Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask is the schedule official or is it estimated like where did it originally come from? Was it CH that released it or did the tabloids think of it cause if its not from an official source then I'm wondering if the 3pm break is true. But maybe there's alot of preparation do be done in between the parties at BP so that's why they're leaving idk.

Is there news about whether we can expect the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark to attend?

No offense, but praying that two people don't screw around with other people? I can think of a better usage of their time than that.

I support the prayer completely. There should have been prayers like this for the Queen's children's generation.

No offense, but praying that two people don't screw around with other people? I can think of a better usage of their time than that.

I'd prefer if they add some for his hair :whistling:
To pray for them it's nice, but if two main people in this relationship don't do their part, it won't be enough!

Prayer cannot make someone stay faithful to their spouse. You could pray until all the churches in England turn to rubble, and if someone wants to cheat, they're going to cheat.

The idea of praying that someone behaves in a manner you deem appropriate, regardless of whether said person behaving in that manner is a good idea, creeps me out.

Prayer cannot make someone stay faithful to their spouse. You could pray until all the churches in England turn to rubble, and if someone wants to cheat, they're going to cheat.

The idea of praying that someone behaves in a manner you deem appropriate, regardless of whether said person behaving in that manner is a good idea, creeps me out.

On that entire matter I really don't see a need to worry overly much. In the years they've been together, its been kind of obvious that William is a one woman man and really doesn't have too much of a roving nature. Nor does Kate.

I would have to agree with you. Praying is all well and good, but people have free will and therefore will behave how they see fit, even if it means disregarding society's norms. As for staying faithful, it's up to the person and in a way, the couple as well. If both are happy in the relationship/marriage, then there's no reason to go and look for something elsewhere. However, if that's not the case, then cheating will happen. Not to mention that some people just cannot be faithful in general.

If one wants to send prayers, then perhaps we should pray that they will have the wisdom to listen to each other and do all they can not to repeat the mistakes of the earlier generations of the BRF.

Knowing that people are praying for me makes me feel better. I've seen prayer answered in amazing ways.

Of course it's up to William and Katherine to be faithful. People aren't robots.

If one wants to send prayers, then perhaps we should pray that they will have the wisdom to listen to each other and do all they can not to repeat the mistakes of the earlier generations of the BRF.

So I shouldn't pray that my alcoholic brother be healed of his affliction?

For full disclosure, this is my personal opinion:

Prayer doesn't heal. Medicine, therapy, counseling....they will. I've got alcoholics up and down my family tree, I understand what it's like to see someone you care about suffer from an illness like addiction, but what is really going to help him is proactive action, not prayers to some higher power.

What your brother really needs is rehabilitation. I have nothing against religion or religious people, though I myself am an atheist. What I have a problem with is the thinking that religion can take the place of western medicine and treatment. Praying he stops drinking won't stop him from drinking. What will stop him from drinking is your brother coming to the realization that his life is out of control and that he needs professional medical help. Like I said, I've seen this with my own two eyes. All praying does is make you feel better about yourself, it doesn't do squat for the other person. It doesn't change their behavior, it doesn't enlighten them, it doesn't give them a moment of clarity. Those things can only come from that person, not anyone or anything else.

I could post for about an hour and a half or more about my problems with this, but this isn't the place for it.

Last edited:

Prayer doesn't heal. Medicine, therapy, counseling....they will. I've got alcoholics up and down my family tree, I understand what it's like to see someone you care about suffer from an illness like addiction, but what is really going to help him is proactive action, not prayers to some higher power.

What your brother really needs is rehabilitation. I have nothing against religion or religious people, though I myself am an atheist. What I have a problem with is the thinking that religion can take the place of western medicine and treatment. Praying he stops drinking won't stop him from drinking. What will stop him from drinking is your brother coming to the realization that his life is out of control and that he needs professional medical help. Like I said, I've seen this with my own two eyes. All praying does is make you feel better about yourself, it doesn't do squat for the other person. It doesn't change their behavior, it doesn't enlighten them, it doesn't give them a moment of clarity. Those things can only come from that person, not anyone or anything else.

I could post for about an hour and a half or more about my problems with this, but this isn't the place for it.

A lot of people do have enormous faith in a Higher Being, and they would say you are wrong, that there are miracles. Now, some people take that to an extreme and eschew modern medicine, believing that ONLY prayer will heal and that if prayer does not heal then that person was not meant to be healed. Personally, I do not believe that. I think that a person should use every resource at their means to heal, whether that be through prayer, modern medicine or a combination of both. All I know is that sometimes, when modern medicine says "there is no hope", hope remains and sometimes, with many hearts praying together, there is an otherwise inexplicable miracle.

I don't want this to get into a religious debate. But, I am very bothered by the assertions from several people in this forum that prayer does nothing. For you, it does nothing but making a blanket statement as if it were fact is disrespectful of many others here who do have faith in prayer and have experienced miracles in their lives. :flowers:

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm certainly supportive of anything that will help him on his road to recovery, whether medical, psychological, or spiritual. We need to disagree agreeably on the last point obviously.

What your brother really needs is rehabilitation.

Last edited:

And as much as I am religious, you are right on the money. I do pray but there is also a certain responsibility on the people concerned in matters like these.

Sister Morphine said:

I completely disagree. I've seen prayer itself do miraculous things, you would say I'm a lunatic and a freak if I told you what prayer to God has done for me. Prayer set my uncle free from alcoholism...AA couldn't help him it was God and the prayer that set him free from that addiction and to this day he ministers about what God had done for him. Prayer healed my friend who had a rare cancer and was left by the doctors to die...an entire church gathered to pray for her and she was healed. A family member of mine was near death and prayer kept her alive and I'm talking about being at the point when medicines and treatment can do nothing for you....I could go on and on about the power of prayer.

Medicines/treatment can only go so far. Most medications only cover up the problem/symptoms, but only prayer has the power to penetrate into soul and spirit. I understand where you're coming from but their isn't some "higher power". It's God and I do believe that prayer is so powerful that it can save a marriage...even a royal marriage.

St. James Palace confirmed on Friday, that only king Juan Carlos and queen Sofia were invited to the wedding of prince Willian and Catherine Middleton. The official said that “You would need to check with the Spanish royal household as to who they have opted to attend,”
That night, however, a nervous courtier suggested that Charles had asked for Felipe and Letizia to be added to the guest list.
Royal wedding: Inquisition over Prince William's 'snub' to Crown Prince Felipe of Spain - Telegraph
And the royal house confirms that the queen and the princes of Asturias will attend the wedding
La Reina y los Príncipes asistirán a la boda del año. Ideal

Last edited:
Can someone please help me, I have lost track of who from each royal family is coming

Norway?
Luxomborg?
Sweden?
Netherlands?
Spain?
Denmark?
Belgium?

St. James Palace confirmed on Friday, that only king Juan Carlos and queen Sofia were invited to the wedding of prince Willian and Catherine Middleton. The official said that “You would need to check with the Spanish royal household as to who they have opted to attend,”
That night, however, a nervous courtier suggested that Charles had asked for Felipe and Letizia to be added to the guest list.
Royal wedding: Inquisition over Prince William's 'snub' to Crown Prince Felipe of Spain - Telegraph
And the royal house confirms that the queen and the princes of Asturias will attend the wedding
La Reina y los Príncipes asistirán a la boda del año. Ideal

Apparently it was the same for Norway where also only the King and Queen where invited. And they are even closer realted to the british RF then then the spanish RF and nobody complained about it.

Last edited:
Can someone please help me, I have lost track of who from each royal family is coming

Norway?
Luxomborg?
Sweden?
Netherlands?
Spain?
Denmark?
Belgium?

Norway --> King Harald V & Queen Sonja
Sweden --> Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Netherlands --> prince Willem-Alexander and princess Maxima
Spain --> Queen Sofie, Prince Felipe and princess Letizia
Denmark --> Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik
Belgium --> Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde

Happy For Felipe and Letizia. It will be the first time we see Letizia with ... a hat.

Happy For Felipe and Letizia. It will be the first time we see Letizia with ... a hat.
Just hope and pray she doesn't decide to recycle the Bermuda Shorts she wore to an official engagement in the not too distant past!!!!:ROFLMAO:

I completely disagree. I've seen prayer itself do miraculous things, you would say I'm a lunatic and a freak if I told you what prayer to God has done for me. Prayer set my uncle free from alcoholism...AA couldn't help him it was God and the prayer that set him free from that addiction and to this day he ministers about what God had done for him. Prayer healed my friend who had a rare cancer and was left by the doctors to die...an entire church gathered to pray for her and she was healed. A family member of mine was near death and prayer kept her alive and I'm talking about being at the point when medicines and treatment can do nothing for you....I could go on and on about the power of prayer.

Medicines/treatment can only go so far. Most medications only cover up the problem/symptoms, but only prayer has the power to penetrate into soul and spirit. I understand where you're coming from but their isn't some "higher power". It's God and I do believe that prayer is so powerful that it can save a marriage...even a royal marriage.

I would not call anyone a lunatic or a freak who espoused a belief in a God or Gods, now matter how vehemently I disagree with their opinions. You can be on opposite sides of an issue (such as this) with someone, and not resort to name-calling like that.

I'm just really, really uncomfortable with the idea that people believe prayer actually heals. To me, it's an insult to doctors, nurses, medical professionals everywhere. It's like you're saying what they do doesn't really matter, since it's not really in their hands. I'm also more than a little unnerved by you thinking that most medicines just "cover up" symptoms/problems, rather than heal them or cure them. Some medicines, because of the illnesses they treat, can only do that because there is no cure. Their job is to treat the illness and to make the patient as comfortable and pain-free as possible. Not all of them are like that, and it's sad that you think so. It's great that your friend was able to regain health, and her cancer went into remission, but that happens all the time around the country to scores of people. My cousin had diabetes for years, she went through all the steps with injecting insulin, watching her diet, checking her blood glucose level....she did this for 12 years. Then she goes to the doctor one day, and discovers her diabetes is in remission. She asks the doctor how that happened, and she was told that it just happens sometimes, that the body is remarkable at healing itself. Did her very religious Mormon family and fellow churchgoers' prayers do this? No, her pancreas did. Diabetes can go into remission in pets as well, if their diet and blood sugar is regulated long enough. It's not prayer, it's not a belief in a God or Gods that causes that to happen, it's the individual's body healing itself. Which like I said, happens all the time. Just because there may not be a medical explanation for it at this time doesn't mean it is a religious phenomenon or experience. This isn't an either/or proposition.

Praying that people do what you want them to do, in situations other than life or death, removes that person's free will, since you're asking some other being to step in and alter their behavior. People are going to behave the way they're going to behave, because humans are humans and they must be free to make their own choices, good bad or indifferent. Free will is an essential component to humanity. Taking it away makes the person less than human. I believe in keeping the essence of humanity in all people, and allowing them to make their own choices, and hoping that they learn from those choices, no matter what they were.

Last edited:
a Bermuda Short? It's quite right that sometimes Letizia is ... hum ... border line in her choice of dressing.

Norway --> King Harald V & Queen Sonja
Sweden --> Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Netherlands --> prince Willem-Alexander and princess Maxima
Spain --> Queen Sofie, Prince Felipe and princess Letizia
Denmark --> Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik
Belgium --> Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde

didn't I read somewhere the reasons why some other royals where not to attend? Like for example, Queen Beatrix won't go because April 30th is "Queen's Day", or something like that.
I would love to see CP Haakon and Mette-Marit, pity :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom