Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a sad, dull event it has become. Where is Alexandra? She´s such a joyful, happy, lovely girl. She would have put a smile on children´s face I´m sure.

for you, it is a sad event because you don't see your favorite princesses Caroline and Alexandra but the children wanted to see only the christmas father and anyone else perhaps the prince and the princesse and the only thing they wanted last years and to day was the toys they would receive.
You can see that the chidren were very happy on this site
MYROYALS: PR
for me the only important thing is the happyness of the chidren , so many children are alone and unhappy in the world

I understand that they wanted to make a cut and try out something new, but nevertheless I find it
disappointing to see the Princely couple only, it's always been such a nice family event, even Princess
Alexandra had started to attend in previous years - so no, not the best idea.

I agree with you Ice. It would have been nice if Princess Alexandra and Princess Caroline (and Princess Stephanie) would have go. It's a little bit disspointing to see just Albert and Charlene. It lacks of something, imo, because it is a family event. The family has always gone together, Albert, Caroline and Stephanie. Even last year Alexandra joined.

Last edited:
:previous:

Exactly, the good old Christmas tradition - a family event :)

Melina premiere, I don't think you need to defend anyone, if some people miss something
then it's an acceptable expression of emotion.

Here are some additional pics:

** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** Billed-Bladet gallery **

** pp: Charlene et Albert de Monaco : En Mère et Père Noël pour une journée magique **

** nicematin gallery: Des bambins enchantés à l'arbre de Noël du Palais **

Pics without watermarks:

** zimbio: 'Arbre de Noel' 2011 For Monaco Children **

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene also handed out Christmas presents at the Red
Cross Headquarters in Monaco:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

...at the day nursery Notre Dame de Fatima of the Red Cross where the children presented
a little circus show inspired by the Monaco Circus Festival ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

and at the Foyer Sainte Devote:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages/wireimage gallery **

Last edited:
Great to see them not just handing out presents at the palace and for kids only :D
I love the scarf that Charlene is wearing. Finally some different colour!
On newscom there are more pictures!

Last edited:
By the way, does anyone know why the kids are receiving christmas cards or something similar, instead of gifts? (i mean, toys, etc) in the palace courtyard? The toys are only given inside the Palace?
Another thing that called my attention, is that there is a big snowman instead of the traditional christmas tree of every year.
They certainly have changed some things this year.

Last edited:
I don't have a clue. Maybe a christmas card outside and the personal gift inside?!
Charlene does have a folder, maybe there are names and gifts listed.
Maybe Stephanie and Caroline had other things to do and couldn't attend (or didn't wanna attend).
The snowman looks trashy to me. I would have loved a traditional christmas tree.

By the way, does anyone know why the kids are receiving christmas cards or something similar, instead of gifts? (i mean, toys, etc) in the palace courtyard? The toys are only given inside the Palace?
Another thing that called my attention, is that there is a big snowman instead of the traditional christmas tree of every year.

Exactly, Where's the christmas tree? There is no Christmas without Chistmas tree :lol:

On monaco matin it is said that after the photo outside the children watched a spectacle and ate a snack and chocolates in the presence of the princely couple and received their toys? You can see on the site of photos that the toys are very beautiful. On Monaco info there was a resume where we could see a christmas tree in the room where they received their toys
To day it is nice they visited a home called foyer Sainte Devote which receive children fom 13 to 18 who are alone

I like this photo, charlene is very beautiful
official Christmas ceremony at Monaco Palace fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0109339077

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably doesn't want to cut down a real tree just after the plant a billion trees conference.

Lovely to see them helping the less fortunate at this time of year as well as focusing on the children of Monaco. It's what Christmas is really all about. I would love to see pics of them attending church on Christmas Day, do we ever get to see pics of that?

They just attention the One Billion Tree Campaign to plant trees which could explain the change to the snowman.

It's not the first time, the large Christmas tree is missing ;) In 2009 for example there was a decoration
with a snow landscape and ice bears and 2010 they chose a snow landscape with snowmans and similar
items. So it's getting more diversified.

As to the cards the children were holding in their hands: they are their wish lists they deliver to Santa
Claus and the Princely Family. Of course the real wish lists have already been delivered by the parents
when they registered their kids for the event. But that's part of the Christmas miracle :)

And as to pics of the family attending the Christmas church service in Monaco, no, we haven't seen
pics like that during the last decades.

We never saw the princely family attending the christmas church service because, there is a small chapell inside the palace where the family use to attend the service every sunday when it is here of course. It was the chapel you saw at the end of the religious ceremony wedding. The prince and the princess signed the registers. It is very beautiful and we can visit it when there are the daye of the opening palace.
I agree with you ice flower, for the wishes of the children. For the tree, I saw one in the room where the children received their gifts.on the resume of the day on tv

Is it so cold in Monaco that she never left her coat ?

Is it so cold in Monaco that she never left her coat ?

It's been around a high of 15 degrees Celsius the past couple days and looking into the next couple days. The lows during the day are around 6 degrees Celsius. Personally I would be wearing a coat outside at those temperatures, especially with a dress on.

Source

I agree with you ice flower, for the wishes of the children. For the tree, I saw one in the room where the children received their gifts.on the resume of the day on tv

The tree discussion was about the outside decoration in the centre of the wonderful stairway
where the group pictures are tradionally taken..:)

Here are some more nice pics from yesterday with less watermarks,

I think, Charlene has perfectly accomplished her role as a princess during that gift marathon :)

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** purepeople: Charlene et Albert : Avec le couple princier, c'est tous les jours Noël **

** parismatch: Charlène, Albert et le Noël des enfants **

** Photos : Charlene Wittstock et Albert de Monaco : ils poursuivent leur tournée de Noël avec élégance ! **

** hellomagazine: Albert and Charlene play Santa for excited youngsters **

** Hola: Mónaco, Bélgica, Noruega... La Navidad entra en palacio **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's also a nice one, melina premiere, quite often those behind the scenes pics
and the spontaneous ones are the best.

I've scanned in some pics from the Nepal visit and read an article about it in German Bunte,
it mainly concentrated on the charity projects themselves and how the couple spent the
visit there, which I found an appropriate coverage.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

These three pics are my all-time favorite thus far of Prince Albert with his lovely wife Princess Charlene. So natural, relaxed, at ease. In fact when I saw them it instantly brought to mind these ones:

Diana Charles Honeymoon 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

curious graffiti

kg09

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/32...374B7F5F53F4914B7DCB11ADBEA0F688C6CDC44E04CDD

http://static.bbc.co.uk/wwtravel/img/ic/608-342/130383106613052442004_1.jpg

ps: and Albert looks 10 yrs. younger since he married Charlene. :)

Does anyone know if they are attending the Danish Jubille celebrations in a couple of weeks? This would be a great tiara event for PC.

Last edited:
:previous:

The Danish royal house hasn't released any guest list yet, so we can't answer that yet..

According to Billed Bladet only the royals of Norway en Sweden will attend the celebrations.

ps: and Albert looks 10 yrs. younger since he married Charlene. :)

For sure. I have always thought that Albert has aged well and much better than Caroline or Stephanie. However, since his marriage to Charlene the years really seem to have fallen away. If this carries on I'll be looking for the picture in the attic. :lol:

He lost a lot of weight since his marriage to Charlene.
Looking at pics where he is wearing a boxer shorts over the past few years he especially lost weight at his belly.

No he doesn't. He doesn't need them the whole time.
Just like me :D If I drive of watch TV I use them but for reading I don't need them.
Sometimes he has glasses on and puts them away if he doesn't need them, like he did when he visited the wedding exhibition at the Oceanographic Museum with Charlene.
So I guess it depends on the occasion and the wide-angle.

No he doesn't. He doesn't need them the whole time.
Just like me :D If I drive of watch TV I use them but for reading I don't need them.
Sometimes he has glasses on and puts them away if he doesn't need them, like he did when he visited the wedding exhibition at the Oceanographic Museum with Charlene.
So I guess it depends on the occasion and the wide-angle.

Cheers, Smush. :flowers:

I'm the same, need glasses for TV but not reading. I alternate between glasses and lenses. That's why I thought that Albert might do likewise.

However, lenses are useless if I suddenly have to look at something up close. I can't just whip them off like you can with glasses. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom