Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pity. Every lady in charge of a tiara wears it at this event. The CPss left hers at home, tough...

What a pity. Every lady in charge of a tiara wears it at this event. The CPss left hers at home, tough...

It's in that bag that you always forget to pack and leave on your bed when you're going somewhere ;)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu made an official visit to London on 8th-10th December. Prince Nicolae took part at the visit too.
On Tuesday 9th December the crown princess and prince Radu were received at Buckingham Palace by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who had invited them to tea at 5 o'clock.
On Monday 8th December the Crown Princess, Prince Radu and prince Nicolae took part as guests of honor at the annual banquet of the City of London at Guildhall.
During their official visit to London, the Royal Family had meetings with representatives of the economic, diplomatic and civil society personalities.
Regina Elisabeta a II-a a primit la Palatul Buckingham pe Principesa Moștenitoare și Principele Radu Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Beautiful! And Pr. Nicolae looks dapper and dashing as always!

I did see another lady wearing a tiara and thought why isn't the Crown Princess wearing one,however she still looked very regal.

I did see another lady wearing a tiara and thought why isn't the Crown Princess wearing one,however she still looked very regal.

She always does look every inch a Crown Princess, in my opinion, exuding kindness, charm, strength, energy and elegance.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link to these enchanting photos LadyFinn - it is lovely to see such details of the family's Christmas celebrations!

Without the Royal couple there is a less interest of the people in the Christmas events at Savarsin.

On 18th January comes 25 years from the day when members of the royal family arrived to Romania after 42 years of exile. Crown princess Margarita and princess Sofia arrived with a place from Geneva to Bucharest.
His Majesty's House organizes, on the occasion on 18th January a gala concert at the Romanian Athenaeum, followed by an official dinner at the CEC Palace. Both events will be held in the presence of 120 foreign personalities who supported the Royal Family in 1990. Also 600 personalities from Romania will be invited, representing all areas of Romanian life and with whom the royal family has worked in these 25 years.
25 de ani de la întoarcerea primului membru al Familiei Regale în țară Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Is is so nice to see Princess Sofia will finally return in the country.

Is is so nice to see Princess Sofia will finally return in the country.

We will see if the whole family attends on 18th January. The article just tells that princess Sofia and crown princess Margarita were the first members of the royal family to return to Romania after the exile.

Without the Royal couple there is a less interest of the people in the Christmas events at Savarsin.

I would bet that once Prince Nicholas marries, and especially if he marries well, and then has children interest in the family will skyrocket.

And by well I don't just mean a titled woman but also a young woman who exudes confidence, is comfortable being in the public eye and knows that her place as a consort is to support the prince in all his activities.

The young Nicholas de Roumanie will surely become much more popular than his aunt and her husband very soon.

The royal family website has a photo of crown princess Margarita and princes Sofia arriving to Romania on 18th January 1990. Sofia returns to Romania this week to attend at the anniversary celebrations.
Crown princess Margarita, prince Radu, prince Nicolae, princess Maria and princess Sofia attend at a gala concert at the Romanian Athenaeum on 18th January. The special guest is prince Lorenz of Belgium.
At the event will attend 750 guests from Romania and the UK, USA, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Netherlands, Spain, people that have stood since the first hour by the Royal Family. The full program of this important anniversary for the Romanian society and the Royal Family will be released next Wednesday.
După douăzeci și cinci de ani Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Lots of events on 17th and 18th January celebrating the 25th anniversary since the first members of the Royal Family returned to Romania.
17th January
The Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation organizes Open Day, celebrating 25 years of activity. Crown Princess, princess Sofia and princess Maria attend at 18.00 to an event with the beneficiaries and volunteers of the Foundation.
The same day at the Elisabeta Palace at 19.00, an evening dedicated to the 25 years of Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation. Crown Princess will attend with Prince Radu, Princess Sofia and Princess Maria. The event will be attended by collaborators and supporters of the Foundation and it's projects.

18th January
Crown Princess Margarita will decorate on behalf his majesty the King a number of personalities from Romania, USA, UK, France and Switzerland. The award ceremony will take place in the Hall of Kings of the Elisabeta Palace at 10.00. Prince Radu, princess Sofia and princess Maria attend too.
Crown Princess Margarita will visit at 11.00, along with personalities from abroad, the Romanian Television Studio 4. Princess Sofia and princess Maria attend too.
Crown Princess Margarita, Prince Radu, prince Nicolae, princess Sofia and princess Maria will take part in the evening at 18.00 at a gala concert at the Romanian Athenaeum. The special guest is Prince Lorenz of Belgium.
The evening will conclude with an official dinner at the CEC Palace at 20.00, in the presence of Crown Princess Margarita, prince Radu, prince Nicolae, princess Sofia, princess Maria and prince Lorenz of Belgium.
Principesa Moștenitoare Margareta, un sfert de secol de la întoarcerea în țară Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

On 18th January at 21.00, the National Television presents the film "În numele tatălui" "In the Name of the Father" by Bogdan Serban-Iancu celebrating twenty-five years after Crown Princess Margarita and princess Sofia arrived to the country.
“În numele tatălui” Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
Everywhere it is underlined this is the anniversary of the visit visit to Romania of Princess Margareta but in fact it was the same first visit for Princess Sofia too.

Everywhere it is underlined this is the anniversary of the visit visit to Romania of Princess Margareta but in fact it was the same first visit for Princess Sofia too.

This anniversary is worth noting, indeed, for both princesses. However, perhaps the emphasis is on the return of Crown Princess Margarita because she was the first of her family to dedicate herself to her country by working to better the lives of the most vulnerable members of the Romanian population--the youth and the elderly. For that effort, HRH should be commended greatly.

That said, it is very encouraging that Princess Sofia is in Bucharest for these celebrations as she played an integral role in the establishment of the PMRF in the early days.

Princess Margarita believes that the 25th anniversary of her return to her homeland and the activity of the Foundation that bears her name is a great accomplishment for Romania. The Crown princess said this on Saturday for Agerpress at the event that opened the celebrations organized by the Royal House to honor a quarter of a century since Her Highness touched down again on Romanian soil.
At the Elisabeta Palace at 19:00 was an evening dedicated to the 25 years of activity of the Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation, with Princess Margarita, Prince Radu, Princess Sofia and Princess Maria, contributors and supporters of the Foundation and of its projects.
"Together with my father, King Mihai I, I set up the Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation 25 years ago, when I set foot in the country for the first time. Since then, the Foundation has helped tens of thousands of children, youth and senior citizens through integrated and sustainable nationwide programs which have strengthened local communities and restored dignity and hope to Romanians", said crown princess Margarita.
Princess Margareta, 25 years after return to homeland A great sense of accomplishment for Romania – AGERPRES

On Sunday morning Crown princess Margarita delivered decorations on behalf his majesty the King a number of personalities from Romania, USA, UK, France and Switzerland at the Elisabeta Palace. Prince Radu, princess Sofia and princess Maria attended too.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020011U14215768681839526
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020021U14215768681839526
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020031U14215768681839526
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020041U14215768681839526
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020051U14215768681839526

Last edited:
At The Athenaeum the prime minister sits between Princess Margareta and Princess Sofia and the prime minister's wife between Princess Margareta's husband and Archduke Lorenz of Habsburg-Este. Rather interesting!

Which begian Prince attend ? Prince Lorenz or Prince Laurent.
I saw the belgian Marquis de Trazegnies.

Archduke Lorenz of Habsburg-Este!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom