Peter Phillips and Family News and Events 2: Nov 2005- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Autumn Philipps has a beautiful face.

when will born the baby

well, victoria and marie have the babies, now autumn!!! great year for the queen, the jubilee and an great granchild!!

corazon said:
well, victoria and marie have the babies, now autumn!!! great year for the queen, the jubilee and an great granchild!!

Victoria and Marie having children has no effect on The Queen or her jubilee. Having another great grandchild in the jubilee year is wonderful yes.

Wow, it's like one royal baby a month, I cant believe Autumn is already about to give birth in March! I'm guessing a boy this time, but only time will tell, I guess!

Congratulations to the couple. Savannah is a gorgeous little girl. Her brother or sister will probably be too.

Victoria and Marie having children has no effect on The Queen or her jubilee. Having another great grandchild in the jubilee year is wonderful yes.
you don't undestend me, i say now victoria and maria have the babies, now autumn will have another baby, that fact is great for a jubilee year for the queen, of course marie and victoria don0t make difference for elizabeth.

Im hoping for a little boy, here and with Tatiana as well. Balance out the two royal princesses. I can't wait to hear the news. Hope they won't be as secretive about the name abd birth, as they were with Savannah.

But Autumn was more "visible" during her first pregnancy (there were taken some photos of her then) than she is now.

Last edited:
:previous:
I suppose there might have been more interest in Autumn's first pregnancy; Savannah was, after all, Her Majesty's first great-grandchild.

I suppose there might have been more interest in Autumn's first pregnancy; Savannah was, after all, Her Majesty's first great-grandchild.
Yes, I agree. But if this time Autumn gives birth to a boy, it will be the first Her Majesty's great-grandson.
I think QE II is proud of all her grandchildren and their achievements.

I really hope for a boy after all these Royal girls ! It is always nice to have one of each !

I have some personal experience of this organisation. Let's just say that there's no RBS employee who's not worried about their job at the moment.

Exit the Royal Banker of Scotland: Peter Phillips becomes latest victim of the RBS meltdown after quitting
The massive jobs cull at the Royal Bank of Scotland has claimed its latest victim – the Queen’s grandson Peter Phillips.He handed in his notice as the bank’s head of global sponsorship a fortnight ago amid rumours that he was next in line for the chop.
Mr Phillips, 34, left his role just days after the bank shed thousands more jobs, bringing the total number of redundancies since RBS was bailed out by the taxpayer in 2008 to about 34,000.

I see the usual Daily Mail nastiness is evident in the comment section. Surely I understand how a tax payer bailout might not be a popular opinion on either side of the pond (we aren't going to go off topic with that) but surely even the most educated Daily Mail reader understands that signing high profile sponsors is advertising for the bank. And while some might say you don't need to advertise while in a recession, as a former advertising consultant let me tell you YOU DO! You gotta get your name out there and let people know you are still open for business especially during an economic downturn.

You need to advertise more during the hard times.
I once met a young Russian businessman at a mutual friend's gathering: he drove the latest flashy car (a Bentley), lived in Moscow's "millionaire district", threw away hundreds as tips to waiters and generally lived a life of a carefree billionaire. A couple of weeks later, I learnt that his firm was on the verge of bankruptcy and was battling to get a mortgage from the bank. Sometimes appearance is the best advertising - and the harder the times, the more advertising you need.

This is somewhat unfortunate time for Peter to lose a job. With second baby on the way, Peter and Autumn would need the extra cash. They are not going to be destitute, of course. But still...

Sad that he lost a job since he is going to have another baby in a matter of days!

I am also sad that he lost his job, not only because they are going to have another baby because I dont believe Peter nor his family are going to starve, I am sorry for him because he seems to be a stand up guy and has tried to make it on his merits not his name.

He did resign remember. He wasn't sacked = ok there are reports that he was next for the chop but he still left on his terms not their's.

Last edited:
He did resign remember. He wasn't sacked = ok there are reports that he was next for the chop but he still left on his terms not there's.

It is possible he was encouraged to resign. Offered a small settlement. Companies will often do it, with people who have done well with the company, but they need to down size. Looks better for their future job hunting as well, that they didn't get fired.

Although everyone, regardless of who they are, deserves the dignity of employment let's remember that he resigned because he does have some level of financial security. He'll never be destitute nor collecting unemployment.

Is it true that the Queen Mother left a great deal of her money to her great-grandchildren not in direct line (read: those on the Civil List) to the throne?

:previous:Its been suggested that Peter (and of course Zara) are the beneficaries of a trust set up by the Queen Mother. We don't know the specifics of course. It has been discussed in this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-queens-children-and-grandchildren-12504.html .

Regarding Peter and Zara, please refer to this post by Lord Royal, notices that it refers to grandchildren not great grandchildren....so maybe the Queen Mother left them a legacy as well, or she might of the opinion (as some in older generations are) that she will take her of grandchildren, and her great grandchildren's grandmother will taker care of hers.(i.e. the Queen will take care of Peter, Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie, James and Louise, and maybe Harry. Excluding William who will eventually inheirit the Duchy of Cornwall). Hope that makes sense.

Indeed, I am. The trust for Beatrice and Eugenie that Sarah has spoken of is the one made for them by The Queen when Andrew and Sarah divorced. Now, something murky happened in the late 1990s regarding the 500,000 pounds budgeted for a home for Sarah and the girls (the house in Windlesham was said by Sarah to be too expensive to run, so a house was never purchased) and I recall Sarah had a meeting with the trustees of the the B&E trust. I wonder if that 500,000 was added to the trust. ANYWAY...

There is usually two components to a trust: income and capital, both of which can be managed by the terms of the trust. From various articles we know that 1.4 million pounds was put into trust in 1996. Since that time the money has surely generated a substantial income. The trust instrument would explain if and how that income could be spent, the lifespan of the trust and other conditions. The simple fact of the matter is that there is absolutely no way to discern what the trust says since it is a private document. What can be said, without hesitation, is that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie cannot do as they please with the trust money, they will always have trustees to answer to.

However, the trust will be wound up (as all trusts have a determined lifespan, they cannot go on indefinitely) and at that point the Princesses will have free reign over their funds. Additionally, Saunders v Vaughtier tells us that an adult can collapse their trust at will. As both Princesses are over the age of 18, this may have occurred.

It's also worth keeping in mind that the Andrew and Sarah Divorce Trust 1996 is not the only trust B&E are beneficiaries of. The late HM The Queen Mother established trusts in 1994, totaling 19 million pounds (the vast majority of her cash) for the benefit of her grandchildren so that none of them had to pay any taxes or duties.

So there are certainly two trusts that benefit the York Princesses. There could be as much as 6 million pounds of capital in The Queen Mother 1994 trust for the York girls. We'll never really know.

They should focus on charity and enhancing their image. The role Princess Alexandra fills would be ideal for them.

Is it true that the Queen Mother left a great deal of her money to her great-grandchildren not in direct line (read: those on the Civil List) to the throne?

Those in 'direct line' - I assume you mean Charles and William - aren't actually on the Civil List. There are only two people who are and they aren't actually in the line of succession (well one is = about 480th) = The Queen and Philip, who is in the line of succession in his own right as a descendent of Queen Victoria.

Everyone else is supported by either The Queen herself or Charles (he supports Camilla, William, Kate and Harry as well as himself). The Queen supports Andrew and family, Edward and family, Anne and family as well as repays the expenses of the Gloucesters and Kents.

As for Peter he will find something because some company will like to have the Queen's grandson on their payroll.

Just thinking that with a new baby, the Jubilee and the Olympics coming up, it would be great if Peter could afford to be out of work through the summer and really take advantage of his free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom