The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

QR is a great speaker!

Old 09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Nobility

No, she has great advisors.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
No, she has great advisors.
well she is smart to chose those advisers
Old 09-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
well she is smart to chose those advisers
I agree -- and when she speaks, her advisors should be the ones keeping her up to date on certain important details -- like any good advisor is supposed to!

But I think it goes without saying that QR has enough experience by now to know how to speak in an interview or at a meeting/forum and make a good presentation on the topic at hand!
Old 09-04-2005, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyone can write a good speech, the key is in the delivery of it. All or most Presidents, politicians, Royalty etc will have speech writers to help them with what to say. Trying to put Rania down for having advisers is ridiculous and petty, you might as well do the same with EVERY ther person in the spotlight.

The real test comes from how a person delivers their statements. There are some who will be great, ok or terrible and having seen Rania she's is incredibly pasionate when giving a speech.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

I've heard she does an excellent job but have never heard her give a speech. I don't know if speaking comes naturally to her or if she used coaches but I think it's a strength. Having good writers or advisors helps, definitely, but it is a matter of presentation and any good coach will say "delivery is everything." So to be a good speaker, most people have to know their message, practice and "feel" what they're saying in order to be truly effective. It's a mix of things. I do think it comes easier to QR than most.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Queen Rania & King Abdullah: Interviews, Speeches

This thread is about Queen Ranias last interviews.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thursday, June 1, 2006
With Kathleen Matthews
Washnigton Life

All hail the Queen

Queen Rania of Jordan was the guest of honor at the Mosaic Foundation Gala. In an exclusive interview for WL, ABC-7 News Anchor Kathleen Matthews captures the young Queen candidly discussing the push and pull of modernity and tradition in the Arab world, the evolving role of women in the region, and her love of films and vegging out at home watching 24 and Desperate Housewives.

QUEEN RANIA: AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
At 35, Her Majesty has a world of experience behind her ... and a world of expectations ahead
Old 07-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A CULTURAL MOSAIC

Star-studded gala heralds the arrival of Sesame Mosaic across the Arab world

First Lady Laura Bush was there, so was Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan and all the Arab Ambassadors and their spouses. But with all the diplomatic and political notables inside the National Building Museum, it was a pair of Muppets who stole the show - beloved Elmo and Khokha from the Egyptian Sesame Street co-production, Alam Simsim. The major benefi ciary of Mosaic Foundation's Ninth Annual Benefi t Gala “Education: A Two Way Street” was Sesame Mosaic, a project designed to educate preschool children in the Arab world and the U.S. about mutual respect, and basic literacy and math.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

WEF& A session

More interviews in QRs website the press room_interviews
http://www.queenrania.jo
Old 07-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Hello interview May 19 2000

Barely two-and-a-half months since she gave birth to her fourth child, Queen Rania is back at work. She is all smiles and graciousness as she strides purposefully across the cool marble floor of her seaside villa in Aqaba, hand outstretched, in a pair of skinny jeans and a fashionable loose shirt.

She has recently returned from the historic funeral of Pope John Paul 11 and had hoped to attend the marriage of close friend Prince Charles to Camilla Parker Bowles. "It was impossible to go because I am still breastfeeding and couldn't be away from my baby another night" she confides with surprising candour. "I am so happy for them. Together they will be a great team - but your press has been very cruel to her."
Old 07-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Please note that alll of the above posts have been edited as they did not comply with our Copyright Policy which clearly states that only 20% of articles can be posted followed by a link to the rest of the article.

Sources also need to be cited for all of the articles.

If this thread is going to continue, the Copyright Policy must be strictly adhered to.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forum Moderator
Old 10-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Rania on Oprah

I was just wondering if anyone had seen Queen Rania on Oprah?
Old 10-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Nobility

I didnt know about it! Does anyone have a video of it?
Old 10-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Here is a link on the televised interview accompained by several photos of the series dedicated to women changing the world. Below the two or three paragraphs there are other links that continue the converstation, I assume the transcript of this interview was divided into topics but not placed as a continuous single page transcript: Women Changing the World

Her interview with Oprah Winfrey also appears in Queen Rania's official website:
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 With Oprah Winfrey, Oprah Winfrey Show

Bonus link: this other one is the full transcript when she was a guest in October 5th, 2001: Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah
Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania on Oprah thread has been merged with this thread, since this is the right place to post interviews and speeches of Their Majesties.

Enjoy posting!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Royal Highness

Her 2001 interview was much better than the 2006, it was more serious and related to the political events in the World. The 2006 interview was more light and family oriented.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

A Word From Queen Rania

World Teachers’ Day 2006

In more than 100 countries around the world, October 5 is recognized as a day to honor and celebrate teachers. Here in Jordan, we marked the occasion by awarding our first ever annual award for excellence in teaching.

This year’s winners – chosen from more than 1,100 nominees – are: Naeem Ali Al-Abeesi Al Bawayzeh for KG – 3rd grade; Maha Harbee Abdulaziz Al-Shaksheer for 4th -8th grade; Hiyam Khader Yusim Abu Areedah for 9th and 10th grade; Khawlah Abdulmihdee Ali Al-Ma'ayah for the Academic tawjihi; and Hannah Mikhael Abdullah Al-Saeed Maqtash for the Vocational tawjihi. To all of them, and the many worthy runners-up, warm congratulations and heartfelt thanks for all that you are doing to inspire our children, and enhance their education.

Many of us can recall a special teacher in our lives – that person who nourished creativity in the classroom, and who fostered a lasting love for learning, far beyond the classroom walls.

more of the Queen's statement
Old 11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Amman bombings - First anniversary

A WORD FROM QUEEN RANIA

It has been a year since the Amman bombings that claimed 60 of our fellow citizens’ lives. Words are too flimsy to capture our sorrow; too shallow to contain our sense of loss. And yet, we yearn to express our grief, our unity, and our resilience. As the rubble fell, our people rose, and together we move forward.

To the loved ones of the victims, we offer our support, our prayers, and our deepest sympathy. We cannot repair the holes in your hearts, but we have made a lasting place for you in our own.

And to one another, let us use this occasion to remind ourselves we are all Jordan – each responsible for our actions as individuals and for the progress of our nation as a whole. We may have felt helpless the day of the bombing – yet, through our tears, we found an awesome power: power in solidarity, power in compassion, power not only in condemning what is wrong but in having the courage to champion what is right.

In the years to come, we will not forget the horror of the November 9 attacks, but neither will we relinquish our faith in humanity’s capacity for good. Let us each do our part, as Mahatma Gandhi once said, to be the change we want to see in the world.

Copyright: Royal Hashemite Court - www.queenrania.jo
Old 11-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Washington Life - June 2006

QUEEN RANIA: AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

At 35, Her Majesty has a world of experience behind her ... and a world of expectations ahead

She's a queen who admits to zoning out in front of the TV while watching her favorite shows, Desperate Housewives and 24. On the weekends, she and her husband cook on the barbeque grill in their palace garden and watch movies. "Being Queen is not who I am, but what I do," she recently told Oprah Winfrey. Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan is showing the world a new face of Arab women and it's perhaps the most beautiful face in the world. After meeting Jordan's royal couple, King Abdullah bin Al-Hussein and Queen Rania, at a private lunch hosted at their palace in Amman in honor of Catherine and Wayne Reynolds, I began an email exchange with the Queen for Washington Life magazine.

During our exchanges, she was in the midst of a fourday working trip to three U.S. cities to promote cross-cultural understanding between U.S. and Arab youth and children. One of those stops was here in Washington, where she was the honored guest alongside First Lady Laura Bush at the Mosaic Foundation 9th Annual Benefit Dinner to raise money for a new Arab-language Sesame Street program.

Rest of the interview and pictures here