Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know, hearing the news of the Cambridges' expanding family just may trigger an urgency to have children of their own in Harry and Meghan's minds. It wouldn't surprise me as they both have mentioned wanting a home and family life of their own. :D

It wouldn't surprise me either now that Harry and his future family are moving further down the line of succession that this couple decides to go the route that Edward and Sophie did with having their children titled and styled as children of a Duke and Duchess rather than prince or princess. It would fit more in line of them wishing to have as "normal" of a life as possible.

Then again, they're not even engaged yet (that we know of) and shouldn't jump the gun on anything and let the normal progression of things happen.

That is actually a fair point. Both Victoria and Carl Philip had to wait a long time until their respective marriages became acceptable to their father and to the Swedish public. Harry should drop the secrecy if he wants the Brutish public to warm up to Meghan.

I don't see any secrecy, what I see is privacy, and imo they're two completely different things.

I don't get why British public needs to warm up to Meghan, when they're not engaged, as the British public don't have any say in whom Harry marries or dates.

Let's face it, we won't know whether Meghan is suitable unless she and Harry get married, and we see how she handles it.

Everyone thought Diana was perfect, and look how that turned out.

Meghan may turn out to be ideal, or she may be a disaster; there's simply no way to tell in advance.
As someone said, if worse comes to worst, they will divorce and move on.

Are we allowed to post tweets here? I'm sorry if this isn't allowed, and will delete if not appropriate.

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews

2m
Harry spent 31 Aug at KP with Meghan, and then they went away for the w/end together hence why he hasn't seen #kate this morning... #royals

And if twins Harry won't need permission at all.

Harry might be sixth in line next year, but, when William is king, he will be back to 4th (unless W&K have a fourth child, which I think is unlikely). More significantly, there is a non-negliblle chance that William might actually become king before any of his children come of age, especially now that there is growing pressure on Charles to abdicate. So, unlikely though as it may be, there is still a possibility that Harry might be in a position where he could potentially become regent if needed. In any case, he is still likely to be at least a counsellor of state for quite some time, either under his father's or his brother's reign. So maybe he's not that unimportant after all.

I would say that the person who is most affected by the news of baby #3 for the Cambridges would be Andrew. Once the child is born, he doesn't need the Queens permission to (re)marry. That opens up interesting possibilities.

When it comes to Harry and Meghan, I have no reason to think that the Queen wouldn't give them permission to marry. I assume that Harry has already discussed this with his grandmother. The new baby Cambridge arrival - I guess around april? - might have an impact on a possible wedding date for Meghan and Harry, should they become engaged this fall. I'm sure that Harry would want both his brother and sister-in-law to attend, so I would say that june is the earliest possible date if there's a wedding next summer.

As long as Kate is fertile everything is likely.

It's so good to hear Harry got to spend the anniversary of his mums passing with Meghan. Her presence must've meant a lot to him.

When you cut out all the bull, people should be happy for Harry. He got some personal happiness in his life again. Meghan appears to be very happy too. At the end of the day that's what it's all about; the happiness of the couple. Everything else falls into place after that.

No one have to worry about Meghan being suitable for a possible role as a senior royal.

June is a super busy month royal wise with Trooping the Colour. Ascot week, Garter Service. Highly unlikely

Edward and Sophie were married in June. There's always going to be some event occurring in any month.

Last edited:
My bet if the marry early in the year is March or May.

LaRae

Edward and Sophie were married in June. There's always going to be some event occurring in any month.

They had a very small wedding in Windsor. A bigger wedding in London during a high terror alert time is a different thing. A more low key wedding outside the capital would be easier to carry out on shorter notice.

Maybe a February wedding at St. George's Chapel at Windsor. I think that would be the perfect setting for Harry and Meghan. Royal enough but yet on a smaller, intimate scale to minimize the crowds and security risks. :D

This cracked me up

Duchess Mary @princesspleats
After finding out Harry will soon fall to 6th in line to the throne, Meghan Markle changes her mind ?

This cracked me up

Duchess Mary @princesspleats
After finding out Harry will soon fall to 6th in line to the throne, Meghan Markle changes her mind ?

The comment doesn't make sense because Meghan would have never had the chance to become queen anyway.

Yes, I've read princesspleats occasionally (know where she's coming from) and I expected that you would find that amusing, Rudolph. Actually, after three weeks in Africa Harry and Meghan are obviously getting on extremely well together.

Honestly if there was any chance the queen wouldn't give her approval I dont think it would have gone even this far. Honestly this far from the throne, I think the queen's main concern is her grandkids are happy.

In this day and age, even Charlotte has minimal chance of seeing the throne. Spares in modern age of medicine and lack of assassinations and royals going to war, are very uncommonly actually needed. Since marrying a divorcee is allowed, no worry George would pull a King Edward.

I think may wedding at earliest. Possibly June if they go with a wedding say at Windsor. May choose a smaller wedding like Edward.

Yep I agree...they would of parted ways way before now if there was a family issue.

LaRae

Did I miss an engagement, a wedding and babies and now a divorce all in the space of a few minutes? Darn they are fast workers now aren't they....:lol:

Perfect summation of this thread of late. ?

Just my opinion...

I think Harry and Meghan are engaged. I think an announcement will be made by Harry’s birthday in September. I think they will wed somewhere between November and February.

Again, just my opinion.

:previous:
Princess Anne's first marriage took place in November, so I think that would work for Harry as well.

It would be lovely, if it happened in fact.
I also have a feeling that Harry asked Meghan this most important question in the romantic settings of African sunset (like William did with Kate).

I still stand by my thought all the more reason he wouldn't propose there.

I think Harry will find the perfect timing and location special to him and Meghan. Perhaps a return trip to see the northern lights this winter, and a May wedding. It was their first trip as a couple and the northern lights were special for them. Who knows.

Seeing that we knew that Harry spent August 31st at KP with Meghan and they went away for the weekend, its even possible that he proposed to her while walking the corgis at Balmoral with HM throwing an engagement BBQ.

I can picture HM and Meghan happily chatting while washing the dishes clean after everyone has eaten. :D

Princess Anne's first marriage took place in November, so I think that would work for Harry as well.

The Queen's 70th (I think that's the one) wedding anniversary is in November...I think they are having a big party....so not sure they'd do anything then.

LaRae

I still stand by my thought all the more reason he wouldn't propose there.

I think Harry will find the perfect timing and location special to him and Meghan. Perhaps a return trip to see the northern lights this winter, and a May wedding. It was their first trip as a couple and the northern lights were special for them. Who knows.

Me too..I don't think there was an African proposal.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth was a November bride as well!

I think that given Meghan’s age with regards to fertility, and the advanced age of Harry’s beloved grandparents, this is going to come together quickly in the neR future.

P.S. No offense to Meghan re: age. I had baby #3 it was all routine. When I returned to my OB about 10 months later, pregnant with #4, I was suddenly classified “advanced maternal age.” I used to joke with him (OB) about how seemingly overnight I got really old!!

Seeing that we knew that Harry spent August 31st at KP with Meghan and they went away for the weekend, its even possible that he proposed to her while walking the corgis at Balmoral with HM throwing an engagement BBQ.

I can picture HM and Meghan happily chatting while washing the dishes clean after everyone has eaten. :D

Well considering the Queen, Philip, Charles were all at the Highland Games on Saturday and church on Sunday doesn't seem likely.

Reading this thread, it seems like there really is a big event every month, which would prevent an engagement announcement or wedding, so I'm thinking, that these events won't stop Harry and Meghan, if/when the announcement happens.

I look for late October, December or Jan ....if that soon.

LaRae

Honestly if there was any chance the queen wouldn't give her approval I dont think it would have gone even this far. Honestly this far from the throne, I think the queen's main concern is her grandkids are happy.

In this day and age, even Charlotte has minimal chance of seeing the throne. Spares in modern age of medicine and lack of assassinations and royals going to war, are very uncommonly actually needed. Since marrying a divorcee is allowed, no worry George would pull a King Edward.

I think may wedding at earliest. Possibly June if they go with a wedding say at Windsor. May choose a smaller wedding like Edward.

Albert II of Belgium was a spare and both he and his eldest son ended up being kings because King Baudouin didn't have children of his own. That might happen also in Luxembourg if Guillaume and Stéphanie don't have children and the succession ends up passing to Felix and his children. So, although it is highly unlikely that a spare would become monarch nowadays, it is not completely unheard of, even in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom