Royal Fears and Phobias

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heathercob

City
Marske by the Sea
Country
United Kingdom
Read this extract from an article in the Daily Express, about King Charles being bullied at Gordonstoun:

'The 13-year-old was once grabbed as he came out the showers before being tied up, bundled into a wicker laundry basket hung from the wall and blasted with freezing water. He was left there - naked and shivering - for half an hour until a staff member heard his distressed cries, the book claims.'

I also read this in an article about a visit to a block of flats in Islington back in 2013 from Female First:

Britain's Prince Charles is scared of lifts.

The 65-year-old royal has confessed he suffers from a phobia of elevators and always tries to take the stairs whenever possible since he doesn't like being confined in small spaces.

When he met teacher Shehnaz O'Mallie at her block of flats in Islington, north London, yesterday (14.02.13) he asked he whether the lifts in the building worked.

She said: "We always take the stairs", to which he bashfully replied: "So do I. I'm always terrified of lifts."

Wonder whether the two articles could be connected in any way ????

Poor boy.

Plenty of people dislike elevators or are claustrophobic to one degree or another without having been assaulted, though.

I'm not sure but that is a funny coincidence because Queen Camilla is also terrified of elevators! Once when she was a young adult she got stuck in one for 7 hours, and ever since then she's taken the stairs (understandably). I had no idea Charles shared that fear

Where did you read that ����?
Wonder whether any other royal family members are scared of anything ����?

Not a Windsor, but according to writer Roger Lundgren, King Carl Gustav of Sweden is afraid of heights.

I don't know about other royals, but Camilla's also afraid of needles and flying on planes.

I think she also once said she was scared of heights but I might be wrong on that one.

I can definitely understand the needle phobia!

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa notably has fear of flying.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa notably has fear of flying.

And Crown Princess Mette-Marit too.

Queen Silvia is afraid of lizards.

Queen Sonja is afraid of thunderstorms and lightnings.

Back
Top Bottom