The Family of Prince Henrik - The de Laborde de Monpezats

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sky

Nobility
Was his mother Mexican? I read on a website that the Danish court had some problems with him being Latin and I read somewhere else that his mother was Mexican. But I having read anything about it since. I just wanted know , since websites are always stating Alexandra family's backround, but for Henri only stating her was a French count.

Originally posted by sky@Feb 16th, 2004 - 1:28 pm
Was his mother Mexican? I read on a website that the Danish court had some problems with him being Latin and I read somewhere else that his mother was Mexican. But I having read anything about it since. I just wanted know , since websites are always stating Alexandra family's backround, but for Henri only stating her was a French count.
Hello HRH Prince Henriks mother and farther were both Frence by birth.
Ther were no Mexican over prince Henriks mother nothing what so ever.
Prince Henrik are still af Frence count but it is only when he is staying in France

Don't tell Henrik that his claim of being a French count is not legit :unsure:

Originally posted by Alisa@Feb 16th, 2004 - 10:57 pm
Don't tell Henrik that his claim of being a French count is not legit :unsure:
Well his claim of being a french count is legit becaus he is one of the older sons in the family.

Well his claim of being a french count is legit becaus he is one of the older sons in the family. [/b]
IIRC, the family's entitlement to the countly title itself is questionable. IIRC, the title was never officially granted or the correct patent letters were not issued (something along those lines).

Last edited by a moderator:
Latin background means here his French, not Mexican origin B) French culture belongs to Latin and Mediterrean heritage as well as Italian or Spanish. I just wonder how they reconciled their different temperaments? :flower:

can someone provide info on the princes ancestry.i have read contradictory accounts. is he of merovingian descent.i know this would be hard to substantiate.thanks,i'm just curious.

What do you know about Frederik's french cousin : Grégoire de Laborde de Montpezat ? ;) the son of Henrik's brother : Jean-Baptiste !

Have you got pics of him ? :lol:

Thanks ;)

He is already married ??? :blink: no I don't think so ......
Where did you find that ????

Originally posted by kil@May 18th, 2004 - 3:19 pm
He is already married ??? :blink: no I don't think so ......
Where did you find that ????
They mentioned on Danish television that one of HRH Prince Henrik's nephews was married to a Dane, I just can't remember which one (of the nephews, not the Danes :lol: )

ONE of the Prince Henrik's nephew ... but he has .... sooooo many nephew :lol:
His sister has if I remember 8 children , one of his brother 3 children , an other one I don't know ...
So I don't really think it's the one I'm looking for ;) I found a genealogy of the family and apparently he is not married ... it's not mentionned ... ;)

Thanks ;)

is there much visiting between the cousins in Denmark and France ?

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 1:15 pm
is there much visiting between the cousins in Denmark and France ?
It said in "BT" today that Thomas Beauvillain and Vincent Beauvillain were on a hunting trip to Bornholm together with Prince Henrik and Prince Gustav of Berleburg. Apparently dear are in season.

Tell me more about this young man...... It would be great if someone could find a photo or photos of Henriks side of the family at the wedding....

The one I'm looking for is named Grégoire de Laborde de Montpezat ;)

Originally posted by kcc@May 6th, 2004 - 7:00 pm
can someone provide info on the princes ancestry.i have read contradictory accounts. is he of merovingian descent.i know this would be hard to substantiate.thanks,i'm just curious.

As far as I have heard, no one can prove any merovingian descent. Has anyone heard otherwise? I would like to have some references in this matter.

IIRC, the family's entitlement to the countly title itself is questionable. IIRC, the title was never officially granted or the correct patent letters were not issued (something along those lines). [/b]
I don't think it's a matter of intention either --- I think the family just started using it because another line of the family was made noble and they were not.

I do think there is a legitimate Marquess of Laborde of Montpezat though.

Last edited by a moderator:
CasiraghiTrio said:
Does an editorial count as "news"? Well, in any case, it's a rather unique, if jaded, perspective on the Kingaroo's first 15 months.:rolleyes:

Interesting. It says that the Y chromosome is very strong in Prince Henriks descendents so it predicts another boy.

He may have a point there. Henrik had two sons, Joachim had two sons, chances are this second child of Frederik and Mary will be another son.

ysbel said:
He may have a point there. Henrik had two sons, Joachim had two sons, chances are this second child of Frederik and Mary will be another son.

Does it work that way?

The father determines the sex of the child. Women have two X chromosomes; Men have an X and a Y. Mothers can only give X chromosomes to their children through the egg; whereas fathers can give their children either an X or a Y chromosome through the sperm.

Men produce both X and Y sperm but have a tendency to produce more of one than another and this tendency is inherited.

Since Henrik fathered two sons, Joachim fathered two sons, and Frederik fathered one son with no daughters yet, it may be that Frederik and Joachim inherited a strong tendency from their father to produce Y chromosome sperm.

The men haven't fathered too many children and other factors can come into play so I may be wrong. Prince Claus of the Netherlands fathered 3 sons and no daughters but all his sons have only fathered daughters.

ysbel said:
The men haven't fathered too many children and other factors can come into play so I may be wrong. Prince Claus of the Netherlands fathered 3 sons and no daughters but all his sons have only fathered daughters.

And 1 boy, Count Claus-Casimir

Princess Robijn said:
And 1 boy, Count Claus-Casimir

Ah I forgot about Claus Casimir. Thanks Princess Robijn. :flowers:

ysbel said:
The father determines the sex of the child. Women have two X chromosomes; Men have an X and a Y. Mothers can only give X chromosomes to their children through the egg; whereas fathers can give their children either an X or a Y chromosome through the sperm.

Men produce both X and Y sperm but have a tendency to produce more of one than another and this tendency is inherited.

Since Henrik fathered two sons, Joachim fathered two sons, and Frederik fathered one son with no daughters yet, it may be that Frederik and Joachim inherited a strong tendency from their father to produce Y chromosome sperm.

Yes, it´s hard to say, because they all have only two boys. Even Henrik has only one brother (I though couldn´t find anywhere informations on the children of his brother Etienne...how many does he have and what sex??) Maybe there would have been a girl, if they all would have tried it tree times ;) And Joachim has actually still the chance. I guess, if he would marry Marie, they would have children together.
And a little bit it is also dependent from the woman...after all her eggs have to accept the little swimmers ;) And there are certain theories on sperms with the Y being faster, but shorter living...so that the time of
love-smiley-009.gif
:wub: around the ovulation is said to play a role. ;) So I would say the chance, that Mary´s little roomer is a girl isn´t completely excluded. And I´ve a feeling, this time it´s indeed a girl. She is looking so different (old midwife tales...you know :lol: )

Yes, you're right Lena, two children per father is really not enuogh. I only mention it because Henrik's descendents include 5 boys and no girls. The number 5 seems high.

I knew of one family that didn't have a girl for 5 generations. Finally when a baby girl was born, it was such big news that it was in all the regional papers.

ysbel said:
Yes, you're right Lena, two children per father is really not enuogh. I only mention it because Henrik's descendents include 5 boys and no girls. The number 5 seems high.

I knew of one family that didn't have a girl for 5 generations. Finally when a baby girl was born, it was such big news that it was in all the regional papers.

Prince Henrik have sisters

betina said:
Prince Henrik have sisters

Yes? What are their names and how are they living. I could only find a little bit of information on Etienne (and this interview he had done with Mary and Frederik)

ysbel said:

And Prince Claus was the only son and had 6 sisters.

Back
Top Bottom