Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is not appropriate for us to assign blame to others for lack of character or to judge parenting.

But those people who are willingly after their 15 minutes of fame are legitimate subjects for discussion.

There are no children involved here. They are all adults.

Agreed. These attention seekers have opened themselves up to have their own backgrounds investigated by the press. They can't cry when the legitimate and tabloid media unearth some embarrassing but true and report it. It gets legs because they willing tied themselves to Meghan. Meghan is right to stay silent because she is going to be more sympathetic in the long run.

Samantha knows she not getting invited. This is all just a PR game to her. Her new angle is to pretend to show remorse so she can play that card to the fullest extent when she tries to promote this book. "I am misunderstood!" is what she is saying now.

As for her TV gig? I fully expect her and the other wayward Markles to be in the crowds of Windsor or in some studio giving commentary.

Another thing that is contradictory that has occurred to me is that if Samantha Grant has contracted and agreed to be a "wedding correspondent" on the day of the wedding, what happens should she actually get an invite? Does she drop the contract with the TV station in a New York minute and put on the glad rags and hightail it to Windsor Castle? The woman is delusional and has a very short attention span. Says one thing one day and flip flops to something else totally opposite the next.

Go figure. :D

I still think there is no contract, but if there were, the network can sue Samantha for breach. The network won't get any money but it can damage her reputation so no agency or production company will not want to do business with her.

Samantha knows she not getting invited. This is all just a PR game to her. Her new angle is to pretend to show remorse so she can play that card to the fullest extent when she tries to promote this book. "I am misunderstood!" is what she is saying now.

As for her TV gig? I fully expect her and the other wayward Markles to be in the crowds of Windsor or in some studio giving commentary.

I again agree. She doesn't even want an invite. If she was invited, she'd be among 600 other guests. She'd have to sit through the ceremony in the church, she'd have to mingle with other people at the reception. She wouldn't get any special attention. She doesn't want that. She doesn't care about Meghan, the wedding and all that. This is only a PR method to try to gain sympathy, and somehow make herself a victim.

If she's in a studio as some sort of correspondent, her mug would be on screen with only a few other people. She'd be interviewed, she could spew her 'info' uninterrupted. That's what she wants, attention on herself. Meghan and this wedding is just a tool to achieve that. That's why she's got herself an agent. To find a way to get a piece of Meghan's life in any way or form possible. Way to gain attention on herself.

Same goes for all the other markles except Tom Sr. I mean the ex sister-in-law who hasn't seen Meghan in 20 years has got herself into interviews. Why? She doesn't even know Meghan or care for her. It's just her way to get attention and some easy money. A correspondent gig gives her and the nephew a free, fully accommodated trip to UK and spare cash.

Same goes for all the other markles except Tom Sr. I mean the ex sister-in-law who hasn't seen Meghan in 20 years has got herself into interviews. Why? She doesn't even know Meghan or care for her. It's just her way to get attention and some easy money. A correspondent gig gives her and the nephew a free, fully accommodated trip to UK and spare cash.

I'd really find myself rolling on the floor in hysterics if what happened is that these "royal correspondents" find themselves being filmed in their own home to be broadcast as "fillers" when the actual commentators need a quick bathroom run. :D

It would even be better if the "fillers" were preempted from airing due to something incredibly stupid any of them do before the actual wedding date.

For the life of me, I can't see why any media outlet would pay all the expenses to the UK for people who openly admit they have no real relationship with Meghan as an adult at all. Then again, the media outlets may have more money than brains.

Go figure. :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tom-clicks-harry-prince-strikes-12246794

Harry makes the effort to forge a relationship with Meghan's daddy. He calls he regularly to discuss the wedding. That is great!!

It's curious to me that some here view this woman as legit. I initially was questioning the photo, thinking it might be photo-shopped. I just read the article and it is very 'thin'. IF this woman did in fact convey all this to a reporter (if that set-up is real) it could be that the reporter sort of started walking with her to her car, was amiable enough to melt her defenses and got her to mention some stuff. But I am a huge skeptic on this. :sad: A lot of what she is supposedly saying makes no sense given what little we do know.

'Regular' people do not understand how reporters work, and especially tabloid reporters. Most people find it hard to walk away from a question without politely acknowledging the question. It's human nature that the reporter is counting on.

Still, color me cynical on this one. :ermm: I really doubt Harry is calling regularly. Doubt the father is talking like this.

I understand and agree with your reservations about this woman. However, she actually could be on the level, finding a friend/father-figure for herself and her child and thinks to repay his kindness by saying the things he won't to reporters.

I understand and agree with your reservations about this woman. However, she actually could be on the level, finding a friend/father-figure for herself and her child and thinks to repay his kindness by saying the things he won't to reporters.

Or she is a set-up. :sad: Agreed to get photographed. She is looking at the camera. Who knows? Since we don't have normal journalism at work here, with checks on sources, etc. Anyway, if I were Meghan, I'd be having a serious talk with me papa. :rolleyes: (Unless he's failing in some way: always possible).

Last edited:
It's curious to me that some here view this woman as legit. I initially was questioning the photo, thinking it might be photo-shopped. I just read the article and it is very 'thin'. IF this woman did in fact convey all this to a reporter (if that set-up is real) it could be that the reporter sort of started walking with her to her car, was amiable enough to melt her defenses and got her to mention some stuff. But I am a huge skeptic on this. :sad: A lot of what she is supposedly saying makes no sense given what little we do know.

'Regular' people do not understand how reporters work, and especially tabloid reporters. Most people find it hard to walk away from a question without politely acknowledging the question. It's human nature that the reporter is counting on.

Still, color me cynical on this one. :ermm: I really doubt Harry is calling regularly. Doubt the father is talking like this.

I get what you are saying and I agree to a point, however, let me make a point. None of us know Harry or Meghan, therefore, we will never get conformation on what's true or legit in this case. Harry calling Meghan's dad makes sense. Harry needs to make the effort with Meghan's dad without her having to telling him. It's wise and the right thing to do. Meghan is joining his family, yes, BUT lets not forget that Harry is also joining hers.

Sitting here wondering what I would do if a relative of mine married well-known person and was asked for an interview the phrase "no comment" would come to mind. What could I possibly say about someone that had no recent part in my life. If reporter kept annoying me or my family, police would be called and charges made for harassment would be threated . The individuals that gave interviews wanted to throw their two cents out there as it made them feel important. Jealousy is an awful thing that warps people's brains. JMHO

Sitting here wondering what I would do if a relative of mine married well-known person and was asked for an interview the phrase "no comment" would come to mind. What could I possibly say about someone that had no recent part in my life. If reporter kept annoying me or my family, police would be called and charges made for harassment would be threated . The individuals that gave interviews wanted to throw their two cents out there as it made them feel important. Jealousy is an awful thing that warps people's brains. JMHO

Agreed. I would totally say "no comment".

I do think some regular people (maybe like this woman) don't realize how the tabloids work. They have ways of getting a story without you having to say much. "Blah blah blah - just stay silent if this is true!" --> if you take the silent route they trap you. If you talk they trap you.

Last edited:
Take a look at the excerpts from Morton's book about the Markles. Father and son are not looking good. Athough Tom Sr adored Meghan he let Tom Jr smoke weed in the house. Jr couldn't smoke it around baby Meghan.When Jr did Dad had a crazy scared straight program. Bracing myself for the Samantha excerpts.

Are the excerpts embarassing sure, but call me when they get to toe sucking, tampon wishing level. The stories seem really on a pedestrian level and not really bad or scandalous.

Are the excerpts embarassing sure, but call me when they get to toe sucking, tampon wishing level. The stories seem really on a pedestrian level and not really bad or scandalous.

Oh Lordy - I didn't want that visual resurrected, lol. :lol:

The media seems to be working so hard to cast a narrative for Meghan. We are to believe that her plan started when she read Princess Diana's biography, but any royal fan worth their salt knows that divorcees are frowned upon. We know about Princess Margaret losing the love of her life because of divorce. Diana was quoted to say she was keeping herself tidy for Prince Charles. But Meghan being obsessive must have skipped that part. She not only gets married, she gets DIVORCED. Its possible to know and love Diana, most American's admired her, but we only have a Disney level knowledge of what the royal family is about. We admired and rooted for Diana to stick it to the establishment after the divorce. Independent Diana was who we wanted to be not royal unloved, cheated on Diana.

It’s the indiscreet nature of its though. I mean if the immediate family of the person marrying into the BRF can’t be trusted not to keep selling/telling personal, private information, or even made up lies for profit. Or spite. Why would Harry want anything to do with them? Plus the matter of his private phone calls touted/revealed to a certain tabloid paper, how low is that? The same paper that was either coincidentally or conveniently given the world exclusive of Mr M’s whereabouts late last year when all other media outlets had been searching high and low for that same info in vain. I can imagine Harry racking his brain wondering over whether or not it would be a wise thing to secretly visit Mexico or wherever a meet up is agreed, yet not knowing if the plans will get leaked by the other side? Leaked before the visit or afterwards, and all other information that would entail. And if he decides against another visit as a result of the bad experience it’ll be ‘whining whingatons’ to the tabloid press about how Harry has abandoned one side, he doesn’t visit anymore, we’ve had no invitation to royal events, his mother in law has him in lockdown against ‘our side’ blah blah blah.
(When people show you who they are you sit down and take note)

Harry and his brother have gone to great lengths and pain to cultivate a circle of trust around them, why on earth should he risk all that being dismantled???

Btw Doria is exempted from this as I’m certain there’s been phone calls between her and Harry with her daughter. And there hasn’t been peep from her or any close friends about this cos she’s discreet with no hidden agenda and wouldn’t hurt her daughter like that. Plus Prince Harry is clearly impressed with her and said so with his OWN mouth.

Last edited:
Sitting here wondering what I would do if a relative of mine married well-known person and was asked for an interview the phrase "no comment" would come to mind. What could I possibly say about someone that had no recent part in my life. If reporter kept annoying me or my family, police would be called and charges made for harassment would be threated. The individuals that gave interviews wanted to throw their two cents out there as it made them feel important. Jealousy is an awful thing that warps people's brains. JMHO

Thank you. It doesn’t take a genius to work out it isn’t a hard thing thing to do, no excuses. Can’t blame ‘ignorance’ for indiscretions like this, sorry but claiming ‘ignorance’ is just one almighty excuse to use as justification. They’re not kids. Others manage not to say a thing at all not even ‘no comment’. And still go about their daily business even in the face of excessive media intrusion.

Last edited:
Didn't Princess Mary fall for a media scam when she was dating Frederik?

Very nice article about Meghan's dad. From what I've come to know of him, he's a man that takes life as it comes and he seems to be the kind of guy that could get along with anybody. He's not a fame and glory hound and there's nothing pretentious about him.

From what I know of Harry and now of Tom Sr., I think those two will have no problems getting along.

Thanks for the link about Tom Snr, Gawin. After all the online sniping elsewhere about 'hiding out in Mexico' etc etc its good to read that he's living a nice quiet life in a gated community in Rosario. I agree Tom seems to be genuinely down to earth and friendly.

Morton’s book will end up as fish & chip paper before we know it so a waste of time to place much value in it. Same will apply to Sam’s version if it it ever gets to see the light of day, that is. The media will eventually lose interest in these people at some point and their escapades will be forgotten by the end of the year unless something controversial happens between H&M down the line. Or if the couple are ever tempted to involve these proven untrustworthy people in their lives as well as those who could possibly feed Sam tidbits to feast on.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link about Tom Snr, Gawin. After all the online sniping elsewhere about 'hiding out in Mexico' etc etc its good to read that he's living a nice quiet life in a gated community in Rosario. I agree Tom seems to be genuinely down to earth and friendly.

I appreciate that the article tries to puncture the nonsensical "Tom Sr. is a recluse" narrative. Where does that idea even come from? Is it just because he lives in Mexico? As if there were nothing in Mexico but scrub and isolated coastal inlets? I mean, while the town he's in is on the Mexican side of the border, it's practically a suburb of San Diego. And he's not holing up in his house, either; he's seems to be living a very normal life out and about at stores, coffee shops, etc. (perhaps it's a newsflash that those exist in Mexico:bang:).

:previous: And "No comment, kids, no comment." :cool:

So why are some so easily believing he's (supposedly) 'getting his comments out' via a woman he's just recently met (apparently)? :ermm:

What I'm wondering: if it's a gated community, how are they succeeding in ringing his doorbell? Subterfuge, I'm guessing. But I'd believe the L.A. Times before I'd believe a tabloid assertion regarding a source. JMO.

I appreciate that the article tries to puncture the nonsensical "Tom Sr. is a recluse" narrative. Where does that idea even come from? Is it just because he lives in Mexico? As if there were nothing in Mexico but scrub and isolated coastal inlets? I mean, while the town he's in is on the Mexican side of the border, it's practically a suburb of San Diego. And he's not holing up in his house, either; he's seems to be living a very normal life out and about at stores, coffee shops, etc. (perhaps it's a newsflash that those exist in Mexico:bang:).

I have had issue with people calling that as well. It literally was thrown on him by the lies of the Daily Fail because he didn't want to be in the media nor talk to them. They couldn't track him down easily so he became a hermit. It is ridiculous. The fact that people say he is always out and about minding his own business proves that is not the case. The tabs seem to find it pretty easy to snap pictures of him now that they know his location. Again, how does that make him a recluse? So I think people need to knock it off with that label especially when a tabloid gave it to him in order to paint a negative picture on the world of all things Meghan Markle.

I have had issue with people calling that as well. It literally was thrown on him by the lies of the Daily Fail because he didn't want to be in the media nor talk to them. They couldn't track him down easily so he became a hermit. It is ridiculous. The fact that people say he is always out and about minding his own business proves that is not the case. The tabs seem to find it pretty easy to snap pictures of him now that they know his location. Again, how does that make him a recluse? So I think people need to knock it off with that label especially when a tabloid gave it to him in order to paint a negative picture on the world of all things Meghan Markle.

This. It is obvious the media is out for blood with Meghan---and yes I do think it is worst than other recent brides. If that means they have to drag her friends and family, otherwise private people, so be it!

Anyone that is high profile in the public limelight seems to be fair game to turn into a reality soap opera and every little nook and cranny about these people are dissected and analyzed. Its going for the "gasp" reaction. Good works and charitable and humanitarian endeavors are all well and good but its the things that provide a shock reaction and presents a "less than nice" angle of a person that sells. That's why the Daily Fail and its commentators are still in business.

Gossip has come a long way since being exchanged over the back yard fence in hushed whispers. Its a multi million dollar business. It survives because people buy into it and eat it up and come back for more. :D

None of this is shocking or scandalous. We went from 90's toe sucking to getting divorced and only taking a blender when you could of got alimony??!! Her only crime is looking up to Princess Diana LIKE BILLIONS of people around the world. She cried at Diana's funeral LIKE I DID! lets stone her. She partied in college like KATE, WILLIAM and CHELSY did??!!

Where is the scandal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom