Regent initials: MMFCALMRGGFdAEdBOSeS-C-G?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eiriksnilsen

City
Moss
Country
Norway
Greetings,

I am wondering which regent has had or currently has the initials MMFCALMRGGFdAEdBOSeS-C-G?

I am guessing the S-C-G at the end may indicate Saxe-Coburg and Gotha... ?

/E

Greetings,

I am wondering which regent has had or currently has the initials MMFCALMRGGFdAEdBOSeS-C-G?

I am guessing the S-C-G at the end may indicate Saxe-Coburg and Gotha... ?

/E

Could you explain the context of your question? Where did you encounter these initials?

Could you explain the context of your question? Where did you encounter these initials?

I don't have much context, tbh. It is a question from a quiz, where the relatively simple initials (H. R. H and H. M. ) of the Norwegian queen and king are examples. But this, apparently, is the exact opposite of simple.

I'd say King Manoel II of Portugal:
Manuel Maria Filipe Carlos Amélio Luís Miguel Rafael Gabriel Gonzaga Francisco de Assis Eugénio de Bragança e Saxe-Coburgo-Gotha.
It fits with all but two letters (OS), but I believe they could perhaps refer to the surname of Manoel II's mother, who was an Orléans Princess.

I'd say King Manoel II of Portugal:
Manuel Maria Filipe Carlos Amélio Luís Miguel Rafael Gabriel Gonzaga Francisco de Assis Eugénio de Bragança e Saxe-Coburgo-Gotha.
It fits with all but two letters (OS), but I believe they could perhaps refer to the surname of Manoel II's mother, who was an Orléans Princess.

The surname of Manoel's brother Prince Luiz Filippe, as recorded in Parliamentary proclamation, was de Bragança Orleans Saboya e Saxe Coburgo Gotha.

Orleans was indeed the surname they inherited from their mother, whereas Saboya was the surname inherited from their paternal grandmother Queen Maria Pia.

I would assume Manoel bore the same surnames as his brother.

Thank you for the precisation, I didn't think about the surname of his grandmother. Now everything fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom