The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would almost guarantee that someone from the media is on full alert waiting to see what happens next in the Life and Times of Daddy Dearest. If anything, Tom's alerted the world that he turns 74 tomorrow. Perhaps the Queen should send him a cookie? But seriously, I do not imagine that Meghan will go anywhere near a phone with her father on the other end tomorrow. She's smarter than that.

My guess is that IF senior does not receive a call tomorrow...he will release some more Meghan pnotos or reveal some more details about conversations between himself, Harry and Meghan. Who wants to bet that either TMZ or Piers Morgan or the Sun will have an interview with him tomorrow? Nobody right! Because it will be a sure bet!

Each interview becomes less and less effective. He has already insulted and threatened The Queen which is pretty low. I think the next step is flying to the UK to ambush M&H. Seriously old dude with the so called heart problems who is close to death, is that the legacy you want to leave? Why does'nt he go visit his other grand children?!

This seems like a game to him that he has decided he's going to win. He has pretty much shown what he's going to do: He'll reveal more private info on Meghan, he does have some from the past. He already spilled his opinion on why her previous marriage ended. Until Meghan tolls out the ted carpet and arranges a meeting with the Queen, he'll continue embarrassing her publicly. And he thinks it's funny.

Him and his older daughter live in a deluded bubble, where they've decided, that cashing in on Meghan is going to be their means of income. And Meghan is completely in the wrong and cruel for not supporting this, and needs to do better: Bow down to daddy, according to Samantha. According to these two, Mr Markle made her who she is, she owes her whole being to him, and she's not showing gratitude. It's sounding a bit dangerous levels of entitlement, right now Mr Markle is getting angry that Meghan hasn't fallen down the line already. He will get really nasty when he gets angry. I think he will target some hate toward Doria soon, just to get a reaction, any reaction.

Boy! When even most of the Daily Mail commenters are supporting Meghan it has to be bad for Thomas Markle Snr!

I think, initially, many conventional and trusting onlookers were hopeful of a normalish father/daughter relationship for Meghan. As Mr Thomas Markle Sr. continues his outbursts with the press that hope seems less plausible.
It's hard to fathom.

This seems like a game to him that he has decided he's going to win. He has pretty much shown what he's going to do: He'll reveal more private info on Meghan, he does have some from the past. He already spilled his opinion on why her previous marriage ended. Until Meghan tolls out the ted carpet and arranges a meeting with the Queen, he'll continue embarrassing her publicly. And he thinks it's funny.

Him and his older daughter live in a deluded bubble, where they've decided, that cashing in on Meghan is going to be their means of income. And Meghan is completely in the wrong and cruel for not supporting this, and needs to do better: Bow down to daddy, according to Samantha. According to these two, Mr Markle made her who she is, she owes her whole being to him, and she's not showing gratitude. It's sounding a bit dangerous levels of entitlement, right now Mr Markle is getting angry that Meghan hasn't fallen down the line already. He will get really nasty when he gets angry. I think he will target some hate toward Doria soon, just to get a reaction, any reaction.

I totally agree with you on that statement........I worry that not one has so far contacted Doria nor done anything to make her life hell like they are doing to Meghan......if they want a reaction then Doria is the next step in getting Meghan to say something or do something.............I would worry about Doria if I was Meghan for this is sounding rather on the dangerous side of emotional abuse. You never turn your back on people like ever.......you keep all eyes open around you and the ones you love.....you can never trust this family again with anything..........

Did you see Samantha's latest tweet? Wow. Her and Thomas' behaviors are absolutely disgusting.

"How about you pay tribute to your own father?! Enough is enough. Act like a humanitarian act like a woman! If our father dies I’m holding you responsible, Meg! @KensingtonRoyal"

Personally, I think that with everything that's going on now, Doria is astute enough to follow Meghan's lead and change her phone number to eliminate that channel of communication from any of the Markles. If anyone poses a problem, she'd also first and foremost alert Meghan and then possibly even the police and get a restraining order (if she hasn't already done so which is why she's not even mentioned lately.)

Samantha? She's barking and bleating and making all kinds of animal noises but its going to get her absolutely nowhere real fast. With the attitude of hostility that's she's spewing forth, if she ever was under consideration to be on CBB, that's probably been flushed down the toilet also. No British program is going to want to take the risk of someone like her appearing on their program.

One reaps what they sow and so far, what I've seen, the Markles are planting mothballs and expecting to reap a harvest from them. Mothballs repel. :D

Did you see Samantha's latest tweet? Wow. Her and Thomas' behaviors are absolutely disgusting.

"How about you pay tribute to your own father?! Enough is enough. Act like a humanitarian act like a woman! If our father dies I’m holding you responsible, Meg! @KensingtonRoyal"

Disgusting. Just wow. Steer clear Meghan.

I hope if Doria is threatened then they take legal action to get a restraining order to keep them away from her.
This whole thing is one of the reasons I wanted Meghan to invite the quiet Markles and Raglands to the wedding; to make a clear statement she has contact with family she can trust and that her father and siblings aren't that.
Also notice how Tom Sr attacks and threats mimic Tom Jr's.

I don't think Doria is in physical danger. I meant, that Mr Markle will give interviews trashing Doria, Samantha has already started it on twitter ages ago.

I am beginning to see that connection too. We are seeing it now. First he was like "my eldest daughter is the worse" now its "Meghan should have mended bridges in the family for the wedding because she is an actress (???????)" and then back again toward "Sam is making things worse" but no wait! It is really Meghan that is in the wrong and now I may die but no one cares.

Its dizzying. I think its entirely plausible that her supported Meghan in many ways as a child, teen and young adult, but that he also played games at the same time. Perhaps the years right before the engagement they were in a good place relationship wise because I do think Meghan had some level of trust toward her dad to have him involved in the wedding and to have told him she was dating Harry before it was public. And he kept that to himself. I really find him the most perplexing person in the royal world right now. So many different stories and contradictions from him and about him.

I also found it strange that after her teens/college, we have have seen no pics of Meghan with her dad. Even the pics he sold :)bang:) are from her childhood. From her instagram, she visited him in MX in May 2016 and spent Thanksgiving with both her parents in 2016, I believe, in LA.

Meghan still called her dad and tried to see him after the stunt he pulled at the wedding (according to him) and Harry supported her, so I do not think she simply rolled up shop the way some people portray it. I fully believe her dad's actions are a complete betrayal of trust in a way that not even her former best friend's and siblings could be. If the decision was made to finally cut ties after the GMB interview, it came from Meghan and Meghan alone IMO.

He just befuddles me. I don't understand how someone can go from totally not saying anything for over a year and now every time you log onto the internet there is another story of him spouting off.

Okay here is a funny from my sister and hope she forgives me for putting this here and hope the mods also do the same.....

**Stay tuned for the next installment of "As The Stomach Turns" starring the Markle Misfits. Rated "HE" for highly entertaining and a crash course in "How to be an Idiot 101".**

Had me laughing silly and is a nice bit of humor in all this drama........we all need a good laugh at times by those that do so deserve it.......?

Since the GMB interview with the subsequent no response or any kind of recognition from Meghan, I think Daddy has been prodded and pushed into obscure reasoning by two forces. One, a media that sees flashing green dollars and are willing and able to be Tom's "new best friend" and on the other hand, urgings and rationalizing and harping on things from his eldest daughter who we all know, has her own specific agenda in mind to defame, denigrate and shame Meghan as much as she possibly can.

The sane voices of reasoning which could have come from Doria and/or Meghan have been muted as these two people have realized they're going to get nowhere with this man and have blocked all communications.

If Tom, Sr. does decide he's off to the UK to "mend fences" as he has said he wants to do, I seriously hope he is met at the airport and treated as the father to the Duchess of Sussex he is. Served with a restraining order prohibiting him from being anywhere within the vicinity of where Meghan or any royal person is.

ETA: Just saw your post sis and I do think it describes the ongoing saga of Meghan's family. Its a sad state of things for Meghan but we have to admit we're keeping up with it. It keeps us off the streets and out of trouble. ;)

It baffles me that so many (relatively speaking) are ready to defend and try to understand Tom Markle.
Anyway, that is bound to end eventually.
As long as the BRF in general and H&M in particular stay silent and keep him very much at an arms length, he will eventually say or do something so outrageous as to completely discredit him to anyone but the most ardent sympathizers. Who, as I see it, also tend to harbor a very strong aversion towards Meghan. I'm not saying that everyone who has shown him understanding fits into this category, nor that they necessarily are members of TRF, but judging from comments elsewhere the most hardcore sympathizers IMO seems to be more driven by a strong personal dislike of Meghan rather than a genuine concern for Thomas Markle.

A man I have absolutely no sympathy for. I simply cannot understand parents who are jealous of their children or who try to hurt their children. He should instead be beaming with pride.
I could readily forgive him if he was indiscreet or otherwise goofed up, if it was based in him being over the moon with pride for his daughter. That is hardly the case for this whiner. - "I could die... blah, blah..." Give me a break! How despicable can you be?
Of course papa Markle should be beaming with pride; the fact that he is not means something is seriously wrong and I agree with a previous poster (sorry, can't remember the name as I am dizzy with all the various Marklistic theories:bang:)that the man should be the poster child for the next Heads Together symposium on mental health:flowers:

Like I said before its triangulation. All three have been extorting them all along. They have nothing to bargain with but the have their privilege and that gives them the freedom to embarass and shame Meghan and become a tool that the UK media can use against Meghan.

It's sad. I'm now convinced that he is an integral part of the dysfunction in that family and I would not be surprised if it has existed for years. Any initial sympathy I had for him has long vanished. He's shown himself to be as self centred as his oldest 2 children.

Well, at least this has put majority of more should've been done for him by Meghan, Harry, KP, and whoever else they want to blame but Tom himself, to bed.

He just befuddles me. I don't understand how someone can go from totally not saying anything for over a year and now every time you log onto the internet there is another story of him spouting off.

Exactly. It's very strange. :huh: Something got triggered. Stress could have triggered it. (Going off meds of one kind or another could have done it). The extent of this may be blind-siding Meghan, we can't know. It could be a-typical for him. There are a lot of assumptions in the scenarios being floated here (as much as mine).

Most relevant is that Mr Markle is proving to be his own worst enemy, lashed on by his seriously jealous and bitter eldest daughter (nothing balanced or in touch with reality there). :sad: The strange off-centeredness of his ramblings cannot be mistaken for anything other than what they are: misapprehensions to the point of delusions. All that he is saying and doing is blaring that there is a significant problem with him (and his eldest daughter). Such people do not 'deserve' animus imo, just a wide berth.

In the end, Mr Markle and his eldest daughter will find that they are shunned. It's likely already happening. Samantha's hysterical tweeting is of someone who cannot get attention anymore, so she is manipulating the father to stir the pot. That's what it looks like. Others have said this. Agree it looks like that. Talk about the 'wicked step-sister'! :sad: Poor Meghan.

She is not the only one living this. I remember Mette-Marit's father and Queen Fabiola's brother....nightmarish people

I know about Mette-Marit's father. What did Queen Fabiola's brother do? DM me?

One thing I've noticed that is being done is that major, credible publications are picking up on whatever spews out of Mr. Markle's mouth. Its not just the red top tabloids with screaming headlines. This article in Elle is pretty good and one can even vote whether Meghan should give in and reunite with her father or just just get on with her life. Its not rocket science to determine beforehand how that vote is going. :D

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-cu...han-markles-thomas-markle-sr-visit-uk-amends/

If not resolved, this situation will get even worse. It’s personal, but somethings gotta give.

If not resolved, this situation will get even worse. It’s personal, but somethings gotta give.

Not sure how it can be resolved when the parties don't really want it to end. Samantha, Thomas, and Tom Jr just want attention and to be in the royal way. They don't care about Meghan. And they have proven that just a taste of this life was all they needed to get hooked. They are going out of their way to exploit her and that is without contact. Imagine if they actually did see or talk to her.

The best thing Meghan can do is just ignore then and let them continue to hang themselves. People see them for who exactly they are now. Thomas had sympathy until he started making threats via tabloids against his child. There is really no coming back from this. Their relationship is dead. He picked to team up with his vile oldest daughter.

The media might cover it (it is news and they won't ignore an obvious story) but just based on some of these reporters tweeting Samantha to shut up and think pieces about how Meghan is being treated so appallingly. It is obvious the press has turned on them. They going to eventually burn out or do/say something so awful that it won't even matter anymore.

Thomas saying that Harry needs to just "Get over it" says a lot. He is putting that Father vs Husband thing out there and he will lose every single time. The changed number proves that.

And that right there is the true nail in the coffin. We’re talking about someone who loathes the Paps, blames them for his Mother’s death & his new Father in Law is saying that!?!

Between all he & the Siblings have done, & I sadly have no doubt, will continue to do to hurt & embarrass Meghan & Harry, this was the lowest. I think all possible lines to them & the Palace are well & truly gone.

The soonest Mr Markle realizes the only contact he’ll have w/any future Royal Grandchildren is on the pages of Hello, Us Weekly, Majesty, etc, the better!!

I’ve had friends w/ self centered, entitled siblings. Those siblings pour poison into the parent’s ear. Some of what Thomas, Sr. has said sounds like he’s parroting Samanthaisms - Meghan as an actress is responsible for healing the breach, for example.
And Samantha’s version of poison is a special kind of crazy. She, at least, is probably loving all of this, as she’s finally got her daddy all too herself after all those years of Meghan being the favored child.
As long as Thomas Sr. remains in communication with Samantha, any attempts Meghan makes to reconcile with her father are doomed to failure.
It’s all rather sad, he is older, he is not living a healthy lifestyle, he very well could have or develop serious health issues exacerbated by the stress of suddenly becoming the center of so much press attention, not to mention the venom he’s hearing from his older children which is making the situation exponentially worse. I’m not excusing his conduct, but Meghan strikes me as a warm and caring person and it’s hard & painful to cut ties with some one you’ve loved even when it’s the only way to protect yourself from further injury.

Like others have said, this won't be resolved. As unfortunate as it is. Meghan wants people in her life to respect her privacy, she wants to be able to trust, that they won't go to blab to the press about her and her life. Totally reasonable and understandable, and any respectful person, who loves Meghan would listen to her and follow through.

Samantha hates and loathes Meghan. She has made that very clear since Oct 2016, from her first tweets. Meghan hasn't had contact with her for over a decade for a very good reason. She wants to and will trash Meghan at least on her twitter account almost daily, and is getting more and more vicious.

Mr Markle respected Meghan's wishes for a year, but for some reason (his ego got hurt about some unfavourable pictures of him), he followed Samantha's advice, and the pap deal followed. I guess that attention and the money he got made him happy. So he contacted TMZ, instead of Meghan, and started spilling private info about Meghan. Now in his latest interviews, he's been parroting Samantha. He, along with Samantha, want to make profit out of Meghan, because total strangers can, why shouldn't they? He demands respect, and Meghan (well, Harry) to get over it. He doesn't care if Meghan is angry. He will keep on talking about her, embarrassing her, until she caves in. Expect today a new report from TMZ, how Meghan didn't call, how the palace didn't call, how rude that is, the lack of respect, and how if he dies, Meghan will have to carry the blame. Samantha already started.

So i don't see how this will be resolved. Mr Markle won't settle for a private meeting with Meghan. He wants to be treated like any head of a state, at least better than Doria.

Do the royalhouse have lawyers? Can't they make nothing against such tweets and comments, what Samantha and her father make?

Do the royalhouse have lawyers? Can't they make nothing against such tweets and comments, what Samantha and her father make?

They have lawyers, we've seen that with the Closer publication suit. But Samantha is a private citizen and she can say what she likes unfortunately. There is a case for slander, but it would be hard to accomplish as Samantha is based in the US.

As private citizens, they have the right to say whatever they want as long as it doesn't break laws or isn't slandering. I'm sure the lawyers are following everything they say or do very closely.

Just what is Samantha think she's going to do to Meghan to hold her "responsible"? :lol:

Have another Twitter rant? It's not like it hasn't been happening since the news of them dating hit.

I personally believe that Samantha needs professional mental help. This kind of hatred and malicious daily ranting against another family member is far more dangerous than sibling jealousy. It is almost frightening what she and Mr. Markel are doing for attention. There doesn't seem to be true love involved just self-gratification, the love of money and the need to pull down a family member that has more than they do or ever will. I believe Samantha is the push driving Mr. Markle and he has had his ego pricked and now wants the world and especially the Royal Family to dance to his tune for the rest of his life. This man feels that he should have the same standing in England and the BRF as the Middleton Family and Samantha wants to be another Pippa with Paparazzi reporting her every move and commenting on her clothes and events. The Middletons did not actively demand this attention and never gave interviews. Outside of the fact that their daughter and grandchildren are now "royals" their actual lives haven't changed all that much. The Markles want and demand a complete revamping, or else. Shame. If they had acted differently when H & M first started to date they just might have had a different ending. I believe that Meghan knew exactly what Samantha and Tom Jr. would try to do and told Harry ahead of time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom