Jewels worn by Members of the Spanish Royal Family 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes, that's the beautiful Cartier tiara that was made for Queen Ena. She left it to Infanta Maria Cristina and after the Infanta's death it was worn by Queen Sofia. Generally it is assumed that King JC bought it back, but as so often there is no offical information about the terms under which the tiara went to Sofia.

PS. I hope it will be seen worn again soon. ;)

Is Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain, Countess Marone wearing the Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara?

Yes, she inherited her mother's tiara. Her nephew Juan Carlos agreed with her to recover the tiara to the Royal Family.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, that's the beautiful Cartier tiara that was made for Queen Ena. She left it to Infanta Maria Cristina and after the Infanta's death it was worn by Queen Sofia. Generally it is assumed that King JC bought it back, but as so often there is no offical information about the terms under which the tiara went to Sofia.

PS. I hope it will be seen worn again soon. ;)

Queen Sofia alresdy wore the Cartier Pearl tiara in the early 1990's when the Infanta was still alive.
I also wonder when she and her sister Beatriz got the tiaras the inherited from their mother. As far as i remember Infanta Beatriz wore the aquamarine tiara at one of the greek pre-Wedding Balls (don't remember if 1962 or 64) but certainly when her mother was still alive.

Queen Sofia alresdy wore the Cartier Pearl tiara in the early 1990's when the Infanta was still alive.
I also wonder when she and her sister Beatriz got the tiaras the inherited from their mother. As far as i remember Infanta Beatriz wore the aquamarine tiara at one of the greek pre-Wedding Balls (don't remember if 1962 or 64) but certainly when her mother was still alive.
Infanta Beatriz wore the 'empty' circlet tiara at JC pre-wedding in 1962. Was it the first time that the new setting was seen?
König Juan Carlos von Spanien | Getty Images
I think that the other lady in the row is Infanta Maria Cristina? I am always confused about this floral tiara. Is it true that it has emeralds and was sold by the Infanta?

So, if Beatriz received the aquamarines and Maria Cristina maybe received the floral tiara, then did she own the Cartier tiara as well? Maybe she borrowed it from her mother?

But the fleur-de-lys tiara certainly doesn't belong to the Infanta. And it has also never be worn by her.

Yes I noticed that in the article ,I wonder if her new daughter in law will get to wear her Sapphire tiara ?

Yes I noticed that in the article ,I wonder if her new daughter in law will get to wear her Sapphire tiara ?

Is it a relgioius Wedding or only a civil one. If ther later then probably no tiara at all.

Is it a relgioius Wedding or only a civil one. If ther later then probably no tiara at all.

Civil Ceremony at Pilar's Madrid residence,so I guess no tiara.

No tiara, which was to be expected, imo. The groom is divorced, afaik, the marriage was not annulled by the catholic church. So they could only have a civil wedding and those usually don't have tiaras.
Lula posted first pics here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...y-thread-june-2014-a-37040-2.html#post1866987

When was the sapphire tiara seen for the last time? Was it the first wedding of Beltran with Laura Ponte? I would love to see it again.

It is a pity that we don't see the Infanta's in tiaras very much. But recently Portugal got a new President. In the past when portugals Preisdents paid State Visits to Spain also the Infantas Pilar and Margarita attended the State Banquet's. Lets hope they will also in the new reign because i think the new President will soon be invited to a State Visit.

That would be great Stefan! But tbh I'm a bit pessimistic. I doubt that even Infanta Elena would attend (as that would stress the absence of Cristina).

Is this pic from the Portuguese visit in 2006? It is interesting that the Infanta had borrowed the Mellerio wave tiara instead of wearing her own.
View image: es margarita chata

Edit: I should have noted that this is Infanta Margarita. I can't find a pic of Infanta Pilar at the moment.

Last edited:
That would be great Stefan! But tbh I'm a bit pessimistic. I doubt that even Infanta Elena would attend (as that would stress the absence of Cristina).

Is this pic from the Portuguese visit in 2006? It is interesting that the Infanta had borrowed the Mellerio wave tiara instead of wearing her own.
View image: es margarita chata

Edit: I should have noted that this is Infanta Margarita. I can't find a pic of Infanta Pilar at the moment.

Infanta Pilar's tiara at the 2006 visit was barely visible because of her white hair and the quality of the pics. But it was not her diamond and sapphire tiara.

I found this one now, it is the sapphire tiara, but the stones look strange. It might be due to the lightening.
View image: es pilar

Thanks. The nother pics it had seen from that Banquet where all Group pics and taken from a distance so it was not clear which tiara she wore.

I found today this beautiful picture of some of Doña María de las Mercedes' wedding presents and have trouble identifying some of them - the necklace on the botton left of the pictire, the wing brooch next to it, the pair of clip brooches on the right of the tiara (befind the pearl and diamond bracelet), the large round pendant with coloured stones and the diamond earrings above it (an eariler version of the long earrings worn at the 1953 Coronation, perhaps?). Can someone help me identify these, please?

The photo comes from an aricle in the Telegraph about Chaumet's exhibition Une Education Sentimentale.

...and Infanta Margarita with the sapphire tiara. Infanta Pilar also wears an beautiful pearl choker and what seems to be a diamond clip brooch on the sash. And look at the bracelets and earrings! Both infantas knew how to carry off their jewels.

...and Infanta Margarita with the sapphire tiara. Infanta Pilar also wears an beautiful pearl choker and what seems to be a diamond clip brooch on the sash. And look at the bracelets and earrings! Both infantas knew how to carry off their jewels.

Such a shame we rarely get to see them,Infanta Pilar really has an impressive jewel chest.

This was at the State Visit of Queen Elizabeth II. to Spain. Seeing that the Count of Basrcelona was present wonder if also the Countess was and if yes which tiara she wore.

Wasn't the Countess wheelchair bound ,maybe she didn't attend the State Banquet?

Wasn't the Countess wheelchair bound ,maybe she didn't attend the State Banquet?

At that ime she as alrerady wheelchair bound despite that she attend quietr some Events. For example she also attended the Wedding of her grandchildren. But as her diamond and pearl tiara was worn by Infanta Pilar at that Event i guess she did not attend.

I have only ever seen the Countess of Barcelona with 4 different tiaras: the loop tiara and the sapphire tiara that were worn by her daughters for the State Visit, the fleur-de-lys tiara of the passing jewels that are for the Queen, and the Mellerio shell tiara which Queen Sofia received as a wedding present.

I really can't imagine that the Countess would have loaned her Cartier loop tiara to her daughter, if she had attended the banquet. I don't think that I have ever seen a picture of the Countess at a State Banquet.

I'm not so sure that this really is Maria de la Mercedes' pearl necklace. In this one all pearls seem to have the same size, while the ancient pearls of Maria de la Mercedes are graduating in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom