The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I dont think there's any concrete reason to be "concerned"
It is true Letizia has lost weight, especially when you compare her figure now to that she had before the wedding, not that she was chubby then. I think that she simply lost the weight as a result of her marriage to Felipe. Just like Mary of Denmark lost a lot of weight just before she married Frederik. Letizia's also got naturally long/lean limbs.
Its natural for both her and Mary to feel more conscious of their image now that they're crown princesses and receive so much media attention. Besides, dont most women out there worry about their weight/appearance right before they get married?

Old 09-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Good points, Humera. Also, Letizia and Felipe have had a very busy schedule these past few months and as well as before the wedding. I wouldn't doubt if her increase in activity and travel have also had to do with weight loss. Letizia is a very petite women in both weight and stature. You can also see that it runs in her family from simply viewing her mother and sisters. It is understandable that the weight loss of a person who is already petite will be more visible than for someone who is not. I wouldn't be too quick to say that she has an eating disorder at this point.

Old 10-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

IMO there are basically two types of people regarding weight. (1) People that are naturally skinny without trying, and (2) those who gain wieght easily and that will always have to watch what they eat. Personally, I am the second type. And when I see girls that are extremely thin and anorexic looking it upsets me. Not b/c I am jealous, but b/c its unhealthy and in some cases deadly. If someone is naturally very skinny, but they eat a healthy amount of food, then good for them! However, when people who previously were a healthy weight become are extremely thin that is not only not natural, but it is unhealthy. CP Mary did lose wieght before her wedding, but IMO she looks happy and healthy. And I think anyone in her situtation would have done the same. CP Lecitiza however, has lost way too much weight. If you look at pictures of her working as new achor, she was still slim but she looked healthy. IMO, she was ten times more beautiful, not to mention a more realistic-looking role model before she lost so much weight.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

In all honesty, I don't think Letizia has lost a significant amount of weight. She has always been slim.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

Here's my two cents on the issue:

As others have pointed out, some people are just naturally thin. I myself, am a naturally thin person. I am 5'6'', and have never weighed more than 105-110 pounds in my life. As a child, I was one of those gawky, gangly kids, with the knobby knees. My mom used to worry that people thought she didn't feed me because I was so skinny! That being said, when I find myself in a very stressful situation, I lose weight, instead of gaining it. My first year of college, I went to a school about 6 hours away and lived in a dorm. I spend a whole year eating nothing but pizza, hamburgers, tacos, and potato chips. Sometimes, I would eat cereal for dinner. At the end of the year, I had actually lost five pounds from all of the stresses of the year.

None of us can speak of Letizia, because none of us know, but it very well could be that in the run up to her wedding, her weight loss can just be attributed to stress. Also, in the past few months, her schedule has changed dramatically, and I'm sure that there are even more stresses in her life that were not there just a year ago.

Some people simply cannot gain weight, no matter how hard they try. It's just something to do with metabolism. I don't even think it is hereditary. I am the third of five children, and we are all at different weights with different metabolisms. For all we know, Letizia may have a very healthy appeitite. I personally don't think that she looks unhealthy at all. I think that she would look a bit better if she filled out a bit and put on five pounds. But, she is who she is and can't help what her weight is. Some people have a very hard time loosing five pounds, and I can tell you that others have a very hard time gaining five pounds.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Courtier

deleted this message
Old 10-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Aristocracy

Letizia before her engagment. She is slim, but looks much healthier- especially her face

http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-4...-cc9bdf6e188c}
Old 10-18-2004, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

OMG she's so pretty, I am not saying that she's isn't pretty at present but I think she would look very good if she put on a little weight, she'll get the right curves and will look exceptionally pretty.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:33 AM

If you lose weight, people say you suffer from an eating disorder, if you gain weight they say you're pregnant....It's a hard life for a crown princess, isn't it? IMO it's very important to be very careful with those speculations.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with the people who say that Letizia is naturally thin. Just because she's lost a bit of weight lately, should not immediately put her at the same level as anorexic people. Some of the photos taken of her have simply emphasized her slim figure, that does not mean that she's anorexic, or I don't feel should be a concern to the public. I'm sure as soon as Felipe and Letizia both have some R&R, she will gain the weight she has lost.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Courtier

I think a lot of her weight loss has to do with the amount of stress she suddenly had to take on in becoming engaged and later married to Felipe. Becoming the "future Queen" to a country is a much bigger job then a news anchor woman, I'm sure that has a huge influence on her. Suddenly her country is her job, and not just her home or nationality, ya know?

It is also true that many women slim down before their wedding, and when your wedding is going to be broadcast across the world it might be a little more of a push for you to want to slim down slightly, whether you need to or not, right?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Sometimes a princess just can't win.

Letizia loses weight and people think she has a weight issue.

In another thread someone commented that Maxima seems to have gained some pounds, hence a weight issue of a different kind.

Maybe someone could decide on the ideal weight for a princess and a memo could be sent to all the princessess can either gain weight or lose weight to reach this ideal weight and everyone can be satisfied.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Royal Highness

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Sometimes a princess just can't win.

Letizia loses weight and people think she has a weight issue.

In another thread someone commented that Maxima seems to have gained some pounds, hence a weight issue of a different kind.

Maybe someone could decide on the ideal weight for a princess and a memo could be sent to all the princessess can either gain weight or lose weight to reach this ideal weight and everyone can be satisfied.
Good point Genevieve!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I didn't say anything yet about this topic, but I read something at other board that has a thread about this very topic and it really caught my eye:

"It was mentioned to Felipe something about Letizia lack of eating, he said that she ate all right but she burned it all out"

For what I can see, Letizia has a pretty fast metabolism, in the various profiles I read about her before the wedding, one thing common to all of them was how she watches her diet and how she used to work out everyday.

It's clear in her face that she's a healthy woman (though sometimes a bit tired). C'mon guys, it's been said before and I'll repeat it here, could someone that were ill or had a poor diet stand such a heavy schedule as she and Felipe have?

One is entitled to take care of its own body the way it suits best. So, if Letizia likes to be slim, let her be.

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone, it wans't my intention.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Courtier

weight can be so personal... u can either be natural thin (or just be careful with what u eat)... i suffered from annorexia and eating disorders and sometimes ppl feel calm when they eat less... and i guess everyone needs to be comfortable in there own skin... sometimes im really quick to judge when i shouldnt... we cant judge anyone we dont know... i think shes beautiful and lucky and has a magical future ahead of her :)
Old 11-03-2004, 05:31 AM
Gentry

i just got married and everyone told me that i'm so skin. is it true that getting married can make you lose weight?
Old 11-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Courtier

As I said in the post concerning Mary, a little weight in the right places never hurt anyone, but if she's naturally thin, then I suspect she won't gain much weight.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

Nose Operation instead of losing weight!

Letizia does not look healthy at all for she losed weight a lot. She looks like an anorexian, her face got thinner and she has much more wrinkles on her face.

Instead of losing weight she need to have her curved nose operated!
Old 11-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilah
Letizia does not look healthy at all for she losed weight a lot. She looks like an anorexian, her face got thinner and she has much more wrinkles on her face.

Instead of losing weight she need to have her curved nose operated!
You cannot tell that someone has an eating disorder just by looking at them. To declare that Letizia or anyone has an eating disorder based on some pictures posted online or in a magazine is a great disservice to not only that person but to everyone reading such a forum or a magazine. Unless you have examined the person yourself or seen her medical records it is not fair to say that she has such a serious problem as an eating disorder. That is irresponsible. And it is not nice to say that she needs her nose fixed. Did you ever hear that beauty is only skin deep? I hope the person who wrote this has a perfect body and a perfect nose.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Royal Highness

Though contrary opinions are welcomed and respected,this subject is inflammatory and is not conducive to positive discussion. Most importantly, it is not based on any truth, just mere speculation; therefore, this thread is closed.

Ennyllorac

The Royal Forums Administrator

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizias weight