Harry and Meghan: Tour of Southern Africa - September 23-October 2, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both for the links and the photo gallery. Fabulous. Both Meghan and. Harry seemed really pleased to be visiting these worthwhile charities, and the container painted that beautiful bright blue! The Lunch Box Fund was helped by a recent donation from the Sussexes and it must have been fantastic for the organisers to meet their donors almost immediately. Beautiful weather and fantastic causes. What could be better!

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Interview:

Yes, very sweet...she was getting ready to go back to Archie for a bit.

LaRae

interesting that this visit was very low key thus far - nothing like the bling and glamour of the australia and NZ visit. the visits were very informal, meghan's clothes were kept low key - lots of informal, plain, reused clothes, etc. i think after the avalanche of criticism they received lately for being snobbish (private jets, holidays paid by john lennon, NY baby showers, birth and christening of archie kept private, etc), PR teams recommended the couple to be low profile to generate a more down to earth, approachable image.

John Lennon? I know they have connections but not that far I did not think!

I don't see them as " plain, reused clothing" but as lovely as they were the first round. It is quite obvious that Meghan has not yet returned to her pre-baby sylph-like shape so she is wearing what suits the climate and the nature of the engagements.
There were more occasions for "bling and glamour" on the Australasian leg of that tour. Meghan was hardly going to rock up to the first engagements in couture garments dripping in diamond's. Now that really would have been a really pretentious faux pas and worthy of a total wipe out to the DM.

interesting that this visit was very low key thus far - nothing like the bling and glamour of the australia and NZ visit. the visits were very informal, meghan's clothes were kept low key - lots of informal, plain, reused clothes, etc. i think after the avalanche of criticism they received lately for being snobbish (private jets, holidays paid by john lennon, NY baby showers, birth and christening of archie kept private, etc), PR teams recommended the couple to be low profile to generate a more down to earth, approachable image.

That's a possibility, and if so, not at all a bad thing. However, I suspect that this trip, or at least parts of it, were always intended to be less focused on glamour and more focused on grass-root kinds of initiatives. Certainly the engagements so far would indicate that. We'll see how the rest of the trip plays out: we may see more bling and glamour.

I didn't realise South Africa was just an hour ahead of the UK - given the fact that it's quite far from us I would've thought there would be at least a couple of hours time difference. Time zones are a funny thing!

Cute to see the Sussexes' exchange before Meghan went to see Archie. They're such a loving couple.

I think it is time we have a little look at Archie now, preferably WITHOUT a hat !

Just saw on twitter that someone snuck into their hotel/residence in an attempt to get a photo of Archie. Has anyone else heard that?

Now that would be something I'd find very hard to believe. Most likely, Archie has his own RPO stationed nearby wherever Archie is especially if his parents are gone on official business.

If someone *did* attempt to sneak in, I hope they're prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I doubt that they are making their decisions based on false misstep claims listed above as Harry has said before he will continue to make decisions about travel/privacy (and other things) based on what is best for his family as he should. The decisions are probably made based on the engagements themselves and as this is just her second year in the family really the first opportunity Meghan has had to recycle any clothes (especially since she spent the majority of her first year pregnant).

No need to compare the tour from last year to this one as they have completely different purposes. This one is less glamorous if you will, with the focus clearly on the people, grassroots and the good work that is occurring to help specific parts of the community. Personally I am enjoying the engagements and learning more about the history and community of the people in South Africa.

Now that would be something I'd find very hard to believe. Most likely, Archie has his own RPO stationed nearby wherever Archie is especially if his parents are gone on official business.

If someone *did* attempt to sneak in, I hope they're prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Took me forever to find the “origin” of the tweet. It’s a video of photographers talking and they mention that a female photographer snuck into the house during the evening reception. She believed Archie was with his parents. No idea if he was or what happened to the photog. If true, she needs to be sent home. That’s ridiculous.

Took me forever to find the “origin” of the tweet. It’s a video of photographers talking and they mention that a female photographer snuck into the house during the evening reception. She believed Archie was with his parents. No idea if he was or what happened to the photog. If true, she needs to be sent home. That’s ridiculous.

If true, that is absolutely outrageous. It's hard to believe that there wouldn't be some kind of serious consequence, and there should be.

And as hinted at - Archie makes an appearance to meet Archbishop Turu. What an absolute doll. ☺️

There is a video on their IG story.

My own screenshot from the video(hence okay to embed here, I believe) for those who don't use IG:

eta: or not, see below

Last edited:
Yes, yes, yes!! What a gorgeous baby. I think he looks like Harry. Happy, laughing. Fabulous. So that is great, and the media can be satisfied. Well done, little Archie! And you came out to meet very distinguished admirers of yours as well!

Last edited:
oh what an absolute treat to wake up to! Such a special moment for the whole family to meet The Arch.

The Archbishop of Canterbury christened me not long ago. Now I am meeting Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Had daddy and mommy brought me to Rome last weekend maybe i might have run into the Bishop of Rome ???

Archie looks so much like Harry to me, especially his eyes. Very beautiful family

This couple haven't changed a bit since the south pacific tour. They do casual, fun and interaction very well with an excited crowd. And they don't disappoint those who have waited to see them.

Clearly they are still very lovey dovey with each other. I think they are doing just fine as representatives for Her Majesty and for their country.

Archie is lovely and cute !!!! So happy to see him properly !

Archie is Harry’s mini-me with Meghan’s eyes. He’s adorable. Love that they chose to bring him to Desmond Tutu. What a blessing and honor!

So cute and big! He has a little bit of blondish/reddish hair trying to grow!

LaRae

Day 3 of Royal Tour:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom