King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Diamond Jubilee, June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lalla salma in thailand.those pictures are from (brunopress.nl and aapimage.com)

Attachments

• salma2.jpg
    salma2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 508
  • salma1.jpg
    salma1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 361
  • salma.jpg
    salma.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4,734
  • 00738787.jpg
    00738787.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,247
Last edited:
Chantira said:
To do the Princess justice, on the matter of her wearing yellow dresses during the official functions, I think she was being very polite and very correct on etiquette. Yellow is the color of the King of Thailand, both as the color of H.M. King Bhumiphol's birthday (Monday), and the color of the royal standard. As most of you must have seen from the pictures, Thai people are wearing yellow everywhere now. So I think the Princess must have intentionally worn yellow dresses on two occasions as a courtesy to our King, which was really greatly appreciated. :)
i noticed that. when chinese president visited morocco, she had embroidery coat and her caftan had china flag colors, red and yellow.

on spanish visit last year, she had orange coat and bordeaux caftan :confused:
spanish flag :rolleyes:

it's ok from time to time, otherwise it will be a boring idea :eek:
imo it isn't a VERY correct on etiquette, u imagine all guests wear yellow outfits on king birthday :cool:

Wow, the pictures still keep coming... such a spectacular event! The Thai people must feel so proud. I love the pics of the fireworks!

Some samplings:

1. One of the prime candidates for most stylishly striking was Morocco's Princess Lalla Salma. With her stunning, fiery tresses, unique style, enigmatic smile, alabaster skin and the nod to traditional North African influences in her dramatic eye makeup, she cut quite a dash on the "catwalk" of the palace carpet.
To watch the Royal Barge Procession, the statuesque princess wore a high-collared dress coat in a shade of lemon sorbet with lace details, matched with simple accessories.
http://nationmultimedia.com/2006/06/20/entertainment/entertainment_30006819.php

3. Most Beautiful Princess. The stunning beauty of Princess Lalla Salma Bennani, 27, of Morocco, has already become a legend in the Thai Kingdom. Her image of a princess in a fairy tale will continue to linger in the minds of the Thai people for a very long time to come. The Thais can't have enough of her photos. She has a very graceful countenance. She walked like a princess and dressed like a princess. Her movements were like a swan swimming in a lake.

Upon her arrival, Princess Lalla Salma went to the Chatuchak Weekend Market on Sunday to observe the Thai version of a bazaar. She bought three pairs of shoes. She also 20 wristbands with the inscription "We Love the King" when she noticed that many people around her were wearing them.

When a shopkeeper went over to give some gifts to the princess, she asked whether the gifts were expensive or not. If they were expensive, she would rather pay for them than simply take them. When the Princess was told that they were gifts, she asked how to say thank you in Thai. Upon being told that it was "khop khun", she repeated the words and put her palms together in the wai posture.
What a lovely and charming princess!
http://nationmultimedia.com/2006/06/16/opinion/opinion_30006572.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Times2222 for those articles , its nice to see that princess Lalla Salma have made a good impression in Thailande :)

maxima88 said:
when you look on www.vtm.be en than click on 'programma's A to Z' than pick 'Royalty' and than on the right you see 'herbekijke royalty' you can watch the programm of last sunday.. with very good views of Mathilde and Maxima:) :)

Thank you so much ...too bad i don't understand dutch ...i wanted to know what they said about the princesses and queen sofia

iparity said:
Three Princesses in Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn' Family at the royal banquet
Who are they??

From Left to Right
Princess Siriwanwaree (CP daughter from yuwathida)
Princess srirat(current wife)
Princess Patcharakittiyapa (daughter from 1st wife(princess somsawalee))

Royal banquet - 1

More pictures from the royal banquet (Screen Capture from Live broadcast so the quality is too low)

Banquet_01.jpg

Banquet_02.jpg

Banquet_03.jpg

Banquet_04.jpg

Banquet_05.jpg

Banquet_06.jpg

Banquet_07.jpg

Banquet_08.jpg

Banquet_09.jpg

Banquet_10.jpg

Royal banquet - 2

More pictures from the royal banquet (Screen Capture from Live broadcast so the quality is too low) Cont..

Banquet_12.jpg

Banquet_13.jpg

Banquet_14.jpg

Banquet_15.jpg

Banquet_16.jpg

Banquet_17.jpg

Banquet_18.jpg

Banquet_19.jpg

Banquet_20.jpg

Royal banquet - 3

More pictures from the royal banquet (Screen Capture from Live broadcast so the quality is too low) Last part.

Banquet_21.jpg

Banquet_22.jpg

Banquet_23.jpg

Banquet_24.jpg

Banquet_25.jpg

Banquet_26.jpg

Banquet_27.jpg

Banquet_28.jpg

Banquet_29.jpg

Banquet_30.jpg

Banquet Table Decoration

Flower Decorations

*** All Pictures are captured from live Broadcast

Banquet Table Decoration

Menu Covers: made of engraved wood and decorated with the golden royal emblem

*** All Pictures are captured from live Broadcast

Banquet Table Decoration

The imitation models of the royal barges (All models are made of gold and silver)

*** All pictures are captured from live broadcast

Last edited:
Banquet Table Decoration

The Golden Ship

Banquet Table Decoration

Kinnaree (Half bird half woman): Engraved wood decorated with gold accessories, their green wings are made from carapace of the Bupresis beetle

Last edited:
Banquet Table Decoration

Traditional-Thai Plying Dolls: Engraved wood

Banquet Table Decoration

The golden Peacock: Made of Gold and decorate with diamond

Banquet Table Decoration

More picture for the decoration in the royal banquet
From PostToday (Thai Newspaper)

Great news…

Thai Photo Center is back….

I certainly hope it’s going to be permanent..

Several more pictures from the Nation :

A big picture of Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and her father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej

City of Bangkok during the King’s 60th jubilee celebrations

Ha! Thanks for discovering the new location of the thai photo center, Jess! I just needed some pictures from the banquet! :)

another picture of Princess Ubolratana with her daughters (from manager)

hmm both of them are shorter than their mother. khun ploy is such a beauty.

Princess Ubolratana and her doughters looks very happy and pretty:)

Beautiful new photos, Jess. I also enjoy photos of the royals at the banquet -- those behind the scenes photos make me feel as though I get a sneak peek at what is really going on!

yeah, I'm so proud to be Thai

I love my king

Thai people and I love our king

;)

Back
Top Bottom