King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family, General News 2, Sep. 2017 - Dec. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like a well filled, very heavy backpack. Which, worn on one shoulder, would make your steps uneven.
So, the primary schools in Belgium started up. Does Eleonore always walk that wobbly or would it be the nerves of going back to school/seeing a camera?

So, the primary schools in Belgium started up. Does Eleonore always walk that wobbly or would it be the nerves of going back to school/seeing a camera?

The Flemish ones had a test phase today, the French speaking schools did not. The official start is on Monday.

I believe only a few age groups are expected to return. None of these groups will go to school the entire week but only for a few days. The rest of the time will be made up by online schooling at home. Only 10 children will be allowed in a school room at the same time. Kindergartens will stay closed until the end of May at least.

Last edited:
Interesting that Eleonore has gone back already. She is starting to look a lot like Elisabeth! I don't think there was anything wrong with the way she was walking - as SLV pointed out, her backpack - as a backpack normally does on the first day back - did seem pretty heavy.

Last edited:
Lovely photos from the Belgian RF.

Although people mentioned it a million times already, let me mention it again: Emmanuel really is the spitting image of his father. Gabriel seems to be towering over the rest of the family, he must be delighted to be dragged to an open air museum with the family at that awkward age ;).

Lovely photos of the family! Love Elisabeth's style, I have similar pants but mine are greener. Gabriel is now the tallest in the family of 6, how cute is that! I wonder if Emmanuel will be as tall as his brother.

Gabriel looks so grown up now! Elisabeth has a great personality; she always seems happy and relaxed. It looks as if it were a fun summer day out for the family and it was nice that they published the photos.

I assume this was their yearly day out that is always photographed?!

No children in the family left; all teenagers... Not sure why Philippe chose those shoes; and Gabriel seemed to be in a different climate than the rest of the family ?

Last edited:
Such a special Family! I am happy they shared some oof their vacation fun with us.

Such a special Family! I am happy they shared some oof their vacation fun with us.

I am not sure all of the family members count this among their 'vacation fun'; most likely it is primarily their 'photo call duty' that they need to go through before they can start their vacation fun - just like most other royal families.

We are very spoilt with this beautiful family. I remember Philippe saying the day of Gabriel's birth that he had big feet and hands and that he would become very tall !

There seem to be some little surprises coming as a video from inside the Palace was posted today with the following:

"Keep an eye on our social media over the next few days!"

** Post with video **

King Philippe received last Friday Egbert Lachaert, whom he had then appointed preformator. The president of the Open Vld learned Tuesday of the positive result of his coronavirus test (Covid-19) and now the palace said King Philippe is to be tested too

https://www.lesoir.be/323697/article/2020-09-08/le-roi-philippe-va-se-faire-tester-au-coronavirus

King Philippe tested negative for coronavirus

https://www.7sur7.be/belgique/le-roi-philippe-teste-negatif-au-coronavirus~a447675a/

King Philippe with Queen Mathilde dined at restaurant Boury in Roeselare yesterday evening.

Queen Mathilde: Dining at Boudry

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Does anyone know who the other boy is? The one with Gabriel, they are dressed identically, is he a classmate and they are both wearing their uniform or something?

Does anyone know who the other boy is? The one with Gabriel, they are dressed identically, is he a classmate and they are both wearing their uniform or something?

Rather strange indeed. If they take someone on a day trip like this, they surely know that will raise questions... Is he keeping Gabriel company now Elisabeth isn't there to do so?

It's Leopold, the son of Guillaume and Sibilla of Luxembourg. A magazine article on the occasion Elisabeth's birthday last year mentioned that he studies in Brussels and lives at Laeken castle with Philippe and Mathilde's family.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Well spotted hard to believe Prince Léopold turned 20 earlier this year.

Well spotted hard to believe Prince Léopold turned 20 earlier this year.

He looks around Gabriel's age or younger than him, maybe because of the physical contexture, Gabriel is not only tall but also very broad, huge shoulders and back.

Gabriel is indeed very tall and becoming very handsome. He will be an extremely eligible bachelor in the future as probably will Prince Leopold. Wouldn’t it be something if romance blossomed between him and the Duchess of Brabant?!

Its nice that they included the kings cousin Prince Leopold in this family event.

It's Leopold, the son of Guillaume and Sibilla of Luxembourg. A magazine article on the occasion Elisabeth's birthday last year mentioned that he studies in Brussels and lives at Laeken castle with Philippe and Mathilde's family.

Isn't it odd that the Belgian taxpayers should pay for a foreign prince's housing?

Isn't it odd that the Belgian taxpayers should pay for a foreign prince's housing?

What would be the additional costs of a family member living with them? If he would have separate housing paid for by the Belgian tax payers that would be a very different case but in this case I don't see a problem.

Why should they be prohibited from having a family member temporarily reside with them? We also had cousins living with us for a while if they were doing their internships close by (mostly for a few months, one for years but only part of the week), so that might color my view...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom