Rania's relationship with other royals?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

polop

Nobility
City
Chicago
Country
United States
I was curious to know what do you all think of Rania's relationship with other worlds royalty?Do guys think she is well liked in the Arab world or someone who just wants uses modernism to fulfill her desires?Is she well liked by the Arab royalty?I am very anxious to know what you all think!!Thanks for your replies!:)

Nobody on this board can possibly know of other Royals' personal opinions of her but I've never seen any images that would suggest she is not liked. If anything, I'd say from what I've seen she seems to get along well when visiting other Royals, but whether that is a purely "working" relationship as opposed to personal is difficult to say. I did read in a magazine that her and Prince Charles are good friends.

As for public opinion, Arab countries when totalled probably have a population of about 100million (pure guesswork on my part) so to try and gauge public opinion of her would be hard. Most of the Arabs I know and people I've met when travelling in the Middle East like her, but then I'm sure there are people that dislike her as well.

I agree.Is she popular among the political community?

Rania is very friendly with the British Royal Family - especially I think Camilla. She even defended Camilla against media attacks in her interview with Hello. I don't know about relationships with other royals or political leaders.

But I think whether her relationships are good or not depends more on King Abdullah and Jordan in general. If Jordan has a good relationship with the U.S., I am willing to bet that both King Abdullah and Queen Rania get along fine with George Bush and his wife. So I think when you are a queen or king, your relationships with other leaders depends on politics as well as personal factors.

I haven't really seen her bond that much with Arab leaders though.Neither Arab people.

polop said:
I was curious to know what do you all think of Rania's relationship with other worlds royalty?Do guys think she is well liked in the Arab world or someone who just wants uses modernism to fulfill her desires?Is she well liked by the Arab royalty?I am very anxious to know what you all think!!Thanks for your replies!:)
I wonder why you put an emphasis at all focuses on her so-called 'desires'?

Why seem so negative on her all the time?

How would she be 'using modernism to fulfil her desires?' It sounds like you are implying she is being selfish or greedy in some way over something or doing things she is not supposed to be doing.

Do you know Queen Rania personally?

Can you explain what that statement is supposed to mean?
I really do not understand:confused:

Last edited:
Iam not a negative person, and I don't like to talk about anybody negatively,however at the same time I feel it's important to shed light upon matters that are important.I don't know Queen Rania personally,and I don't believe many people do on this forum,but at the same time we all question her judgement and decisions.Rania is portrayed from one angle in the media,but every person sees her from a different view.She is in such a position, with her choice and willingness.What I meant by "using modernism to fullfil her desires..." was that while she[Rania]does say that "we are moving forward," is her country really?While she's leading her country from her $2million yatch,where is her country actually going?Is she saying that wearing bathing suits(example)is modern just to gain approval for her attire?I cannot say she is selfish,because each single one of us has a different definition of selfishness.To you,it might be taking away without giving,to me it could be not giving when you have enough to give away;so it varies.I do personally think, that she is blending her self in the usuall royal "clich'e."Vacations,parties,make-up etc. it seems like people forget where they came from.Those who look at their yesterdays as burdens are never able to walk, but those who view their yesterdays as lessons,run with the wind.Rania should use her experiences to make herself into a stong and accomplished woman.(You might think she already is one.)I don't think she is doing what she isn't suppose to from the political aspect,but I do believe she could do more.Lastly,the reason why,in your opinion,I emphasized her "desires" was because desires in a way,decide what you accomplish.If I wish to dicover a cure for cancer,my path of life is different from someone who want's to be a make-up artist.Desires indicate who you are.I hope you realize that Iam not someone who likes to highlight others weaknesses or faults,because sometimes your weaknesses help bring out your strengths.:)

Nicely put Polop. It's true we are only expressing perceptions, not curses upon QR. Don't worry about it, you stated your opinion. IF and only IF someone chose to misinterpret your opinion, you can't do much about that in terms of clarifying the matter. Some (and only some) will still misinterpret it no matter what you say.:) :) :)

polop said:
Iam not a negative person, and I don't like to talk about anybody negatively,however at the same time I feel it's important to shed light upon matters that are important.I don't know Queen Rania personally,and I don't believe many people do on this forum,but at the same time we all question her judgement and decisions.Rania is portrayed from one angle in the media,but every person sees her from a different view.She is in such a position, with her choice and willingness.What I meant by "using modernism to fullfil her desires..." was that while she[Rania]does say that "we are moving forward," is her country really?While she's leading her country from her $2million yatch,where is her country actually going?Is she saying that wearing bathing suits(example)is modern just to gain approval for her attire?I cannot say she is selfish,because each single one of us has a different definition of selfishness.To you,it might be taking away without giving,to me it could be not giving when you have enough to give away;so it varies.I do personally think, that she is blending her self in the usuall royal "clich'e."Vacations,parties,make-up etc. it seems like people forget where they came from.Those who look at their yesterdays as burdens are never able to walk, but those who view their yesterdays as lessons,run with the wind.Rania should use her experiences to make herself into a stong and accomplished woman.(You might think she already is one.)I don't think she is doing what she isn't suppose to from the political aspect,but I do believe she could do more.Lastly,the reason why,in your opinion,I emphasized her "desires" was because desires in a way,decide what you accomplish.If I wish to dicover a cure for cancer,my path of life is different from someone who want's to be a make-up artist.Desires indicate who you are.I hope you realize that Iam not someone who likes to highlight others weaknesses or faults,because sometimes your weaknesses help bring out your strengths.:)

Last edited:
Roshanah said:
Nicely put Polop. It's true we are only expressing perceptions, not curses upon QR. Don't worry about it, you stated your opinion. IF and only IF someone chose to misinterpret your opinion, you can't do much about that in terms of clarifying the matter.Some (and only some) will still misinterpret it no matter what you say.:) :) :)

Thanks!:) ;) :)

Everyone seems to like Prince Charles lol. Queen Noor spoke very highly of him in her book, and I've read elsewhere that at times when British politicians were banned from Middle Eastern countries, Prince Charles was still welcome. Apparently for his respective and inclusive attitude towards them and Islam. :)

I agree.How is she viewed by Arab leaders?For some reason I've always got the expression she doesn't get along with the Iranian government and leading ladies from that country.:)

Beats me lol. I don't imagine she's particularly close to any of them, but if there's squabbling going on, I wouldn't know. Why, what have you heard? :)

Nothing really,it's just that she always visits other countries but never Iran.Actaully for that matter,she really doesn't visit that many Arab countries does she?:)

Nice one Charles!:)

Alicky said:
Everyone seems to like Prince Charles lol. Queen Noor spoke very highly of him in her book, and I've read elsewhere that at times when British politicians were banned from Middle Eastern countries, Prince Charles was still welcome. Apparently for his respective and inclusive attitude towards them and Islam. :)

From what I've seen as regards her visits with fellow Arabs, at times she has how shall we say stepped on their toes. It was apparent in the photographs, which I saw. No subjective interpreting going on, I assure you.

She doesn't travel to North Africa either, they're Muslims too. Whatever her reasons, I think that she at times needs to show a bit more tact. For insance when she visited with Kuwaiti, Saudi and Bahraini officials, she was improperly attired (the meeting was held in Saudi If and I'm right naughty QR.)

Anyway she seems to have better relations with Male Arab officials rather than Female Arab Officials, as I said before at times she has appeared tense within photographs tken with Female Arab officials.

I at times have wondered why? Just an honest question:)

polop said:
I agree.How is she viewed by Arab leaders?For some reason I've always got the expression she doesn't get along with the Iranian government and leading ladies from that country.:)

Roshanah said:
From what I've seen as regards her visits with fellow Arabs, at times she has how shall we say stepped on their toes. It was apparent in the photographs, which I saw. No subjective interpreting going on, I assure you.

She doesn't travel to North Africa either, they're Muslims too. Whatever her reasons, I think that she at times needs to show a bit more tact. For insance when she visited with Kuwaiti, Saudi and Bahraini officials, she was improperly attired (the meeting was held in Saudi If and I'm right naughty QR.)

Anyway she seems to have better relations with Male Arab officials rather than Female Arab Officials, as I said before at times she has appeared tense within photographs tken with Female Arab officials.

I at times have wondered why? Just an honest question:)

Me too.I wonder the same thing.I just think that she can't get the attention she recieves when,for example, she is posing with Laura Bush,hence she decides to skip those tours.But I could be wrong.:)

polop said:

Iran's not an arab country;)
Rania was there on an official visit soon after becoming queen and she also visit the country with Jordanian aid in early 2004 when there was a big earthquake there.
There's no reason to supposed that she doesnt "get along" with the Iranian leadership because she and her husband rarely visit that country. So how can we say she doesnt get along with someone with whom she doesnt really have a "relationship" to begin with.
Rania and her husband were photographed with the former Iranian president at the Pope's funeral. And they seemed friendly enough with each other.
As for other Arab leadership, Rania has a good relationship with the widow of Rafiq Hariri. We can only comment on what we see in pictures (Rania with Asma Assad, Sheikha Mozah, Lalla Meryem etc)
But that hardly qualifies us to comment on how these women get along, as opposed to Rania's relationship with Prince Charles and Camilla which is known from interviews to be a good one.

polop said:
Me too.I wonder the same thing.I just think that she can't get the attention she recieves when,for example, she is posing with Laura Bush,hence she decides to skip those tours.But I could be wrong.:)
Trust me, I don't think she would have to compete with Laura Bush lol! :) ;)

True,and I apologize,I was taught that Iran isn't a Arab country,but somehow we talk about it like it is.!:)

I do the same thing too. I know Iranians are not Arabs, but I will still unthinkingly refer to Iran as an Arab country. :eek:

polop said:
True,and I apologize,I was taught that Iran isn't a Arab country,but somehow we talk about it like it is.!:)

thats okay :)
I think many people in the west, including the media, make that mistake. They somehow lump iran and many north african countries together with the middle east. I even heard some people calling Afghanistan a part of the middle east! Thats when I start screaming at the tv;)
As for Iran I actually heard one political commentator mention that Iranians dont like being linked with the arabs or the middle east, geographically, politically, etc.

back to Rania and other royals. I think she has a friendly relationship with the Spanish royals as well. The Spanish and Jordanian royal families are very close.
Queen Rania and Queen Sylvia of Sweden seem quite friendly too, from the pictures I've seen of the Jordanian state visit to Sweden, and of Rania and Sylvia together in Germany for the Media Prize.
We also have to remember that Rania is the youngest queen right now and I think her relationship with other queens, while warm and friendly, is not the kind we'd expect between women of the same age, between girlfriends, lets say (like the kind of friendship Queen Noor has with Farah Pahlavi of Iran or Queen Sofia of Spain, or even Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I even heard some people calling Afghanistan a part of the middle east! Thats when I start screaming at the tv;)
back to Rania and other royals. I think she has a friendly relationship with the Spanish royals as well. The Spanish and Jordanian royal families are very close.
Queen Rania and Queen Sylvia of Sweden seem quite friendly too, from the pictures I've seen of the Jordanian state visit to Sweden, and of Rania and Sylvia together in Germany for the Media Prize.
We also have to remember that Rania is the youngest queen right now and I think her relationship with other queens, while warm and friendly, is not the kind we'd expect between women of the same age, between girlfriends, lets say (like the kind of friendship Queen Noor has with Farah Pahlavi of Iran or Queen Sofia of Spain, or even Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands)

You're right, she is the youngest queen out there,but I haven't seen her going out on vacation or anything with other royals.I guess what Iam trying to say is that,she isn't a very big part of the royal social cricle?:confused:

yes I guess not. But I dont think most royal families socialize in that way. Those European royals that we do see together at vacations, parties, family weddings etc. are related (many of the monarchs in Europe are cousins) The Scandinavian royals are pretty much a big extended family.
Even then some families like the British royals dont socialize often with other royal families on an informal basis.
I guess aside from family connections there's that aspect of personal friendship too, Queen Noor vacationing in Spain with Queen Sofia, Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath spending time with various European royals.
Still I think we cant expect that sort of thing from Rania and Abdullah just yet. They've only been king and queen for a short time. We need to give them time to develop that level of rapport with other royals, esp. royals of their own age (the crown princes and princesses).
I think we see some of that already. I dont know if you've seen pictures of Prince Feisal's birthday party in London a while back. King Abdullah, Queen Rania were there with other JRF members along with foreign royals like Princess Cristina of Spain and her husband. And again, judging only from the pictures, all of them seemed to be good friends, laughing, dancing together and so on...

"I agree.How is she viewed by Arab leaders?For some reason I've always got the expression she doesn't get along with the Iranian government and leading ladies from that country.:)"

As for as I know she's only been to Iran once and moreover why should she have to get along with the Iranian Goverment in the first place? As far as I know Jordan doesn't have a major relationship with that country. They probably wouldn't like her anyway.

"She doesn't travel to North Africa either, they're Muslims too. A
Are you implying she should only visit muslim countries or visit those countries the most?

"Nothing really,it's just that she always visits other countries but never Iran.Actaully for that matter,she really doesn't visit that many Arab countries does she?:)"

Hmm, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Lebanon, I think she may have been to Qatar also. I wouldn't say she doesn't visit Arab countries.

"You're right, she is the youngest queen out there,but I haven't seen her going out on vacation or anything with other royals.I guess what Iam trying to say is that,she isn't a very big part of the royal social cricle?:confused:"
But then you could say that about many Royal Families.

" So I think when you are a queen or king, your relationships with other leaders depends on politics as well as personal factors."

Not always.
Prince Hassan never became King, but there is no doubt that many of friendships are sincere and not driven by political expediency. The large number of royals at Princess Badiya's wedding, a non official affair, shows that P. Hassan and P. Sarvath have real friends amongst other royal famiilies. They are also often included in private as well as state occasions in other countries, and I am now talking of the last six years or so since P. Hassan ceased to be crown prince. In addition to being at many royal weddings and funerals, they were the only non European royals invited to both Queen Elizabeth's Gold Jubilee events and to Prince Philips's 80th birthday some years back. I believe they continue to see many royal families, Dutch, Luxembourg, British, Spanish, Swedish, Moroccan, Qatari, Bahraini, Japanese privately on frequent occasions. It was rumoured when I was living in Jordan that Q. Noor in particular was not very pleased by the many royal friendships her brother and sister in law had.

Little_star said:
"As for as I know she's only been to Iran once and moreover why should she have to get along with the Iranian Goverment in the first place? As far as I know Jordan doesn't have a major relationship with that country. They probably wouldn't like her anyway.

Well,it's not like she should get along with the Iranian government,but it's interesting how she participates more in western events.Anyways,just wondering,why won't they like her?:confused:

polop said:
You're right, she is the youngest queen out there,but I haven't seen her going out on vacation or anything with other royals.I guess what Iam trying to say is that,she isn't a very big part of the royal social cricle?:confused:
I don't know -- just like some people (some mind you, not all) will criticize QR for doing anything under the sun and continue to attribute the most vile characteristics to her for any reason possible, if she ever did take a vacation with other royals, I'm sure that someone (not everyone mind you) will say 'Why is she going on vacation with other royals?! She's fogotten her roots by being with those peoople. She's got alot of nerve, she's not being attentive to her culture, she's throwing it all away she keeps showing herself in nice surroundings and she does not deserve any of that. Why is she away from her home, she does not work hard enough; how dare she violate the eternal inviolable rule of leaving her house without permission from the community -- she does not suffer enough, she is the most awful of all women in the entire world..."

I think it remains a true shame that it seems there are some (not all mind you) that no matter what, they will never be satisfied with her actions, no matter what she may do or not do it will never be enough.

I do have a question -- do you think that QR shall effect all those changes you talk about alone by herself? Do you think that any change will or should happen instantaneously or overnight?

Last edited:
Lillia said:
I don't know -- just like some people (some mind you, not all) will criticize QR for doing anything under the sun and continue to attribute the most vile characteristics to her for any reason possible, if she ever did take a vacation with other royals, I'm sure that someone (not everyone mind you) will say 'Why is she going on vacation with other royals?! She's fogotten her roots by being with those peoople. She's got alot of nerve, she's not being attentive to her culture, she's throwing it all away she keeps showing herself in nice surroundings and she does not deserve any of that. Why is she away from her home, she does not work hard enough; how dare she violate the eternal inviolable rule of leaving her house without permission from the community -- she does not suffer enough, she is the most awful of all women in the entire world..."

I think it remains a true shame that it seems there are some (not all mind you) that no matter what, they will never be satisfied with her actions, no matter what she may do or not do it will never be enough.

I do have a question -- do you think that QR shall effect all those changes you talk about alone by herself? Do you think that any change will or should happen instantaneously or overnight?

No,I realize she cannot make all the changes I reflected upon, by herself.But at the same time,I do believe she is one the most well known Arab woman figures in the world,and any idea or belief she supports will definetly recieve more attention that it were to before.One example which I have mentioned before,is what if instead of going to American public schools, she pays a visit to Afghani refugee camps?She might not be able to make a change but maybe she can make people think about what's going on?No change will happen overnight.Change is a process,that calls upon leadership,sacrifice and most of all,time.I don't expect Queen Rania to apologize for her destiny and fate,however I do want to her to a bit more greatful.Again,maybe to you,she already is doing enough!:) ;) (But I,for one,do think she could do more.)

Back
Top Bottom