Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
The new princess is the 50 555 citizen of Asker.

She is the fifth generation Norwegian Royal.

Her grandfather is Harald the fifth.

That's a lot of 5's...

cool that's a good number in feng shui:

Number #5
You may feel you are all alone, in this world. Take this as a blessing and look back at the recent past. It is time to deal with the changes that have taken place in the recent past. This exercise will be a valuable source of inspiration and understanding if you do this around the 10th. Tread cautiously. Avoid haste to stay out of trouble.

Five
Bold, daring, and persuasive. Enjoys the finer things. Restlessness to the point of boredom, Easily side-tracked. To search for new opportunities. Take chances. Try it all. Public figure, media, develop new idea for small business. (what about ruling a kingdom?? ;) )

Here's the new thread for news and pictures of HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway.

Some pictures from the photo-shoot at Skaugum. All pictures credited Scanpix.

In my opinion, Ingrid Alexandra does not need to grow up to be quite the charmer... she is one already. It's going to be interesting to watch the process of her growing up.

Attachments

• 1093536305.07175.jpg
    1093536305.07175.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 812
  • 1093536344.34782.jpg
    1093536344.34782.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 801
  • 1093536373.91157.jpg
    1093536373.91157.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 931
  • 1093536415.40935.jpg
    1093536415.40935.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 624
  • 1093536466.39517.jpg
    1093536466.39517.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 787
  • 1093536521.2563.jpg
    1093536521.2563.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 748
  • 1093536535.68221.jpg
    1093536535.68221.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 907
  • 1093536276.64493.jpg
    1093536276.64493.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 729
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=241624 /NTB

Family photo-shoot at Skaugum.
Young Ingrid Alexandra smiled satisfied, but she probably did not understand what was going on when the Crown Prince family arranged the family photo-shoot at Skaugum Thursday afternoon.

In honour of the photographers the family played a game of croquet on the lawn in front of the main building, but the little princess had to watch it all
from her position on her father's arm.

Ingrid Alexandra, who turned seven months old a couple of days ago, officially posed for the first time after her christening in front of 15 photographers, the day after her parents' three year anniversary.

Big brother Marius proudly showed everyone how good he has become at cycling, but his little sister was more interested in his helmet.

Ingrid Alexandra smiled to the photographers, mostly, but was angry when someone wanted to take away her teddy bear. According to Crown Princess Mette-Marit the little princess looks very much like her father, especially when she wrinkles her nose. She [Ingrid Alexandra] was also very occupied with chewing on stuff, but has as of yet no teeth to chew with, Mummy told the press.

Both of these children are beautiful, not just kid cute, but out of the ordinary beautiful, IMO.

Love these pictures! Ingrid Alexandra is too cute for words, especially the pictures of her scrunching her nose. She does bear a very striking resemblance to Haakon as a baby. A very lovely family.

In the interview did either Haakon or Mette-Marit say that they've resolved what/how to address their daughter yet yet? During the first photo shoot with the family after Ingrid Alexandra's birth (Mette-Marit wore a grey sweater and skirt), Haakon was calling her by her full name and Mette-Marit was calling her Ingrid.

Ingrid Alexandra smiled to the photographers, mostly, but was angry when someone wanted to take away her teddy bear.

One does not take teddy bears away of little children . It`s a serious crime. I hope there is some kind of law against this ;-).

Oh look, the baby princess!

The youngest member of the Norwegian Royal family, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, smiled gaily when the Crown Prince family met the press for a photo session.

Just to please the photographers, the family played a round of crocket on the lawn in front of the main house at Skaugum, but the little princess had to learn by watching as her father held her.

Princess Alexandra, who is seven months old, participated in her first official photo shoot in front of about 15 photographers after her christening, followed by a new session the day after in connection with her parents? third anniversary.

While her big brother Marius proudly demonstrated how good he was at bicycling, Ingrid Alexandra was much more interested in his bicycle helmet.

Ingrid Alexandra smiled to the photographers most of the time, but became angry when someone wanted to take away her teddy bear. According to Crown Princess Mette-Marit, the baby princess looks like her daddy, especially when she wrinkles her nose. She is also very fund of chewing on everything she can get her hands on, but has not gotten any teeth yet, said her mother.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00160/Ingrid_Alexandra_1__160408b.JPG

liliawodna said:
Ingrid Alexandra smiled to the photographers most of the time, but became angry when someone wanted to take away her teddy bear.
They may be royal babies but they're still babies LOL! She looks more like Haakon every time I see her-she's so precious and sweet. Thanks for these great pictures: they really put a smile on my face.

Nice picture... Princess Ingrid look like her mother... Great picture...

Karla

Four little princesses with historic futures (Hello!)

Royal circles have experienced a baby boom of sorts in the past few years, with one history-making consequence ? a corresponding boom in future queens by birth.

No fewer than three European countries ? Norway, Belgium and the Netherlands ? have welcomed first-born females since 2001, and Japan's little Princess Aiko may grow up to be the Chrysanthemum Throne's new empress.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, born in January to Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit, is the youngest of Europe's future queens, and has a special status as Norway's first ever female heir to the throne.

Proud papa Haakon could not contain his thrill at his baby Ingrid's arrival, calling her "the finest, most beautiful little girl in the world" and dubbing her birth as a "powerful and wonderful experience".

In the Netherlands, males and females have equal rights to accession as well, so when Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his wife Princess Maxima presented their first-born in 2003, the Dutch public was also meeting a tiny tot who would one day be their queen.

"Although many babies are born each day," said Willem of Princess Catharina-Amalia, "we believe this is the most beautiful baby in the world."

A recent Belgian law granted equal inheritance rights to both sexes, meaning Princess Elisabeth, daughter of Crown Prince Philippe and his wife Princess Mathilde, is set to become the first queen to ascend to Belgium's throne in modern history. "I hope my daughter will be a great queen,? said Philippe. ?But first of all, a great woman."

Significantly more controversial was the 2001 birth of Japan's Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and his wife Princess Masako, which sparked a debate in Japan over the country?s male-only law of succession.

The couple spent eight years trying for a baby ? and suffered one miscarriage ? before Aiko's arrival, giving rise to talk that Naruhito would work to change the constitution so that his daughter can become the country's first empress in 250 years. Sources at the strict and male-dominated Imperial Household have expressed concern about such a change.

However, the fact that the crown princess, now 40, is suffering from mental distress in part because of pressure to produce a male heir, has further pushed the issue to the forefront.

And hellomagazine.com readers have made their feelings more than clear.

Our recent poll on this subject showed that 95 per cent of you - 2,853 votes to 136 - feel that the Japanese Constitution should simply be changed, so that one day, Aiko can take her place among the monarchs of the world.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/08/27/littleprincesses/imgs/princesses-1a.jpg

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/08/27/littleprincesses/imgs/princesses-2a.jpg

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/08/27/littleprincesses/imgs/princesses-3a.jpg

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/08/27/littleprincesses/imgs/princesses-4a.jpg

Marius and Haakon look very close from pictures. Looking at the August pictures, Marius looked very comfortable sitting near Haakon.

princessvalondra said:
Oh my gosh she looks so much like him! haha. Thanks for that link.

Hey just a quick note- I've started a Yahoo! group dedicated to Ingrid. It's called HRHIngridAlexandraOfNorway. New members are always welcomed!
How can I access your Yahoo!Group?

Ingrid Alexandra names helo me out
who was she named after

There was a Norwegian queen named Ingrid. (Also one named Ingerid.) Mette-Marit's paternal grandmother was also named Ingrid.

Alexandra is from Alexander, which was the one of King Olav's four names that he was known as before he became Olav. It is also the name of his maternal grandmother, and one of the names of Princess Ragnhild.

ILoveCristina said:
how do Marius and Haakon get on? Does H consider Marius as his son?
I believe that Haakon treats Marius like his own son. I remember reading a quote from him quite recently where he said that he'd love more children, but he's very happy and content with the two children he has now. So I guess he considers Marius as good as his own, which is very sweet to see.

Found some pics that might haven't been posted (I hope)...

Ingrid Alexandra is probably the cutest baby I have ever seen. She is so perfectly formed, like a doll. I think I'll call her "doll face"...:)

ETA: Pictures from www.fotomarktplatz.de

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 438
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 528
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 481
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 486
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 584
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 426
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 573
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 561
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 587
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 389
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 533
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 547
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 486
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 534
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 335
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 514
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks pdas1201 for posting all these pics! Actually, I had already seen some of them (not sure if it was on this forum or not), but there are some that were new for me!:)

norwegianne said:
There was a Norwegian queen named Ingrid. (Also one named Ingerid.) Mette-Marit's paternal grandmother was also named Ingrid.

Alexandra is from Alexander, which was the one of King Olav's four names that he was known as before he became Olav. It is also the name of his maternal grandmother, and one of the names of Princess Ragnhild.
She is also named after queen Ingrid of Denmark.
Alexander was his first name but after they moved to Norway Alexander ´was given the name Olav by his father, and his father took the name Haakon instead of Carl.

Betina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom