Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an adorable little butterball she is!

Comparisons to what Kate and William did at their son's christening have nothing to do with Maud's christening. Riles me that no one can have center stage without bringing the Cambridges into it. Bah!

Who are Baby Maud's godparents?
I haven't seen it mentioned anyplace.

Comparisons to what Kate and William did at their son's christening have nothing to do with Maud's christening. Riles me that no one can have center stage without bringing the Cambridges into it. Bah!

Well said, it gets my goat as well. Other irritant is that the Christening robe (not dress) was "recycled". :bang:
No it wasnt, it is tradition.

The Cambridges went from KP to Clarence House where they would have put the gown on George - they then just had to walk through to the Chapel. The door they came out of prior to then entering the church (when William was holding George) was the way through to Clarence House.

I did wonder if the Windsors realised they needed one or even had one. I say that cos they live in America and its the 1st g'child and maybe it was that simple.

I also think its a hire car.

The grand parents of the baby live here. The parents grew up here, and have only lived in the US for a few years. IMO, it is quite irresponsible and there really is no excuse for them to not be using a car seat.

The grand parents of the baby live here. The parents grew up here, and have only lived in the US for a few years. IMO, it is quite irresponsible and there really is no excuse for them to not be using a car seat.
I was stunned to see that Maud was not in a car seat.:eek: The christening robe could have been put on after they arrived if they were concerned about it being wrinkled.

Car seats for kids is the law here too. Citations only happen if you are pulled over and they see it - or for exceptional circumstances (the cop drives by as your 6 and 7 year olds are playing catch with the babe). Cops go straight to tickets though - no warnings - and that's the best for the care of the kids.
They currently live in California which has some of the strictest car seat laws in the country.

Totally agree, it's a shame that Maud and her parents haven't been allowed to enjoy such a special moment without such comparisons being made.

As for the comments in various articles etc about them "reusing" or "recycling" the christening gown, I was christened in the very same gown that my grandfather had been..it's this little thing called tradition, funny enough the Royal family and the Monarchy as a whole are steeped in it so it would look odd if she hadn't worn that christening set.

I thought she looked quite bonny in the whole thing.

It would be nice if the media would stop these comparisons, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if the media would stop these comparisons, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. :whistling:

By doing comparisons, they'e drawing more people to read their articles that normally wouldn't give it a second glance. Right now as far as the media and the monarchy are concerned, its the Cambridges that are their golden goose egg.

I'm sure the Windsor family had a very special time at their daughter's christening and these comparisons weren't in their minds at all.

I don't think James wore it, he was quite big when he was christened.

James was the first royal baby to wear the new gown, followed by Savannah and Isla Phillips and Prince George, Rather surprised Maud also wore it because none of the grandchildren of the duke of Kent (Prince Michael's older brother) were baptized wearing the original gown, although Lord St. Andrews, lady Helen and Lord Nicholas all wore the original gown as did Frederick and Ella.

Princess Michael herself brought up Prince George when she talk about her Granddaughter christening.

Maud is a beautiful baby and she looked bonny in her christening bonnet.

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
Lady Frederic should either use a professional makeup artist or come makeup-free. On a different note, I did not know that Malcolm McDowell is British.

Last edited:

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor attended the drinks reception hosted by Dockers, the San Francisco based apparel brand, at Kensington Palace on the eve of 'Dockers Flannels For Heroes' cricket match on June 19, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Maud is a lovely girl. Hopefully she will resemble Princess Marina. Lady Frederic's photo is somewhat odd. She seems to gain a lot of weight as any woman in a delicate condition does.

Last edited:
How time flies! Can't believe Maud is so big already. She reminds me of her father when he was a child.

Little Maud is adorable and she looks so grown up! The photo was part of a Hello spread in connection with Princess Michael's seventieth birthday. I don't think she looks like the Windsors that much. I was surprised that there weren't any photos of her for her first birthday, they had one for Maud's birth and Princess Michael had one for her seventieth birthday. But then again, I get the impression that Freddie and Sophie want to live a more private life.

Isn't Sophie pregnant again?

She put on weight.

Little Maud is adorable and she looks so grown up! The photo was part of a Hello spread in connection with Princess Michael's seventieth birthday. I don't think she looks like the Windsors that much. I was surprised that there weren't any photos of her for her first birthday, they had one for Maud's birth and Princess Michael had one for her seventieth birthday. But then again, I get the impression that Freddie and Sophie want to live a more private life.

They are private individuals who happen to have royals as close relatives - they aren't going to be undertaking royal duties, will never be the King and Queen (baring a King Ralph scenario) so they should be able to have a private life with no need to publish regular photos. The Gloucester's who are closer in the line of succession, as well as the Duke of Kent's grandchildren haven't been exposed so why should Maud be?

Isn't Sophie pregnant again?

She put on weight.

If so there has been no announcement - and there is no need for a public announcement anyway - given their distance from the throne.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are private individuals who happen to have royals as close relatives - they aren't going to be undertaking royal duties, will never be the King and Queen (baring a King Ralph scenario) so they should be able to have a private life with no need to publish regular photos. The Gloucester's who are closer in the line of succession, as well as the Duke of Kent's grandchildren haven't been exposed so why should Maud be?

I know that Freddie and Sophie are more private as they are part of the extended RF.

I just wondered because they've been featured in Hello for Maud's birth and Princess Michael was featured in Hello for her birthday this year. (But then again that's only two times.)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom