Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofia, to honor the queen.

I think my favorite is still Isabel. Its funny, b/c last night I had a dream that my nieces names were changed to Isabella, Leonora and Arabella; so I guess I think Isabel and Leonor would go nicely together!

christinacg said:
I think my favorite is still Isabel. Its funny, b/c last night I had a dream that my nieces names were changed to Isabella, Leonora and Arabella; so I guess I think Isabel and Leonor would go nicely together!

yes, but Isabel was the name of Felipe's first love. This girl's name was Isabel. I don't think that Letizia will name her daughter Isabel. But maybe?

I agree with you Nouvelle. I don't think it'll be a good choice because oof Isabelle Sartorius but on an other way Isabelle is a name of spanish queen.

There much people think Isabel or Lucia, but i don't like the name's.
I think they choise a name, what not much people think, so i don't think about it.....

pien said:
There much people think Isabel or Lucia, but i don't like the name's.
I think they choise a name, what not much people think, so i don't think about it.....
I like both names very much, but I don`t think the Princes will choose one of them because Isabel was Felipe`s former girlfriend and Lucia is one of the most frequent spanish names.
Is Catalina a frequent name in Spain? I read that it isn`t and I was surprised because in our country it`s in top 3 names.

I just read that Savanna was a Spanish name. Its so pretty:wub:

María Gabriela is beautiful for the infanta

I heard on TVE's program Gente that Jimena was very probable name for the Infantita because that was the name of the last Princess of Asturias.
Which kind of confused me a little bit although I think It was just a mistake.
But I searched the list of all the Princesses of Asturias and I didn't see any Jimena's, according to the list the last Princess of Asturias was María de las Mercedes.. but now.. this brings me to another question ..
The current Kings of Spain never carried the title of Princes of Asturias right?, because if they did then why the last Princess of Asturias is not Sofia of Greece??..

Here's a list of the names of all the Princesses of Asturias.. potential names for the Infantita!

1. 1388: Catalina de Lancaster
2. 1402: María de Castilla
3. 1422: Catalina de Castilla
4. 1424: Leonor de Castilla
5. 1437: Blanca de Navarra
6. 1462: Juana de Castilla
7. 1468: Isabel la Católica
8. 1470: Isabel de Castilla
9. 1497: Margarita de Austria
10. 1502: Juana de Castilla
11. 1543: María Manuela de Portugal
12. 1554: María Tudor
13. 1615: Isabel de Francia
14. 1665: María Teresa de Austria
15. 1722: Luisa Isabel de Orleans
16. 1729: Bárbara de Braganza
17. 1766: María Luisa de Parma
18. 1802: María Antonia de Borbón
19. 1833: Isabel II
20. 1851: María Isabel Francisca ("La Chata")
21. 1881: María de las Mercedes de Borbón
22. 2004: Letizia Ortiz

Well, for me is ELENA. Reason??? is my nameee... eh eh eh eh.

- I LOVE LUCIA! :wub:.. I would like a name that begins with L..
- Jimena is pretty, i like it!
- Isabel is a beautiful name but I do not believe that they are going to call their daughter like that.

Last edited:
Thanks redferns!! :flowers:
Do you know if King JC and Queen Sofia were Princes of Asturias? Or just Princes of Spain

Mari_* said:
Thanks redferns!! :flowers:
Do you know if King JC and Queen Sofia were Princes of Asturias? Or just Princes of Spain
When Franco named Juan Carlos his successor he gave him the title of Prince of Spain.

Thanks for the info marezdote! :flowers:

Penny Lane said:
I think Carolina or Gabrielle would be pretty:flowers:

Gabrielle is not a spanish name.It would be Gabriela but traditionally it is not a very Spanish name. But it´s nice:flowers:

Gabriela is very pretty I think it sounds even better:flowers:

How would the name Aurora sound in spanish??
I think its a very beautiful name

Why did Felipe and Letizia choose the name Leonor ? Didn't Letizia also read it in a book or something ?

MissSaga said:
Why did Felipe and Letizia choose the name Leonor ? Didn't Letizia also read it in a book or something ?
During the presentation to the press Letizia said that "Leonor" was Felipe's favourite option for a girl. There were a few Queens and Princesses Leonor in Spanish history and it surely was important for them, but apart from it the character named like that appears in the book Letizia gave Felipe as an engagement gift :flowers:

betina said:

Aurora is nice but i think that there are better names.

Jimena doesn't sound very attractive to my English-speaking ears. Hee-MAY-nuh? I'd still put even odds on Beatriz or Mercedes as the name, more likely Mercedes.

Actually, bluestocking, it is "Hee-mena" maybe that is why it didn't sound too good:flowers:

betina said:

I hope to explain you: ou[r-o][r-a] :flowers: last "a" pronuntiation is equal to "and" "a"

Last edited:
PRINCESS OCTAVIA!!!

as she will be the 8th royal grandchild! (i think)

Amelie said:
PRINCESS OCTAVIA!!!

as she will be the 8th royal grandchild! (i think)

It would be a great idea if Octavia would be a nice name:lol:

He-mee-na sounds even worse. In broken English: He Mean. Eh? Most people in English speaking countries won't be able to pronounce Jimena anyway. Hopefully that won't be the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom