Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann - 27 May 2010, 17-18 June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, me too :) Both the veil, the laces and the tiara - oh, bring on saturday :flowers:
A correction to my earlier post: I don´t think she will wear the laces, as Pss Alexandra and Pss Alexia didn´t wore the laces, but only the veil and the tiara :flowers:

Aren´t you forgetting CPss Mary? She also wore the veil, although she is not a descendant of QI, but then again she didn´t wore the tiara... :flowers:
When I made the panel I was more thinking about the Khedive of Egypt tiara, which was not worn by Mary.
So here is the veil panel, which includes Mary and Queen Ingrid:

I wonder if Prince Richard will show up to-day.
And what about her unfortunate Brother and his eternal fiancee?
Why would her family not show up? And Carina Axelson is even accepted at Danish and Swedish royal family events. She surely is invited to Nathalies wedding. The only question is, if we will see pictures of the barbecue tonight. It might be a rather private affair. Does anybody know if the press will have access tonight?

Do you have a picture of Margaret of Sweden wearing the tiara and the lace? Did she wear it at her wedding? With not disrespect to Mary, I love the pictures of just Ingrid and her female descendants. How wonderful to share something of your mother with your daughters and granddaughters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a picture of Margaret of Sweden wearing the tiara and the lace? Did she wear it at her wedding? With not disrespect to Mary, I love the pictures of just Ingrid and her female descendants. How wonderful to share something of your mother with your daughters and granddaughters.
Pss Margaret only wore the laces and the veil, as did QI and CPss Mary :flowers:

scan0002.jpg

Last edited:
I have never seen a wedding picture of Princess Margreth of Connaugh, and I don't know if she wore a tiara at all at her wedding.

Edit: Thanks to FasterB I could add a wedding pic of Princess Margaret of Connaught. I decided to keep Princess Mary in. After all she did wear the veil.
Edit 2: here with a better quality of the Pr. Margaret pic.

Last edited:
Fasterb thanks for the picture of Margaret. Can you imagine using the same lace as your great grandmother at your wedding. What a true treasure.

TillaC...thanks for the montage's.

With not disrespect to Mary, I love the pictures of just Ingrid and her female descendants. How wonderful to share something of your mother with your daughters and granddaughters.

Ingrid wasn't in the first panel, as she didn't wear the Khedive, either :)

I have never seen a wedding picture of Princess Margreth of Connaugh, and I don't know if she wore a tiara at all at her wedding.
Thanks for the montages :flowers:
Perhaps you would made one now of the brides who wore the veil? :flowers: Then we could include Pss Margareta :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Thanks for the montages :flowers:
Perhaps you would made one now of the brides who wore the veil? :flowers: Then we could include Pss Margareta :flowers::flowers::flowers:
:flowers:Done! Please see above. We must have posted simultaneously.
The Margaret picture is lovely, thanks for posting it. And the veil is so exquisite. I shudder at the thought that this fragile thing must be fixed with an army of hairpins! I guess that the hairdress must be very careful.
I decided to keep Ps. Mary in the panel, after all she too did wear it. But I ran out of space for Nathalie. I'll solve that tomorrow.

:flowers:Done! Please see above. We must have posted simultaneously.
The Margaret picture is lovely, thanks for posting it. And the veil is so exquisite. I shudder at the thought that this fragile thing must be fixed with an army of hairpins! I guess that the hairdress must be very careful.
I decided to keep Ps. Mary in the panel, after all she too did wear it. But I ran out of space for Nathalie. I'll solve that tomorrow.
Thank you :flowers:
I guess we can keep CPss Mary in the panel, because she wore the veil and the laces as did QI and Pss Margareta :flowers::):flowers:

Oh, just a thought... Pss Margareta couldn´t have worn the tiara, because it was a weddinggift from the Khedive of Egypt :D

Nonetheless its a beautiful montage of the lace...can't wait to see it on Nathalie tomorrow!

Oh, just a thought... Pss Margareta couldn´t have worn the tiara, because it was a weddinggift from the Khedive of Egypt :D

Clever girl, FasterB, I didn't think of that! :flowers:
Unfortunately the Khedive-tiara has left the main line DRF. It now belongs to ex- Queen Anne Marie of Greece. However Princess Benedikte has several tiaras, so Princess Nathalie will have something to wear!

Viv

So did Ingrid give the tiara to Anne Marie because she was supposed to be a Queen as well?

I would imagine that it will still be on Nathalie's head tomorrow. The shame is that thepossibility exists that that Isabella, Ingrid, Josephine as well as Alexia's daughters won't wear it.

Clever girl, FasterB, I didn't think of that! :flowers:
Unfortunately the Khedive-tiara has left the main line DRF. It now belongs to ex- Queen Anne Marie of Greece. However Princess Benedikte has several tiaras, so Princess Nathalie will have something to wear!

Viv
Her sister Alexandra also wore this tiara. But at the time Queen Ingrid was still alive. Now that the tiara passed on to Queen Anne Marie, I think that Nathalie will borrow it from her aunt. I just guess that everyone in the family would like this tradition to continue.
I can't wait either. Thank goodness that all this speculation on the TRF makes time fly faster:lol:.

Last edited:
I hope that Q A-M will lent it out to her nieces and when that time comes to the other girls in the family :flowers:
But I guess we´ll see tomorrow :)

Do we know if the wedding will be a tiara event? I'm really hoping so, so we can see some German royal tiaras.

So did Ingrid give the tiara to Anne Marie because she was supposed to be a Queen as well?

I would imagine that it will still be on Nathalie's head tomorrow. The shame is that thepossibility exists that that Isabella, Ingrid, Josephine as well as Alexia's daughters won't wear it.
I believe that it will be on Nathalie's head tomorrow- in such cases as this , IMO everyone understands the sentimental significance of the piece and most owner, especially so closely related, would agree on a loan.
Zonk we don't really know why Ingrid gave this specific tiara to Anne Marie (althought she divided her jewellery fairly, she could have made different arrangement, like leaving the Khedive to Margrethe and the Baden Palmette to Anne Marie), nut there must be some special meaning IMO. Perhaps because she was the first of her 3 daughters to marry and leave the family?

Queen Ingrid kept the Khedive till she died a couple of years ago. By that time it was clear that there was hardly any chance to re-establish the Greek monarchy. So the reason why Anne Marie got the Khedive must be different.
The future must show which tiaras the next generation will wear. I find it a bit difficult to imagine, that the Danish princesses will borrow their wedding tiara from another relative, when there own mother (or grandmother) has got a number of lovely and important tiaras. The new generation kids have no living memory of Queen Ingrid, maybe they prefer to wear a tiara which reminds them more of their own loving grandmother? Anyway, we need patience, we will only know in many, many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it a bit difficult to imagine, that the Danish princesses will borrow their wedding tiara from another relative, when there own mother (or grandmother) has got a number of lovely and important tiaras. The new generation kids have no living memory of Queen Ingrid, maybe they prefer to wear a tiara which reminds them more of their own loving grandmother? Anyway, we need patience, we will only know in many, many years.
I don´t find it hard to imagine. It could be a family tradition to wear it, although they didn´t knew QI when she was alive. It could still be a lovely family tradition, just as the christeninggown is :flowers:

So did Ingrid give the tiara to Anne Marie because she was supposed to be a Queen as well?.
As someone said: in 2000 Anne- Marie had been an ex-queen for 26 years! I take it that Queen Ingrid bequeathed the tiara to Anne-Marie! And I suppose that it has something to do with a even and fair distribution of her private jewellery. Both Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte had been given tiaras from their mother long before she died. I just don't imagine that the three sisters were dividing Ingrid's jewellery into three heaps after her demise!

I won't bet on it! IMO it'll only happen if the three sisters insist on it for the sake of continuity!
However I promise that I'll be a graceful loser:)..

viv

It's past 20 pm, the barbecue must have started. No pics of arriving guests so far :sad:?
Is it known which Greek family members will be there? I would so much like to see them in full force.

Queen Margrethe arrived soon after 18.00 to Berleburg. Princess Benedikte, prince Richard and prince Gustav were welcoming her.
DerWesten

It's past 20 pm, the barbecue must have started. No pics of arriving guests so far :sad:?
Is it known which Greek family members will be there? I would so much like to see them in full force.

It's said that the King, Queen, Pavlos & MC, Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana.
We will just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom