Ruling Family of Kuwait: Al Sabah Dynasty 1: Ending Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

La la

Courtier
City
-
Country
Sweden
clear.gif
leadpix1_20042005.jpg

clear.gif
Kuwaiti Women Rights activist Rola Dashti, left, shares a light moment with Kuwait's Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al Sabah, right, at the entrance hall of the National Assembly building, Kuwait City after the Parliament session of Tuesday. Kuwait's lawmakers approved in this session a Municipal Council law allowing women to vote and run in the Council's elections. – AP

Kuwaiti women get voting rights
(Reuters)

20 April 2005

KUWAIT — Kuwait’s parliament approved a law yesterday allowing women to vote and run for the first time in municipal elections in the country, fuelling hopes for wider female suffrage.

“The National Assembly approves women’s participation in the Municipal Council elections,” state news agency Kuna reported.

Kuwaiti women are not allowed to vote or run in parliamentary polls but the government has introduced a bill to grant full female suffrage that has yet to be approved by the 50-man house.

Last month, Kuwaiti lawmakers passed a municipal elections law without a government-proposed article to let women participate, setting back hopes the house would approve broader female suffrage.

Yesterday, 26 MPs out of 49 in attendance backed the bill allowing women to take part in municipal elections. Twenty lawmakers were against while three abstained, Kuna said.

“The amended draft stated ... that women will have the right to run, vote and be appointed as Municipal Council members,” it said. Six council members would be appointed by the state.

Parliament also approved a postponement of municipal polls by no more than six months, but did not immediately say why.

Some hardline MPs have said they would back the right of women to vote but not to run in parliamentary polls. Other conservative or tribal lawmakers oppose the bill altogether.

w6w_w6w_20050426195705e47810d3.jpg

Dina Al Sabah a shiekha from kuwait ,but is too free

her grand father Amir of kuwait ,shiekh Jaber alsabah is very ill in very recent and banned photo
w6w_w6w_20050426200741a2889521.jpg

Is that really the Amir of Kuwait? I can't believe my eyes. :eek:

ammar sulaiman said:
Dina Al Sabah a shiekha from kuwait ,but is too free
I had no clue she had roots to the kuwaiti royal family. I've read an interview with her and she said she had a very mixed background.

yes , he is that Amir , most of arabian press use to show his old photos when he was young man ..now no arabian press dare to show his recents photos..Arabian kings!! cant be old ,they will remain young forever ,they are not like us ,Alas dear la la
same thing to king fahd also now they are showing his old photos ..i will show one of his recent photos which saudi forbid to publish it when the forums release my new subject about saudi royals

what is your problame ammar ?!
every one will be old so what ?!!!

La la said:
I had no clue she had roots to the kuwaiti royal family. I've read an interview with her and she said she had a very mixed background.

yes dear, her mother syrian -turkish but father belong to the royal ?family of kuwait !!!

houri said:
what is your problame ammar ?!
every one will be old so what ?!!!

thanks houri ,this is what i am saying ..i dont have any problem with that ,but dear i dont like cheating in any thing also in the age ..except ladies :mad:
tell me why home ministries of arab countries ordered arab press to ban the photos of thier old kings when they came to a very old age.

I saw the same picture that you post on kuwaiti TV I swear , and every one of us in arab world know what the age of our leaders so what ?! , I think you want to refers to political issues and this is not the right place .

any way thanks for the posting the pictures , I didn't see picture for the lady before ( if I can say that she a lady :D ) , can you tell me what is your source if you don't mind , I realy want to know more about her .

Here's the interview I read. She's quite educated.

Our Fitness Editor, Mike Furci, had the pleasure of interviewing Dina Al-Sabah about her career in fitness competitions. Check it out along with the beautiful photos of Dina.

Q: So let's start by finding out where your hometown is.
A: My hometown right now is Rockville, Maryland.

Q: Are you originally from there?
A: No, I moved to Rockville six months ago from Arlington, VA.

Q: When did you move to the United States?
A: I came to the States in 1994. Prior to that I was living in London.

Q: Do you have any brothers or sisters?
A: No, I do not have any full brothers or sisters.

Q: You have a very sexy exotic look. What nationality are you?
A: My ethnic background is very mixed. On my mother's side I have Turkish and Syrian, while on my father's side I have Kuwaiti, Turkish as well as East African -- we think it is either Somali or Ethiopian.

Q: Is your family a strong source of support?
A: I live in the States alone, so I am not in touch with my extended family; however, the people I am in touch with are very supportive. My mother encourages and supports me in every way, though she does not like the fact I have to diet so rigidly for a show. For some reason, she is always trying to get me to eat.

Q: I've read that you are as intelligent as you are beautiful. Tell us about your educational background.
A: I have three degrees from the George Washington University. My background is rooted in engineering; I have a BS in Electrical Engineering, an MS in Telecommunications and Computers as well as an MBA. I am always told I do not look like your typical engineer, but I am very happy to be one, and I am even happier to be one of few female electrical engineers.

Q: I noticed on the Bio section of your Website you stay very close to your contest weight, only fluctuating four pounds. What is your diet like?
A: My diet really depends on what I look like, and how close to a show I am. I always try to eat every three hours, and I make sure to watch my carbohydrate intake while taking in enough protein. Though my weight does not vary by much, I look softer in the off-season as I am not doing as much cardio. My current off-season diet has some fat free cheese, fruit, egg whites, chicken and protein bars/shakes. I am also allowed fat free salad dressing. When I start getting ready for a show, I do not have any dressing or protein bars, the diet gets pretty strict. Mike Davies changes my diet every four weeks so that I do not get bored or too used to it.

Q: When did you start to use Mike Davies as your trainer?
A: I started training with Mike in February of 2002, and it has been the best decision ever.

houri said:
I saw the same picture that you post on kuwaiti TV I swear , and every one of us in arab world know what the age of our leaders so what ?! , I think you want to refers to political issues and this is not the right place .

any way thanks for the posting the pictures , I didn't see picture for the lady before ( if I can say that she a lady :D ) , can you tell me what is your source if you don't mind , I realy want to know more about her .

fine ,but i think every issue can be disccused here about the releations between the royals and thier people ..
regarding the source its came in a very documented site about( House of Saud's corruption ) but there is some page about kuwait..its in arabic
and this is the site

http://fasadalsaud.tripod.com/

kuwaiti subject :

http://fasadalsaud.tripod.com/id15.html

this photo never shown in a arabian press..tv.. ..at all ! (how did you see it houri ) ;) even for your information the photographer is not a kuwaiti or belong to the press or the amir but was with his visitors (palestinians)
recently one jouranalest from yemen jailed secretly becuse he disclosed some news about king fahd when he visited by the yemeni ruler Ali abdullah saleh that jouranalist was in the meeting with his ruler ,and he came to know that king fahd forgott his guest name and old friend and he use to call Yemeni president as abdulaziz butiflaiqah the algerian president!!I swaer this the truth Houre .

La la said:
Here's the interview I read. She's quite educated.

Our Fitness Editor, Mike Furci, had the pleasure of interviewing Dina Al-Sabah about her career in fitness competitions. Check it out along with the beautiful photos of Dina.

Q: So let's start by finding out where your hometown is.
A: My hometown right now is Rockville, Maryland.

Q: Are you originally from there?
A: No, I moved to Rockville six months ago from Arlington, VA.

Q: When did you move to the United States?
A: I came to the States in 1994. Prior to that I was living in London.

Q: Do you have any brothers or sisters?
A: No, I do not have any full brothers or sisters.

Q: You have a very sexy exotic look. What nationality are you?
A: My ethnic background is very mixed. On my mother's side I have Turkish and Syrian, while on my father's side I have Kuwaiti, Turkish as well as East African -- we think it is either Somali or Ethiopian.

Q: Is your family a strong source of support?
A: I live in the States alone, so I am not in touch with my extended family; however, the people I am in touch with are very supportive. My mother encourages and supports me in every way, though she does not like the fact I have to diet so rigidly for a show. For some reason, she is always trying to get me to eat.

Q: I've read that you are as intelligent as you are beautiful. Tell us about your educational background.
A: I have three degrees from the George Washington University. My background is rooted in engineering; I have a BS in Electrical Engineering, an MS in Telecommunications and Computers as well as an MBA. I am always told I do not look like your typical engineer, but I am very happy to be one, and I am even happier to be one of few female electrical engineers.

Q: I noticed on the Bio section of your Website you stay very close to your contest weight, only fluctuating four pounds. What is your diet like?
A: My diet really depends on what I look like, and how close to a show I am. I always try to eat every three hours, and I make sure to watch my carbohydrate intake while taking in enough protein. Though my weight does not vary by much, I look softer in the off-season as I am not doing as much cardio. My current off-season diet has some fat free cheese, fruit, egg whites, chicken and protein bars/shakes. I am also allowed fat free salad dressing. When I start getting ready for a show, I do not have any dressing or protein bars, the diet gets pretty strict. Mike Davies changes my diet every four weeks so that I do not get bored or too used to it.

Q: When did you start to use Mike Davies as your trainer?
A: I started training with Mike in February of 2002, and it has been the best decision ever.

thanks,more thing she is in a very big trouble with her royal family ,and asked even not use her family name (al-sabah) but she is still use it ,but cant talk about them and about her releation with them to the media.

ammar sulaiman said:
this photo never shown in a arabian press..tv.. ..at all ! (how did you see it houri ) ;) even for your information the photographer is not a kuwaiti or belong to the press or the amir but was with his visitors (palestinians) .

I swear of Allah I saw the picture of the Amir that you post on kuwiti TV and if you don't believe it is your choice and it is ok with me ;) ,
and those men how are with him is not palestinians as I know they from kuwiti press .
and the link that you post it is another arabic joke :D

Last edited:
houri said:
I swear of Allah I saw the picture of the Amir that you post on kuwiti TV and if you don't believe it is your choice and it is ok with me ;) ,
and those men how are with him is not palestinians as I know they from kuwiti press .
and the link that you post it is another arabic joke :D

Dont swear by allah Houri ! because i know what i am writing ,even which is between lines..enough is enough..
The people in the photo are amir of kuwait and his adviser (the one who wear red head cover and black wheel:D is a kuwaiti..but the guests are palestinians(kuwaitis dont have faces like this :rolleyes: and it was during the visit of Mehmood abbas head of palsetinian authority to kuwait on 12/12/2004.he apologised for kuwait (i dont know for what) and no money given to him ,and photo published!

fine ,kuwaiti press is good, the govenment is good ,also you are very good and you are saying the truth, but i want to chalnge you to show me a recent photo (since one year at least )for the crown prince of kuwait and the prime minister Saad al sabah published in kuwaiti press!!

regarding the site its not arabic joke as you said ,there is tears and wounds only ,how it can be a joke ? are you princess dear?! why arab governments blocked the link) why?
one thing more ,you or your press can dare to do some thing simple just to tell the people how shiekh Sabah ruled (the first one as in the royal constituation of kuwait) kuwait ??what he did for the real ruler his own brother Mohammed and another brother Jarrah??do you can

Last edited:
ammar sulaiman said:
Dont swear by allah Houri ! because i know what i am writing ,even which is between lines..enough is enough..
The people in the photo are amir of kuwait and his adviser (the one who wear red head cover and black wheel:D is a kuwaiti..but the guests are palestinians(kuwaitis dont have faces like this :rolleyes: and it was during the visit of Mehmood abbas head of palsetinian authority to kuwait on 12/12/2004.he apologised for kuwait (i dont know for what) and no money given to him ,and photo published!

fine ,kuwaiti press is good, the govenment is good ,also you are very good and you are saying the truth, but i want to chalnge you to show me a recent photo (since one year at least )for the crown prince of kuwait and the prime minister Saad al sabah published in kuwaiti press!!

regarding the site its not arabic joke as you said ,there is tears and wounds only ,how it can be a joke ? are you princess dear?! why arab governments blocked the link) why?
one thing more ,you or your press can dare to do some thing simple just to tell the people how shiekh Sabah ruled (the first one as in the royal constituation of kuwait) kuwait ??what he did for the real ruler his own brother Mohammed and another brother Jarrah??do you can

I believes my eyes I saw him in the same look on TV not just for one time but for a lot of times if you don't believe it is ok with me I am sure what I am saying and by the way every one know that the amir dont' go out any more and I dont' think he is rule because he is ill and this is not secret at all every one know about it he even didn't attended his sister funeral before 2 days
ammar your agenda very obvious and as you said enough is enough , and by the way your site is a jok it is just my opinion maybe I am wrong and maybe I am right who is know ?!! it seemes you know things I don't know and maybe I know things you don't know just Allah know the truth and I know that there is no free press in arab world .

bye ammar and good luck my brother (peace ) :)
الأختلاف في وجهات النظر لايفسد للود قضية

Last edited:
Is everyone born al Sabah considered Sheikh or Sheikha?

La la said:
Is everyone born al Sabah considered Sheikh or Sheikha?

male is sheikh
female is shiekha
first ruler of kuwait is shiekh Mohammed but never mentioned in kuwaiti constitiuation
he was good and repected by people of kuwait ,another brother called sheikh Jarrah he was like crown prince ..but they killed by thier own brother Sabah while they are sleeping in one of the most bloody nights in history of kuwait..Sabah after killing his own brothers he tried to kill the children of his brothers whom he killed but they could run away to al basarah in iraq and they were protected by Britishs whom warned him not to hurt the children ,this criminal became first ruler of kuwait as in the kuwaiti constituation..and alsabah's name belong to him .

Last edited:
I meant to ask whether everyone born into the al Sabah dynasty, everyone who carries that surname, is considered Sheikh/a? Whether the extended members of the family and their children are automatically considered Sheikh/a. I am guessing that they are but I just want to make sure. Do they also get a montly stipend (like in KSA)? Also Ammar, are you originally from Kuwait?

Last edited:
houri said:
I believes my eyes I saw him in the same look on TV not just for one time but for a lot of times if you don't believe it is ok with me I am sure what I am saying and by the way every one know that the amir dont' go out any more and I dont' think he is rule because he is ill and this is not secret at all every one know about it he even didn't attended his sister funeral before 2 days
ammar your agenda very obvious and as you said enough is enough , and by the way your site is a jok it is just my opinion maybe I am wrong and maybe I am right who is know ?!! it seemes you know things I don't know and maybe I know things you don't know just Allah know the truth and I know that there is no free press in arab world .

bye ammar and good luck my brother (peace ) :)
الأختلاف في وجهات النظر لايفسد للود قضية

the site is not a joke again,its tears and wounds ,is the tears and wounds of people is a joke for you ,its a joke for the rulers of kuwait and saudi and others..is it for you too??
many reads our discussions and others will read ,show them where is the joke ?/
see this old boor saudi how he begs a prince for help ,look how the prince look!! i am sure its like a joke for him ..and may be for you
w6w_w6w_20050427214157bbf1cfa2.jpg

I chalanged you about the crown prince too(saad alsabah)??

regarding how Sabah started ruling kuwait ,some, it is in my above reply ,thanks for you! how is this history ,tell me please ! or its a joke??
i have no any a genda here ,i became member in this forum and i can express my views ,but to tell the truth,and i did and i will do ,thanks God we are in a western forum where any one can exress what he want without terorising him as you do and your arabian govenments do .Please dont expose our arabian style! at least here.dont expose us any more in front of the west.
let us be civilised at least when will be with them .

Last edited:
La la said:
I meant to ask whether everyone born into the al Sabah dynasty, everyone who carries that surname, is considered Sheikh/a? Whether the extended members of the family and their children are automatically considered Sheikh/a. I am guessing that they are but I just want to make sure. Do they also get a montly stipend (like in KSA)? Also Ammar, are you originally from Kuwait?

yes ,sheikh/a used for all members of the family of the first sabah (that criminal)
and sheikh/a used not only in kuwait but in Qatar,Uae ,just recently Bahrain became kingdom:mad: so thier royal family became Prince and Princess..Mariam al khalifah when she married the marine she was shiekha and when she divorced him became princess:) .
the kuwaity get a monthly stipend and more than saudis also ..even some of the people get some thing too ,and some ignoored completly eeven they are living without passports,they called them (bedon) means (without ) without every thing !!!
I am not from kuwait ,if i am from kuwait i cant dare to say like this .they will cut my tongue and my hand:confused:

Last edited:
hi ammar

who is not civilise here I think we all civilise , you say what you want and I will say what I want , it is free forum as you know , I respect your right to say what you want I just say what I think and know and I hope you will respect my right to do so , so what is the problem :confused:

just relax and enjoy in the forum and write what you think about and I will be happy to read what you post but also accept that some people will arguing your thoughts and maybe will not agree with you on any thing , it is the life , and maybe some thing it is joke in my eyes and it is not joke in your eyes and this is also ok it is called different viewpoints , I love the kuwiti royle and you hate tham and it is ok I don't realy see any problem , in the end I depend on my own experiences to adjudgment on some issues and my experiences lead me to love the royal family of kuwait but in the same time maybe you have bad experiences lead you to hate them with al soud house .

take care :) .

houri said:
hi ammar

who is not civilise here I think we all civilise , you say what you want and I will say what I want , it is free forum as you know , I respect your right to say what you want I just say what I think and know and I hope you will respect my right to do so , so what is the problem :confused:

just relax and enjoy in the forum and write what you think about and I will be happy to read what you post but also accept that some people will arguing your thoughts and maybe will not agree with you on any thing , it is the life , and maybe some thing it is joke in my eyes and it is not joke in your eyes and this is also ok it is called different viewpoints , I love the kuwiti royle and you hate tham and it is ok I don't realy see any problem , in the end I depend on my own experiences to adjudgment on some issues and my experiences lead me to love the royal family of kuwait but in the same time maybe you have bad experiences lead you to hate them with al soud house .

take care :) .

not only i have bad experience about them but the most ,exept some handful of some whom get some use of them !they just look for themselfs only and dont care about others.
do you agree with the first ruler Sabah in killing his own brothers to rule kuwait???????????????? I need answer now!

Last edited:
ammar sulaiman said:
yes ,sheikh/a used for all members of the family of the first sabah (that criminal)
and sheikh/a used not only in kuwait but in Qatar,Uae ,just recently Bahrain became kingdom:mad: so thier royal family became Prince and Princess..Mariam al khalifah when she married the marine she was shiekha and when she divorced him became princess:) .
the kuwaity get a monthly stipend and more than saudis also ..even some of the people get some thing too ,and some ignoored completly eeven they are living without passports,they called them (bedon) means (without ) without every thing !!!
I am not from kuwait ,if i am from kuwait i cant dare to say like this .they will cut my tongue and my hand:confused:
Thanks for the answers. :)

ammar sulaiman said:
do you agree with the first ruler Sabah in killing his own brothers to rule kuwait???????????????? I need answer now!

are you was there when that happen ( if it happen in first place ) ?! because I am not sure what you are talking about or maybe I didn't even born yet !

and it is ovies that you don't need answer for any question from any one especially me who is live in kuwait , because I think that you think you have all the answers :) and maybe this is true and maybe it is not true who know :confused:

Last edited:
ooh dear houri you put me in a strange situation ;i dont know whether to laugh or cry!!
if we were not there when this crime happened ..shall we justifie it? there is no law on earth will agree with you and mainly islamic sheriaah againest your thinking in this point completely . i dont what these rulers did for your minds..frankly i am sad.

another thing ,you shocked me when you said" if it happen in first place "
means you are not sure if its happend or not ! how come you dont know about the most bloodest crime in history of arab royality which happend in the kuwaiti royal ?! family.
are you belong to the kuwaiti royals houri?

Last edited:
sheik Jaber the grandson of Amir graduates from The American school in Kuwait

congratulations to sheik Jaber :)

pictures from the event ( sorry for the poor quality of the pictures it is from newspaper ) :eek:

with his parents

j1.bmp

with his aunt

j2.bmp

and with his mother and brother

j3.bmp

:)

Thanks for posting these pictures, Houri. Is it his mother or father, who is the daughter/son of the Emir?

La la said:
Thanks for posting these pictures, Houri. Is it his mother or father, who is the daughter/son of the Emir?

your welcome Lala
his father is the son of Amir ( sheik Fahad )

So the Sheikhas appear on television and their pictures are published in Kuwait? It's nice to see. Is there a First Lady in Kuwait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom