Polls 2008: Support for the Oranjes Remains Large (85%)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
RTL News had a poll by TNS/NIPO about the RF.

85% supports the monarchy, the lowest rating since 1964 , 15% wants a republic. In the previous years this was 87%/13%

Princess Maxima is the most popular member of the RF (57%)
Willem-Alexander is 2nd with 11%
Followed by HM The Queen (7%)

47% thinks that HM should abdicate in 2010, 16% thinks she should abdicate this year.

87% says they trust Willem-Alexander will make a good king. Note that in 1999 only 68% thought so. 92% says they think the crownprince is sympathetic.
91% says they think that Princess Maxima has a large influence over her husband.

Source: RTL Nieuws, article in Dutch here.
The poll results in a WORD file here.

Last edited:
RTL News had a poll by TNS/NIPO about the RF.

85% supports the monarchy, the lowest rating since 1964 , 15% wants a republic. In the previous years this was 87%/13%

Princess Maxima is the most popular member of the RF (57%)
Willem-Alexander is 2nd with 11%
Followed by HM The Queen (7%)

47% thinks that HM should abdicate in 2010, 16% thinks she should abdicate this year.

87% says they trust Willem-Alexander will make a good king. Note that in 1999 only 68% thought so. 92% says they think the crownprince is sympathetic.
91% says they think that Princess Maxima has a large influence over her husband.

Source: RTL Nieuws, article in Dutch here.
The poll results in a WORD file here.

Not bad,don't you think?:wub:

But it is not the lowest rating,that was in the early/mid eighties when there was "only" 77 to 79% backing the Monarchie.

85% support is impressive number. Dutch monarchy is doing very good.:flowers:

Wow! That's indeed impressive!!!!
But why is it that the Queen has such a 'low' number?

NOS has another poll about the monarchy.

over 80% would rather have a monarchy than a republic.

94% approve the way Willem-Alexander and Máxima are preparing themselves right now.

2/3 want Beatrix to abdicate within 3 years. The expert asked by the NOS said that people wpould not like a British scenario, where a man is waiting, waiting and waiting...

52% wants Máxima to become Queen, 34% wants her to stay a princess.

About Jorge Zorreguietta's presence at the enthronement of Willem-Alexander

62% Yes
28% No

A minority is against it, but enoguh space for protest, so they would be wiser to keep him in Argentina.

Should HM be able to give her own opinion, even on politically sensitive subjects?
70% Yes
28% No

What do you think of the power of the queen

57% good as it is
9% she should have more power
31% she should have no power

Should the monarchy be modernised when WA becomes king?
69% Yes
18% No

Is an enthronement a good moment to change to a purely ceremonial kingship
39% Yes
32% No

Last edited:
Maxima sure has been the most popular member of the family from the start hasn't she! IT's great. Good to know the monarchy is still so popular!

Yes, she was so from the very start. Not that the others are not popular, I think most are well-liked, but Máxima just eclipses them all and proved to be a tremendous asset to the monarchy.

I usually wonder if people say that the monarchy should be 'modernised', there isn't much room left for moderising IMO as Queen Beatrix did a lot of the work already. I suppose most mean a less distant approach.

According to a poll by bureau Multiscope Princess Máxima is still the most popular member of the Royal Family. She received 62.8% of the votes, followed by Queen Beatrix (19%) and the Prince of Orange (15%).

The list of least favourite people are princess Margarita (by far), princess Laurentien, prince Friso and princess Mabel (now that's a shocker ;)).

Just for fun they also asked who the respondants would like to see on the throne if the House of Orange wasn't there:

Prime Minister J.P. Balkenende & Katja Schuurman (35,9%)
Jan Smit and Yolanthe Cabau van Kasbergen (33,9%)
Imca Marina and Johan Vlemminx (8,8%)

Only 8% of the people who were polled said that they wanted to get rid of the monarchy.

Link in Dutch here, www.royalty-online.nl

Last edited:
that's good news. i think i never heard of a country that approved monarchy as fervently.

Well, it's easy for us Dutch to approve of our RF. Most of them work hard and their are hardly any scandals ( except Mabel, that was a real problem and a few in the extended family, but that's so far from the throne that nobody bothers anyway). Except for the Queen, WA and Maxima, nobody receives any "apenage" or whatever it's called, so the burden on the taxpayer is not very big. That helps, I think. Plus, they're all nice people, down to earth and most of them have jobs like us and live in houses like us and not in palaces. I think it's their normality that makes our RF so popular.

Back
Top Bottom