Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whether it's real or not I sincerely hope she makes the best of her new role. Something tells me (real or not) that's she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut and plunge herself into various charities and projects. I think she's in it for the long haul and I wish her the best of luck.
:monacoflag::castle3::fireworks:

For 'no one in the family looking happy' I've seen a ton of pictures today full of smiling faces. At the ceremony, of course, you could see some effort to not be bubbling over, it is a serious sort of moment, but as soon as they were out on the balcony the couple, the sisters, the kids -everybody was all smiles that I saw.

As for what the "reality" is; the "reality" is that unless you know the couple very personally you have no idea if they have an motivations other than romance for getting married. Albert was under no pressure to and Charlene didn't have to say "oui". Given that, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, take them at the word and, dare I say it, just look at how they appear together and from where I sit they seem like two people who are great friends who decided to marry.

I will never understand the instant negativity some people feel towards others who never did them the slightest harm. :ermm:
The people have long wanted to have a 'family' back in the palace and naturally want their Prince to be happy. If they are, I am.

Vive l'Prince! Vive l'Princesse!

:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :monacoflag2::heart::southafricaflag:

Amen totally agree with you.

New PurePeople gallery: Stephanie and her children at the concert, and Caroline and her children at the concert. There are some pics of Pierre + Beatrice and Charlotte + Alex.

It's easy to tell things just by looking at some pics, but watching at this gallery, I felt that Stephanie and her kids were very lonely. It doesn't seem that there is any link between them and Caroline and her family.

Edit: these are the first pics of Beatrice's appearance at the civil wedding that I see, and she was amazing.

I noticed that too....the apparent disconnect between Stephanie and Caroline and their children...it makes me sad for all of them. :whistling:

Caroline's and Stephanie's offspring have had vastly different upbringings..Caroline's are more "official" and more public, and more glamorous.

But in the end, family is all we have. I hope they are closer than they appear to be. :sad:

Whether it's real or not I sincerely hope she makes the best of her new role. Something tells me (real or not) that's she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut and plunge herself into various charities and projects. I think she's in it for the long haul and I wish her the best of luck.
:monacoflag::castle3::fireworks:

I completely, 100% agree. I think whatever internal struggle she had was over long before today.

I saw serenity and resolve on her face...I think she know it won't be lollipops and roses from here on in and she has accepted it.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that too....the apparent disconnect between Stephanie and Caroline and their children...it makes me sad for all of them. :whistling:

Caroline's and Stephanie's offspring have had vastly different upbringings..Caroline's are more "official" and more public, and more glamorous.

But in the end, family is all we have. I hope they are closer than they appear to be. :sad:

During the arrivals for the mass it once looked like Andrea was not talking very nicely to his aunt... It looked like he was downright rude, and he had a mean look on his face while talking to Stephanie. She turned around and shrugged :sad:

I just have to say this, I wish Albert and Charlene all the happiness in the world, although they didnt seem very happy yesterday. And I think its cruel of you to say that we are jealous just because we see this wedding diffrently!

I don't want to get into a big argument or anything, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions ofcourse. But I thought it was cruel for people to be so nasty about them on their wedding day.
I'm a huge fan of the Grimaldi's (all of them), so I really cannot stand all the nagativity towards a wedding thats meant to be full of joy and happiness. I just think it's incredibly mean-spirited.

However, if you feel personally about what I said, maybe spare a thought for Prince Albert & Princess Charlene, having so many people criticise them on their special day.

On the other hand, this new generation, Casiraghi, Ducuret, Hanover, Gotlieb... all the kids in general are a joy, a feast for the eyes... what a bunch of beautiful flowers! Yes Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to say I was really disappointed by Charlotte's outfits. I thought she'd look simply stunning but on that day her clothes were a mess. That hat hiding her face and that dress which didn't fit her. Terrible choices. I think Stephanie and Pauline looked the best on the first day.

Daisygoogles - during a civil wedding ceremony, the couple do not stand upright all the time. There are formalities to be gone through, and the couple might want to read out their favourite passages etc.

In Monaco, their way of doing things are particularly Monegasque, e.g. the ornate chairs for bride and groom.

I guess they wanted to feel comfortable amongst their friends and family.
All they needed to do in a standing position was simply the signing of the registers, and even that can be done sitting down if desired.

I have to say I was really disappointed by Charlotte's outfits. I thought she'd look simply stunning but on that day her clothes were a mess. That hat hiding her face and that dress which didn't fit her. Terrible choices. I think Stephanie and Pauline looked the best on the first day.

I agree, but she redeemed herself at the ball last night. She was completely stunning. :whistling:

^ Agree. She looked like a true princess. She out princessed the actual princesses at the gala dinner!

Did anyone notice on the photos and official video of the civil ceremony that Charlene's expression was almost like a forced open smile? For all we know, if the rumours are not true after all, then any anxiety showing on her face could be from the pressure to act as happy as possible, even if it does come across slightly fake! I wish them all the best, as I think they do love each other very much, and Charlene is a smart enough individual to make decisions for the good rather than the bad.

Monaco Hebdo:

"Un mariage civil célébré par un Monégasque" - A civil marriage celebrated by a Monegasque...

Philippe Narmino is the Director of Justice Services, and he is the first Monegasque who was able to discharge that happy duty. Until then, a French official would have done it; the Minister of State is still a Frenchman....

Un mariage civilcélébré par un Monégasque | Monaco Hebdo

I have to admit I was surprised that, at the Jarre concert, Stephanie was very jolly and friendly.
But that was before the Religious Ceremony where she let her feelings out.
I feel sorry for her ..... having to share her brother (and mainstay) with someone else.

:previous:

There is not only one way to interpret her tears at the civil and religious wedding, as it's been mentioned before
they can also be interpreted of tears of emotion as to the ceremony and tears of happiness as to the fact that
her brother has finally found his princess.

Whatever the right interpretation may be, we have to be careful to not take one of them as ultimate fact.

I don't know if anyone noticed this but on the news they showed Albert and Charlene walking out of the church. They zoomed in as Albert was saying "Won't you give me a kiss?". Just wondering if anyone else saw that.

I don't know if anyone noticed this but on the news they showed Albert and Charlene walking out of the church. They zoomed in as Albert was saying "Won't you give me a kiss?". Just wondering if anyone else saw that.
Did he really say this, did you read his lips?
I couldn't see it. He was talking a lot but I never could "read" what he was saying!
What did Charlene answer?

Smush said:
Did he really say this, did you read his lips?
I couldn't see it. He was talking a lot but I never could "read" what he was saying!
What did Charlene answer?

I can't remember what channel I saw it on but they zoomed in on Albert and it did look like he said it. Charlene put her head down, she really didn't say anything:)

I saw the wedding live on Euronews and recorded both parts of the coverage (the actual ceremony and thereafter the drive down to Monaco and the little chapel to lay the bouquet).
I can confirm (having heard the words my very self) that when Albert and Charlene came out of the little chapel, Albert asked Charlene: "Shall we give them a kiss?" Presumably because of the noise of the crowds she didn't hear him and moments later he repeated the question "Shall we give them a kiss?". At this point, Charlene blew a kiss to the crowds with her arm outstretched. Albert then said "No, I mean us!" At which point they did indeed kiss.

Yes I remember this moment but in the videos I can find the cameras are too far away.
Do you have a link please?

Last edited:
I saw the wedding live on Euronews and recorded both parts of the coverage (the actual ceremony and thereafter the drive down to Monaco and the little chapel to lay the bouquet).
I can confirm (having heard the words my very self) that when Albert and Charlene came out of the little chapel, Albert asked Charlene: "Shall we give them a kiss?" Presumably because of the noise of the crowds she didn't hear him and moments later he repeated the question "Shall we give them a kiss?". At this point, Charlene blew a kiss to the crowds with her arm outstretched. Albert then said "No, I mean us!" At which point they did indeed kiss.
yes i remember the video very nice :wub:

this parts i remeber

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Well done for posting the video Burzg!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom