Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a weakness for those flame-like upper parts of Princess Marie's earrings! Besides, the sapphire outline of their dangling section adds visual dynamic to the classic inner diamond border and central gemstone element i.m.o.. However, blue jewelry with a purple evening gown is not so much to my taste...

Are you sure those are sapphires? They look purple to me, maybe amethysts?

Last edited:
They're lovely earrings; I like their shape. And she's wearing that beautiful tiara that I like better than Mary's wedding tiara.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure they are not amethysts, take a look at this larger version of the first photo posted by dbarn67: http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...na-gala/0-232-563/c-principes-daneses1=-a.jpg
They ought to be amethysts, if the colour of the dress is anything to go by! IMO they look more light-blueish to me, blue topaz perhaps?

But now that you've asked me, there's still one further option: tanzanites with their characteristic hue between dark blue and dark purple http://www.skielka-designschmuck.de/media/catalog/category/Tansanit_Kategoriebild_1.jpg :)
Of course it's a possibility, especially if w're talking about the cheaper grade of tanzanite, which is on the light blue/light purple side. Those of Marie do not look dark enough to be top quality tanzanites. Top quality tanzanites are rare these days and very expensive. You hardly ever see tanzanites in Danish jewellery shops nor do the young Danish jewellers normally work with this gemstone.
You know what:flowers:: I'll try to get a better look in the coming issue of our royalty magazine; they might even say who made the earrings!

viv

I agree the earrings are really beautiful .. I thought she looked lovely that night actually.

Has she ever worn that floral tiara that was made for her use a couple of years ago? I believe it was meant to be borrowed rather like Mary's Midnight tiara.

No so far not. Waiting for her to do it though.

:previous:I'm quite sure they are not amethysts, take a look at this larger version of the first photo posted by dbarn67: http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza/casa_danesa/2013040664214/familia-real-danesa-cena-gala/0-232-563/c-principes-daneses1=-a.jpg
But now that you've asked me, there's still one further option: tanzanites with their characteristic hue between dark blue and dark purple http://www.skielka-designschmuck.de/media/catalog/category/Tansanit_Kategoriebild_1.jpg :)

That may be :). I have not seen this larger photo before, and you are correct, they do not look like amethysts. But they also look nothing like sapphires.
I think you may be correct about the tanzanite, but I would go with the lighter shades, those do not look anywhere dark to me. In that case I would agree with Viv.

They ought to be amethysts, if the colour of the dress is anything to go by! IMO they look more light-blueish to me, blue topaz perhaps?

Of course it's a possibility, especially if w're talking about the cheaper grade of tanzanite, which is on the light blue/light purple side. Those of Marie do not look dark enough to be top quality tanzanites. Top quality tanzanites are rare these days and very expensive. You hardly ever see tanzanites in Danish jewellery shops nor do the young Danish jewellers normally work with this gemstone.
You know what:flowers:: I'll try to get a better look in the coming issue of our royalty magazine; they might even say who made the earrings!

viv

Well, either way, earrings not being sapphires - that would make them working with the shade of the dress; the dress being dark purple and the earrings being of light (er) purple shade.

There is no description of the earrings in the latest issue of our royalty mag! I'd like to add that on print the stones do look like amethysts more than anything else, but I'm not willing to risk my neck..:D! .

vuv

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2013.
Written by Marianne Singer.

We get some interesting details from the designer of our Marie's engagement ring, Mette Rosgaard.
She explains how she was contacted by Joachim: "Prince Joachim said during one of our meetings at Amalienborg that he had seen the giraffe-ring (as Marie's engagement ring is apparantly inspired from due to the pattern) in an advert which I had put in an appendix about weddings in Billed Bladet (The magazine is pretty pleased about that one :p) and that he had fallen in love with the pattern.
And then he contacted me to ask me whether I would create an engagement ring for him. I sure would, it's always funny to fullfill the wishes of a costumer - especially when you, as he did, have a particular idea about how it should look. I also had a few ideas but he had but he had a very particular idea about the three stones symbolising the French flag. He would not compromise on anything and it had to be just the right stones".
The couple were so pleased that Mette Rosgaard also was requested to design their wedding rings.

- I heard a piece of sound advise on TV the other day about engagement rings: Do not expect the engagement ring to suit your particular taste, just keep in mind that it is presented with the heart and not according to your style, because men simply don't comprehend that sort of things and we don't understand hints either unless hammered home with a mallet. (You might just as well accept that from day one, it will make your life and marriage easier).
Anyway, as a last resort a hideous engagement ring can always end up "getting lost" somewhere. - "Ups! Sorry, honey". :whistling::p

Marie wore her wedding tiara art the state visit dinner and maybe new earings i am not sure, someone else maybe knows

Billed Bladet write that our Marie recently wore a complete set from Pandora, called The Feather Story.
https://app.box.com/s/5ipmzhs6p6pkylenhvm7

It's a very affordable set actually - and Christmas is coming up, so...
It consists of sterling silver with tiny zirkonia stones (whatever that is).

The earrings cost 895 DKK.

There is also a necklace, which cost 675 DKK and an appendix to the necklace, 750 DKK.
And finally a ring, costing 595 DKK.

1 € = 7.5 DKK.
1 $ = 5.5 DKK.

I'm very happy to see Marie in this lovely tiara!

Finally this tiara made an appearance ! It looks better than on the first pictures...

HM - silver is a strange material for a Tiara - as it will blacken quite quickly, so I am wondering if it is really all silver.....
I am not yet decided if I like it or not - would love to see a bigger from Pr. Marie - and maybe a video to see it in motion...

...and while we are at the wish list - can we also see CP Letizia wearing her contemporary tiara too please? :)

Complicated reaction- i'm not crazy about this Tiara, except in close-up.
I love the amethyst balls. I love that Marie's favorite stone is Ametyst, she has good taste, it's mine too.
Overall, I like this Tiara better than her other one.

i think its kind of cute
a modern tiara that can be worn at galas

wow, marie was given this tiara such a long time ago, that i am happy to finally see her using it :)
i wouldn't say it's my favourite - like mary's, those flora danica tiaras are not my cup of tea - and would prefer the classic tiaras, but it's nice for a change, especially on marie as she only uses her wedding tiara (unlike mary, who regularly uses both her wedding tiara and the rubies).

wow, marie was given this tiara such a long time ago, that i am happy to finally see her using it :)
i wouldn't say it's my favourite - like mary's, those flora danica tiaras are not my cup of tea - and would prefer the classic tiaras, but it's nice for a change, especially on marie as she only uses her wedding tiara (unlike mary, who regularly uses both her wedding tiara and the rubies).

I think so, too.... at least an alternative
Bye Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom