Queen Rania’s best evening gown from 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Rania's best evening gown from 2006

• [url=http://www.supload.us/free/1_April_242006spain3.jpg/view]April 24, 2006[/url]

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • [url=http://www.supload.us/free/2_May_806_NYUS.jpg/view]May 8, 2006[/url]

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • [url=http://www.supload.us/free/3_May_906,_Washington.jpg/view]May 9, 2006[/url]

• [url=http://www.supload.us/free/4_May_2506.jpg/view]May 25, 2006[/url]

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • [url=http://www.supload.us/free/5_May_31,_London_b.jpg/view]May 31, 2006[/url]

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • [url=http://www.supload.us/free/6_June_11b.jpg/view]June 11, 2006[/url]

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • [url=http://www.supload.us/free/7_June_21.jpg/view]June 21, 2006[/url]

• [url=http://www.supload.us/free/8_September10.jpg/view]September 10, 2006[/url]

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • [url=http://www.supload.us/free/9_October_30.jpg/view]October 30, 2006[/url]

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • [url=http://www.supload.us/free/10_October_31Dutch.jpg/view]October 31, 2006[/url]

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • [url=http://i5.tinypic.com/2dik6zk.jpg]November 18, 2006[/url]

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
A look at the formal gowns Queen Rania wore during various evening engagements during 2006:
  1. April 24, 2006 – State visit from Spain; gala dinner, Basman Palace
    [*]May 8, 2006 – TIME 100 Most Influential People Issue, reception, New York
    [*]May 9, 2006 – Mosaic Foundation annual benefit gala, Washington
    [*]May 25, 2006– Jordanian Independence Day, PM’s reception
    [*]May 31, 2006 – Launch of the Jordan River Foundation in the UK, London
    [*]June 11, 2006 – Global Women’s Action Network for Children conference, dinner hosted by Queen Rania at the Dead Sea, Jordan
    [*]June 21, 2006 – 2nd Conference of Nobel Laureates, gala at Petra
    [*]September 10, 2006 – State visit from Malaysia; gala dinner (first worn in 2004)
    [*]October 30, 2006 – State visit to the Netherlands; gala dinner
    [*]October 31, 2006 – State visit to the Netherlands; reception at the Kurhaus (this is the blue version of dress worn on May 9 in Washington)
    [*]November 18, 2006 – State visit from Singapore; gala dinner
Please vote for your favourite and tell us what you love about the outfit, is it the colour, style, the way it’s put together (accessories etc.). You might even want to list your top choices.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Below are some of the other evening dresses Queen Rania wore in 2006:
  • November 23, 2006 – Working visit to Kuwait; launch of INJAZ Kuwait
  • December 1, 2006 – State visit to India; state banquet, New Delhi
  • December 21, 2006 – Dinner at the Imperial Palace, Tokyo & January 17, 2007 – Alumni gala dinner for the American University in Cairo, Amman

The navy blue gown with mermaid tail, by far, is the best dress worn by Queen Rania to the State visit to Spain in 2006.

The color, use of fabric, and cut works on her body type. I believe there is no other royal who could pull of that evening gown so effortlessly than Queen Rania.

Love it:flowers:

wow, I forgot she wore so many fantastic gowns last year. I voted for April 24th, but May 9th would have been my second pick.

My choices:
1.May 9th
2. Oct 31
3. June 11

It was tough call between May 9th and Oct. 31st as it's the same dress just different colors.
I voted for May 9th as I liked the deeper color and hair was better. June 11th came in third.

I voted for Apr 24th! I love the blue dress. It is an understated elegance. I also liked the green (May 9th) dress but the sleeves seems a little casual to me.

The Oct 30th dress was the worst to me. The hair, tiara, and a scrunchy dress did not look good IMO.

Great idea for a thread. I love the dresses and fashion sense of Q. Rania.

I voted for April 24 (Gala dinner at Basman Palace, State visit from Spain).
The dress is gorgeous and suits Queen Rania enormously.

I couldn't decide between April 24 (state visit from Spain), October 31 (Reception at the Kurhaus - state visit to the Netherlands) and May 9 (Mosaic Foundation annual benefit gala, Washington).

Though she look perfect in all 3 cases, I liked different aspects in all cases: dress - April 24, hair - October 31, colour of the dress - May 9.

First 3 is the following for me:
1. April 24 (State visit from Spain).
2. October 31 (Reception at the Kurhaus, state visit to the Netherlands).
3. May 9 (visit to Washington).

Last edited:
Definitely Dress 1 !:flowers:
This dress looks just gorgeous! Ranja's style is really amazing.
I love nearly all of her dresses, but No 1 is really special!

I vote for 1 very elegant loved the color.
I also liked five also elegant she looks really good in all her dresses.

The gown worn during the Spanish State Visit is my favourite without a shadow of a doubt. It's such a stunning dress and she looked perfect in every respect.

It has to be one of my all-time favourite outfits that she has worn and is definitely in my Top Ten for Royals.

I vote for <4. May 25, 2006– Jordanian Independence Day, PM’s reception>

The style of this gown is traditional Jordanian style.

The gown worn for the Spanish state visit was the most appropriate she has worn, though the back imo should’ve not been so open.The cut, color and flower details were beautiful.What made it also great was the hair and make-up, it all added up.
I also think that the dresses worn in the year of 2006 were very disappointing; she has obtained for breath taking gowns in the past. I found these kind of boring, this does not include the Jordanian dresses

Although I think she is stunning, I just realized I don't like her evening gowns at all! (And I didn't realize until I looked at these photos.) In general, I don't like her big belts and all the fabric she has on her top, the ruching, that sort of thing. I know she has to dress more modestly than many famous women, but I would like to see her in something plainer. (I know, I'm not a fashionista!)

i don't mind the fabric on the top - but the belts....ugh!! i hate all the belts she wears now...almost every outfit, whether it is casual or formal, has to have a belt...i really liked it a few years ago, but now, i don't know, i think she should go back and look at her dresses from the late 1990s and early 2000...the ones without a belt were absolutely fantastic...now, the majority of her gowns i don't like...but i do love the thobes and i have to say the one she wore on the malaysian state visit was my favorite...absolutely stunning dress! plus, no belt!

I voted for may 9 ... gorgeous .:wub:

I also like very much november 18 !

I can't choose between April 24th and October 30th. They are both stunning to me.

Queen Rania more beautiful than the gowns....

I did not like any particular gown on Queen Rania better than the other.
These are garish colours and styles for a royal of this magnitude and sophistication.Also where is Queen Rania's waist? The belts and evening cummerbunds do nothing unless you have a emphatic waist.The waist has become a forgotten part of the female anatomy.Queen Rania was more beautiful than the gowns as usual. Her smile greater than any tiara. I think I will post some designs for her and see if she likes them by me...if that is permitted...
I voted however for the April 24 gown.Also what is with the frou frou at the neckline and ruffles on some gowns.?...some French court fashion carry over action on the gowns?Most unbecoming as the face is stunning with a plain portrait collar and that would shorten the stature so I would leave it alone...

Last edited:
iowabelle said:
Although I think she is stunning, I just realized I don't like her evening gowns at all! (And I didn't realize until I looked at these photos.) In general, I don't like her big belts and all the fabric she has on her top, the ruching, that sort of thing. I know she has to dress more modestly than many famous women, but I would like to see her in something plainer. (I know, I'm not a fashionista!)
No you are the Fashionista and we have the identical views.Queenrania has to be more understated than the understated.... possibly a mix of Audrey.. and Armani would be helpful.That ruching has to go...it is too matronly...

Unfortunately with Rania is very difficult to choose a dress, :ermm: :sad: Most of them, if not all are wonderfull :sad: , but if I left to choose three, I would choose these three ones.

The one from the TIME gala, Rochas, it's subtle and very beautiful.

The one from the Jordanian Independance Day, traditional dress I believe, really beautiful. She used, I believe, another one during those celebrations that is very beautiful as well. :wub:

Finally, this one from the Global Women’s Action Network for Children conference, in June. I love it, it's beautiful and not overpowering. Really well choosen, in my opinion. :flowers:

But if I have to choose just one, I will stick with the first one. :flowers: Even though, in this case it's really difficult to choose.

:flowers:

olga7777 said:
The one from the Jordanian Independance Day, traditional dress I believe, really beautiful. She used, I believe, another one during those celebrations that is very beautiful as well. :wub:

I like that dress too. It looks very loose and comfortable, but it is still stylish. I would imagine that she favored dresses like that during her pregnancy....it looks as though it would be both forgiving and elegant.

I think it must be difficult to combine fashion with middle eastern type of designs. I think she does too much with belts too. Are belts common in the middle east? Her face is always beautiful no matter what she wears though.

madonna23 said:
i don't mind the fabric on the top - but the belts....ugh!! i hate all the belts she wears now...almost every outfit, whether it is casual or formal, has to have a belt...i really liked it a few years ago, but now, i don't know, i think she should go back and look at her dresses from the late 1990s and early 2000...the ones without a belt were absolutely fantastic...now, the majority of her gowns i don't like...but i do love the thobes and i have to say the one she wore on the malaysian state visit was my favorite...absolutely stunning dress! plus, no belt!
Funny that, I love the belts, especially when she opts for the ornate, antique style designs which are most likely to be local. as opposed to designer belts. They add flair to her outfits.

I liked her May 25th dress best, and really loved the belt.

I had expected the May 31 dress to do a lot better. I personally found it to be very chic, very Audrey Hepburn.
Its my second favourite after the Spanish state visit dress.
Perhaps we need a "best thoub" poll for a closer contest:ermm:

Humera said:
Perhaps we need a "best thoub" poll for a closer contest:ermm:

thats sounds right. to me, a thoub & dress is totall oppisites, they dont go in the same catagory, besides that, i also think a pole of "all" rania;s evening dresses would be also a good idea from 1999-2007:)

well I had saved all the thoubs from 2006 for a possible separate poll. I included the May 25 thoub from the evening reception because it was a formal dress and I thought it was beautiful enough to be included in this poll.
As for all the evening gowns since 1999, I think that's just too many to include in one single poll. We did have a "Best Elie Saab dress" poll, however, which includes some of Queen Rania's most stunning dresses since her coronation:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/queen-ranias-best-elie-saab-dress-8511.html?highlight=queen+rania%27s+elie+saab+dress

Last edited:
Which was no seems for me.
The Oct 30th dress was the worst to me.
Lowest point of 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom