Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Felipe missing a pocket square. So only 99%.

One of the most...if not THE most elegant of all the Royal men. Effortless!?

The first corduroy-ish suit is quite wonderful.

Daniel, who BTW is a favorite of mine being IMO very underrated, could simply not dress more Swedish.
Everything sits as it should. Even the uniform casual way he (and the other Swedish men) left their shirts unbuttoned.
Absolutely nothing interesting is going on.
- In the remote possibility that Daniel should read my post, I'm sure he would be very flattered. It is after all the highest goal for all Swedish men to look totally uninteresting. :swedenflag:
Heja, Sverige.

:previous: Any analysis for the hands in pocket pose? and the cross leg pose ?:lol:

different shades of blue, but of course I didn't expect anything else from Daniel ;)

:previous:

That is actually a little problem that Daniel is dealing with. He is on occasion trying to be a little interesting and stand a little bit out with these poses.
That is as you all know something he has been getting some heat for in Sweden.

Don't tell anyone, but a source in Sweden told me this: Daniel is a member of an IA (*) therapy group. And my source is a member of the same group as Daniel.
They always start out by presenting themselves: "Hi, my name is Gösta and I'm little interesting."
Daniel AKA Daniel had actually done great lately, he had managed to remain completely uninteresting for eight months straight. But it happens of course that people revert. And this is no doubt what happened in the photo of him in the double-breasted suit. He simply couldn't resist the temptation to do something that really stood out.
Fortunately he has found help in his support group and he is currently on the mend. ?

(*) Interesting Anonymous.

Ah, if you notice most of these photos were taken abroad and during the Flower Power era.
The then prince is wearing Swedish hippie outfits. And I must say, he really went all out!! :eek:

It is also a common phenomenon in neighboring countries to Sweden (*). Many Swedes, once they leave Sweden, let go of all inhibitions. And as Swedes don't know how to let go of their inhibitions the result is often spectacular!
It is not uncommon in Copenhagen to see a totally plastered Swede wearing a checkered shirt - in public!! :ohmy:
And many take the opportunity to wear colored ties with all sorts of patterns. Such things are of course illegal in Sweden. - Except on Bertil's Day on 7th November.
But you can tell in one of the photos that the King did wear such a tie in his wild youth.

Well, we have all been a little rebellious once and the King fortunately did turn out dull. ?
So it was just a phase he went through.

(*) Except of course in Norway. The Norwegians are so blissfully happy that they don't notice anything.
Give a group Norwegians each a knitted sweater and a knitted cap and they'll happily yodel up and down the fjords for hours, totally oblivious to everything.

Well, we have all been a little rebellious once and the King fortunately did turn out dull. ?
So it was just a phase he went through.

Sorry, but getting married and Victoria being born were way past Flower Power and into full Studio 54/Saturday Night Fever...what am I saying. ABBA. ;)

And how do you explain the tangerine sports coat of recent vintage?

I think CG is so comfortable in his innate grumpy face and people focusing on Victoria that he'll wear whatever he wants, safely knowing it won't make him interesting or less likely for weirder Photoshops. :flowers:

And speaking of people focusing on Victoria, Daniel may be the epitome of Swedish masculinity, but he's a dutiful married-in who's supposed to enhance her image, not take any attention away. If that's "uniform and dull", that's what we're going to be seeing until something changes. Maybe a very long time.

It's just the glasses. Hope the Swedish Fashion Fairy brings him new ones.

:previous: In Sweden ABBA was the Flower Power period. ;)
In the rest of the world the Age of Aquarius had long since shifted to the Age of Leo.

What you are describing is the perfect Swedish man. The proudest moment for any Swedish man is to stand in the limelight for hours right next to his wife and never being noticed at all.
That is what they all strive for, that's the Swedish Nirvana.

The recent photos of the King in sports coats are of course AI created images. - Causing quite a problem for the poor computer as there are no photos of Swedish men wearing sports coats. They don't exist.

:previous: In Sweden ABBA was the Flower Power period. ;)

In the rest of the world the Age of Aquarius had long since shifted to the Age of Leo.

Says a citizen of the country where the hippie era outlived the fall of the Berlin wall.

:previous: We only noticed in 1996.
The fog from pot being smoked completed obscured our view to Berlin.

No Wall?!? Groovy man, and then we smoked some more silly weed. ?

I do wonder where all the King's chains and necklaces are now. (And the Gucci belt...) :lol:

Probably a state secret.

:previous:
:flowers:

https://luthagsnytt.se/wp-content/u...essan-Victoria_PSfoto_UMLN_2023-2048x1536.jpg
Now, this works!
Here Daniel is dressed effortlessly great.
The shirt actually suits him and he is wearing it in a fashionably casual way, perfect for the occasion.
His pants as far as I can make them out also fits both the weather and the occasion.
If there is one thing to detract it's that the pattern on his shirt could be a bit more colorful.
It's a welcome fresh breath from his usual very formal attire. While he always wear his formal attire correctly, it does get a bit boring.

I do love to make a little fun of Daniel, who IMO has been undeservedly and unfairly underrated in Sweden, but when he allows himself (is being allowed?) to flap his wings and just wear whatever he fancies for the day, he can get it very right.
So for this he gets :cool::cool: from me.
He would have gotten a :cool: more if there had been some red in the pattern on his shirt.

- So keep up the good work, Daniel.
Break the rules and go full hippie once in a while. Wear some strong colors and more patterns - even though it's illegal... ?

A number of posts that did not discuss fashion have been removed. Please use the general news/current events/jewels threads for other discussions. Thank you!

You rarely go wrong with a three piece suit. Still prefer double breasted suits though.

The stylist spoke about Durek's pink suit
"- I wanted him to wear something Norwegian, but which was also "un-Norwegian", says Ali about Verrett's outfit.

She also adds that the necklace he wears, which is by the way from the Norwegian designer Pearl Octopuss.y, is a nod to his African background.

- He completely fell in love with the pink suit. It is from the Givenchy women's collection, while the blouse is from By Malene Birger. So this is gender-neutral styling, says Ali, adding that it suits Verrett well:

- He is a free person and is neither defined by gender, race or title. This is a historic moment, and it means a lot to me – a black girl who grew up in Norway, but who is not Norwegian."
https://www.minmote.no/nyheter/a/mQj6zL/martha-louise-durek-verrett-norsk-design

It's lovely that he chose a suit from the "women's collection", and not even to make a statement but simply because he liked it. Even today I doubt many male royals would do likewise.

That said, it is not something I would have been able to tell, as the jacket seems to fit just fine. The color is beautiful and a refreshing break from the monotony of men's formalwear in Western countries. The recent Swedish family portrait was very vexing ;) on that front - with all the ties the same color, the whole male part of the family basically dressed up in uniform.

New photos of the Royal Family and of the King, Victoria and Estelle. The photos have been taken at the White Sea Hall at the Royal Palace by Clément Morin.
https://www.kungahuset.se/arkiv/nyheter/2023-09-08-nya-foton-av-den-kungl.-familjen
HQ photos at court press room
Kungahuset Pressbilder _ Royal Court Press Photos - category Latest images

Back
Top Bottom