Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new here.. is there a current royal family in Romania... are there any eligle bachelors? (not for me just curious)

Im new here.. is there a current royal family in Romania... are there any eligle bachelors? (not for me just curious)

Yes, there is an eligible bachelor, Prince Nicholas; he is the son of Princess Elena and her first husband, the late Dr. Robin Medforth-Mills.
Here is an entry from our blog on him.

The question should be: "Do the royals speak Romanian?"
King Michael spoke almost only in English with his mother throughout his life, Queen Anne speaks very well English(she understands Romanian but doesn't really speak it), Princess Margareta attended the University of Edinburgh(her English is far better than her Romanian), Prince Nicholas speaks only English(I mean, he doesn't speak Romanian, maybe other foreign language he does speak).
Alongside King Michael, Prince Radu is the only native Romanian speaker.
Of course Prince Radu speaks English as well!

All the current members of the Romanian royal family were taught excellent Romanian.

:previous:
Why not have a look through this thread? Many of your questions will be answered.

I am Romanian and I only heard The King And Princess Margareta speaking romanian. Princess Margareta has same difficulty to speak romanian, but it is OK.
Prince Radu speaks perfectly the language (obiviously). He was born and grow up in Romania.
I never heard other member of Romanian Royal Family speaking romanian.
Even Prince Nicholas doesn't speak romanian.

Elisabeta-Karina, her cousins Angelica , Michael and Bianca Elisabeta have dynastic rights but are not members of the Royal Family and they don't have any title.Angelica's daughter is not clear if she is also a dynast.

Photos with Princess Irina , her daughter Angelica and her son in law:

Royal Musings: QVD updates

Last edited by a moderator:
to be or not to be

I am not qualified to rule on royal titles; Geramany and Austria outlawed them in 1919. There is no legality to so called house rules, they are precisely that: personal family regulations. To name a legitimate family by its grandmother's maiden name out of spite is downright low class and bad mannered.

I am mindful of viewing a BBC interview with Miss Zara Phillips by a typically supercillious journalist, who enquired of the young lady that while she was the Queen's eldest grandaughter she was not a member of the royal family and what did she think of that. Naturally Miss Phillips was taken aback, but to give her credit she smiled and gave the interviewer a withering look which her mother, the Princess Royal would have been proud of. :)

Is the current head of the royal house the descendant of Queen Marie?

:previous:
Yes, King Michael is the grandson of Queen Marie, son of her son Carol.

King Mihai I, Prince Nicolae and Princess Margareta at Dealu Monastery:

Familia regală a vizitat Mănăstirea Dealu din Târgovişte
http://www.princeradublog.ro/jurnal/la-manastirea-dealu-%C8%99i-la-targovi%C8%99te/

Prince Nicolae is expected to take a very important role. The Romanians will never accept a Queen as Head of State. Everybody will want him to be King but that lack of knowledge of the Romanian language could bring him a very big unpopularity.

Concert of the Royal Camerata in honour of HRH Prince Nicolae:

Concertul Cameratei Regale, 15 iunie 2010 « Romania. Altfel

Strangely the Royal Family didn't give a statement about the second marriage of Princess Irina or about Angelica's wedding.They didn't even say if Angelica's daughter will be in the line of Throne.

Romanian Royals and religion (Catholics,Protestants and Orthodox)

The romanian Royal Family was and remained very ecumenical despite the constitutional statement of 1866 and 1923.
The first two Kings (King Carol I and King Ferdinand I) were catholics, the first Queen( Queen Alisabeta) was lutheran but their children were orthodox.

Nowadays Queen Ana is catholic and King Mihai and the Princesses are orthodox.

Only Princess Margareta married an orthodox, all her sisters married anglicans/protestants (Princess Elena's both husbands, Princess Irina's both husbands) or catholics (Princess Sofia and Princess Maria, both divorced).

A possible 'model' of ecumenical harmony for the rest of Europe's dynasts to follow in this current millennia.

Unfortunately even today it is asked to the dynasts to be orthodox taking iunto account that the majority of the romanians are orthodox.I believe a person should be free to choose his/her religion.

Photos from a special evening at Elisabeta Palace dedicated to the European Observer of Plurilinguism (OEP):

Reuniune interna

Last edited:
Official Easter postcard of the Royal Family:

Pa

The members of the Royal Family were invited today by different Romanian Televisions being asked especially about the participation of the Romanian Royals at Prince William's wedding:

Principesa Margareta:"Sotul meu a fost un soc in viata mea, nu eram pregatita" - FOTO&VIDEO

Televiziunea Român

King Mihai I, Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Radu will arrive in the UK on the 27th of April.

In the evening of the 27th of April there will be an official dinner (7 pm) in the honour of King Mihai I organised by Sir Gavyn Arthur, al 675-lea Lord Mayor of London(2002 - 2003), with the participation of cu "Guild Of Freemen of the City of London".

On the 28th of April the Romanian Royals will attent a lunch organised by the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester at Kensington Palace.In the same day at 3.30 pm the Romanian King will sign in the "Freedom Book" of London .At 7 pm the Romanian Royal Family will be at the Romanian Cultural Institute. At 8 pm King Mihai I, Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Radu will attend the official dinner organised by Lady Elizabeth Shakerley at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park.

On the 29th of April King Mihai I and Crown Princess Margareta will attend the wedding at Westminster Abbeythe religious marriage of Prince Wiiliam and Catherine Middleton. After the weddind they will both attend the meal organised by Queen Elisabeth II at Buckhingham Palace.

Familia Regala - Activitati curente

The Romanian Royal Family will have little gifts for Prince William and the future Princess Catherine.The national Romanian television (TVR) announces that:

Televiziunea Român

The main Romanian televisions (Realitatea TV, Antena3, TVR) speak very much today about the English royal wedding and the participation of King Mihai I and Crown Princess Margareta at the official moments of the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom