The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 09-26-2006, 04:35 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
She still needs to put some weight on. She looks extremely thin, and now she needs to eat for two. Hopefully, she will gain more weight this time. However, let's give her a break...she is pregnant, and we are happy for them!
Maybe we should all start sending Beligian chocolates to La Zarzuela, I am sure even Letizia can not leave them untouched, especially while she is pregnant .

Anyway, I think she looked perfectly healthy during the last pregnancy and I assume she will look simular during this one. The way she looked the last couple of weeks is probably caused by sickness et all.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #322  
Old 09-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
It seems to me that when Letizia starts to look thin and tired and somewhat unhealthy it is because she's pregnant. This is the exact same thing that happened when she was pregnant with Leonor. There were a lot of rumors about her eating habits. Some women suffer sickness during the first weeks of pregnancy and can't keep their food down and they actually lose weight before they gain weight for the pregnancy.
__________________

__________________
  #323  
Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Salomé's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Genève, Switzerland
Posts: 145
I am happy that Letizia is pregnant for the second time,it seems that her dramatical weight loss is everytime a sign of a pregnancy,everytime that some tabloids make rumors that she could be anorexic,she's in fact at the begining of a pregnancy,next time,they should pay attention
__________________
  #324  
Old 11-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: norco, United States
Posts: 1
Smile The Royal Forums

I love this link so much.

It gives me an idea on how Royal Families of Europe live.

Many thanks to all members for sharing their views and information about
different topics on Royal Families of Europe.

I have learnt and enjoy so much!

Berame
__________________
  #325  
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena

However...I don´t think she has an eating disorder. Therefore she had too much continuity in her "weight curve". She always looked very thin, also in older pictures. She is probably not much into eating, a natural lover of health food (veggies) and losing even more weight through stress hormones (and I guess, stress is it, she has enough of) If you have been like this all your life, it´s hard to change something...and often only time (age) will make an impact.
It is undeniable that she lost a lot of weight since she was on TVE and (before her current pregnancy, and I would say even though she is currently pregnant) she looked really, really unhealthy. Personally, I do believe she suffers/suffered from anorexia in some point. But that's just my opinion, see for yourself.

Before marrying:

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especi.../gromance3.jpg


After marriage:

www.lapetiteclaudine.com/archives/letizzia.jpg

__________________
  #326  
Old 01-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Tinika's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, United States
Posts: 276
I have to admit that I really have no idea whether she suffers from an eating disorder or not, but the pictures you have linked to, Verde Esmeralda, are startling.
__________________
  #327  
Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 AM
soCal girl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irvine, United States
Posts: 1,683
Well, I'm pretty certain that Letizia does not have a eating disorder as of right now because she has a beautiful, growing pregnant belly. Letizia wouldn't jeopardize the health of her baby. Now I doubt she had an eating disorder because she has gotten pregnant twice now and getting pregnant while anorexic is nearly impossible.
__________________
사랑
  #328  
Old 01-16-2007, 03:27 AM
ortino's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: washington,dc, United States
Posts: 108
Please lets not judge Letizia on her weight loss...She is naturally skinny to begin with and all the stress she lives under? I see her not eating and just stressing' If she did have a disorder the Spanish Royal House would say something, seeing the Spaniards were the first ones to ban the "skinny" model in their runways.
__________________
  #329  
Old 01-16-2007, 04:33 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortino
Please lets not judge Letizia on her weight loss...She is naturally skinny to begin with and all the stress she lives under? I see her not eating and just stressing' If she did have a disorder the Spanish Royal House would say something, seeing the Spaniards were the first ones to ban the "skinny" model in their runways.
Letizia is a thin constitution. So if being so thin she looses another 2 or 3 kilos the result is this.....
www.lapetiteclaudine.com/archives/letizzia.jpg

But IMO it does not mean that she has "disorder" this is an exageration. I think Letizia is enough "cold headed" not to let this kind of syndroms destroy her life. She is a strong caracter and she knows how to be happy.
__________________
  #330  
Old 01-16-2007, 04:54 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,848
Since there is no another topic, it turns to this, really we are needed from news.

Whom it could see, I recommend the Hola of this week, there appear the mother and the sisters of Letizia, and it is possible to see like they are all. One sees as Thelma has lost weight in the time that has been out. Or to see to Paloma with more than 50 years and 3 daughters, dressing the same jacket that her daughter. Evidently Letizia has a life with more pressure and stress and it influences. But they all are similar.
__________________
  #331  
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Since there is no another topic, it turns to this, really we are needed from news.

Whom it could see, I recommend the Hola of this week, there appear the mother and the sisters of Letizia, and it is possible to see like they are all. One sees as Thelma has lost weight in the time that has been out. Or to see to Paloma with more than 50 years and 3 daughters, dressing the same jacket that her daughter. Evidently Letizia has a life with more pressure and stress and it influences. But they all are similar.
Yes,.... finally someone speaks with logic.
__________________
  #332  
Old 01-16-2007, 08:03 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,008
I don't think her life is too stress at all! She hasn't appear for a long time, she must be at her Palace with her daugther, lots of employees doing everyting for them and also too Nannys taking care of Leonor. When she goes out the only thing she must take care is her clothes, her make up, her purse, so please her life is no stress at all!!!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #333  
Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I don't think her life is too stress at all! She hasn't appear for a long time, she must be at her Palace with her daugther, lots of employees doing everyting for them and also too Nannys taking care of Leonor. When she goes out the only thing she must take care is her clothes, her make up, her purse, so please her life is no stress at all!!!
Absolutely right. Her only daily problem is how to appear well, she left behind her all the normal life's problems.

Is the fisrt time i see someone speaking in this way to this forum, usually it is the opposite, according to many members royals lifes are full of such stress and misery than it would be much much better if they were usual people running to catch the bus, to catch the job, to catch the family and to count their pennies in the end of the month., IF they are some pennies left...

Back to Letizia, I think that talking about stress we mean just the effort to appear well and not to deceive Felipe on his decision, this is an important fight for her. We should not forget that Letizia, comes from a completely "other" world than Felipe's, and she had everything to learn. This is not easy, and could provoke some stress, extremely in the beginning.
To suddenly learn, how to "speak", how to "eat", protokol, reverences, deep history, how to "call" the officials, how to stand in each official occasion, etc etc, it may be painfull.
__________________
  #334  
Old 01-16-2007, 08:57 AM
fanletizia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I don't think her life is too stress at all! She hasn't appear for a long time, she must be at her Palace with her daugther, lots of employees doing everyting for them and also too Nannys taking care of Leonor. When she goes out the only thing she must take care is her clothes, her make up, her purse, so please her life is no stress at all!!!
Sorry, I do not think that nowadays any royal house, except Brunei maybe, has a lot of employees. Moreover, Royal House of Spain is not so rich than other Royal Houses as you can see in the dress that they use. Looking at the Letizia´s dress I do not think that she waste the money with a lot of nannys, as you say, like other princess do
__________________
  #335  
Old 01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,848
You demonstrate to know little, for which the Spanish society expects from the Royal Family. Yes, they have a life with many privileges, but also a life with many disadvantages and many negative things. From the beginning Letizia is submitted to many pressure, they have turned her into center of many things, and any thing that she does, a debate motivates, for absurdity that it is this.

Yes, to live in a palace is very nice, but to live enclosed in it, with scanty opportunities to do an a bit more normal life, it it is not so much. More when you have to live determined that a terrorist group you turns into aim.

The Prince repeats a phrase that has been recorded to fire, and it is that his position must gain it every day. Letizia now have less activity because an inconvinient pregnancy is living. But the Princes of Asturias are of more assets and workers. And for the present time, Letizia cannot allow her the luxury of spend thousands of Euros in clothes to go shopping to Paris or London. And the Prince cannot take vacations when he desires and to disappear.

The money, the luxury and the nice clothes it are not quite. And there are many other things in the life ... a calm life, without so many responsibilities, without living under the shade of a bodyguard, without each of your movements is judged...
__________________
  #336  
Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
You demonstrate to know little, for which the Spanish society expects from the Royal Family. Yes, they have a life with many privileges, but also a life with many disadvantages and many negative things. From the beginning Letizia is submitted to many pressure, they have turned her into center of many things, and any thing that she does, a debate motivates, for absurdity that it is this.
Fully agree on that. And I think Spanish royals really feel very sensitive to people's opinion, they respect it. This is the reason they are so loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
But the Princes of Asturias are of more assets and workers. And for the present time, Letizia cannot allow her the luxury of thousands of Euros becoming exhausted in clothes to go shopping to Paris or London. And the Prince cannot take vacations when he desires and to disappear.

The money, the luxury and the nice clothes it are not quite. And there are many other things in the life ... a calm life, without so many responsibilities, without living under the shade of a bodyguard, without each of your movements is judged...
But she has the main also, a man who laves her and a nice family, so money and luxury comes in top of.
Of course life is never extremely black or extremely white. But I think that THEIR life is not more tiring and stressing than average people's life. Felipe was BORN in, but Letizia knows very well what means to try to have a job, to try to be good in her job, to face unemployement risk, to take public subway, etc etc, and at the end if you succeed you can go shopping in Zara.
Look that she wears, is not that luxury of thousand of Euros??? And she does not need to go shopping in paris or London, she has enough in Spain.
__________________
  #337  
Old 01-16-2007, 09:30 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Sorry, I do not think that nowadays any royal house, except Brunei maybe, has a lot of employees. Moreover, Royal House of Spain is not so rich than other Royal Houses as you can see in the dress that they use. Looking at the Letizia´s dress I do not think that she waste the money with a lot of nannys, as you say, like other princess do
I'm sorry, she wears shoes of 500€ the pair, ALL with coordinate bags, of snake peel or brodery, is that low price?? And she changes very often. This is not bad, she is a Princess and she should appear well, but do not turn it into "she does not spend". And do you think that she cleans up her bathroom after the shower every morning?
Do not tell me that she recycles, every woman does it. Princess Caroline got married with EA wearing an old Chanel, it did not mean that she could not afford a new one, she liked she worn it.
Royal families live very well. Some of them are carefull to critics, and they do not waste the money from the windows. Of course Letizia can not spend money like Victoria Bekham, and in anyway I think is not her caracter...
__________________
  #338  
Old 01-16-2007, 09:46 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,848
Evidently she is a Princess and has a wardrobe of agreement with her status and function. She is not going to go to an official act dressed in Zara, because in Spain there would be thousands of equal models. But, for example, she has dressed of Adolfo Dominguez, who is a good designer, relatively economic; though they were doing the same designs but in a color that only had she. Like they have in her cupboard Blanhik's shoes, which are very expensive and a footwear of Castañer, Camper and other Spanish companies that are perfectly accessible.

But also it is true, that if you compare it with any of her "companions of work", is probably the one that less spends in wardrobe in agreement to the activities that she has. Some princesses also might fill their cupboards in their countries ( Infanta Elena does it out of Spain), and nevertheless they decide to do it out, Letizia does not have this option. Evidently a Princess, a First Lady or one great businesswoman, is not going to have the same clothes in her cupboard that a nurse. They have different works, different salaries and different responsibilities. But not as it one has a life better or easier than different. Every person in her circumstances.
__________________
  #339  
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Absolutely right. Her only daily problem is how to appear well, she left behind her all the normal life's problems.

Is the fisrt time i see someone speaking in this way to this forum, usually it is the opposite, according to many members royals lifes are full of such stress and misery than it would be much much better if they were usual people running to catch the bus, to catch the job, to catch the family and to count their pennies in the end of the month., IF they are some pennies left...

Back to Letizia, I think that talking about stress we mean just the effort to appear well and not to deceive Felipe on his decision, this is an important fight for her. We should not forget that Letizia, comes from a completely "other" world than Felipe's, and she had everything to learn. This is not easy, and could provoke some stress, extremely in the beginning.
To suddenly learn, how to "speak", how to "eat", protokol, reverences, deep history, how to "call" the officials, how to stand in each official occasion, etc etc, it may be painfull.
I agree wit you. We have to remember that Letizia was a COMMONER, being a public figure (because they are, like it or not) is not easy. I agree her weight it doesn't look healthy, but might be she still breast feeding Leonor, and she must to accomplish SRH expectations. And looking her mother and sisters, it seems she always has thinner complex, of course with the pregnancy and all, she lost more weight.
I don't think she's anorexic, but it wouldn't hurt to gain a couple of pounds, she's pretty.
I guess I'll send to La Zarzuela some tacos or tortas... or McDonald's

__________________
Faith and fear cannot co-exist
  #340  
Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 AM
ladejesus's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Here and There, United States
Posts: 690
Letizia is a beautiful and naturally thin woman, but more importantly she is a wonderful princess.
__________________

__________________
"¡Yo soy española al cien por cien! (I am 100% Spanish!)" -S.M. la Reina Doña Sofía
Closed Thread

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizias weight


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Letizia's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 - bigheadshirmp Royal House of Fashion 253 05-31-2009 06:02 PM
Princess Letizia's Purses and Shoes, to August 2005 micas Archives 204 08-31-2005 09:34 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]