Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont understand how both girls haveing fun and being there at the wedding prove they are to be the next princesses of wales? is that was the hello said? how does that prove her to becomeing the heart ofthe member of the royal family, to me all these photo show a girl being invited to join her boyfriend family weddings out of courtesy even though her boyfriend is not there i don't see any need to read more to it:closedeye.jmo

I hust meant that this shows that Kate and Chelsy can fit in and stand on their own two feet with that family. I doubt it's easy, and they seemed to do it alright... :flowers:

I think she looked very pretty. I do however, think that who ever did her make-up should have been a little more powerful with the brush!! On the eyes and some toned color on the lips would have done her well....IMHO

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x257/randomly_keira/celebrities/Peter%20Autumn%20Wedding/161.jpg what is sophie wearing on her head her hat choice gets bigger and bolder but not for the better it looks as if she can hardly keep her head straight because of the sheer weight of the thing glued to her ear
clearly she and bea are sharing the same advisor

What really surprised me was the lack of a number of the royals - a list of the ones that didnt attend
Duke and Duchess of Glouester
Duke and Duchess of Kent
Earl and Countess of St Andrew and family
Lady Helen Taylor and Tim and family
Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor
Princess Alexandra and her children and their families
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

does anyone know of any more (apart from william of course) any ideas why??

Last edited:
I saw the Hello! article via digital and I must say that it is much better than the magazine itself. Overall, I'm happy that I had a chance to read the story and view the up close images.

The couple look incredible together and I wish them much happiness. :)

What really surprised me was the lack of a number of the royals - a list of the ones that didnt attend... [snipped]
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent
does anyone know of any more (apart from william of course) any ideas why??

The couple in question did not feel obliged to attend this wedding or present reasons for doing so. Suffice it to say that Prince and Princess of Michael were in fact represented by their children, who belong to the same generation as Mr and Mrs. Philips do.

Last edited:
I have the magazine and I have to say the pictures are lovely. I especially liked the ones taken from above in the church.

However I have one problem and its just me being picky. But if you lifted a microscope you could just about make our Lady Louise Windsor in the church sitting between her parents. In the group picture with the family of both sides she wasn't sitting with all the other children of both families in the front even though her parents, aunts, uncles and cousins were all in the picture. I realise her parents want her kept out of the spotlight but would one family photo really hurt?

The pics in Hello! are lovely. Frogmore was the perfect venue for the reception too.
Shame we didn't see more of Lady Louise, especially as there were many children there.

i agree..i would have loved to see louise but i hear that her parents took her home before the reception..thats why they werent on the stairs..i dont know if thats true but im sure her parents had their reasons :D

Royal Fan, there are many many photo links throughout this topic. Start on page one.:flowers:

i know this is a silly question but are there really 100 pages of the wedding in the magazine or is this an exaggeration?

Haven't seen the Hello issue yet, but I was thinking - especially after the Danish wedding on May 24th.
Autumn's bridesmaids dresses have been really bothering me and then I thought: They look just like dresses one would wear in a beach wedding or a wedding in a very warm, sunny climate like the Caribbean.
What was Autumn thinking? What was Vera Wang thinking? They are tacky, tacky, tacky.

Haven't seen the Hello issue yet, but I was thinking - especially after the Danish wedding on May 24th.
Autumn's bridesmaids dresses have been really bothering me and then I thought: They look just like dresses one would wear in a beach wedding or a wedding in a very warm, sunny climate like the Caribbean.
What was Autumn thinking? What was Vera Wang thinking? They are tacky, tacky, tacky.

I liked the Peter-Autumn wedding UNTIL I saw the pictures of Marie/Joachim of Denmark...now that my friends, is how you get married! What a beautiful, warm, intimate but distinctively ROYAL wedding...something the Windsor-Kelly nuptials seemed to be lacking.

I liked the color of the bridesmaids gowns but that was the wrong style for a venue like historic St. George's. You are right it would have been perfect on the beach or in a garden. And Autumn looked pale, almost like she had on no makeup and had just woken up. I loved her veil and her gown though.

I also hate the crass celeb-style interview and pictures in "Hello!" with the engaged couple sprawled about their home dishing details like some B level soap opera stars...yuck!

Last edited:
Huh. So I take it you are not too fond of the lovely couple and their personal style. Thank heavens it wasn't your wedding nor were you invited whereupon you would be forced to watch the entire thing and then some.

now that my friends, is how you get married! What a beautiful, warm, intimate but distinctively ROYAL wedding...something the Windsor-Kelly nuptials seemed to be lacking.

Ah, no... no it's not. That is what you call a wedding for that particular couple. Sure it works for them, J&M; however, not everyone found either wedding "inspiring" (and/or other over-dramatic descriptions). It was a nice ceremony overall.

In my opinion, a divine wedding is a simple one... hence no big brouhaha. Just the couple and their Priest/Pastor/Rabbi/Spiritual leader/the lady at the county clerk's office/or an online ordained minister. That's all.

So yeah, we get it already, CD, you weren't too fond of the wedding. How many times are you going to say this in this as well as in the Joachim and Marie wedding topic?

Last edited:
Huh. So I take it you are not too fond of the lovely couple and their personal style. Thank heavens it wasn't your wedding nor were you invited whereupon you would be forced to watch the entire thing and then some.

Ah, no... no it's not. That is what you call a wedding for that particular couple. Sure it works for them, J&M; however, not everyone found either wedding "inspiring" (and/or other over-dramatic descriptions). It was a nice ceremony overall.

In my opinion, a divine wedding is a simple one... hence no big brouhaha. Just the couple and their Priest/Pastor/Rabbi/Spiritual leader/the lady at the county clerk's office/or an online ordained minister. That's all.

So yeah, we get it already, CD, you weren't too fond of the wedding. How many times are you going to say this in this as well as in the Joachim and Marie wedding topic?

What's the problem? Am I not allowed my own opinion, unless I come here to gush and coo?

Okay, fine. The wedding was grand and perfect and lovely. I loved, loved loved it.

And by the way, I'm aware that it wasn't my wedding but thanks for the clarification nonetheless. Now are you going to go and lecture the other fans of the wedding who posted THEIR opinions and tell them it wasn't THEIR wedding either?

Or are they A-okay in your book because they heaped praise on the shindig? Just so I'm clear and all.

Last edited:
For anyone here in the US, I got my copy of Hello this morning at Barnes and Noble. I would assume if I got a copy here in my little town in Tennessee, it should be out just about everywhere now. For those wondering, it is filled with pictures. Much more than I would ever expect to see of a royal wedding reception. Well worth the cost of the issue I thought.

Jennifer

For anyone here in the US, I got my copy of Hello this morning at Barnes and Noble. I would assume if I got a copy here in my little town in Tennessee, it should be out just about everywhere now. For those wondering, it is filled with pictures. Much more than I would ever expect to see of a royal wedding reception. Well worth the cost of the issue I thought.

Jennifer

Just bought my copy of Hello at Barnes & Noble yesterday -- May 27th. I think that Borders also carries Hello.
Have only flipped through it and there are tons of photos of Chelsy and Kate.
Too many!

What's the problem? Am I not allowed my own opinion, unless I come here to gush and coo?

Did I say that? When? Where?

Okay, fine. The wedding was grand and perfect and lovely. I loved, loved loved it.

A bit over dramatic don't you think. So here's your answer: No, it wasn't.

And by the way, I'm aware that it wasn't my wedding but thanks for the clarification nonetheless.

You're welcome.... no problem.

Now are you going to go and lecture the other fans of the wedding who posted THEIR opinions and tell them it wasn't THEIR wedding either?

Or are they A-okay in your book because they heaped praise on the shindig? Just so I'm clear and all.

What in the world ever gave you that idea?

Essentially, CD, you have noted many many times how much you detested this wedding (specifically in the J&M wedding topic), and yes, it does become quite tiresome having to scroll past your bantering displeasure of the Phillips/Kelly wedding. Of course everyone has a right to their opinion that's a no brainer; however, when you repeat the same thing over and over and over and over again... it's boring and unoriginal. So why do you keep harping on it specifically in the Joachim wedding topic? Nevermind, don't answer. We all know your story/answer already.

COULD WE PLEASE TURN DOWN THE HEAT A BIT?

Thank you.

:hiding: <- Elspeth

;)Sure.

Overall, I wish the couple a long and happy life together. Clearly they are meant for each other and Peter seems to be over the moon with his bride.

:D:flowers:

Beautiful wedding dress until she turned around. The bows killed it!

This web site have several picture of Chelsey and Kate at the wedding reception. I don't know how to link, but if you copy this site and past it to you web search then you could open it. I hope it work

Royalement Vôtre

Oh wow that issue is different then ours it featured lotsa photos the Canadian version didn't.

Last edited:
From what I saw everyone looked fabulous. Henry looked extremely handsome and Zara looked great. I loved the photos of those two talking. I thought it was funny that Peter and William look so alike they could be brothers.

;)Sure.

Overall, I wish the couple a long and happy life together. Clearly they are meant for each other and Peter seems to be over the moon with his bride.

:D:flowers:

Yeah, I'd be over the moon, too, if I had just banked a cool $1,000,000.00 USD for the publishing rights to my wedding ---

Hello will priobably be in the delivery room for the birth of the first baby, too!
(In exchange for another fat pay-off).

At first in the excitement of the wedding I thought great we get to see pictures but looking at the Hello photos I have to say I can't help but think things like this are ruining the mystique of the royal family. Yea I can understand they want to break down some walls but a wedding to me is a private family affair this makes them no different than Ashley Simpsons dad pimping out his daughters wedding photos to People Magazine. I would expect it from a celebrity royalty no.
Great pics but really I think it would have been more fitting to have to just imagine how amazing a "royal" wedding would have been and not see the pics and see they celebrate just like you and me.
Oh and I could have done without seeing Kate's sheer backed outfit....what was the girl thinking....Chelsy really looked stunning though.
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom