Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with your "monaco set" analysis. She was obviously there to enjoy herself and spent time after the Grand Prix itself in Monaco. I do not see her driffting into this so called shady lifestyle you loosy described, Beatrice does not seem that sort of person. She comes from a loving family, she's in a safe and steady relationship and she's in her last few months of university. Just because they aren't going to be fully fledged royals doesn't mean they're going to be jet setting alcoholics.

Beatrice gets complained about if she attends royal events and if she doesn't. Beatrice is the one in charge of her studying, if she felt she was prepared enough to visit the flower show then that's her call.

I am now going to say something which I am afraid will upset people here, and so could I point out that I don't mean to cause offence. Anyway, it is this: although it now seems that Beatrice [and Eugenie] are not going to become 'fully fledged Royals', and are therefore entirely free to live the life of their own choosing, nevertheless, I feel rather uncomfortable that Beatrice is going down the 'Formula 1 Jet Set route'. It is a rather unpleasant world to be in -it is something of an amoral medium, full of 'Shady' people with varying degrees of warped values and an unrealistic 'take' on life. There is enormous wealth and a lot of people 'trading' on their louche connections ....or trying to ingratiate themselves with 'Royal contacts' etc. Sarah Ferguson was exposed to the vacuous values of Formula 1 though Paddy McNally, and the huge spending, jet set partying and everything could [I fear] set both Princesses off on a less-than-desirable course.....

As her cousin used to work for the Williams racing team and met his future wife at a Grand Prix it would appear that not everyone has that attitude - unless you are also putting Peter and Autumn Philips in that category.

Beatrice went to the car races - big deal. I know many people who go to the Grand Prix races and they don't have the same ideas about it as you - they go because they enjoy the races - and yes they mix with the rich and famous there and have VIP passes at some of them (or in the case on one couple all of them).

As for Beatrice's exams - any properly prepared student can take a day off from studying - even the day before their exams - if they have done the work consistently through the year and if they are confident of passing. Last minute cramming is a sign of poor preparation and poor study habits.

I am sure that Beatrice knows exactly what she has to do to pass her exams with the results that she wants to have and will have prepared for that properly. She is a level headed girl who has some decisions to make about her future in the upcoming months - like all uni graduates - and I hope she chooses the right job for her skills and talents.

Like I said, I don't mean to upset people, I was expressing a point of view, one which I honestly hold.

Monaco is a GP that tends to attract the most louche crowd. Canada less so in my humble opinion. [One year at Monaco, things got so much out of hand that the Police had to do a baton charge, and people got quite badly hurt.] Peter Phillips initially started his career in Formula 1 courtesy of Jackie Stewart, who gave him the introductions he needed. [Although it was unnecessary, he could have kept an appropriate eye out for Peter's interests as well come to that; actually I would have been very happy to learn that someone like JS was keeping his or her eye on Beatrice come to that]

Very impressed that your friends buy VIP passes, Bertie. The cheapest 'Paddock Club' Formula 1 passes cost around 5000 Euros for Monaco. That's quite some money by my standards although not necessarily by everyone's I admit.

I agree with you over study and taking the odd day off. And I agree that Beatrice presumbly knows how to study. But I still reckon that you've got to be careful with University finals.

Certainly I accept that the York girls are damned if they do, damned if they don't. But the sad situation Sarah finds herself in just makes me worry a bit for Beatrice and Eugenie. Slippery slopes and all that...

Like I said though, all the foregoing is my humble opinion. I am not necessarily right but I am not necessarily wrong, either.

Last edited:
Sarah is Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie have seen their mother through so many troubles they're probably going to avoid everything she's done wrong in her life. It's like the family situation when the father is obese and the daughter is anorexic because she doesn't want to look like her dad - (hopefully B&E aren't like that, but you get my jist). You have to be careful with any exams IMO because GCSE's, A-Levels, university exams all get you to the next stage in your life.
Beatrice and Peter are obviously different people, Peter was their for work and Beatrice for pleasure.

As to the aforementioned GP low lives, leeches, of low morals, etc. They are present in abundance anywhere there is money, power and pretty people. Check out the polo hangers-on etc.

Beatrice and Eugenie have been dealing with them for a large part of their lives and can probably spot them at 50 paces and somehow I don't think that lifestyle holds any attraction or we would be seeing her as one of the international "set".

Nothing she has done indicates that is where or what she wants to be, and a fun freebee with the likes of the Bransons is hardly the slippery slope to depravity.

Last edited:
I agree with most of you.
B & E are switched-on young women who, I suspect, won't find it easy to organise their lives.
I think it's a pity that Prince Andrew allowed them to have titles....

I agree with most of you.
B & E are switched-on young women who, I suspect, won't find it easy to organise their lives.
I think it's a pity that Prince Andrew allowed them to have titles....

In the 1980s there was no question about them not having titles. The titles were automatic - they are male line grandchildren of a monarch and hence they are HRH Princesses, just as William and Harry are HRH Prince - they got those titles because they are male line grandchildren of the monarch - as did the present Queen when she was born and the present Gloucesters and Kents - all male line grandchildren of the monarch.

They are also the daughters of a Duke and thus even if not HRH they would be Lady Beatrice and Lady Eugenie.

They would have a title automatically based on their father's title. If he hadn't been created Duke of York they would still be Princesses due to the 1917 LPs.

Anne's children were not entitled to any titles because their father didn't have a title so there was no title for them but people insist on making that comparison without actually looking into the reason for the difference - the 1917 LPs.

I am now going to say something which I am afraid will upset people here, and so could I point out that I don't mean to cause offence. Anyway, it is this: although it now seems that Beatrice [and Eugenie] are not going to become 'fully fledged Royals', and are therefore entirely free to live the life of their own choosing, nevertheless, I feel rather uncomfortable that Beatrice is going down the 'Formula 1 Jet Set route'. It is a rather unpleasant world to be in -it is something of an amoral medium, full of 'Shady' people with varying degrees of warped values and an unrealistic 'take' on life. There is enormous wealth and a lot of people 'trading' on their louche connections ....or trying to ingratiate themselves with 'Royal contacts' etc. Sarah Ferguson was exposed to the vacuous values of Formula 1 though Paddy McNally, and the huge spending, jet set partying and everything could [I fear] set both Princesses off on a less-than-desirable course.....

Only my opinions.
Alex

Ever since I read that Fergie's actions might impact on her daughters' marriage prospects, I've wondered the same thing.

I'm sure both sisters will marry into wealth, but the aristocracy is another story.
Time will tell, of course, and Dave Clarke is said to be much more acceptable to the RF than Beatrice's previous boyfriend.

:previous: And where did you read that again? You mentioned it in another thread, but I can't remember.

First, I hope the girls will marry for love (not implying that you don't wish that as well). That being said, I can't imagine any member of the British aristocracy not marrying the York girls because of their mother (for all of Sarah's faults she is not murderer), when its their grandmother is the Queen of England. And its not better not to throw rocks at a glass house (considering that all familes have skeltons in their closets).

:previous: And where did you read that again? You mentioned it in another thread, but I can't remember.

First, I hope the girls will marry for love (not implying that you don't wish that as well). That being said, I can't imagine any member of the British aristocracy not marrying the York girls because of their mother (for all of Sarah's faults she is not murderer), when its their grandmother is the Queen of England. And its not better not to throw rocks at a glass house (considering that all familes have skeltons in their closets).

It was an article concerning William and Harry's social circle, I'll try to locate it when I have more time.

But I'm not sure being the Queen's grandchildren will matter that much, since many of the old noble families consider themselves quite as important as the RF. Remember Diana's comment about the Spencers, when she was talking to Prince Phillip?

Many are descended through the Stuart line and the Windsors are partially German. This may seem silly to us, but many of these families tend to intermarry, even in this day and age.

(I'm not saying this will necessarily happen, but the York girls haven't dated any of the scions of the aristocratic families, have they?)

Its funny how the Windsor are Germans and have lived in England for over 200 years and have married into English society for the last 100 years (if you go back to Princess Louse marrying the Duke of Argyll).

I would imagine that members of the British aristocracy are proud of their lineage and history (as they should be) and being related to the Stuarts is fine and all that, but it would probably be better if it was on the otherside of the sheets, and than perhaps the House of Stuart would be on the throne and not the house of Windsor.

I would also imagine that most of them wouldn't miss a chance to be married into the House of Windsor. A non royal duke and duchess is a dime a dozen but a Princess of the Royal Blood (with German and Stuart blood?). Well, thats' certainly something....look what it did for the Fife's? They were Earls until they were elevated and of course, now they have the lovely Fife tiara that was brought into their family by a Princess of the Royal Blood. Of course, that won't happen again (the elevation) in this day and age.

But that's off topic. I would guess that Beatrice will either marry Dave or someone else who runs in her circles (i.e rich or titled, as she does have titled friends).

Last edited:
Eugenie does not need to be slimmer. She needs to be well-fitted in her clothing, which she currently is not. Her build will never allow her to be thin, unless of course some kind of illness happens. I believe E. is the more attractive sister, even though she may wear a UK14. I weigh 153 lbs and I wear UK14 -- 153 is average for someone who is reported to be 5' 9" tall. Seems that if you wear over a size 4 in any part of the world, you are likely deemed to be fat.

Last edited:
Its funny how the Windsor are Germans and have lived in England for over 200 years and have married into English society for the last 100 years (if you go back to Princess Louse marrying the Duke of Argyll).

I would imagine that members of the British aristocracy are proud of their lineage and history (as they should be) and being related to the Stuarts is fine and all that, but it would probably be better if it was on the otherside of the sheets, and than perhaps the House of Stuart would be on the throne and not the house of Windsor.

Electress Sophia was the great-granddaughter of Mary, Queen of Scots and her husband Lord Darnley, thus she was a direct-line Plantagenet/Tudor/Stuart-descendant. Her mother was Elizabeth Stuart, princess of England and Scotland, her father a Wittelsbach, elected king of Bohemia.

It's true that the descendants of Sophia did not intermarry with the British nobility, but in a country with a strong parliament influenced by the nobility this seems to be a good idea, so the Royals could stay well above the nobility.

Eugenie does not need to be slimmer. She needs to be well-fitted in her clothing, which she currently is not. Her build will never allow her to be thin, unless of course some kind of illness happens. I believe E. is the more attractive sister, even though she may wear a UK14. I weigh 153 lbs and I wear UK14 -- 153 is average for someone who is reported to be 5' 9" tall. Seems that if you wear over a size 4 in any part of the world, you are likely deemed to be fat.
I totally agree. Pss E is not overweight. IMO she has a healthy and normal figure. I think society is so programmed to think that a 5'10" woman who weighs 105 pounds is "normal." Well, it's not. While there are some people who are naturally very thin, most aren't. Most are average, like Pss E. She also has a pretty big bosom which always makes women appear larger all-around.
I also agree that wearing clothing that is right for your figure is def. more flattering. Pss E just needs to find the right clothing and it will improve her appearance. I think she's very pretty.

Electress Sophia was the great-granddaughter of Mary, Queen of Scots and her husband Lord Darnley, thus she was a direct-line Plantagenet/Tudor/Stuart-descendant. Her mother was Elizabeth Stuart, princess of England and Scotland, her father a Wittelsbach, elected king of Bohemia.

It's true that the descendants of Sophia did not intermarry with the British nobility, but in a country with a strong parliament influenced by the nobility this seems to be a good idea, so the Royals could stay well above the nobility.

I realize that Electress Sophia was technically a Stuart (as well as the ancestors of Sarah, Diana, Camilla, Alice, etc.) but her son founded the House of Hanover, and hence the claim that the Windsors are German. Which lets face it, they did intermarry with German royalty pretty much from George I until George V. However, everyone from George II on was in fact born in England.

The main point (and I think it differs in England) is that people who have techinically lived generations in a particular country are still considered to be foreigners. In the States (and I realize we do things different here not better just different), if you are born here...you are American. You might be African American, Italian American, Chinese American, etc which pays homage to your roots but you are American. I mean Queen Elizabeth II was born in England, as were her parents and her grandparents, and she is still considered to be German, and looked down up on a British aristocracy because of her great great grandparents?

But that off topic.

Last edited:
I love it when people call the BRF German when they have all been born in the UK since the 1720s and have lived there for nearly 300 years (the 300th anniversary of the accession of George I is only 3 years away) because that means that there are no such things as Australians unless they are an indigenous Australian with no non-indigenous ancestor and the vast majority of the indigenous population here don't fit that qualification.

The BRF are British with descent from Plantagenets, Tudors (Welsh), Stuart, and other British families e.g. Woodville, Bowes-Lyon etc.

As for the York girls not marrying into the British nobility - they would simply be following the example of the last couple of British born princesses - Anne and Margaret didn't marry aristocrats either.

I totally agree. Pss E is not overweight. IMO she has a healthy and normal figure. I think society is so programmed to think that a 5'10" woman who weighs 105 pounds is "normal." Well, it's not. While there are some people who are naturally very thin, most aren't. Most are average, like Pss E. She also has a pretty big bosom which always makes women appear larger all-around.
I also agree that wearing clothing that is right for your figure is def. more flattering. Pss E just needs to find the right clothing and it will improve her appearance. I think she's very pretty.

This is of course not unique to B + E, but people tend to 'photograph heavier' than they are - sometimes people can look as much as 10lbs lighter in the flesh. Based on Chelsea Flower Show, B looks very slim in the flesh - almost, almost a little too slim in my very humble opinion; When I last saw E, she did not look as slim as her sister, but in the flesh she does not look plump either.

The camera and tv both 'lie' to a certain extent.

Last edited:
With the sunglasses and her hair back, Beatrice looks like The Princess Royal! It must be the shape of her face and mouth.

Beatrice and Dave stayed a bit longer in Monaco and France - yesterday, May 31,
they were pictured on a friend's yacht with Sir Richard Branson.

I'm sorry, I do not understand what 105 pounds and 5'10'' mean, but Eugenie is fat!Look how she was in W+K wedding!! If you are like this at 20 years old, what will happen after!! She has the bad heredity from both her parents, same for Beatrice, but B managed to inprove her figure, E NOT.

First, let's get back on topic. This thread isn't about Eugenie or her weight (and she doesn't look fat).

Princess Beatrice attended The Roof Gardens 30th Anniversary Party on June 6, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Dave Clark attended as well, I only noticed it after more pics were uploaded by the agencies.

** zimbio pic **

Last edited:
Beatrice seems to wear so much black!
She looks much better in bright primary colors, imo.

Beatrice looks too thin in those photos. This is the first time I've thought she's thin to the point of looking scrawny. Beatrice - you don't have to go to extremes!

Princess Beatrice watched the Radek Stepanek of Czech Republic and Rafael Nadal of Spain Men's
Singles third round match on day four of the AEGON Championships at Queens Club on June 9,
2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

A new hair-do?? I'm not liking it that much...

New hair do? I don't see it. She just seems to have swished her hair over to one side.

New hair do? I don't see it. She just seems to have swished her hair over to one side.
Which, technically constitutes a "new-do".
Udy, I am not fond of it either. Though she certainly looks healthy to me.

I think that Beatrice's style has improved a lot. This girl seems to be down to earth, I like it.

A swish to the side counts as a new hair do? I wake up with swished hair sometimes. :) She looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom