Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious. How good is his German?

his prononciation is very good indeed: I imagine he had help with the 'der, die and das'; not to mention the 'dem, den and des', but what he said was very easy to follow. Bravo Hochheit!

All his paternal Aunts married German citizens and I guess it was an early "easy" learn because if I remember correctly (and I very well may not) his father also speaks German. Nice to hear that he has kept up his languages such as Welsh, French and of course, German. I guess he's probably a bit rusty all round and polishes it up when required.

All his paternal Aunts married German citizens and I guess it was an early "easy" learn because if I remember correctly (and I very well may not) his father also speaks German. Nice to hear that he has kept up his languages such as Welsh, French and of course, German. I guess he's probably a bit rusty all round and polishes it up when required.
He said in his speech that he first visited Germany when he was 13 and in official capacity since about 50 years...

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended a service in celebration of the 800th anniversary of the foundation of Salisbury Cathedral today, December 7:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
I really do feel for them, having to go out after a day like yesterday!

The Prince has quote Seamus Heaney several times in the past and did meet his widow back in 2017.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are in Northern Island today and tmrw on on official visit.

Its a jammed packed 2 day visit, the Prince was told earlier that it never rains in South Armagh only minutes before a heavy downpour!

The duchess has a nice visit to a silversmith workshop during the tour of Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.

I don't think I even knew they were going to NI. Was it announced, I imagine there were some security concerns due to recent tension.

I love the visit to the shipyards and the silversmith, both very interesting. I love it when crafts are still passed down in families.

I agree that it's wonderful to see these crafts being taught to the next generation. Good to see the BRF is venturing out on more in-person visits in recent weeks.

I don't think I even knew they were going to NI. Was it announced, I imagine there were some security concerns due to recent tension.

I love the visit to the shipyards and the silversmith, both very interesting. I love it when crafts are still passed down in families.

Yes was thinking the same as there was virtually nothing about the visit until after the royal couple arrived.
Tensions are very high in Northern Ireland possibly the worst in decades.

Royal visits to Northern Ireland are hardly ever announced in advance, so nothing's changed. Poor Charles - the weather has been mad everywhere lately!

Royal visits to Northern Ireland are never announced in advance.

I remember in the lead up to the 100th anniversary of both the start and the armistice at the end of WWI it was announced which members of the family were going to be where except that Andrew wasn't announced as going anywhere and no one was going to be in Northern Ireland. It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Andrew was going to Northern Ireland, which he did.

Even the Queen's visits to Northern Ireland aren't announced in advance.

Normally Charles and Camilla do a tour of the Republic and Northern Ireland during the one week two or three days in both areas but with no announcement of a visit to the Republic I assume that either that isn't happening this year or will happen later in the year and they are separating the two visits this year.

I was really annoyed with the morning TV show I watch in Australia today as along the bottom they ran a story that Charles and Camilla were visiting Northern Ireland but they didn't actually run the story as a visual - they simply don't rate a mention down here. Sad that our future King is visiting Northern Ireland but the TV channels don't cover it.

From their IG it looks like they've visited a lot of different places yesterday and today including the market above, the Rifles, a national park and a vulnerable women's centre for Camilla's campaign against domestic abuse.

Busy visit.

https://www.instagram.com/clarencehouse/

Last edited:
Normally Charles and Camilla do a tour of the Republic and Northern Ireland during the one week two or three days in both areas but with no announcement of a visit to the Republic I assume that either that isn't happening this year or will happen later in the year and they are separating the two visits this year.
Hopefully wee'll see the Prince and Duchess here next year on a visit.

It’s nice they’re able to get out more now.

I love that the Women's Shelter have started the Camilla Club - a book club inspired by the Duchess of Cornwall's Reading Room. I'm Camilla is proud to see that her interest in reading has inspired this venture.

A great merging of two of her passions.

I am glad they have been able to get this mini-tour done, and get another one or two done before the summer break. It means so much to a lot, but more than that, indicates the return to some degree of normality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom