The Most Terrible Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Maxima pulls out all the stops for gala events and can really dazzle.

Every time you guys have a new picture of Maxima my first thought is I'll see something oversized hanging from her neck, like a tribal hubcap or seashells or tree branches made into a necklace. She has an affinity for weird looking accesories from a Coachella Festival gift shop or catalog that don't help her out.

Last edited:
Every time you guys have a new picture of Maxima my first thought is I'll see something oversized hanging from her neck, like a tribal hubcap or seashells or tree branches made into a necklace. She has an affinity for weird looking accesories from a Coachella Festival gift shop or catalog that don't help her out.

If HM Queen Maxima conformed to your wishes ladies and gentlemen, you would have nothing to write about:whistling:

queen Maxima dress sense.

If HM Queen Maxima conformed to your wishes ladies and gentlemen, you would have nothing to write about:whistling:

I agree with you whole heartly; you are spot on, I always respect Queen Maxima style for better or worst.

The most Terrible hairstyle award must be Queen Maxima's and often the choice of clothing is a close runner up.

Wow! What happened there? That hair is so bad, I'm surprised the police didn't cordon it off, because it looks like a horrible accident.

Princess Mabel’s “pants and sheer curtain” ensemble at Princess Victoria and Daniel’s wedding was one of the most “unusual/strange/noteworthy” I’ve ever seen. Lol

Its a Fashion thread and as such posters are free to express their likes and dislikes and as such will always have plenty to write about as this is a public Forum.
None of the likes or dislikes are meant to be taken personally and if rules are broken the posts can be reported.

Princess Mabel’s “pants and sheer curtain” ensemble at Princess Victoria and Daniel’s wedding was one of the most “unusual/strange/noteworthy” I’ve ever seen. Lol

It was part of a much acclaimed (but in reality unwearable) couture line by the Dutch designers Viktor & Rolf:

Holes in a dress

A messed up dress

A cut-off dress

To quote what was posted by Duke of Marmalade on a hat, I feel sorry for the (bird) 1970's sofa that had to die for it! :lol:

Dear lord, please take me now. Did she swim the Gibraltar straits to get there? Her hair is a mess, she should had pulled it back when she washed up ashore.

And there's the dress with two angry eyeballs looking at us judging it. :eek:

The pink circular patterns over the angry eyes and below them makes it look like a dragon face. Look close.
And I just notice the wonder woman silver bracelet covering her right forearm.
On the positive, I like her shoes. They could be for the other thread about Changing Dress Codes to demonstrate right shoes for activities that involve hours of walking or just standing up.

I agree. It is beyond my understanding that she walks past portraits of all these Orange-Nassau ladies in all those palaces, just take a few, seeing Mencía de Mendoza y Fonseca, Claudia de Châlons d'Arlay, Charlotte de Bourbon-Montpensier, Amalia von Solms-Braunfels, Mary Stuart, Anne of Hannover, Anna Pavlovna Romanova in all their dignity and finery and thinking: "Yes, alike my forebearers, I am dressed as an utmost dignified lady, in everyting representing an illustrious and prestigious House". Pffff....

I have no idea where that strange and restorted self-view comes from. Maybe it is her upbringing in a far-away land, totally without any connection to royalty or nobility?

(Mary Donaldson at least grew up in a monarchy).

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know where to begin looking... ?

For me the worst outfit EVER is Crown Princess Victoria at Nobel 2019. It seems like a duvet

:previous: Yeah. I didn't comment in the wedding thread because I literally didn't know what to say...other than that has to be the strangest mother-of-the-bride outfit EVER.:ermm:

:previous: Yeah. I didn't comment in the wedding thread because I literally didn't know what to say...other than that has to be the strangest mother-of-the-bride outfit EVER.:ermm:

That's not the Elie Saab we wanted to see. :sad:

The most terrible part isn't the outfit itself, but MT chose to wore this to her only daughter's wedding in church. If it's being worn in something like an award presentation, a fashion event, it won't be this awful.

The most terrible part isn't the outfit itself, but MT chose to wore this to her only daughter's wedding in church. If it's being worn in something like an award presentation, a fashion event, it won't be this awful.

That's precisely why I wrote "This is what GD María Teresa wore at her only daughter's wedding."

Also, people should know what suits their body shape best, jumpsuits don't look good on short people. Only Maxima or Mathilde could pull this off. Sorry not sorry.

I agree. The outfit itself isn't terrible. It's just suited for some evening gala or concert somewhere...NOT the Royal, Catholic springtime wedding in the South of France of ones' only daughter.:sad:

Is Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's flower suppose to be a rose? Or is the flower suppose to be a peony?

:rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2:

Is Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's flower suppose to be a rose? Or is the flower suppose to be a peony?

:rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2:

It's supposed to be a bath sponge.

Ok sorry, it looks like it's supposed to be a Pink Cloud Rose (Rosarium Lottum).

It probably would have been just fine if the flower had only been a little smaller.

For my money Astrid at her daughter's still "wins".

I think it was way too theatrical to work for the GD's height and figure, much less for a springtime wedding in the Var.

The fact that it's an Elie Saab design FLOORS me. I would never have guessed.:ohmy:

On the right model, the most terrible outfit will look kind of good.
But royal ladies are very rarely the right models.
MT's outfit is really terrible but on top of that, wedding or not, it is the most wrong outfit for her height or body type. I am not sure if somebody is advising her of if she did this to herself.

Princess Astrid was truly terrible in her Fraggles outfit.
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/...-50dd992b23d0/maria_laura097.jpeg?format=750w

:previous: Princess Astrid was most MOST Terrible. Whomever designed that outfit for her must truly dislike her.:eek:

On the right model, the most terrible outfit will look kind of good.
But royal ladies are very rarely the right models.
MT's outfit is really terrible but on top of that, wedding or not, it is the most wrong outfit for her height or body type. I am not sure if somebody is advising her of if she did this to herself.

Princess Astrid was truly terrible in her Fraggles outfit.
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/...-50dd992b23d0/maria_laura097.jpeg?format=750w

Yikes. That is scary.

:previous: Princess Astrid was most MOST Terrible. Whomever designed that outfit for her must truly dislike her.:eek:

As I said at the time, I think even more terrible than that ensemble was that...there was no one in the family at all who could gently tell her 'no' or steer her into something more flattering?

Speaking of which, I've finally found the appropriate thread for this dress. I'm not a huge fan (or detractor) of Sonja's style, but most of the time I think she looks fine for the role and appropriate. Not here, though. https://i.pinimg.com/474x/9e/45/ce/9e45ced827fd0aa139c86606c6a23658.jpg (Ayiyi.)

Last edited:
As I said at the time, I think even more terrible than that ensemble was that...there was no one in the family at all who could gently tell her 'no' or steer her into something more flattering?

Speaking of which, I've finally found the appropriate thread for this dress. I'm not a huge fan (or detractor) of Sonja's style, but most of the time I think she looks fine for the role and appropriate. Not here, though. https://i.pinimg.com/474x/9e/45/ce/9e45ced827fd0aa139c86606c6a23658.jpg (Ayiyi.)

Ohhhh....NO!! What is that psychedelic horror!!?:eek:

Back
Top Bottom