Prince William and His Work as a Helicopter Pilot

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am convinced that miss whirley, Osipi and Skippyboo need to submit their resumes and applications to the DM IMMEDIATELY!!! Cuz what you're writing is far more entertaining than what they churn out!!!

The Daily Mail will just steal it from the Internet. ? That's why the spend for so many photos to distract from the what they actually write in the article.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

"Willsy better not be flying this thing." Willsy!

Apparently it's too difficult to look up the mission report on EEEA's website, which provides the name of the CCP who was in the helicopter. (and who was in photos)

Anglia Two was tasked to a male in his thirties who was injured by a large tree branch whilst at work, landing in a field near to the scene at 13:05. EAAA medics, Dr Sarah McNeilly and CCP Rob Riches treated the patient for a suspected pelvis fracture. They gave the patient a full assessment and*splinted the injury before airlifting him to Addenbrookes Hospital.

A classic by the DM. It asks the question in the headline and we get the answer in the last line of a lengthy article
Yes, a true classic by DM.
William has been criticised for being 'work-shy' in past few months
Has he? It was the press and not the so-called experts who came up with that stupid work-shy thing. The experts have actually defended him live on UK television.

Well, I obviously missed something. I don't remember BP, KP or EAAA stating that William would be flying with his RPO and since he obviously is, it changes the whole situation. Perhaps William donating his salary to EAAA covers the extra seat used when he's flying.

Okay, I am just being facetious but the whole idea of Williams flying takes on a whole new look. Does EAAA allow their helicopters to routinely fly into dangerous situations other than weather and conditions? Do the RPG expect assassins to be hiding behind rocks or up trees in the wop-wops waiting for a rescue chopper on the off-chance that William would be on the crew?

What a waste.

Well, I obviously missed something. I don't remember BP, KP or EAAA stating that William would be flying with his RPO and since he obviously is, it changes the whole situation. Perhaps William donating his salary to EAAA covers the extra seat used when he's flying.

Okay, I am just being facetious but the whole idea of Williams flying takes on a whole new look. Does EAAA allow their helicopters to routinely fly into dangerous situations other than weather and conditions? Do the RPG expect assassins to be hiding behind rocks or up trees in the wop-wops waiting for a rescue chopper on the off-chance that William would be on the crew?

What a waste.

From my experience here, first and foremost priority is the safety of the rescue crew going into a scene. A lot of times in certain situations here such as a domestic violence scene with a loaded weapon, they've been told to hold back until the "guys with the guns" gets there first to secure the scene. As the calls come in from dispatch, the crew is informed of the nature of the emergency, location and any other pertinent information needed. I don't think they would ever go into a scene blindly.

One thing that's obvious to me in this situation is that William's RPO must have had valid certification to assist the rescue crew in this situation. Its imperative that all that do anything in regards to an injury have the proper certification as if they don't and things go wrong, its a prime case for a lawsuit.

Whenever William sets foot outside KP or AH or other royal residences he is accompanied by his RPO - standard operating procedure for such a senior royal. Same goes for Charles, Camilla, Kate, Harry, Andrew, Edward, Anne, George, Charlotte, The Queen and Philip. The others only when on official duties. Andrew, Edward and Anne will probably be put on the second string of security in Charles' reign and Harry in William's.

What a waste.

The police on the ground would deal with any risk - domestic violence, bomb threat etc. the RPOs job is to look after William. Good example was the recent need to fly to a prison - that has its risks.

What I don't understand is the sentence I've highlighted. Waste of what?

I agree with Osipi that the RPO will have had some training - probably to the same level as William.

Also - is there confirmation that the report is true?

Prince Harry had protection officers with him at Camp Bastion. Even though the army had to provide extra soldiers from the Special Air Service to guard him, Harry's own SO14 officers went with him. Had to undertake basic military training at tax-payer expense and be put up in barracks.

Seems like overkill to me but obviously the RPOs were needed. Same with William

His rpo isn't taking up any space and is obviously allowed to be doing what he's doing. The Civil Aviation Authority just doesn't through out the rules because it's William

:previous: It is also the decision of the security services whether or not protection is required.

I'm sure that they would rather not have them there but better to be safe than sorry.

People/members here who don't like William will wrongly say, it's a waste. People who like him (as I do) and others will rightly say, what's the problem.
A spokesman for East Anglian Air Ambulance said it was ‘absolutely not’ true that a paramedic would have been sacrificed to make space for the Prince’s protection officer.

:previous: I must say I am saddened to see the usual old "shoot the messenger" replies.
members here who don't like William will wrongly say, it's a waste
I neither like nor dislike William. I like that he's a hands-on dad and loathe the way he pouts at the press. Both feelings are valid and have nothing whatsoever to do with the matter under discussion, namely Willam flying with an RPO

I find it amazing that it has never been announced that he would be flying with an RPO, a situation that I find more than a little puzzling. To throw Harry's situation flying in the theatre of war into the discussion to muddy the waters is pointless as battlefield situations and civilian rescue flying in the UK are hardly the same thing.

As to the rights and wrongs of the situation, I am sure more information will become known to enable people to assess and either validate or negate their position on this matter. Not everyone is hating on William, nor are they fawning on him either!

:previous: I must say I am saddened to see the usual old "shoot the messenger" replies. I neither like nor dislike William. I like that he's a hands-on dad and loathe the way he pouts at the press. Both feelings are valid and have nothing whatsoever to do with the matter under discussion, namely Willam flying with an RPO

I find it amazing that it has never been announced that he would be flying with an RPO, a situation that I find more than a little puzzling. To throw Harry's situation flying in the theatre of war into the discussion to muddy the waters is pointless as battlefield situations and civilian rescue flying in the UK are hardly the same thing.

As to the rights and wrongs of the situation, I am sure more information will become known to enable people to assess and either validate or negate their position on this matter. Not everyone is hating on William, nor are they fawning on him either!

And I loathe the way the press treats William, but my post was not meant to you personally although I used the same words as you. I just says that I see a tendency on this forum that those who don't like William is criticizing him for everything he does and not does.

Last edited:
They don't announce the security measures ahead of time. There are crazies in the uk. In addition to terrorist, there are people will unhealthy obsession with the royals. Last year a guy got arrested and convicted for plotting to kill William and Charles to put Harry on the throne because he was bullied as a ginger. If requirement by the Home Office is the RPOs when the Royal is outside a secured location, then the RPO is there whether he in a helicopter or eating at a restaurant. The EAAA said that the RPO isn't preventing a paramedic from flying.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Alhough I don't agree on manay things and choices regarding William, I don't see the issue of security personel with him. I don't know what the big deal is...

See, it's not tru that posters writing negative stuff on William always criticize him, no matter what. Just saying:whistling:

Alhough I don't agree on manay things and choices regarding William, I don't see the issue of security personel with him. I don't know what the big deal is...

See, it's not tru that posters writing negative stuff on William always criticize him, no matter what. Just saying:whistling:

I don't know what the big deal is either. And I fully respect that you and others don't agree with many things and choices regarding William, but there are posters here who never have something positive to say about William and it's likely that they will criticize this as well.

I don't know what the big deal is either. And I fully respect that you and others don't agree with many things and choices regarding William, but there are posters here who never have something positive to say about William and it's likely that they will criticize this as well.

Thank you:flowers: My comment was a general response as some seem to think that one who criticizes William won't give him credit when it's due. I don't even make comparisons with Harry just to praise William in lack of arguments. :whistling:I wholeheartedly disagree with his decisions and think he is bad at his role as future king, but I'll repeat it, it's natural for him to have a RPO everywhere, and I thought it was already clear that he would have protection on his work.:flowers:

Look who dropped in for sports day! Prince William makes impromptu visit to a primary school after landing air ambulance on playing field during emergency callout to injured woman next do. Prince William, 33, lands on school's playing field to pick up patient

The woman lives close to Kingsfleet Primary School in Felixstowe, Suffolk
He introduced himself as 'Prince William' and seemed 'very calm' The future King apologised for disrupting the children's sports day

A children's sports day was interrupted when an air ambulance made an emergency landing on the school's field - which was being flown by Prince William.

The future King, 33, landed the yellow vehicle 'safely' and quickly disembarked to explain to teachers why he used their field as a place to land.

He was very 'apologetic' for disrupting the children's sports day at the Kingsfleet Primary School in Felixstowe, Suffolk, and even said to one teacher: 'Hello, I'm Prince William' before waving to the crowd.

The Duke of Cambridge received the call to fly the helicopter from Cambridge after a woman in her 70s sustained 'badly broken bones' after falling from her loft near the primary school.

She was moved from an ambulance to the Anglia Two helicopter after it left Cambridge yesterday afternoon.

Pupils in years three to six at the school had just finished the last event when the helicopter was spotted in the sky.

They had 'no idea' that it was going to land and the medal presentation - which had been scheduled to take place outside - was then carried out inside the school.

Rebecca McCarthy, the school's deputy headteacher, said the future King landed on the field and was very 'apologetic' for interrupting the sports day.

She told MailOnline: 'There was a call put into the ambulance service from someone who lives nearby when we were coming to the end of our sports day.

'The children became excited because there was this huge yellow helicopter flying over the sports
Read more: Look who dropped in for sports day! Prince William makes impromptu visit to a primary school after landing air ambulance on playing field during emergency callout to injured woman next door* | Daily Mail Online

Haha, it's darling that he thinks a helicopter landing would be disrupting. Ofc it would be, but imagine how cool it's for the kids!!

East Anglian Air Ambulance pilot and future king Prince William was called away to an emergency near a King’s Lynn school on Wednesday morning just before the Queen was set to open the new air ambulance base at Cambridge airport.

The Duke of Cambridge and was deployed to an emergency in King’s Lynn less than an hour before the Queen was due to arrive for the opening of the new base.

The helicopter however made it back just in time and Prince William was able to greet his grandmother.
Read more:Prince William called away to emergency in King’s Lynn while Queen opens new air ambulance base - News - Eastern Daily Press

As we read about Harry's full involvement with conservation and preservation of animals in Africa and how he's devoting 150% of his energy to it, I think I would also go as far as to put this same meaning into the work that William is doing with his job with EAAA. It is definitely not fun and games and "playing pilot" and takes an extreme amount of mental focus and the ability to make split second decisions that can mean the difference between life and death. Its also an area where professionals witness and see things that they really wish they didn't have to see and need to push it to the back of the mind and focus on the task at hand and get the job done. This is why debriefing after something serious has happened is all important.

There's not many in this world that would take on this profession willingly and I really do admire William for wanting to devote his time and energy in service to his country and its people this way.

As we read about Harry's full involvement with conservation and preservation of animals in Africa and how he's devoting 150% of his energy to it, I think I would also go as far as to put this same meaning into the work that William is doing with his job with EAAA. It is definitely not fun and games and "playing pilot" and takes an extreme amount of mental focus and the ability to make split second decisions that can mean the difference between life and death. Its also an area where professionals witness and see things that they really wish they didn't have to see and need to push it to the back of the mind and focus on the task at hand and get the job done. This is why debriefing after something serious has happened is all important.

There's not many in this world that would take on this profession willingly and I really do admire William for wanting to devote his time and energy in service to his country and its people this way.

I completely agree with you. I think it is admirable that he has taken on this job.

This is the moment Prince William landed at a stabbing incident in his air ambulance.

The royal was seen arriving at Letchworth, Hertfordshire in his East of England Air Ambulance yesterday afternoon as shocked onlookers gathered to watch.

He had been called out to attend the incident following reports that a man had been stabbed on a residential estate.

Pictures show the prince sitting in the cockpit after the helicopter landed in a field.

Jordan Hamill, 19, streamed a live video of the Duke of Cambridge on Facebook.

He said: 'I had just finished work and my friend phoned me and said what had happened and I just ran over there.

'At first I didn't know it was him, but then everyone kept saying Prince William was there
Read more: Prince William called out to a stabbing in his Air Ambulance* | Daily Mail Online

Back
Top Bottom