King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News, Part 2: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crazy how much hate is aimed at her...

Since day 1, there are a certain sect of people that just despise her. Never mind the fact that she has been a consummate professional in her royal duties since her engagement.

What a horrible comment ,there seems to be an air of toxicity towards Letizia from several angles of late.

There's been toxicity against Letizia from the first day. Much of that toxicity came from the Spanish Royal House itself, which was controlled by Juan Carlos. Juan Carlos is the old kind of misogynistic man - do as I say, but don't do as I do. He didn't want Felipe to marry a confident woman in her own right because he wanted someone from his own circle to control. He abdicated, against his wish, but still has a lot of influence with important people and journalists.

As to the secretary of Sport being sacked for his comments, well, he's part of the same cohort in sport like Rubiales, the Spanish President of the Football Federation, who grabbed his genitals next to Infanta Sofia in the Women's Final World Cup, and then kissed a player against her consent.

They are part of a web of corruption and misogynistic attitudes that do not represent Spain today but still have influential positions in politics, sports etc as part of the old "boy's club".

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ims-affair-reposts-selfie-confesses-love.html

Jaime del Burgo has repeated his claims on X (after deleting his posts in the weeks before) that he had a relationship with Letizia before and after her 2004 wedding to King Felipe.

In his claim, he lists them as: '1) Love relationship, from 2002 to 2004; 2) Friends and confidants, from 2004 to 2010; 3) Long-lasting and continuous loving relationship, 2010 and 2011; 4) As brothers-in-law, from 2012 to 2016.

I feel for this family at this time - especially Leonor and Sofia who are exposed to this rumours being played out in the press. I think from recent engagements it appears to have taken a toll on Letizia, she is a professional, but recently I felt she has looked strained or tired on recent appearances.

I hope for the sake of the family & the monarchy in Spain that these rumours are false cause they are probably the most damaging ones yet to have come out of the royal house in Spain in what has been a difficult 10 years for them. I have always felt that Letizia and Felipe were a great match but we never know the truth

This is truly awful and I think this will go on and on as it seems the daggers are out for Letizia.

I'm surprised this is still going on. I thought it had died down during the holidays.

Its not even like the queen can defend herself with these accusations,I had hoped when he deleted it that was the end of it.

The Spanish press in general is not really spreading these stories. They know that these two despicable people are neither truthful nor have they provided any real evidence. Even some media and journalists must feel some "regret" because in the past they went along with them and contributed to the harassment.

Those who are spreading, inventing, manipulating are:

- Catalan media for which this is a means of attacking the Crown, at a time when they have a negotiation with the Spanish government. The Catalan independence website that previously invented 10 fake news stories a day about the Royal House, now invents 20 and they are more terrible every day.

- Websites and figures linked to the extreme right and conspiracy theories... that do not respect the Spanish democratic system nor the result of the elections.

- Unscrupulous people who have YouTube and Tik Tok accounts and seek to generate money.

The international media and people from outside Spain, especially Latin Americans, are giving this much more impact than the Spanish people.

For most people with a little common sense, this is a ruthless and sexist attack that has political and personal revenge goals.

An attack that has been initiated by a misogynistic and classist old man whom the majority of Spaniards hate and a dark character protected for being a "son of" and about whom the press does not dare to talk, because they know that he has a mental problem, but if they say it, he denounces them.

I feel for this family at this time - especially Leonor and Sofia who are exposed to this rumours being played out in the press. I think from recent engagements it appears to have taken a toll on Letizia, she is a professional, but recently I felt she has looked strained or tired on recent appearances.

I hope for the sake of the family & the monarchy in Spain that these rumours are false cause they are probably the most damaging ones yet to have come out of the royal house in Spain in what has been a difficult 10 years for them. I have always felt that Letizia and Felipe were a great match but we never know the truth

My guess is that the first 10 years were even more difficult for Letizia, when the family threw her under the bus and Felipe was not in the position to back up his wife.
I don't think that their marriage has ever been easy, given the conflicts it cannot have been easy, the Royal House has even once taken the trouble to confirm that the couple had ups and downs.
I get the vibe that now Letizia has found her position as Queen and seems to embrace it, at least the work part, what I never saw as PoA.
What JC always said about Sofia, 'she's a great professional', the same can Felipe say about Letizia. It may come it great personal cost though.

I've never gotten the feeling that theirs was an easy marriage and frankly that's for a lot of reasons and I think there's been a lot of people playing a role from the royal family to Letizia and Felipe themselves, the press, etc. This can't be easy on any of them, especially not on their daughters. But it does seem to be par for the course. I would agree with the assertion that Letizia has looked a bit more tired, drawn, and reserved as of late so it does seem that this particular round is taking a heavy toll on her but it likely would on anyone.

I don't understand why she didn't deny it and made a statement or give an answer through a lawyer.

I don't understand why she didn't deny it and made a statement or give an answer through a lawyer.

That would add fuel to the fire in my opinion,she's the Queen Consort of Spain and her dignified silence speaks louder.

These accusations must be really shaking Letizia. She unfortunately suffered many disappointments and betrayals from people close to her since she married Felipe. From a cousin who wrote a book about her, to an aunt who declared herself a republican and gave unfriendly interviews about the royal family and this former friend of hers and Felipe who came forward to make these unfounded accusations (several Spanish journalists I spoke to say that has no credibility and is not mentally well). Fortunately, the most serious Spanish press didn't even touch on this subject, only the most sensationalist ones talked about it, some even wrote absurd and meaningless articles.
Felipe and Letizia have always been united and they just have to wait for the storm to calm down and they come out of it all stronger. The majority of the Spanish press is on their side, as are the Spanish people (the majority certainly).

Her aunt and cousin are an utter disgrace but not on the same level as her ex brother in law ,he seems to be hell bent on destroying her and for what!

The Royal House normally never denies this type of bullshit, partly to downplay its importance, and also because in the end the damage to the image of undergoing a public trial does not compensate for the minimum sentence that these people will receive for spreading hoaxes. At this moment even the prosecutor's office could intervene and has not done so.

Social networks and fake news are changing this situation and more and more people are deciding to report it... but for the moment that has not reached the Royal House.

I feel that Letizia is much more subdued these days, withdrawing herself more in favour of Leonor. I think the worst fear is that Leonor becomes the target herself.

I feel that Letizia is much more subdued these days, withdrawing herself more in favour of Leonor. I think the worst fear is that Leonor becomes the target herself.

I believe that Letizia has already suffered the worst, precisely during the time of Juan Carlos when not only did they not support her but they even used these things against her. I think the support of her closest people, time and maybe even psychological support help her get through this.

Now her daughters are her main concern, Leonor is of age, and although the gossip press is more relaxed in Spain, social networks are increasingly uncontrolled and crueler. Precisely for this reason, there must come a time when the Royal House puts limits on this type of harassment.

I really hope that they leave Leonor and Sofia alone ,elements of the Spanish media are very intrusive,I was quite shocked at what I've seen over the years.

"Exiled Juan Carlos may have helped leak rumours of Spanish Queen’s ‘affair’ in revenge move"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/12/13/juan-carlos-helped-leak-queen-affair-rumours/

craziness

I won't be surprised because all these people spreading the rumors know very well the Queen can't defend herself, if she tried they will double down on the attacks.

I don't believe a single word of this gut that is acting like a delusional stalker of the Queen.
Re the former king - he resents his situation at the moment because of his well know arrogance and lack of respect for his wife and his son's wife. The worst part is he can't acknowledge his actions led to his current situation.

Re Queen Letizia, the most idiotic of her stalker/in-law relative claims can't meet reality. Letizia, just like King Felipe, is constantly surrounded by staffers day and night. There have no escapades like they claim, every moment they are surrounded by bodyguards since they are a target for a crazy separatist attack if they let the guard down.

All that garbage is just that, garbage from the tabloids that to this day resent Felipe married not just a commoner, but a Spanish commoner.

I won't be surprised because all these people spreading the rumors know very well the Queen can't defend herself, if she tried they will double down on the attacks.

I don't believe a single word of this gut that is acting like a delusional stalker of the Queen.
Re the former king - he resents his situation at the moment because of his well know arrogance and lack of respect for his wife and his son's wife. The worst part is he can't acknowledge his actions led to his current situation.

Re Queen Letizia, the most idiotic of her stalker/in-law relative claims can't meet reality. Letizia, just like King Felipe, is constantly surrounded by staffers day and night. There have no escapades like they claim, every moment they are surrounded by bodyguards since they are a target for a crazy separatist attack if they let the guard down.

All that garbage is just that, garbage from the tabloids that to this day resent Felipe married not just a commoner, but a Spanish commoner.

The old King is history, why would he be behind these attacks, just out of spite to harm his DIL and his son and his grandchildren and the institution? It may have benefitted him a decade ago to try to prevend his abdication but now?
Fact is there was a time del Burgo was an insider, but that very likely stopped about a decade ago, too.
There might be political motivation in the attacks but I doubt it's coming from the Emeritus.

No I also don't think that JC is behind any of it and has nothing to gain from it ,the queen has just been unlucky with some of her relations and inlaws.

I don't believe that JC is directly behind this story either... but I do believe that he is partially responsible for what is happening.

These two characters do not arise now out of nowhere, whoever initiated these has used them because they have already done the same thing in the past and since no one acted against them they feel immune. Juan Carlos not only did nothing to stop them, but he used them or allowed others to use them to attack Letizia and cover up his own mistakes. If they had been stopped in some way years ago, they would not repeat their bad actions.

Letizia just seems to attract negativity and must have made a few powerful enemies over the years.
They really seem to have it in for her!

I really hope this latest nasty story just goes away.

Letizia just seems to attract negativity and must have made a few powerful enemies over the years.
They really seem to have it in for her!

She is simply the person who generates the most interest and at the same time the weakest element in the chain. If from the first moment the Royal House had put a stop to the attacks, had come to her defense and protected her, this would never have happened. Those who spread this are far-right people, conspiracy theorists and independence supporters... the target is not Letizia, it is the Crown.

Some are already beginning to attack Leonor as they attacked her mother 20 years ago. Does she also attract negativity?

Peñafiel has acted unpunishedly for 20 years, Letizia has had to exchange two words with him in her entire life, but he is a misogynistic and classist man who projected his failures and his frustration at no longer being a royal journalist on Letizia. This man has been hating Sofía for 30 years because a foundation that she presided over did not help him with his drug-addict daughter... but since Sofía has blue blood and is not the "granddaughter of a taxi driver", he does not attack her in that way.:nonono:

I too believe that the first 10 years were much harder for her than what is happening now, she was confident and eager to be an asset but was shut down, left without a proper agenda for years.
Why?
At the time, JC was absolute King and did not have do deflect from anything.
Simply because the family, and this includes the whole family, happens to be misogynistic and classist?
We all know Sofias true love is her son Felipe and to see him on the throne, but still she did not support his wife and obviously Felipe had no power within the family to show the slightest of support in public?
It's hard to believe how this whole drama unfolded after the engagement.

We all know Sofias true love is her son Felipe and to see him on the throne, but still she did not support his wife and obviously Felipe had no power within the family to show the slightest of support in public?
It's hard to believe how this whole drama unfolded after the engagement.

I don't think that's true, that's just the image her office and the press have projected.

She has had no problem "defying" her husband, her son or the institution when she wants to make a point. Perhaps she overstimates her influence on the general public or understimates her family's behavious and scandals.

For example, she was the one who flew to DC and called the paps to be photographed with Cristina and Iñaki after the Noos scandal broke out, disregarding the harm this did to the monarchy and her son, who wasn't yet King.

I believe that with age and power everything gets worse, and Juan Carlos did his will in all aspects, and his family had no power over him. We are talking about a years in which Juan Carlos was living a parallel life, where his will came before his responsibilities and also his family.

It cannot be said that in the end the newcomers to the Royal Family have ended well. Letizia suffered more because she was the heir's wife, but we cannot say that the infantas' husbands emerged unscathed.

Jaime de Marichalar suffered a terrible divorce, in which Juan Carlos contributed more to ruining him than helping him... if it had not been for his last name, his money and his elite friends, he would have ended up with a difficult life. And all despite Sofía, Felipe and Letizia have always shown public closeness to him.

Iñaki Urdangarín tried much more to please his father-in-law who pressured him to earn money so that his family could have the standard of living that corresponded to them... Iñaki believed himself immune like his father-in-law and we can see how it ended... despite that Cristina, Elena and Sofía supported him.

I don't believe that JC is directly behind this story either... but I do believe that he is partially responsible for what is happening.

These two characters do not arise now out of nowhere, whoever initiated these has used them because they have already done the same thing in the past and since no one acted against them they feel immune. Juan Carlos not only did nothing to stop them, but he used them or allowed others to use them to attack Letizia and cover up his own mistakes. If they had been stopped in some way years ago, they would not repeat their bad actions.

I also don't believe that Juan Carlos is behind this story, he wouldn't gain anything from this.

Back
Top Bottom