Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 2: August 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says:

Will the love survive the long separation
Carl Philip leaves Emma

And inside they don't say that they've broken up, but they are wondering if their relationship will cope with him going to spend some time in Washington DC this autumn, and her staying in Stockholm... They also write that there was some kind of "incident" (quarrel) at Solliden this past summer, but that they apparently worked it out.

article

Thank you very much GrandDuchess. I hope they stay together because they are so cut.

Well at least the quarrel wasn't over something stupid like fighting over a pet or whatever but that can be possiable too.

This past Saturday, 9 September, Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend Emma attended the wedding of Oscar Kylberg (34) and Helena Nilsson (29) in the Grimeton Church outside Varberg in Halland County. The wedding reception was held in The State Room of Varberg's Fortress.

The bridegroom is the Creative Director of Bringiton AB, and was Prince Carl Philip's instructor/mentor when he did a traineeship at the company during his education in graphic design at the Forsberg School.

Pictures by Annika Karlbom, Hallands Nyheter.

Is Emma older than Carl Phillip? Please forgive my ignorance...;)

Nop, he was born in May 13, 1979 and she in 1980 I dunno the exact day, but she looks a bit older. It happens a lot with couples around the same age

Last edited:
Emma seems such a sweet girl! :) I think they should get engaged soon! :p

avrilo said:
Nop, he was born in May 13, 1979 and she in 1980 I dunno the exact day, but she looks a bit older. It happens a lot with couples around the same age
No Emma was born in November 1979 so they are the same age, Emma is just a few months younger

But I agree, she does looks a little bit older than Carl Philip :)

Yennie said:
But I agree, she does looks a little bit older than Carl Philip :)

Maybe it is, because he looks, like a little boy playing captain with this cap :rolleyes: Yes, I know, it´s tradition and he has worked hard for it (probably the military was the hardest thing, he had to manage in his life...), but I´d wish he would drop it for (private) weddings :wacko:

Other than that I´m pleased to see, how natural they look with each other. Emma doesn´t seem to have problems with the cameras and they seem comfortable in each others company (in the opposite to e.g. skippers big sis´ and her bf :rolleyes: )

I agree she usually seems to take the attention very smoothly, she smiles natural, is very unposed and focuses on the guests instead of the camera. She rarely looks annoyed or stiff. Actually I would say she is more natural around the cameras than Victoria is sometimes, not to talk about Daniel, but maybe because the focus and interest on her is not that big. She is dating the, in the eyes of the press, least interesting of the siblings. IMO she looks more and more like Silvia everytime I see her, very sweet and pretty, her sailor still looks 16, no wonder she looks older:lol: .

Thanks for the pics! I really like the second one on the top. Its nice to see pics of them together.;)

Did CP borrow the glasses of his future brother-in-law? :ohmy:

Oh, please, I had to do a double take. I seriously thought it was Daniel. Ok, so maybe not, but still, the glasses didn't look good on CP.

What happened to Carl Philip?! Daniel should be taking fashion advice from CP not the other way around!

It always seems to me very lucky for Sweden that the succession law was changed and that Victoria is CPss. She seems so much easier in public and very committed to public life and royal responsibilities.

Carl Philip is goodlooking, but always seems a bit uncomfortable on public occasions. Maybe it would have been different if he had been trained as CP from a small boy - who knows.

I think his girlfriend, Emma, is pleasant looking, but not overglamourous. It does seem amazing that they have been going out together for so long with no engagement - but no doubt there are reasons both personal and because he is royal. We will just have to wait and see!

Yennie said:
Busted :) Emma photographed at the wedding smoking a cigarette.
I didnt know she was a smoker...
I didn't either! Does the Prince smoke, or has he ever?

I think her feelings for Prince Carl-Philp are geniune. She does not try be all in front of the cameras she just focuses on those around her which is very hard to do when your dating a public figure. I think is pretty but the problem is that she smokes which is not good for health.Why? must people call her a golddigger just because she's not rich. Who says you have to rich to marry a prince? I don't if you really love him for him and not his title or his money you should able to marry the man you love regardless how other people feel.

Hi, I just hear that CP is going to visit USA in autumn, do somebody knows when exactly he starts his trip?
And is it really possible that Emma and CP have quarrel about that, I don´t hope this will be a reason to break the relationship, many other couple have overcame such a separation.

They're most likely stay together since its only for a couple of monthes and she'll probably visit him so it's really not that big of a problem. Doeasn't the saying go that "Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

Carl Philip wont live in the US, but he will travel alot, both to the states and other countries.
As someone said, I think they have a relationship strong enough to handle that

Does anyone know what languages...besides english and sweedish does CP speak¿

I posted it in the correct forum, but they switch to harry :( I thought trying here

kaydura0717 said:
He speaks german also.
But not very good. I heard him in an interview once and he said one sentence (it was wrong, too). It sounded very cute though!
Silvia didn´t speak German to her children, so it is no wonder Carl Philip doesn´t speak German well.

Helen88 said:
But not very good. I heard him in an interview once and he said one sentence (it was wrong, too). It sounded very cute though!
Silvia didn´t speak German to her children, so it is no wonder Carl Philip doesn´t speak German well.
I´ve never heard him speak german, but I know that he and his sisters got special education in the german language when they were little so that they could talk to their german relatives

but perhaps he has forgotten it all :)

Yennie said:
I´ve never heard him speak german, but I know that he and his sisters got special education in the german language when they were little so that they could talk to their german relatives

but perhaps he has forgotten it all :)

I think to make a little lesson here and there is hardly working with little children. Either they don´t learn it at all or they forget it. Once Silvia said, that a child psychologist told her, that it´s quite confusing and bad for little children to grow up with two languages. Esp. if a close relative (so mum or dad) does speak in 2 languages with them. I don´t share her opinion...but I can see, that it wouldn´t have helped Silvia much to speak German with her children, while she was still learning Swedish (after all she got directly pregnant...and not 5 years after the wedding) However I think, it was a missed chance. As I got it, Silvia and Carl Gustaf set full on nannies...if one of them would have been German, they would have had a good chance to be good in both, German and Swedish. Of course English is these days more important, but considering the many German speaking relatives the Royal family has (also on the paternal side!), it would have been great, if they would have put more weight on German.
Of course it could also be, that Carl Philip has simply not gotten a talent for speaking (different) languages. Neither his English, nor his Swedish is extraordinary great...to say it the kindest way.
I really wonder, how Madeleine´s German is...and if she´s also dyslectic like Carl Philip and Victoria. In articles it sometimes says, that all 3 children were/are affected, in some it says only Victoria and Carl Philip. Maybe Madeleine isn´t very much into confession and openness or she simply had the luck to slip it...or to profit from the experiences her sibling made...since the court never made an announcement (well, why should they) we will probably never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom