It's a girl! Amelia Morales October 2007 and suggested godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The girl is too cute, and the name is simply beautiful!!

Amelia is so adorable! It's so great to see the whole family. Thanks for the pics.

congratulations

Congratulations to Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales! :flowers:
Very cute name and imo very cute baby! :D

Next girl! Congratulations to the family on all the best to Amelia:flowers:

So at the moment comparing three sisters:
Margrethe II has one granddaughter and three grandsons;
Benedikte has one to one;
Anne-Marie has four to four.

Congrat's to the family:heart: . the new edition is a beautiful lovely girl :angel:

It Is Very Good!!
The "espresso" (greek Newspaper)inform About It.

I have a few questions. Has there been any news on Amelia's baptism? About what age were her siblings when they were baptized? Are they Catholic or Greek Orthodox?

Greek Orthodox. There are quite a few baptism threads in the Greek forum, so they would be worth a look.

Is Carlos Catholic? I would have thought the children would be too...are you sure they're Greek Orthodox?

Is Carlos Catholic? I would have thought the children would be too...are you sure they're Greek Orthodox?

Carlos is catholic, the 2 older girls were baptised Greek Orthodox in a Greek Orthodox church in Greece. Baby Carlos was baptised on Lanzarote where they live, as there's no Greek Orthodox church on Lanzarote, his baptism was held in a catholic church but with 2 priests, one catholic and one Greek Orthodox.

Baby Carlos was about 3 months old when he was baptised, the girls somewhat older as in a Greek Orthodox baptism babies tend to be older as they are undressed and submersed during the baptism.

Carlos is orthodox. Why?

1.The first: in this forum in section "christening of Carlos Morales "

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f77/christening-carlos-morales-7934-2.html

if you see in the pictures of PURPLE PLATINUM , in it is the orthodox priest

2. The second. In the other pictures was the prince Nicolaos and princess Marie Chantal , they were godparents. In the orthodox rite during ceremony, the baby cannot be taken by the parent´s (Marie Chantal had to the baby) in the pictures.

In the catholic rite during ceremony, the mother takes the baby

He is orthodox.

3. The religion catholic and orthodox have a agreement:

The orthodox christen can occur in the catholic church but it cannot be vice versa

Has anybody any idea when will be the christening of little Amelia?

It´s about time now to announce the date of Amelia´s christening: All the other three were baptised at the latest when they were about four months old. Plus: No photos so far of the little newborn since her birth in October 26th......(Hopefully she didn´t develop into the unattractive baby I fear after having seen the first photos....)
Maybe they want to wait until MC´s pregnancy is a little more progessive since I don´t expect Amelia to be baptised in London (none of Alexia´s children has been baptized in London so far....)
To me this birth seemed to be the least "interesting". Not even Constantine managed to appear on the first photos. And as already mentioned Theodora and Carlos´ sister looked horrible unkempt. Sounds a bit harsh, but I believe that everybody was a little disappointed that it came out to be another girl. Arrietta, Carlos and Ana Maria didn´t look too happy either....

Maybe there is something wrong with Amelia. I hope that she is well, and that they haven't delayed the christening due to an illness. That is a very depressing thought, but it could be why she hasn't been christened yet.

Sounds a bit harsh, but I believe that everybody was a little disappointed that it came out to be another girl. Arrietta, Carlos and Ana Maria didn´t look too happy either....
If they were indeed unhappy about a third child of the same sex (which I do not think I must admit), they hadn't deserved the child.
Did Paolos and Marie Chantal look dissatisfied when they presented their 3rd son?

At "Opiniones sobre la Realeza"-message board there seems to be some hint that Amelia´s baptism is to be expected on March 9th in Greece. Please Spanish speaking posters might look over there and translate it for us.

At "Opiniones sobre la Realeza"-message board there seems to be some hint that Amelia´s baptism is to be expected on March 9th in Greece. Please Spanish speaking posters might look over there and translate it for us.

If, it is this forum you have understood it wrong.

Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza

What they comment is that the Alexia´s children were baptized with 4 months of age, and that of Amalia's baptism there is no news. Also they comment that maybe this delay can be because they want to celebrate in Greece as Ana Maria's baptism. But it is only a speculation. Also they comment that in this epoch it is when the family is in the habit of going to Greece to celebrate the memorial for Pavlos and Federika.

On March 9, it is a commentary on the Spanish Royal Family, because this day there are elections in Spain, and up to after this day they have very few activities. It seems to be improbable that Alexia chooses this day to baptize her daughter, because it would make difficult enough the presence of the Spanish Royal Family, and the Queen Sofia has never been absent to the baptisms of her Greek nephews.

Thank you lula for your fast answer!
Pity, so there are still no news about when the baptism will take place. We have to be patient and go on waiting.

How long did it last that HRH Princess Alexia announced the date of baptism of her three older children?

All the other children were baptized latest at the age of four months (Arrietta). Ana Maria was after four weeks!, Carlos after 3 1/2 months.
Strange that there is not one new photo of little Amelia. It´s the longest period that one of the children wasn´t photographed for the public again. Hopefully she isn´t as unattractive as I feared when I saw her a few days after her birth....
Is it common in Greece to baptize babies during the easter holidays?

Predicted godparents

My suggestions for the godparents of Amelia are:

Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
The Prince of Asturias
Maria Teresa Quintana y Gonzales
and two friends

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping that soon we will have some news and photos of this charming family. It is indeed strange that there aren´t any photos since those taken in front of the clinic.

It´s about time now to announce the date of Amelia´s christening: All the other three were baptised at the latest when they were about four months old. Plus: No photos so far of the little newborn since her birth in October 26th......(Hopefully she didn´t develop into the unattractive baby I fear after having seen the first photos....)
Maybe they want to wait until MC´s pregnancy is a little more progessive since I don´t expect Amelia to be baptised in London (none of Alexia´s children has been baptized in London so far....)
To me this birth seemed to be the least "interesting". Not even Constantine managed to appear on the first photos. And as already mentioned Theodora and Carlos´ sister looked horrible unkempt. Sounds a bit harsh, but I believe that everybody was a little disappointed that it came out to be another girl. Arrietta, Carlos and Ana Maria didn´t look too happy either....

I have looked at the pictures of newborn Amelia and there is nothing wrong with the kid. A perfectly normal baby... So I find your remark very unappropriate.

It's known that Anne-Marie travels from London to Barcelona a few months before her daughter is due. Normally her husband travels with her but unfortunatly this time was different. Why is it so hard for you to exept the explanation given by Princess Theodora on the absence of her father? He just didn't arrive on time for the pictures... Planes don't always leave on time you know... I know there's nothing bad going on between Princess Alexia and her father because her father stayed with her in hospital when she was diagnosed with pnomonia while staying in Greece. Can you see someone do that for another if there is something amiss between them. It's not because we didn't see the devorce of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra of Denmark comming that we need to overanalyse all pictures taken by royals.

And for the kids looking unhappy I could easily give you some other explanations then them being unhappy with the baby being a girl. The children are not used to huge crowds of media attention so therefore it could very well be that they don't understand why they have to pose now... Or mayby they are overly happy with the newborn baby sister and not willing to share that with the outside world yet.

Also if you look back on all four pregnancies of Princess Alexia were there a lot of pictures published of her daughters or her son between leaving hospital and their baptism? As far as I can remember there were not a lot of pictures. Could be wrong but Princess Alexia and her husband value their privacy.

As for the baptism of Amalia not being annouced... It could have a number of reasons. One of them could be as simple as not being able to coördinate the agenda's for all the people involved (family, friends, godparents) or Marie-Chantal's pregnacy. My guess would be that Amelia will be baptized on Lanzarote where Carlos was baptized. And that means making a trip from London to Lanzarote for Marie-Chantal and because she's almost 8 months pregnant (due in July if I remember correctly) she is not allowed to fly anymore. It may even be the case that there has been some discussion of baptizing both Amelia and Pavlos' newborn at the same time! Who knows...

Last edited:
Maybe the baby has been baptized already and they decided not to make it a public event. They're not required to share information with the rest of the world. ;-)

You can't really tell much of anything about the baby from the newborn pictures outside the hospital, but I have to think if something were seriously wrong with the child they would have baptized her sooner, rather than later.

(Or, maybe they're planning to make Philippos a godfather and waiting until he graduates this spring...)

Back
Top Bottom