Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills and Family, News & Events 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nicolae at his Facebook
"Wednesday evening was a really special one, in the historic atmosphere of the space in Hanul lui Manuc (Manuc's Inn), along with the presence of the two wonderful guests - Silvia Colfescu and Constantin Serban Cantacuzino - and all the special people who took part in the event.
On the occasion of this meeting, the "Prince Nicolae's Tour in the footsteps of his grandfather Mihai I" stopped time for a while, and Nicolae al Romaniei translated into words full of candor, sometimes sprinkled with amusement, personal and historical memories, moments when His Majesty He was able to be present in everyone's thoughts as a grandfather, husband, king and last but not least as a human being. A man with a challenging story, but an example of how all this can be overcome by will, keeping in his heart the love for his fellow men and for the country he has never forgotten - Romania.
We will be back soon with more pictures from the event. Until then, stay close, following the tour!"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Nicolae was in Curtea de Argeș on Thursday 7th April:
At Facebook of Asociatia Principele Nicolae
"The students of the King Mihai I Technological High School from Curtea de Argeș enjoyed the meeting with Nicolae al Romaniei, within the project "History of Royalty in Schools". The children were curious to hear stories about the monarchy, but also to learn unique details about the members of the Royal Family. As always, the students admired various objects, including medals, paintings and even a ceremonial sword."
Over 100 photos of the visit
Istoria Regalității în Școli - Liceul Tehnologic Mihai I, Argeș Facebook

Nicolae presented on 7th April in Pitesti his book "My grandfather, King Mihai"
The editorial event took place at the Dinicu Golescu County Library. This book-album is meant to show the family life of His Majesty, but also the human side, that of grandfather. Prince Nicolae says that he learned from King Mihai lessons such as discipline, respect and responsibility.
Prince Nicolae also unraveled some memories: when King Mihai met Queen Maria, the fact that he was passionate about mechanics or how when he was a baby and was left unattended for a few moments he managed to destroy the King's office and official documents with an inkwell.
Nicolae al României a lansat la Pitești volumul _Bunicul meu, Regele Mihai

How Archbishop Calinic revealed that Nicolae al Romaniei will have a son
This spring, Nicolae al Romaniei and his wife, Alina Binder, will become parents for the second time. And on Thursday, April 7, on the occasion of a book launch in Pitesti, His Eminence Calinic, Archbishop of Argeş and Muscel, revealed for the first time that Nicolae will have a son.
Nicolae spoke with great emotion about his grandfather, reliving several memories from his childhood, but also from adolescence, including talking about how King Mihai let him drive the jeep donated by General Patton. A good friend of Nicolae, His Eminence Calinic, had a charming and humorous speech about him. At one point, His Eminence Calinic revealed for the first time that the second child of Nicolae and his wife will be a boy, referring to the fact that Nicolae is already thinking about several future jobs for "his son”. His Eminence Calinic also spoke in laudatory terms about how Nicolae came to speak and think in Romanian.
"Prince Nicolae was under a magnifying glass and I noticed step by step how he progressed in speaking the Romanian language. Prince Nicolae came to think in Romanian. I was afraid that he would not succeed because he had been an independent and free spirit since he was a child, in the sense that he went with his father through Africa on social missions. However, I must say that Prince Nicolae had a very good Romanian teacher in his wife. He learned Romanian and the grammar of the Romanian language very well. And the grammar of the Romanian language is very difficult. The Romanian language is a beauty, a miracle. It is a happiness to be able to write and read in Romanian. Fortunately, Prince Nicolae is not touched by this barbarism with neologisms. Prince Nicolae is a kind of phenomenon..."
Cum a dezvăluit arhiepiscopul Calinic că Nicolae al României va avea un băiat _ adevarul.ro

Former Prince Nicolae and Alina Binder will have a baby boy. They chose the name of King Mihai's great-grandson
On Thursday, April 7, at the presentationof his book "My Grandfather, King Mihai", the grandson of the late King of Romania said he did not want to reveal the name of his child. His Eminence Calinic revealed at the event that Nicolae will have a baby boy. The daughter of former Prince Nicolae and Alina Binder was baptized by him.
Nicolae and his wife, Alina Binder, will be at home at Easter, waiting for their second child. This time, they will have a baby boy, but the former prince did not want to reveal the name of the baby that will soon be born.
"We thought of a name, but we don't reveal it. All I can say is that he will be baptized in Alba Iulia. While waiting for our little boy, we will spend Easter at home, with emotions. I bought him everything he needs”.
The event took place in the County Library of Argeș. Nicolae was greeted by the children from the Călinești Cultural Center. The girls Maria Bold and Gloria Năstase waited for Nicolae with salt and bread, but also with flowers, like a bow over time of the moment when King Carol was received by the people of Argeș with flowers, at his first arrival in Romania.
"My grandfather was a very modest, simple, faithful man, a man who thought only of others, of Romanians, of Romania", Nicolae said.
Fostul principe Nicolae și Alina Binder au ales numele copilului, strănepotul Regelui Mihai_ _Ne-am gândit. I-am cumpărat tot_. Exclusiv

Principele Nicolae, în vizită la Liceul Tehnologic „Regele Mihai I” – Interes Argesean

Nicolae said at an interview, that in many ways they are already much better prepared compared to when Maria came into the world. They will learn along the way. They can't wait to have two children. It's important that they're going to be close in age. Maria's first word was "Yes" and not "Mom" or "Dad".
Nicolae was asked about the communication with the Royal Family.
He said: "I am open, but there is no communication from the Royal Family and it is a great pity. We all look forward to reconciliation and openness from the Royal Family. We don't necessarily have to be best friends, but at least we have an openness, not necessarily for ourselves, but for the country and for the future of the family. Ever since Maria-Alexandra was born, my aunt, Princess Margareta, has not come to see her even once."
Fostul Principe Nicolae și soția se pregătesc pentru venirea pe lume a fiului lor_ «Botezul va fi într-un loc legat de istoria familiei»
Translation

Nicolae al Romaniei: "The Royal Family must be open to reconciliation, not for us, but for the future of the country"
EXCLUSIV Nicolae al Romaniei_ _Familia Regala trebuie sa aiba deschidere pentru reconciliere, nu pentru noi, ci pentru viitorul tarii_ _ Pitesti _ Ziare.com

The Archdiocese of Argeș and Muscel with photos about His Eminence Calinic, Archbishop of Argeș and Muscel at the presentation of Nicolae'e book last week:
Albumul „Bunicul meu Regele Mihai” a fost prezentat la Biblioteca Județeană „Dinicu Golescu” din Pitești

Last edited by a moderator:
At Instagram of Everwave:
"Without local supporters, our missions are not possible. In #Romania, we are happy to have Florin Marginean from the Rotary Club Romania, District 2241, onboard. Through him, we met Nicolae al Romaniei last Saturday - a royal honor for us! ?? It makes us proud that our Cleanup Mission is making such high waves and the pictures on the ground show that it's time to get going. And we are! In our latest story, you'll see: our boat is in the water."
https://gramhir.com/media/2814830439119377318

Nicolae posted yesterday to his social media
"Last weekend I had the pleasure of being invited to one of the most important events of Rotary International, which is one of the largest NGOs in the world.
During the main training session of club presidents for the period 2022-2023, I gave a speech about my involvement in volunteer projects over the years in different regions of the world, highlighting how important these actions are for the community, as well as the values ​​acquired with the implementation of an education in this respect.
We also found out more details about the We are everwave #EndPlasticSoup Project, initiated by Rotary Clubs of Amsterdam, a project that aims to eliminate plastic waste by 2050. This project was recently launched in our country, through actions greening of dams on Romanian rivers, areas choked with plastic waste.
Last but not least, we discussed with the members of Rotary District 2241, which manages the projects in Romania and the Republic of Moldova, about the possibility of collaborations in future actions, for the protection of the environment."

Nicolae on 6th April at Hanul lui Manuc at the presentation of his book "My grandfather King Mihai"

Asociatia Principele Nicolae at its Facebook
"We thank the children for the wonderful thoughts and for the fact that they gave time and emotion in laying them down on paper, following the meeting and discussions with Nicolae al Romaniei, on the occasion of the #historyofroyalty schools project, supported by Asociatia Principele Nicolae."

Well, Nicolae said at his interview that his son would probably be born before Easter, so he was right.

Such lovely news, not surprised at all that they have called him Michael!

Congratulations to the couple and their families!!! and yes no surprise!

Congratulations to the couple and their families!

Congratulations to the parents and big sister!

Welcome to the world, little Michael!

Congratulations to the couple and what a lovely choice of name!

Message from Princess Elena:

"Her Royal Highness Princess Elena was overjoyed to learn of the birth of her third grandchild , Mihai, son of Nicolae and his wife Alina-Maria.

Princess Elena, along with the entire Royal Family, wishes the newborn health, wisdom and good luck in life!

The photo is part of Princess Elena's personal collection and depicts her two children Nicolae and Karina"

https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/mesajul-altetei-sale-regale-principesa-elena-2/

Nicolae al Romaniei is a father again. The little boy is named after his great-grandfather Mihai, the king of Romania
Nicolae al României este din nou tată. Băieţelul poartă prenumele străbunicului său Mihai, regele României
Nicolae al României a devenit tată pentru a doua oară! Ce nume va purta bebelușul
Nicolae al României, tată din nou. Ce nume special a ales pentru fiul lui
Principele Nicolae al României a devenit tată pentru a doua oară. Ce a „moștenit” băiețelul de la străbunicul său * - B1TV.ro

Nicolae today at his social media
"Together with my wife Alina-Maria and the whole family, we wish a peaceful and blessed Easter to all the faithful who today celebrate the Resurrection of the Lord!
We convey the best thoughts and hope that this holiday will bring peace and hope for the future, and that the joy of this uplifting day will fill everyone's souls! Christ is Risen!
Even today, Orthodox believers celebrate the Lord's Entry into Jerusalem or the Flowers. Thus, the beginning of Passion Week is marked, one of the most important weeks in the Orthodox calendar, full of spiritual charge."
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=561242722031339&set=a.248566803298934

Delighted to see him and his wonderful family ! Congratulations once more !

Alina-Maria published these photos of their family at her Facebook:
Pic 1
Pic 2

Nicolae at his social media
"On April 25-27, 1992, after the third attempt, King Mihai I of Romania returned to the country and met with the people he always carried in his mind and soul. It was an emotional moment both for my grandfather, who addressed the Romanians 45 years after the forced abdication, and for the people who gathered in large numbers to receive him properly at home. I was 7 years old when I lived those moments from the balcony of the Continental Hotel on Calea Victoriei, with my grandparents, and the memories are more vivid than ever.
Now, 30 years later, I relived that joy in a special show that will soon be broadcast, moderated by Anca Alexandrescu. Along with me were Marilena Rotaru, journalist, and Dan Drăghicescu, associate producer of the documentaries "Războiul Regelui", "Maria Inima României" and "Regele Mihai: Drumul către casă".
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Asociatia Principele Nicolae at its Facebook
"On May 27-29, 2022, Nicolae al Romaniei, as President of Asociatia Principele Nicolae, is the guest of the 6th edition of the Tulips Ball in Amsterdam, an event shrouded in the charm of Dutch culture.
Each year, the Tulips Ball Committee chooses a charity to support, organizing a special charity auction during the ball dinner. This year, Asociatia Principele Nicolaewill be the centerpiece of the auction. Companies, organizations or generous individuals can contribute by offering items that will be auctioned. Thus, donations will be collected so that the projects developed by the Association can be extended in the future on several levels, with the same civic sense and responsibility for Romania.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...bNvi7v0Ci0d0U0fyPs_T4xrPLNyigiDYg&oe=6265FD27

The Tulips Ball
Under the patronage of the Honorary Committee:
Their Royal Highnesses Prince Nicolae and Princess Alina-Marie of Romania
Her Highness Duchess Alice of Mecklenburg (-Strelitz)
Princess Olimpia Colonna di Paliano
About Us - Tulips Ball

On Saturday 28th May
During the dinner there will be charity moment benefitting the ‘Prince Nicolae of Romania Foundation’, introduced by His Royal Highness Prince Nicolae himself.
Programme - Tulips Ball

For this year’s Ball Edition the Tulips Ball Committee has chosen to support the ‘Prince Nicolae of Romania Foundation’. Their Royal Highnesses Prince Nicolae and Princess Alina-Maria of Romania are trying to turn the tide in Romania and are planting one million trees in a timespan of three years to fight deforestation. We invite generous companies, organisations and individuals to contribute to this wonderful charity by providing the Tulips Ball with auctionable items and / or an active participation during the ball’s charity auction.
Charity - Tulips Ball

Invitation

Last edited:
Nicolae at his Facebook today:
"On April 26, I will be at St. George's Church in Bucharest, to attend Holy Mass and say a few words about my grandfather, along with the church priests. I hope you will be with me and relive those special moments together! April 26, 1992, the first day of Easter. A day I will never forget!
Exactly 30 years ago, my grandfather, the Last Sovereign of the country, was returning to Romania, after a long and difficult exile. He was received by people with open arms, flowers and cheers, with joy in their souls and tears in their eyes, on his way to St. George's Church for the second service of the Resurrection.
I was only 7 years old when I accompanied him back to the country, but that was the moment that marked me for the rest of my life - the moment when I began to understand that Mihai I was not only my grandfather, but also the King of Romania.
That date will go down in history and in our hearts as a unique moment, beyond words."

Nicolae posted these family photos to his social media today. Maria-Alexandra is a cutie.
"This is how we celebrate Easter this year, in four.
On this occasion, I convey to all Orthodox believers the most beautiful thoughts, together with my family! I want you to keep the light, the goodness and the hope in your life, and may your faith in God be the foundation of your life!"

Roumania seems to have 2 Courts celebrating Easter .

I don't necessarily think two different family groups posting social media Easter or other holiday messages is wrong - reigning families do it - but there are definitely two courts in Romania.

Or perhaps more correct to say one quasi official court acknowledged by the government and one trying to become that again in some variation.

I've just gone back and looked at Nicolae's Christmas Message and he says this:

I have often heard him say that the Royal Family must be an example to all families in society. Today he finds us very divided. Divide. Man-to-man is almost misunderstood. It's good to have diversity. But diversity is one thing and division is another.
"A divided house cannot survive."

I do think he is angling for an "official" restoration and I do think that if they want to continue or expand what they have now, he's the only one of his generation that could theoretically do it since none of the others appear interested in public life and aren't in the slightest known in Romania.

That said, I don't know whether he actually should or not. And of course his "royal" posts often involve paid promotion and merchandising.

Video clip
Today marks 30 years since the first visit made by King Mihai I to Romania, after almost 45 years spent in exile.
On April 25-27, 1992, King Mihai I, accompanied by Queen Anne, paid a private visit to Romania, fulfilling the invitation received from the Archbishop of Suceava and Radauti, Pimen, to spend the Easter holidays at the Putna Monastery.
Prince Nicolae of Romania was only 7 years old when he accompanied the King on his return to the country. Here is a short excerpt from the documentary "Regele Mihai: Drumul către casă" "King Mihai: The Road to Home", in which Nicolae of Romania recounts the experience.
The documentary "King Mihai: The Road Home" is produced by Chainsaw Film Productions and from May, will be included in the "National Historical Education Tournament 2022", a marathon of free screenings in Bucharest, Iasi, Brasov, Alba Iulia, Deva, Alexandria, Sinaia, Cluj, Curtea de Argeș, Târgoviște and other cities.

Nicolae posted these photos from yesterday to his Facebook
"Between April 25-27, 1992, after more than 40 years of forced exile, my grandfather returned to the country, visiting the Capital, Curtea de Argeș and Putna.
30 years later, I returned to one of the places where a page in the history of Romania was written.
On April 26, 1992, several hundred thousand people came to greet King Mihai I at the "Sfântul Gheorghe-Nou" church (St. George's new Church) in Bucharest, to receive him "at home" again. It was one of the most emotional moments I have ever experienced, a moment I then looked at through the eyes of a 7-year-old boy who was just seeing his grandfather in a different role - that of Sovereign of the country.
Yesterday I relived those emotional moments with those present at the Holy Mass, on which occasion I prayed for my grandparents. The pastor of the church, Fr. Emil-Nedelea Cărămizaru, Father Gheorghe Bogdan, the parish priest of the place in 1992 and journalist Marilena Rotaru were with me to unravel the memories.
I also had the honor of signing on the Gospel, along with my grandfather's signature in 1992, which made yesterday all the more special to me."

you can say what you want, but Nicolae knows how the symbolism and mechanisms of monarchy work! Sorry to say to those Margareta-supporters, but IMO she can learn from him!

you can say what you want, but Nicolae knows how the symbolism and mechanisms of monarchy work! Sorry to say to those Margareta-supporters, but IMO she can learn from him!

I'm not a partisan support of either of them (I think they need each other if this quasi official status is going to survive) but I think Margareta knows a lot about symbolism and the monarchy. She and Radu and some of her sisters do as much of what reigning houses do as the possibly can, including church services and connections to her parents.

Nicolae also does the best he can with what he has and in some ways appears to be succeeding on his journey to continue to establish himself to at least a section of Romanians.

I do think he talks a lot about King Mihai in part because as well as being the respected person and beloved grandfather, he wants people to forget that it was his grandfather that disinherited him in the first place and perhaps shift blame elsewhere.

Former Prince Nicolae was in the church where King Mihai entered after exile: "I also prayed for my grandparents"
A commemorative moment took place after the Holy Mass. The speeches were given by the parish priest of Km. Zero, Fr. Emil-Nedelea Cărămizaru, Father Gheorghe Bogdan, the parish priest of this place in 1992, Prince Nicolae and Marilena Rotaru.
Fostul Principe Nicolae a fost în biserica în care a intrat Regele Mihai după exil_ „M-am rugat și pentru bunicii mei” » Fanatik.ro

30 de ani de la venirea în țară a Regelui Mihai cu Prințul Nicolae de mână. Evenimentul Săptămânii - FOTO VIDEO ISTORICE _ ActiveNews

Nicolae at his Facebook
30 years since the return of King Michael. See you tomorrow, Saturday, April 30 at 21:00 at Realitatea.NET, Behind the Scenes
30 de ani de la revenirea Regelui... - Nicolae al Romaniei _ Facebook

Prince Nicolae, emotional interview: why Iliescu did NOT want King Mihai in Romania - Behind the scenes of the parallel state, Saturday, 9 p.m.
Exclusive interview with Prince Nicolae, 30 years after King Mihai returned to Romania.
How the prince lived when he was only 7 years, at that time, the exceptional moment that took hundreds of thousands of Romanians full of hope in the street.
Nicolae reveals what his majesty told his relatives about Romania's future when he passed under the Arc de Triomphe and why Iliescu did not want the king in the country.
Prințul Nicolae, interviu emoționant_ de ce Iliescu NU l-a vrut pe Regele Mihai în România - Culisele statului paralel, sâmbătă, ora 21

Nicolae's interview at "Culisele statului paralel" in three parts. With him were Marilena Rotaru, journalist (the President of The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown), and Dan Drăghicescu, associate producer of the documentaries "Războiul Regelui", "Maria Inima României" and "Regele Mihai: Drumul către casă". At the third part also His Eminence Calinic, Archbishop of Argeş and Muscel, is interviewed.
Realitatea.NET _ Culisele Statului Paralel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom