On This Day in Russian Imperial History

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, August 9, 1669 ~ Birth of Eudoxia Feodorovna Lopukhina, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Peter I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

The Tsar later divorced Eudoxia in 1698 and sent her off to a convent and later imprisoned her ,but upon the accession of her grandson Peter II in 1727 she was released and returned to court and lived until 1731.

364px-Eudokia_Lopukhina_%2818_c.%2C_Chukhloma_museum%29.jpg

On this day, August 11, 1958 ~ Demise of Nikolai Kulikovsky, husband of Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna of Russia, in Canada

On this day, August 11, 1958 ~ Demise of Nikolai Kulikovsky, husband of Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna of Russia, in Canada

And Grand Duchess Olga only outlived him by a further 2 years dying in 1960.

On this day, August 12, 1904 ~ Birth of Tsarevich Alexis of Russia, son of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, at Peterhof Palace

On this day, August 15, 1860 ~ Demise of Juliane of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, Grand Duchess Anna Feodorovna, wife of Grand Duke Constantine Pavlovich of Russia

On this day, August 18, 1645 ~ Demise of Tsaritsa Eudoxia Streshneva of Russia, wife of Tsar Michael I of Russia

On August 21, 1745 ~ The Wedding of Grand Duke Peter (Emperor Peter III of Russia) and Sophia of Anhalt-Zerbst (Empress Catherine II of Russia) at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan in St. Petersburg, Russia

Last edited by a moderator:
On August 21, 1745 ~ The Wedding of Grand Duke Peter (Emperor Peter III of Russia) and Sophia of Anhalt-Zerbst (Empress Catherine II of Russia) at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan in St. Petersburg, Russia

The year prior to that Sophie had converted from Lutheranism to the Russian Orthodox church on 28th of June 1744 and took the Ekaterina (Catherine).From was I have read her parents were devout Lutherans and were against her conversion.

On this day, August 23, 1740 ~ Birth of Tsar Ivan VI of Russia in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, August 23, 1740 ~ Birth of Tsar Ivan VI of Russia in St. Petersburg, Russia

He became Tsar aged just 2 months old and reigned for a little over a year with his mother acting as Regent.
Tsar Ivan was overthrown in 1741 by his cousin Elizabeth Petrovna and he ended up under house arrest and was later murdered in 1764.

Tvorozhnikov.jpg

On this day, August 30, 1870 ~ Birth of Princess Alexandra of Greece, Grand Duchess Alexandra Georgievna of Russia, wife of Grand Duke Paul Alexandrovich of Russia

On this day, September 1, 1651 ~ Birth of Natalya Kirillovna Naryshkina, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Alexis I of Russia

On this day, September 3, 1851 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Olga Konstantinovna of Russia, Queen of Greece, wife of King George I of Greece, at Pavlovsk Palace near St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, September 6, 1666 ~ Birth of Ivan V, Tsar of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, September 7, 1731 ~ Demise of Eudoxia Lopukhina, Tsaritsa of Russia, first wife of Tsar Peter I of Russia

On this day, September 20, 1843 ~ Birth of Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich of Russia, son of Tsar Alexander II of Russia, at Alexander Palace at Tsarskoye Selo

On this day, September 21, 1651 ~ Birth of Sophia Alekseyevna, Regent of Russia, daughter of Tsar Alexis I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, September 29, 1773 ~ The Wedding of Tsarevich Paul and Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt at the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, October 12, 1878 ~ Birth of Grand Duke Cyril (Kirill) Vladimirovich of Russia at Tsarskoye Selo in Russia

On this day, October 17, 1853 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna of Russia, Duchess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, at Tsarskoe-Selo, Russia

On this day, October 22, 1664 ~ Birth of Praskovia Feodorovna Saltykova, wife of Tsar Ivan V and the mother of Empress Anna I of Russia

On this day, October 23, 1715 ~ Birth of Emperor Peter II of Russia in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, October 23, 1715 ~ Birth of Emperor Peter II of Russia in St. Petersburg, Russia

His father Alexei Petrovich, Tsarevich of Russia died in 1718 and his mother Charlotte Christine of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel has died in 1715.
The death of their parents left Peter and his older sister Grand Duchess Natalya​Alexeyevna of Russia as orphans.

On this day, October 24, 1723 ~ Demise of Praskovia Feodorovna Saltykova, Tsaritsa of Russia, spouse of Tsar Ivan V of Russia

On this day, October 25, 1759 ~ Birth of Sophie Dorothea of Wurttemberg, Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia, wife of Tsar Paul I of Russia, in Stettin, Kingdom of Prussia

On this day, October 28, 1740 ~ Demise of Anna I, Empress of Russia, daughter of Tsar Ivan V of Russia

On this day, November 1, 1860 ~ Demise of Charlotte of Prussia, Empress of Russia, wife of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia

On this day, November 5, 1828 ~ Demise of Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia, born Sophie Dorothea of Wurttemberg, spouse of Tsar Paul I of Russia, at Pavlovsk Palace in St. Petersburg

On this day, November 9, 1866 ~ The Wedding of Tsarevich Alexander Alexandrovich of Russia and Princess Dagmar of Denmark

On this day, November 15, 1895 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia, daughter of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, at Tsarskoe Selo

On this day, November 17, 1796 ~ Demise of Catherine II, Empress of Russia at the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg

On this day, November 21, 1868 ~ Birth of Grand Duke Peter Alexandrovich of Oldenburg, husband of Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna of Russia

On this day, November 27, 1908 ~ Demise of Grand Duke Alexis Alexandrovich of Russia, son of Tsar Alexander II of Russia, in Paris, France

On this day, December 1, 1825 - Demise of Alexander I, Tsar of Russia at Taganrog, Russia

On this day, December 4, 1878 ~ Birth of Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich of Russia

On this day, December 23, 1777 ~ Birth of Alexander I, Tsar of Russia in St. Petersburg, Russia
:xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell:

On this day, December 29, 1709 ~ Birth of Elizabeth, Empress of Russia at Kolomenskoye near Moscow, Russia

:holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly:

On this day, December 29, 1709 ~ Birth of Elizabeth, Empress of Russia at Kolomenskoye near Moscow, Russia

:holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly:

Her mother was born Marta Helena Skowrońska a Polish Roman Catholic ,who's parents were farmers and died of the plague but she ended up as Empress Consort and then Empress Regnant of Russia as Catherine I!

On this day, January 5, 1762 ~ Demise of Elizabeth, Empress of Russia at the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, January 5, 1762 ~ Demise of Elizabeth, Empress of Russia at the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

Elisabeth herself was the second-eldest daughter of Peter the Great and had reigned as Empress from 1741 until her death.
The Empress was succeeded by her nephew Peter III ,who was later overthrown by his wife Catherine the Great.

On this day, January 11, 1716 ~ Demise of Marfa Matveyevna Apraksina, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Feodor III of Russia, in St. Petersburg

On this day, January 18, 1625 ~ Demise of Maria Vladimirovna Dolgorukova, Tsaritsa of Russia, first spouse of Michael I of Russia

On this day, January 18, 1625 ~ Demise of Maria Vladimirovna Dolgorukova, Tsaritsa of Russia, first spouse of Michael I of Russia

Maria was Tsaritsa of Russia for only a couple of months ,September 1624 until her death on January 18th,1625.
Her remains were buried at the Ascension Convent in Moscow but in 1929 they were moved to the Archangel Cathedral at the Kremlin as Soviet authorities tore down and demolished the Ascension Convent.

On this day, January 24, 1779 ~ Birth of Louise of Baden (Empress Elizabeth Alexeievna), wife of Tsar Alexander I of Russia, in Karlsruke, Grand Duchy of Baden

On this day, January 25, 1755 ~ Birth of Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt (Grand Duchess Natalia Alexeievna of Russia), first spouse of Grand Duke Paul of Russia, in Prenzlau, Kingdom of Prussia

On this day, January 27, 1708 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Anna Petrovna of Russia, mother of Tsar Peter III, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, January 30, 1730 ~ Demise of Peter II, Emperor of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, January 30, 1730 ~ Demise of Peter II, Emperor of Russia in Moscow, Russia

Peter II ruled for less than 3 years and had fallen ill in December 1729 he named his cousin Anna as his successor and following his death he was buried at the Cathedral of the Archangel in the Kremlin.

On this day, February 4, 1694 ~ Demise of Natalia Kirilovna Naryshkina, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Alexis of Russia

On this day, February 7, 1693 ~ Birth of Anna, Empress of Russia at the Terem Palace in Moscow, Russia

On this day, February 4, 1694 ~ Demise of Natalia Kirilovna Naryshkina, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Alexis of Russia

The Dowager Tsarista was also the mother of Peter the Great and an influential lady at the Russian Court.
Her remains were buried at the Ascension Convent but moved to the
Archangel Cathedral as the Ascension Convent was torn down by the Soviets in 1929.

On this day, February 8, 1676 ~ Demise of Tsar Alexis I of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, February 8, 1676 ~ Demise of Tsar Alexis I of Russia in Moscow, Russia

Tsar Alexis Mikhailovich is buried at the Archangel Cathedral in the Moscow Kremlin.

345px-Alexis_I_of_Russia_%281670-1680s%2C_GIM%29.jpg

On this day, February 17, 1909 ~ Demise of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia at the Vladimir Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, February 17, 1909 ~ Demise of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia at the Vladimir Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

The Grand Duke was just 61 and was buried at the Grand Ducal Mausoleum, Fortress of St. Peter and Paul in St. Petersburg.

Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia

497px-Vlagyimir_AlekszandrovicsRomanov.jpg

On this day, February 19, 1861 ~ Tsar Alexander II of Russia abolished serfdom

On this day, February 21, 1728 ~ Birth of Peter III, Tsar of Russia in Kiel, Duchy of Holstein-Gottorp

On this day, February 21, 1728 ~ Birth of Peter III, Tsar of Russia in Kiel, Duchy of Holstein-Gottorp

Sadly the birth of the future Tsar was overshadowed by the death of his mother Grand Duchess Anna Petrovna of Russia on March 4th.
Grand Duchess Anna was the eldest daughter of Peter the Great.

Grand Duchess Anna Petrovna of Russia
381px-Anna_Petrovna_by_I.G.Adolsky_%28after_1721%2C_Hermitage%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom