The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005


If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Heir Presumptive
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
2,063
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the times of the TV boardcast of the religious ceremony at Windsor.
I know SKY news will be covering it live (so Austrialia, New Zealand, UK, Africa) could watch there. I suppose BBC will also be covering it.

Who is the American broadcaster?

How about gathering for a chat on the day?
 
Last edited:
So will Autralia broadcat the Wedding Blessing at St George' Chapel?I would really want to watch it.It would be great.
 
Do you have SKY news?
 
At what time will it be?
 
what about US will be air?

Sara Boyce
 
BBCAmerica might air it. Check their website to see.


When Sophie and Edward married they broadcast their wedding on BBCAmerica here in Los Angeles. So perhaps they'll show the C&C marriage.
 
I've heard that CNN will carry it. That's unsubstantiated, though.

I can just imagine Sara1981 sitting there in front of the TV with a supply of rotten eggs and tomatoes to throw :D
 
selrahc4 said:
I've heard that CNN will carry it. That's unsubstantiated, though.

I can just imagine Sara1981 sitting there in front of the TV with a supply of rotten eggs and tomatoes to throw :D

stop it! you makes me isane!

Sara Boyce
 
According to my TV guide for April Sky News in Australia will be showing the Royal Wedding from 3.00 p.m. of the 8th April until 1.00 p.m. on the 9th April. I suspect that the stuff after about 3.00 a.m. will be replays and highlights only.

3.00 p.m. is 6.00 a.m. London time on the 8th April so I think they will be interrupting their regular news shows to show the build up until something happens and then show what is to be seen live with comments about things as the day progresses.

That same guide makes no reference to any coverage on CNN or BBC but that may only mean that they didn't know what coverage they would be giving at the time of publication.
 
sara1981 said:
stop it! you makes me isane!

Sara Boyce

I think selrahc4 just meant it as a joke and I'm sure she meant no ill-intent about it.

... I think something like this would most certainly be carried live on the CBC or Newsworld in Canada. Edward and Sophie's wedding was covered live as was Diana and the Queen Mum's funeral on at least one of these two channels.
 
What about Brazil...hehehehe...I´m from here..and, here, we don´t see to much of Royal Families.......do you have any ideas?
 
Nathalian said:
What about Brazil...hehehehe...I´m from here..and, here, we don´t see to much of Royal Families.......do you have any ideas?

As I'm too a Brazilian, I think that, if you have cable, you'll be able to see the wedding.
CNN or BBC might show some of it, but we'll have to wake up early in the morning b/c London is three hours ahead from Brazil, this means that 08:00 am there is 05:00 am here.
 
Hehehehe...i wake up.....I have school...hehehehe....fortunaley, I have cable..soo.....I´ll be able to see it! Thanks Anna!
 
Alexandria said:
I think selrahc4 just meant it as a joke and I'm sure she meant no ill-intent about it.

Indeed, Alexandra, I was only joking. As a matter of fact, I may have mis-interpreted sara's reply: I thought she had taken the joke & jokingly meant in her reply that she was laughing.
 
Wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles: April 9, 2005

This thread is for the wedding of Prince Charles to his longtime companion Camilla Parker-Bowles, who will be married on April 9, 2005 at the Guidhall in Windsor.

This thread is now being opened for Charles and Camilla's wedding. Please only start posting pictures and articles in this thread when the first guests have started.

Other threads for the wedding are below, at which you can make other related posts:

TV Times for the Wedding: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5451&page=1

Charles and Camilla to Marry: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5349&page=1
 
Last edited:
I have heard that Channel 9 is also showing the wedding in Australia but as that report said that they were showing the civil ceremony I have my doubts about its reliability.

According to the reports I have read the room where the wedding is to take place can only have 30 people in it due to fire regulations and as there are 30 people being invited to the wedding I suspect that there will be no coverage of the civil ceremony. There may even by no photograph available unless someone like Prince Andrew takes the photo.
 
Should he snap photos of the civil ceremony, would they be published in the media for public to see?
 
As he took the photos of Louise at her Christening the photos may very well be published.

During the Queen's Jubilee they had a series of photographers take photos of the Queen for an exhibition at Windsor Castle and Andrew was one of the photographers. Personally I thought they were the best of the lot because the Queen looked so relaxed in them - like a mother having her photo taken by a beloved son. I think he is a very good photographer.
 
chrissy57 said:
As he took the photos of Louise at her Christening the photos may very well be published.

During the Queen's Jubilee they had a series of photographers take photos of the Queen for an exhibition at Windsor Castle and Andrew was one of the photographers. Personally I thought they were the best of the lot because the Queen looked so relaxed in them - like a mother having her photo taken by a beloved son. I think he is a very good photographer.

Yes, I remember the photos of the Lady Louise's Christening.

Meanwhile, CNN International will have live broadcast of the Royal Wedding of Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles.
 
chrissy57 said:
I have heard that Channel 9 is also showing the wedding in Australia but as that report said that they were showing the civil ceremony I have my doubts about its reliability.

According to the reports I have read the room where the wedding is to take place can only have 30 people in it due to fire regulations and as there are 30 people being invited to the wedding I suspect that there will be no coverage of the civil ceremony. There may even by no photograph available unless someone like Prince Andrew takes the photo.
I hope it will show the Blesing Service at St George' Chapel.It would be so great.
 
THE Seven and Nine networks will broadcast live the church blessing
of Prince Charles of Wales' marriage to Camilla Parker Bowles.

Seven's coverage of the royal wedding will begin at 2100 AEST on
April 8, featuring pre-wedding news and gossip, a documentary – The
Woman Who Would Be Queen – and live crosses to commentators Tony
Squires and Anna Coren.
From 2225 AEST, viewers will watch guests and the royal couple arrive
at Guildhall for the wedding.

Prince Charles and Camilla have decided to keep the wedding service,
at the Guildhall, private and closed to media.

Advertisement:
Just 30 invited guests including senior members of the Royal Family –
but not the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh – and members of the
Parker Bowles family, will witness the actual marriage ceremony.

A Chapel service of prayer and dedication will then take place at St
George's Chapel in Windsor Castle. This service will be televised
live on both Nine and Seven from 2300 AEST.

Televised live to the world, the religious service will be presided
over by the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams and will be
attended by about 750 guests, including Queen Elizabeth.

The other Australian television networks have committed to screening
royal wedding reports and some live crosses during their news
bulletins that evening and the following day.
 
I think it will change to broadcast on Saturday now because Prince Charles and mrs Camilla have changed their wedding to Saturday for prince Charles's ttending the funeral of Pope John Paul II on Friday.
 
I just hope that the channels that had agreed to show the blessing etc on Friday are now able to (football commitments etc considered) on the Saturday.
 
The schedule for the wedding on Saturday April 9
from the BBC

Civil Ceremony - Midday
Blessing - 2:30 pm
Reception - 3:30 pm
 
~*~Humera~*~ said:
The schedule for the wedding on Saturday April 9
from the BBC

Civil Ceremony - Midday
Blessing - 2:30 pm
Reception - 3:30 pm

Will there be cameras at the reception?
 
marezdote said:
Will there be cameras at the reception?

hmm..Im afraid I dont know about that. But I would think that a few cameras will be allowed.
 
~*~Humera~*~ said:
The schedule for the wedding on Saturday April 9
from the BBC

Civil Ceremony - Midday
Blessing - 2:30 pm
Reception - 3:30 pm

Thanks for posting these updated hours ~*~Humera~*~. :)

Do you happen to know if these are in E.S.T.?

(As a fellow Canadian, do you know if the CBC or CBC Newsworld will be airing this wedding?)
 
Alexandria said:
Thanks for posting these updated hours ~*~Humera~*~. :)

Do you happen to know if these are in E.S.T.?

(As a fellow Canadian, do you know if the CBC or CBC Newsworld will be airing this wedding?)

you're welcome:)
The times listed are local London times, since I got them from the BBC.
I happen to know that CBC Newsworld was going to cover the wedding from 8 am Friday morning. Since the wedding has now been moved to Saturday, Im sure we can count on them to cover it that morning. Their coverage of events like this is so much better than CNN and others. I'll keep checking their online program schedule and will post it here once it's available. Right now they still have the wedding listed in the Friday morning schedule.
 
Back
Top Bottom