Interviews, Speeches and TV appearances of the King and Queen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings

Any link to HM KA II interview with BBC in DC ?

HM King Abdullah II speech during CP Hussein`s graduation ceremony ...king`s academy
It is such a special day for Rania and our family. We are delighted to share this important moment in our lives with all of you. ..more

King interview with The Jordan Times and Al Rai
King outlines vision for reform
Amman, Dec.5(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah has said that the January 23 elections and the upcoming parliamentary government are not the final destination in the reform process.

Very outspoken article,I found it highly interesting to read.Thanks for sharing,xavi 83:flowers:

Especially that part shows that the King is quite a smart strategic thinker and able politician:

"He wanted, he said, to see Jordanians build political parties that would not simply function as patronage mills but would advance ideas from across a broad ideological spectrum, and thus establish for Jordan a mature political culture. He said he would like to see Palestinians more proportionately represented in parliament. And he would like to do all this, he explained, without allowing the Muslim Brotherhood—a “Masonic cult” (as he describes it) that today controls the most formidable political organization in Jordan, the Islamic Action Front—to hijack the cause of democratic reform in the name of Islam. In other words, the king wants to bring political reform to Jordan, and to cede some of his power to the people—but only to the right people."

Royal Court responds to King's The Atlantic interview
2013-03-19
AMMONNEWS - The Royal Hashemite Court on Tuesday said that the article published by The Atlantic on King Abdullah II, segments of which were republished by local and international news outlets, included "many fallacies and took matters out of their correct context." more...

Well,you were right with your previous post,Rossina :)
I have savely printed a copy of that article because I was afriad it would get blocked or taken of the WWW soon-if anyone wants to have it just PM me.
The interview was much too outspoken for an Arab monarch - but for me it was interesting to understand his way of thinking and how he is seeing the future of his country and his solutions for the conflicts in the ME!
King Abdullah is very impulsive/spontaneous and not as diplomatic and careful with his speeches as Queen Rania. I have noticed that he is carrying "his heart on his tongue" as we say in Austria-someone who is quite frank and open-minded & always says what he thinks even if it gets you in trouble! It is an excellent quality in a friend or partner,however a politician or diplomat will get himself in trouble if he/she doesn´t manage to control his mind and judge what he can say and what not before it is published and creates lots of difficult situations or scandals.

Last edited:
Well,you were right with your previous post,Rossina :)
I have savely printed a copy of that article because I was afriad it would get blocked or taken of the WWW soon-if anyone wants to have it just PM me.
The interview was much too outspoken for an Arab monarch - but for me it was interesting to understand his way of thinking and how he is seeing the future of his country and his solutions for the conflicts in the ME!
King Abdullah is very impulsive/spontaneous and not as diplomatic and careful with his speeches as Queen Rania. I have noticed that he is carrying "his heart on his tongue" as we say in Austria-someone who is quite frank and open-minded & always says what he thinks even if it gets you in trouble! It is an excellent quality in a friend or partner,however a politician or diplomat will get himself in trouble if he/she doesn´t manage to control his mind and judge what he can say and what not before it is published and creates lots of difficult situations or scandals.

I wonder what his brothers think about the part where he talks about them? and what brothers is he referring to?

Too much honesty will get you in trouble-not only as a politician.Supposed your best friend is buying a dress that makes her bum look big you should rather say something like "The cut is not doing you any favours/doesn´t suit your personality or the colour makes you look pale" instead of the truth....

I don´t think that Jeffrey Goldberg would jeopardize his succesful journalistic career by faking any statements or fabricating quotes...he is a very gifted and trustworthy journalist.
It should be the palace´s responsibility to carefully read and counter-check all the interviews BEFORE they are published and not afterwards.
Just like we have to think BEFORE we speak,not vice versa :p
That´s how all the other Royal families are doing it and it is a safe &professional way of controlling the media publishings.

But I am feeling sympathy for the King as I also sometimes get myself in trouble with too much frankness-luckily I am in a position where it doesn´t create a lot of turmoil and is quickly forgotten....

Hopefully the Jordanian Royals will learn from that mistake!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom