Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein and Ralph Worthington: 25 Sep. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magnolia471

Aristocracy
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't Astrid of Liechtenstein's wedding supposed to have been yesterday? Is there any photos of the event?

Wasn't Astrid of Liechtenstein's wedding supposed to have been yesterday? Is there any photos of the event?
That date was apparently only a rumour. The wedding is on 25 September.

Last edited:
:previous: That date makes more sense. I always felt that having two grand weddings with only a week between for the families to recuperate is a bit much!;)

In what church in Rome will they be married?

There is already an afternoon.
Still no photos?

Well, there are two possibilities for an afternoon wedding-mass in Italy.
One starting at 16.00 and the next at 18.00.
So you still have to have some patience for pics

In the last pic i can spot Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Fürst Hans Adam, Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie, Archduke Carl Christian and Archduchess Marie Astrid

No tiara for the wedding reception?

I think Sebastien of Luxembourg as well (the man on left in first pic)? The lady in gray dress with red/pink pattern looks like Stephanie too.

As the wedding is late in the day i think there will be a reception with Dinner after it and not like at her sisters Wedding where there was a reception after the Ceremony and then a Ball in the evening. And wouldn't it be a bit short to wear a tiara only for the Ceremony and then switch to another for the following reception.

I suppose the Grand Duchess was there as Princess Margaretha left the Church with her husband!

As the wedding is late in the day i think there will be a reception with Dinner after it and not like at her sisters Wedding where there was a reception after the Ceremony and then a Ball in the evening. And wouldn't it be a bit short to wear a tiara only for the Ceremony and then switch to another for the following reception.

You could be right, I just noticed the guests wore long dress rather than hat and daytime outfit like her sister's.

I suppose the Grand Duchess was there as Princess Margaretha left the Church with her husband!

In Maria Anunciata's wedding Henri went alone and accompanied his sister in the ceremony and reception as well. It could be same this time.

The church was really beautiful and a stunning location for the Wedding Ceremony/Mass.

In the photo of them preparing to walk back down the aisle I believe we can see Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium carrying the bride’s train, she is back left.

I think Sebastien of Luxembourg as well (the man on left in first pic)? The lady in gray dress with red/pink pattern looks like Stephanie too.
Are there already pics from the reception? I understood that the pics from the post above are from the pre-wedding yesterday?

The bride looks lovely, in a look that is completely different from her sister's outfit from two weeks ago. She wore the Kinsky tiara from her late aunt's family.

In the last pic i can spot Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Fürst Hans Adam, Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie, Archduke Carl Christian and Archduchess Marie Astrid

Does anyone know what tiara she is wearing?

I don't really think it was a good choice.

That tiara was commissioned by Kinsky family and brought by Hans Adam for Princess Marie of Liechtenstein in the 80s. Astrid has no blood connection to Kinsky family or Princess Marie. So doesn't really mean anything significant to her.

Princely family of Liechtenstein got only two tiaras, (and Alois and Sophie's daughter and daughters in law will be using the same as they don't have any other choice if they don'tcome from other royal households) but Astrid is also a member of Luxemburg royal family that owns more than 10 tiaras.

Why Marie Theresa didn't borrow one of her tiaras to her niece-in-law? So we can see the Luxemburg pieces on other family members beside her.

It's like the forth wedding that I see with that same tiara, not original at all! I was aspecting a nice piece from Luxemburg!

I don't mind the honeysuckle tiara (just not the placement of the veil, but that's another story). It's from the Liechtenstein family, the bride is a Liechtenstein princess, and the tiara hasn't had an outing for a while.

Plus, personally I don't really crave to see the Luxembourg tiaras. They are worn regularly by members at gala events, and very often on loan to people outside the immediate family.

I think Anunciata's decision to wear one of each on different wedding events was a great choice.

The owner (Liechtenstein family or Hans Adam or Marie's kids) approved it, then there is no such thing called "the bad/wrong choice". And it's hard to be "original" unless they purchase a new tiara/use something never used before like another bride Charlotte. TBH I would rather see the bride wear a proper tiara then the bracelet/necklace-tiara from Luxembourg.

I don't really think it was a good choice.

That tiara was commissioned by Kinsky family and brought by Hans Adam for Princess Marie of Liechtenstein in the 80s. Astrid has no blood connection to Kinsky family or Princess Marie. So doesn't really mean anything significant to her.

Princely family of Liechtenstein got only two tiaras, (and Alois and Sophie's daughter and daughters in law will be using the same as they don't have any other choice if they don'tcome from other royal households) but Astrid is also a member of Luxemburg royal family that owns more than 10 tiaras.

Why Marie Theresa didn't borrow one of her tiaras to her niece-in-law? So we can see the Luxemburg pieces on other family members beside her.

It's like the forth wedding that I see with that same tiara, not original at all! I was aspecting a nice piece from Luxemburg!

Perhaps the bride wanted to point out that she is a Princess of Liechtenstein and not a Princess of Luxemburg.And there is not much choice. And perhaps she wanted to wear a different one then her sister as their marriages were so close to each other.

It could also be seen as a way to honor Fürstin Marie who btw. has only been pictured wearing the tiara at one occasion.

The owner (Liechtenstein family or Hans Adam or Marie's kids) approved it, then there is no such thing called "the bad/wrong choice". And it's hard to be "original" unless they purchase a new tiara/use something never used before like another bride Charlotte. TBH I would rather see the bride wear a proper tiara then the bracelet/necklace-tiara from Luxembourg.
I assume that the late Princess Marie also approved it. She only passed away a few weeks ago, the wedding has been delayed by the pandemic and the engagement period was about 18 months. Plenty of time to discuss the wedding tiara with the whole family.
Perhaps the bride wanted to point out that she is a Princess of Liechtenstein and not a Princess of Luxemburg.And there is not much choice. And perhaps she wanted to wear a different one then her sister as their marriages were so close to each other.

It could also be seen as a way to honor Fürstin Marie who btw. has only been pictured wearing the tiara at one occasion.
I agree that Princess Marie Astrid probably wanted a distinctly different wedding from her sister. The two wedding gowns were completely different, she even chose another country for her wedding. So this was the only other Liechtenstein tiara choice.

On the other hand I find it not that attractive that she chose a tiara that non of her ancestors have worn. It feels a bit like she had to make do with the leftovers.

Grand Duke Henri had the Inauguration of the Stade of Luxembourg the same day.
I don't think the Grand Duchess came alone but the Prince of Liechtenstein was there what is great for his Brother and his Niece. As Princess of Liechtenstein she prefers to were her tiara.
For the Weddings of the 4 Children of Archduchess Marie Astrid 3 brides wore rhe small Luxemburger flower tiara and the youngest the Adelaide tiara because there was no Habsburg tiara.

Back
Top Bottom