minister aimed in addition who the next month of October will start up a television channel in Spanish. The new seat of the Cervantes Institute, in the heart of Beijing, is located in I build of six plants, in 3.000 square meters and has 20 classrooms, assembly hall, exhibition hall and one library with the name of Antonio Machado. In this one last one, that contains more than 20,000 volumes, the president of the Foundation Antonio Machado, Manuel Núñez Encabo read before the Princes two poems of ' Soledades', and their translator, the Chinese Zhao Zhenjiang, other two in his maternal language. Previously, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia discovered a commemorative plaque in the exhibition hall that the sample gathers ' Labyrinth of Museos', in that are represented 16 Spanish pinacotecas of contemporary art. In the occasion of the inauguration, it has been published a new edition of ' the Quijoté in Chinese made by Don Yansheng, and an important fan of cultural acts. To their arrival to the new seat, the Princes were flattered with the ' Dance of leones', a colorista dance with which he is desired prosperity and luck and is a sample of solidarity between the nations

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...ina_984309.htm
Old 07-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Pics Instituto Cervantes Inaguration

From Getty, and AFP

Just one think.
I don´t understand why she not has been cut her hair yet. With long hair her face seems to be more thin, without light without expression.
See the diferences. ( Souce AFP, Getty, Deadline)
Long Hair 1
Long Hair 2
Curt Hair 1
Curt Hair 2
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	China 8.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	254605   Click image for larger version

Name:	China 9.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	254606   Click image for larger version

Name:	China 10.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	254607  
Old 07-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks lovely! Is it the same outfit as the one from Valencia?

Old 07-14-2006, 06:06 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you all for sharing the pictures and news.:) Great Work!

I'm sorry to hear that they won't have time to do some sightseeing. They would deserve to take a time alone to rest and make tourism but I think who planned this trip knows better than me :o. I agree with purple Brasil's trip seemed better planned, that or brasilian people with their ways transformed a plain trip into a memorable trip. (schhhhh, no wonder she got pregnant ihihihihih)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
She looks lovely! Is it the same outfit as the one from Valencia?
Yes, I believe so. I think Letizia decided not to wear new outfits in these last activities before going on hollidays. I bet she'll delight us with new outfits in her reentré to work. I also think she chose outfits with special meaning to her. She definetly looks wonderful with this last one.

Thank you once again :)!

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 07-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry mtbcm,i don;t agree with your comments about her choosing of dresses.China is an important country.she should have wear something new.
but maybe what is really important for her is spanish people's opinion about her not other nation's.as far as spanish people are satisfied with her way of dressing and recycling or repeating,my idea doesn't matter.
but IMO it was a very boring trip for us. i hope it was a successful one for spain economy and culture.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

well I think she must have lots of beautiful dresses, althougth she has wear them in other ocassions!But I think she should wear some new clothes in this trip even once!
Old 07-14-2006, 06:45 AM
Aristocracy

She take something new; so spoken white suit of her arrival. This trip was not for the gallery, was simply one travels fast to inaugurate the institute and related to the economy. The princess said that did not give time them to be visiting other important places, that another day will be.:)
Old 07-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

yes , that i agree. She should recicle but so many time and in very fewe time i don't agree very mucht. But in the end is funy, many contry made complaines becuse the princess sepend many money in close, but in spain they complaine because she repeat many time her clothe. Sometimes i belive she don't have time to made new ones, or time for they stay wredy for the ocasion.... i belive no other princess have so many engagements like Letizia have, but iven like that i belive she can change a litle more, maibe if she have help... i can help...eh eh eh eh.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, Letizia has acts much more and she does not have long time to go of shopping. In addition if take something new.