Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've listed them in order of succession w/their spouses; that's why I'm surprised that the Wessexes are listed before the Andrew.

But the Kents (other than the Duke) are not listed at all.

But the Kents (other than the Duke) are not listed at all.

I suppose they made that the cut off point, because even on the same page for the succession list, they stopped at #18; they didn't include the Gloucesters or the Kents.

Why should the DoY be looking "sheepish" and "abashed" after walking his blameless daughter down the aisle at her wedding?

As her father it was his obligation and his right.

Andrew is too arrogant and stupid to be "sheepish" or abashed. He should feel it but he wotn.

I don't think its up to us to decide how Andrew should act, think and feel. We're not him. Only person that can tell me how I should be is the person I meet in the mirror. ;)

Reactions: JSH
He’s literally driving from one place to another, I mean bottom of the barrel reporting or what.

What gets me is I though the Windsor estate was more private so how is he being papped every time he leaves?

What gets me is I though the Windsor estate was more private so how is he being papped every time he leaves?

Because he’s leaving onto public roads, same reason The Queen and Prince Philip were papped going to and from Beatrices’ wedding on Friday.

Yesterday, July 22, the Duke of York was seen driving from Windsor Castle after a morning out riding:

** rex gallery **

Well... now we know how low Andrew has gone. He's right on the same line of Lady Kitty being spotted at a fashion show. The man rides in a car! Imagine that! :lol:

Well... now we know how low Andrew has gone. He's right on the same line of Lady Kitty being spotted at a fashion show. The man rides in a car! Imagine that! :lol:

And he was only seen for the third time since his daughter's wedding a week ago :ermm: What's the story?

Snubbed? Has anybody seen a photo of the whole guests but then without Andrew?
Why do people buy this paper? But since Covid even blogs have gone that far showing nothing and blowing it up as something- horrible. Even "royals" never seen before make headlines. I wonder what the mags are writing at the moment (don't buy any) .
so Andrew was in a car-unbelievable!

well that's likley all we will see of him for a long time, his occasionally being seen driving somewhere. His working life is hopefully over...

When the tabloids publish photos of someone's mundane events to this extent, it's usually because they have something simmering on the back burner, ready to serve. It could be a hot dish about to be uncovered or a confection of gossip but either way, they're stirring the pot.

When the tabloids publish photos of someone's mundane events to this extent, it's usually because they have something simmering on the back burner, ready to serve. It could be a hot dish about to be uncovered or a confection of gossip but either way, they're stirring the pot.
Perhaps, but how many hundred photos have we seen of Pippa walking/pushing a stroller/bicycling down the street?
Right now the Royals aren’t out & about much, so Andrew spotted in a car it is lol.

Opps! I hope we shall know what's in those papers.

Perhaps, but how many hundred photos have we seen of Pippa walking/pushing a stroller/bicycling down the street?
Right now the Royals aren’t out & about much, so Andrew spotted in a car it is lol.

True but photos of Pippa must be worth buying because a lot of people are interested in what she's wearing or what sort of buggy she's using etc. so they provide the clicks that generates the advertising revenue.

With someone like Andrew, a few headshots while driving don't have any clickable worth so the value of them would be in keeping a story ticking over prior to the next revelation, which in this case, could be imminent.

He is wearing a mask, just like everybody who is out in public, maybe he is on his way for a visit to see his mother the Queen. I don't believe he was at Balmoral over the summer.

Did Princess Beatrice accompany her father to visit her grandparents at Balmoral?

Neil Henderson (BBC Newsdesk and Planning editor) has tweeted out front page of The Sunday Times, where at the bottom third of the page, it has the "heading": Prince Andrew plots his return to royal duties. Unfortunately, the words in the content are too small to read.

Roya Nikkhah (Royal Correspondent for The Sunday Times) has retweeted Neil Henderson tweet with
Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
EXCLUSIVE The Duke of York breaks his silence, signalling he intends to “serve his country” and “support the monarchy” in a future “public role”. Prince Andrew hopes for a return to public life. The royal family, however, has other ideas. Full story in tomorrow’s
@thesundaytimes
9:10 AM · Oct 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

The Duke of York intends to return to public duties and “serve his country” again, claiming he has the Queen and the royal family’s backing.

Prince Andrew, 60, who stepped back from official duties a year ago over his friendship with the convicted American paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, is determined to “support the monarchy” and resume a “public role”.

“He’s very sensitive to the public mood and acutely conscious that the public are the most important stakeholder. He feels he has support from the family, very much so, including all his siblings and his parents.”

Any future public role would need to be negotiated with the Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, palace officials and the government. The Queen continues to be privately supportive of Andrew, who visited her at Balmoral last month during her annual break in the Highlands. But Buckingham Palace has maintained there are “no plans to review” Andrew’s status.

A senior royal aide confirmed conversations had taken place, but stressed it was unlikely the duke would resume an “official” role. “There are family discussions about it. But while the hurdles around the Epstein case are still hanging over him, it will be difficult for him to represent the family in any capacity as his presence would overshadow the work of the monarchy. In these situations, the monarchy tends to take precedence over the family.

“The royal family is supportive of him thinking about what life might be like after issues are resolved, but the palace is not currently planning any future rebranding of his role.”

Palace aides “welcome” the duke’s new acceptance that he cannot resume his previous position as a senior working royal. “There’s finally an acknowledgement that wasn’t there before,” one said.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/prince-andrew-plots-his-return-to-royal-duties-q3zsz8m3p

Who the heck is advising him?

I think the best thing Andrew can do at this point is read a detailed account of what John Profumo did after his scandal broke and he found himself disgraced. Mr. Profumo redeemed himself to such an extent that HM The Queen was happy to sit next to him at a dinner.

I can see Andrew possibly getting involved with something down the line but I seriously doubt he'll ever be a working member of the "Firm" ever again.

The monarchy in the UK and it's "Firm" serve the people and has been not only an institution that has high standards but its also an institution that has lasted over time because it is respected.

I don't believe that *anyone* really could reach the point of respecting Andrew any time soon. His family love him and support him but I believe they're astute enough to realize that through his actions, Andrew has lost the respect and trust of the nation. When people would look at him, they'd be thinking "Epstein" and out the window goes attention on whatever Andrew is trying to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom