Prince William Current Events 11: October-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really nice to see William and Harry taking on a public role in commemorating Diana.

politikgirl said:
It's really nice to see William and Harry taking on a public role in commemorating Diana.

I just think it is very sad that even now, they can't be left alone, instead of the press and the public trying to force them to 'remember' their mother! :rolleyes:

Perhaps they are hoping that after 10 years, people will move on and allow them to remember her in peace!

Well, I would agree with you if there was evidence that they were being forced into "remembering" their mother, but I don't see any evidence indicating that they're doing this involuntarily.

politikgirl said:
Well, I would agree with you if there was evidence that they were being forced into "remembering" their mother, but I don't see any evidence indicating that they're doing this involuntarily.

Where is the official announcement? As I have said in another thread, they, more than anyone remember their mother, they don't need gatherings or concerts. Why should they have to do it in public, to prove to, who exactly, that they miss their mother?

This is once again, IMO, a media generated 'event', that the princes, if they don't go ahead with now, will be vilified for!

As for evidence, where is the evidence that they want to 'remember' their mother, in this way! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
politikgirl said:

I totally agree you.

For some strange reason i f the boys want to do something for the woman that gave them life & whome they adored & the world loved. & Being that they would want to honor her.
Well, then I guess they are being forced to do that. :rolleyes: Yeah, I could see that:lol:

I look forward to the concert ( If it is true & I sure hope that it is.)

Panther2000 said:
For some strange reason i f the boys want to do something for the woman that gave them life & whome they adored & the world loved. & Being that they would want to honor her.
Well, then I guess they are being forced to do that. :rolleyes: Yeah, I could see that:lol:

You seem to think that in order to 'honour' their mother, they must publicly wear sackcloth! Are you all saying that up until this moment in time, they felt nothing for their dead mother? No the 'world' didn't love her but, presumably her sons did.

Why should they have to be public with their feelings. You clearly can't accept the possibility that the paper that published this story, without any confirmation from anyone, has invented the story, to sell papers and to force their hand, they may have wanted something other than yet another 'pop concert'.:rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
You seem to think that in order to 'honour' their mother, they must publicly wear sackcloth! Are you all saying that up until this moment in time, they felt nothing for their dead mother? No the 'world' didn't love her but, presumably her sons did.

Why should they have to be public with their feelings. You clearly can't accept the possibility that the paper that published this story, without any confirmation from anyone, has invented the story, to sell papers and to force their hand, they may have wanted something other than yet another 'pop concert'.:rolleyes:

Skydragon, but maybe they have ideas like that - after all their own father is quite versed in organizing pop concerts for his "prince's trust" and they certainly seemed amused the last time they attended. So it's not so way off, especially as the 10. anniversery is approaching and not only many people but the princes themselves might thing it is appropriate to do something to raise a bit of money for her fund as well, just like they do for their father's trust.

But I agree, after the fast food news we were fed these last weeks about the princes one tend to dismiss any story written by the tabloids at the moment. :flowers:

Jo of Palatine said:
Skydragon, but maybe they have ideas like that - after all their own father is quite versed in organizing pop concerts for his "prince's trust" and they certainly seemed amused the last time they attended. So it's not so way off, especially as the 10. anniversery is approaching and not only many people but the princes themselves might thing it is appropriate to do something to raise a bit of money for her fund as well, just like they do for their father's trust.

But I agree, after the fast food news we were fed these last weeks about the princes one tend to dismiss any story written by the tabloids at the moment. :flowers:

I have to say Jo, that Charles does not personally organise these event's, he has an idea and someone in his office finds someone to organise it, or someone makes a suggestion, so Charles says 'sounds OK, I'll leave it up to you then'! :lol: IMO, of course! :flowers:

If the announcement had come from CH, if it had been confirmed by CH, then I might believe that they have not been backed into a corner, to arrange a pop concert.:ermm:

I suppose it boils down to the fact, that I find it distasteful, the way it is being implied, that the princes have been lax, because they do not constantly mention their dead mother, as if the posters 'grief' is/was somehow more important because they are/were more vocal, than William or Harry.

Nobody could know the grief that family felt/feel and nothing anyone else felt or feels, could ever be comparable. I think that is worth remembering when people decide to criticize their lack of public display.

Lets wait for an official announcement before getting too excited! :flowers:

Skydragon said:
I suppose it boils down to the fact, that I find it distasteful, the way it is being implied, that the princes have been lax, because they do not constantly mention their dead mother, as if the posters 'grief' is/was somehow more important because they are/were more vocal, than William or Harry.

Seen from this Point of View, I totally agree! It is distasteful, but so are the tabloids. It's their way to present the facts, to bring their readers into an opposition towards the people features, so that the tabloid could act out a position of negociator. It's their try to get power through using the powerless against the powerful. And it really is sad to see that even 10 years after her death Diana is still used as a means to confront people rather than united them...:flowers:

You're right: noone seems to think of the feelings of these boys and take them into account (saying that after emerging from tucking in an adolescent boy who lost his Dad when he was only 6... There is hidden grief there and there is with the princes, lots and lots of it, no doubt about that!)

Jo of Palatine said:
You're right: noone seems to think of the feelings of these boys and take them into account (saying that after emerging from tucking in an adolescent boy who lost his Dad when he was only 6... There is hidden grief there and there is with the princes, lots and lots of it, no doubt about that!)

I'm sure that Charles like you, guides and comforts his sons. :flowers: I too speak with the experience of young children losing a father and then losing their brother. In this me, me, me society we seem to live in, the feelings of the people that matter the most, are pushed aside, IMO.

i know i addressed this in another thread but can't find it and can't remember what i said so i'll repost here.

i agree with skydragon. grieving and rememberance are so very personal. some people choose to do it publicly and some privately. i can't for the life of me imagine the boys not remembering their mother or grieving for her. the press and public have really put them in the worst situation with all this.

I hate article like these, pressuring William to propose. I hope he is able to ignore them and do whatever his heart says. The article says he is stubborn about this so I guess thats a good thing.

On Good Morning America they had shown some pictures of Kate and William on holiday at the Carribeans. is there any pictures?any info on that?

In America, we have a magazine called "People" and on its cover this week is Wills and Kate with the headline: Will He Propose. It comes out on Friday...I can't wait!

Speaking out

New technology has given the average soldier what they have never had before - a voice. But how have their gripes and grumbles been aired before and what do the changes mean?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6159061.stm

If you are in a hurry, rush down to the last two paragraphs! :ROFLMAO:

the queen will be in the william's graduation in december, 5?

corazon said:
the queen will be in the william's graduation in december, 5?

I think so the queen will be there on Dec 15th not 5th...

Skydragon said:
Speaking out

New technology has given the average soldier what they have never had before - a voice. But how have their gripes and grumbles been aired before and what do the changes mean?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6159061.stm

If you are in a hurry, rush down to the last two paragraphs! :ROFLMAO:

I didn't realize that Harry could graduate from Sandhurst TWICE! :bang: :ROFLMAO:

With all the ridiculous proposal news I hope in the end that whatever transpires William does truly love and understand Catherine and she him. After the odyssey of his parents marriage it would be poetic cruelty if anything of the sort happened to his marriage. Nor should he be pressured into early marriage. That would be history rearing its ugly head would it not?

i would get that magazine and i will read what comment says if William ready for married to Kate Middleton or wait

Skydragon said:
How NOT to hold the baby: William's hug 'was health risk'

It was the heartwarming image which showed the world Prince William had inherited his mother's gentle touch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=419708&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

Isn't it the nursing staff's responsibility to tell him the proper way ahead of time instead of coming up with an insulting poster afterward? Oh, right, it's the media and the royals, and we know how that always turns out.

To be fair to him, how many babies has he had to hold? When my cousin was born I hadn't a clue. Now 2 years on I'm quite efficient when it comes to babies. It's something you learn and they should have briefed William on exactly how to hold the baby before landing him with it.

He is a godfather to at least one child. I'm sure he got to hold the baby before opening that hospital wing.

His godson (I think it's one of Prince Pavlos children) was a lot bigger when he hold him at his christening than the newborn that he craddle in the hospital. Again, it seems very unfair to critizise him since there was obviously some medical staff around to tell him what to do. In the article they even put in that "At first he was apprehensive because she was barely bigger than his hand, but staff reassured him and he appeared completely at ease with the youngster in his arms." and even the baby's mother said "I remember he washed his hands before he held her. He was very generous and good fun. I didn't think anything was wrong at the time." And last but not least a spokeswoman for St Mary's Hospital said stringent guidelines were followed when Prince William visited to open a new neo-natal unit at the hospital.
She said: "He took off his watch and he used hand gel moving around the ward and he rolled up his sleeves when he was doing this. The chair was positioned where it was because it was a small area and it was the best available space at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom