Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 24: May-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The veg was grown by youngsters at an allotment scheme -
"The 1940s-themed Dig For Victory allotment, a joint project between The Royal Parks and the Cabinet War Rooms, to show how easy it is to grow your own fruit and vegetables even in the heart of a city. The project is entirely staffed by volunteers, many of whom are local schoolchildren, who have turned their hands to crops including potatoes, carrots, cabbages, onions, marrows, courgettes and beetroot".

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
This publication makes me laugh, take this little remark -
Fortunately Camilla was able to put on one of those 'thank you so much - it's what I have always wanted' smiles perfected by the Royal Family - Are they really telling us that the pictures of Charles and Camilla laughing are the 'smiles perfected by the Royal Family'. :rolleyes: :whistling:
or how about - Like many women she looked slightly embarrassed by stream of well-wishers making constant references to her age - I missed those pictures as well and perhaps someone should tell the author that there is no embarrassment at being congratulated on reaching 61, normally it is immense pride or relief! :ROFLMAO:

What's more in the actual newspaper edition (as opposed to the on-line edition - yes they are different) they not only edited out all the references to well-wishers & the impromptu walkabout amongst the crowds on the walk back to Clarence House but also neglected to print any of the photos of Charles and Camilla smiling & laughing with each other! They simply printed 1 photo of Camilla cropped to edit out Prince Charles.:bang:

And before you ask no I didn't buy a copy of the DM - I read it in the library. I have no intention of adding to the profits of the DM or the editor's bonuses. The editor - Paul Dacre - already receives almost £1.5million which is way too much IMO.

And before you ask no I didn't buy a copy of the DM - I read it in the library. I have no intention of adding to the profits of the DM or the editor's bonuses.
:ROFLMAO: I know the actual paper is worse than the online edition. Our housekeeper gives me her old copies of The Mail & it's Sunday edition and sometimes I catch a glimpse of some of the stories. I have no idea why she buys it but I put it to good use, wrapping any chick guts in before putting in the bin! :ROFLMAO:

^Shoot, aren't all newspapers used for such purposes, skydragon? :D I don't buy newspapers because it's a waste of money. Even if you don't get every article, you can get plenty of news, more than you need or want, online, and newspapers being printing only wastes paper and ink, valuable resources. :bang:

I didn't come online yesterday though so I am just seeing the news for Camilla's birthday. So she received the biggest cabbage ever grown and a yummy carrot cake. Charles seemed rather scared of the cake, no? :D But anyway, the cake was so beautiful~ The "carrots" look real.

Last edited:
or how about - Like many women she looked slightly embarrassed by stream of well-wishers making constant references to her age - I missed those pictures as well and perhaps someone should tell the author that there is no embarrassment at being congratulated on reaching 61, normally it is immense pride or relief! :ROFLMAO:

I think it would be totally normal if Camilla were embarrassed about being 61, although I also think you could be totally right and she is fine with her age. My mother is 61 and won't let anyone know her age...I'm forbidden to mention it (I hope the internet where no one knows her doesn't "count"!) I agree that many women have no problem accepting the fact that they're not young anymore and see each year as a blessing. But I wouldn't say a different reaction isn't "normal."

In any case Camilla has a lot to be thankful for and it looks like she had a great birthday.

Different women probably do react in different ways. None of my 60+ friends were or are at all worried about revealing their age. I know one man who got very, very depressed before his 40th and another who seemed suicidal at the thought of turning 50! :ohmy:

However, none of the pictures in the Mail supported their statement that she was embarrassed by the constant reference by well wishers to her age. :flowers:

Does anybody know when C&C are off to Scotland? Its getting to that time of year

I like Camilla's outfit too! I wonder though if she will EVER change her hairstyle! :ROFLMAO:

I like Camilla's outfit too! I wonder though if she will EVER change her hairstyle!
I shouldn't think so, she has a style she is happy with, so why should we expect her to? :wub:

Most women, IMO, by the time they reach their 40's-50's have found the look they want, it tends to be the youngsters who are still searching.:flowers:

Seems the good Major is hard at work already: I found this on a forum:

Support Our Soldiers Forum

"Prince Charles expresses support for SOS

I have just received a very nice letter from Prince Charles' office. This is an extract. Major Will Mackinlay writes:

"The Prince of Wales has asked me to thank you for your kind letter of 26th June. He also wanted to express his gratitude to you and all your colleagues who are working for the charity, 'Support our Soldiers'.

As a serving soldier I know how wonderful it is to receive a parcel when you are on operations overseas and I know how much our servicemen and women appreciate the work that organisations such as yours carry out."

Seems that the Major is really a nice person to add something personal to such a letter, which made it even more precious to the people who received it.

Seems that the Major is really a nice person to add something personal to such a letter, which made it even more precious to the people who received it.
Manners maketh the man! :flowers:

I just saw a lovley clip on the royal channel
Thier highnesses were celebrating the duchesses birthday at an allotment in st james park.
Very nice.

Royal walkabout delight at Sandringham Flower Show
July 30

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall received a warm welcome from the crowds - and the weather - as they visited the Sandringham Flower Show today.

EDP24 - Royal walkabout delight at Sandringham Flower Show

(Every year again ) nice pics from the event:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Thank you for those milla Ca. :flowers: They really seemed to be enjoying themselves, but I expect they were both very hot!

Thank you for those milla Ca. :flowers: They really seemed to be enjoying themselves, but I expect they were both very hot!
Yes, it's readily apparent they are going to divorce any time soon! :lol:
Oh she looks lovely in white!
They just look like they "fit". You know?

from yesterday evening:

Prince and Duchess grace Salle church

July 31
To many it was just a mild summer's evening in the gentle surroundings of Salle, but for Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, the main guests of a unique concert organised in the 15th century Church of St Peter and St Paul, the evening was particularly significant.

North Norfolk News - Prince and Duchess grace Salle church

Charles and Camilla visit Southwold, Suffolk
July 31

Fotobanka isifa image service

Fotobanka isifa image service

A "carbon neutral beer" - what is that? Beer without carbonic acid? :D Poor dears! The things they do for Britain!

Environmentally friendly - i.e. minimal carbon footprint.

Quite funny to read that the Duchess bought a 50p raffle ticket for a chance to win her mother-in-law's coffee cups! :lol:

All in all, they look very happy and genuinely enjoying themselves. Seems like Camilla has got the wardrobe from the trip to the Caribbean out

Now, how many middle aged ladies could show up in a ruffled dress with a pearl necklace, a wristwatch with a leather strap drinking beer in broad daylight with a little tummy bulge and look that happy next to a very happy looking man? She pulled it together.......atta girl Duchess!!!!!!!!!!

Quite funny to read that the Duchess bought a 50p raffle ticket for a chance to win her mother-in-law's coffee cups! :lol:
That's not so bad, I was 'encouraged' to buy raffle tickets for items I had donated! :whistling:
--------------------------------
The first ever pub to benefit from the Pub is the Hub initiative received a boost in trade yesterday thanks to a royal visit.
Prince Charles, patron of Pub is the Hub, and the Duchess of Cornwall dropped in to the White Hart Inn, in Blythburgh, Suffolk, where the village shop is run on the same site as the pub

The Publican - Home - Prince Charles visits first ever Pub is the Hub project

No doubt about it, Camilla grows on one. She looked very nice and happy in those pictures and she has a lovely smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom