Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Harry and Meghan appeared at the WellChild awards in September, I suspected -- it was something in the way she kept holding her clutch over her midsection, almost protectively. Harry was also warmly PDA during that trip, rubbing her back at one point. The body language seemed to hint at it.

Or I'm just seeing things, and we were all expecting this soon, anyway. Either way, congrats to them, and to those in this thread also expecting!

Called it the second Meghan stepped out of the car at the wedding on Friday! ;)

Emily Nash @emynash 7m7 minutes ago
Meghan is thought to be around 12 weeks pregnant, and the couple shared their news with family at the royal wedding on Friday - the Queen, Duke is Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are “delighted for the couple” #royalbaby

Emily Nash @emynash 1m1 minute ago
A Palace spokesman said Meghan’s mum Doria Ragland “is very happy about this lovely news and is looking forward to welcoming her first grandchild” #ROYALBABY #DukeandDuchessofSussex
Even I, a clueless male, thought the same thing at that moment.

Congrats to the happy couple. I had guessed they would start soon given the fact that she´s in her late thirties, but certainly didn´t expect it during this long haul tour.

When Harry and Meghan appeared at the WellChild awards in September, I suspected -- it was something in the way she kept holding her clutch over her midsection, almost protectively. Harry was also warmly PDA during that trip, rubbing her back at one point. The body language seemed to hint at it.

Or I'm just seeing things, and we were all expecting this soon, anyway. Either way, congrats to them, and to those in this thread also expecting!

The way he was rubbing her back was definitely suspicious. It seemed like he was trying to calm her nausea rather than just their typical brand of tactile.

This is 'doing the [Social Network] rounds'...

It's going to take Meghan Markle at least 3 years to become a British citizen. This may seem like just a bureaucratic annoyance. But it's really all part of Perfidious Albion's plot to retake America:
1. So long as she is not a British citizen, she will keep her US citizenship (it would be awkward for a prominent member of the royal family to be stateless). Any kids they have during that time will be US citizens, as well - and "natural born" citizens qualified to become president. As proof that you can be a "natural born" citizen even if born abroad, so long as one parent is a US citizen, the prince can cite the 2016 court decisions in favor of Ted Cruz, on this issue.

2. Obviously, the kids will also be in line to succeed to the British throne.

3. When Harry and Meghan's oldest kid turns 35, and becomes eligible for the presidency, he or she can run for president and win (American voters love the British royal family!).

4. Once the prince wins, during the transition period between the election and inauguration, the then-reigning monarch can abdicate, and possible successors ranking ahead of the prince/president will step aside, thereby enabling him to become president and king simultaneously. Thus, the US will come under the authority of the King (or Queen) of England!

5. The Title of Nobility Clause of the Constitution cannot prevent this. The Clause says US government officials may not "accept" noble titles from foreign governments without the consent of Congress. But it says nothing about people who had such titles BEFORE they attain office. Thus, an American-citizen child of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan could get elected president, then become king or queen during the transition period, all without violating the Clause. There is also no law against dual citizens becoming president.

6. Once the King-President is ruler of both nations, he can sign an agreement with himself under which the US rejoins the British Empire! Recent presidents have already usurped much of the treaty power from the Senate, and that process is likely to be even more advanced 35 years from now. He can thus claim there is no need for Senate ratification of the agreement, and the Supreme Court is likely to conclude that the issue is a nonjusticiable political question.

When the US once again becomes part of the British empire in 35 years, you can say you heard it here first!

Sneaky devils! ?

LaRae

I wonder will they use the Lindo Wing ?
IMO it would make sense to use the Lindo Wing as they have the experience in handling royal births for decades now. ?

The way he was rubbing her back was definitely suspicious. It seemed like he was trying to calm her nausea rather than just their typical brand of tactile.

I thought that at the time too.

I remember talking with a friend and we were like “morning sickness?” just from the body language. I felt the same about their trip to Sussex. She looked a bit like she was struggling during the first engagement but got energy as the day went.

Bless her during this tour. It’s exhausting without being pregnant.

I think that was a typo to 'more' and you both are saying the same thing.:flowers:

I think so many "typos" are the fault of auto correct gone rogue. You know what you typed but that isn't what shows up when you hit "submit reply." ;)

I think if it were twins that would have been announced. Since she's had scans and tests the doctors would know.

I thought that at the time too.

I remember talking with a friend and we were like “morning sickness?” just from the body language. I felt the same about their trip to Sussex. She looked a bit like she was struggling during the first engagement but got energy as the day went.

Bless her during this tour. It’s exhausting without being pregnant.

I also wonder if that's why she added that coat? It didn't look like a planned thing since it didn't really fit with the weather as much (she had to take it off later) and it was something she just pulled out of her own closet rather than purchased (already out of season by the time she wore it).

We should see the pics of their first event in a few hours...

LaRae

1. So long as she is not a British citizen, she will keep her US citizenship (it would be awkward for a prominent member of the royal family to be stateless). Any kids they have during that time will be US citizens, as well - and "natural born" citizens qualified to become president. As proof that you can be a "natural born" citizen even if born abroad, so long as one parent is a US citizen, the prince can cite the 2016 court decisions in favor of Ted Cruz, on this issue. [...]

See here for the details of the laws regarding United States citizenship that will be applicable to the Sussex children:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...isition-US-Citizenship-Child-Born-Abroad.html

Birth Abroad in Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen and an Alien

A person born abroad in wedlock to a U.S. citizen and an alien acquires U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the person’s birth for the period required by the statute in effect when the person was born (INA 301(g), formerly INA 301(a)(7).) For birth on or after November 14, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years prior to the person’s birth, at least two of which were after the age of fourteen.

[...] The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.​

I didn't expect baby news so soon after their wedding. But congrats anyway.

Hopefully Meghan's family not be causing stress for the duchess while she is expecting.

I am pretty sure that H&M informed older royals privately just before or soon after recent wedding. Harry might not be brightest guy in BRF but even he surely understands when and where announce such things.

Not only is this uncalled for, but your speculations are far off. It has been said that senior royals congratulated them in person at the wedding last friday, this implies that close family members knews even before the wedding, the announcement was not made at the wedding

I am sure nobody objected to the closest family members being informed at the wedding. It seems the Palace itself shared the story of how the senior royals were told of the pregnancy, as the BBC and other royal correspondents have reported the same detail:

Emily Nash @emynash 7m7 minutes ago
Meghan is thought to be around 12 weeks pregnant, and the couple shared their news with family at the royal wedding on Friday - the Queen, Duke is Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are “delighted for the couple” #royalbaby

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45861683
The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cornwall are all said to be "delighted" for the couple after learning of the pregnancy at Friday's wedding.​

I have a sneaking suspicion that for the next six months, we're going to see a very protective and very attentive father-to-be in Harry. He's going to be right by her side through everything (no matter what it is) and I just hope it doesn't drive Meghan crazy and she's given at least a little bit of breathing room.

Many prospective fathers suffer during a pregnancy along with the mother, are more nervous and treat their wives like they're made out of fragile glass and will break. Some even experience sympathy symptoms and its got a name. Couvade syndrome is a condition where the father-to-be experiences pregnancy symptoms like weight gain, nausea, insomnia and mood swings.

Maybe Harry should take do more yoga for the next six months? Either way, we just have to know that Harry is going to be involved every step of the way with the birth of this child. :D

Just another thought too on how the pregnancy was announced to the family. Its even very possible that Harry and Meghan talked privately with Eugenie and told her on her wedding day and also asked her to be a godmother to their first born. Its possible but we'll never really know for sure. Good news in families never detracts from a happy day celebrating.

Last edited:
Congratulations to TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex!

HAPPY news!!!! Congratulations!!! (also congratulations to our member here for her pregnancy as well). I always thought they would wait until the tour was over :lol: surprising news for me (even though I read about the baby hairs here, but never took it to heart). This tour will now be way more exciting!

Why? I can't seem to understand this. The British Royal Family is a big one, there's lot of people in the family who could help with the work. Besides (and this is just an example), when Felipe and Letizia/Phillippe and Mathilde became King and Queen of Spain/Belgium respectively, it slimmed down the royal family quite a bit, plus having young children who can't be working royals yet. But Felipe and Letizia/Phillippe and Mathilde work and they are only two for their country (sometimes Infanta Elena and Astrid do some engagements, but only a few), and they are showing great ability to carry everything on with just themselves. Why can't this happen with the British Royal Family as well? If Charles becomes King, is he, Camilla, William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan. That's good amount, besides, Charles siblings can help from time to time too. I don't see problem with this really, unless the british people would want to see their royals everyday and everywhere...

IMHO I believe the British want to see their Royals more hands on, it's not enough for them to be in London and receive people there but they want them to show all four parts of the kingdom that they are present. So you simply need more people to do that. Plus the younger Royals want to do something meaningful with their life, just like you and me, so they are doing more than need be for the topics they take a personal interest in.
And with Brexit, they need to be more present in the other Commonwealth States because Britain hopes to form closer bonds to them instead of the EU. So you need more working power. Especially once Charles is king and Camilla queen, they cannot longer spend their time in Wales and Cornwall so much but have to do different things in their capital.

I personally wouldn't wonder if the Sussexes take up residence for a time Down Under.

I personally wouldn't wonder if the Sussexes take up residence for a time Down Under.

I don't believe there is as much Republican sentiment in Canada? I could actually see them going there more than Australia if they were to be somewhere else. Given the Duchess' connection to Canada prior to marriage, that'd actually make more sense.

The Duke of Sussex, Governor General in Canada or Australia for 1 or 2 years. Just like Earl Mountbatten was Viceroy of India

I also wonder if that's why she added that coat? It didn't look like a planned thing since it didn't really fit with the weather as much (she had to take it off later) and it was something she just pulled out of her own closet rather than purchased (already out of season by the time she wore it).

I can totally see that. After she took it off she seemed better.

The Duke of Sussex, Governor General in Canada or Australia for 1 or 2 years. Just like Earl Mountbatten was Viceroy of India
A nd when was the last time a member of the BRF became a GG in one of the colonies?

A nd when was the last time a member of the BRF became a GG in one of the colonies?

I'd imagine it would rouse a lot of bad feeling, if a royal got such a job?

I’m very happy for Harry and Meghan (and other royal watchers who are also expecting). I hope that everyone a smooth, uneventful pregnancy.

First, I don’t know why anyone would think that announcing Meghan’s pregnancy today would “steal Eugenie’s thunder.” I haven’t had a chance to watch the wedding yet, but there were two day of celebrations—which is more than most couples have. I am sure that Eugenie is thrilled with the attention she received during the weekend and is fine that Meghan and Harry announced their news this morning.

I want to also address some of the comments about the strain that Meghan will be under during this trip. Obviously, the media attention puts Meghan under some pressure, but I don’t think it is fair to say that she is under more stress than other Western women. Most of us don’t have to live under a spotlight, so her challenges are different, but she doesn’t have to cope with other stresses that most of us have (car repairs, picking up dry cleaning, etc.). Moreover, a few command performances aside (including this tour), Meghan will be as busy as she chooses to be.

This trip may be uncomfortable for her (she looked great when she landed) but other pregnant women have to make overseas trips as part of their work. I had to travel to China when I was four months pregnant—and not via first class (middle seat). Then I had a punishing schedule of meetings, site visits, unfamiliar food, and b-class hotels. It was not fun, but I got through it.—and I was very humbled when I met women who did not have it as easy as I did.

I am totally projecting, but I feel that Meghan recognizes and is grateful for her blessings. Yes, she has to deal with the spotlight, but she chose to do so. Any downsides due to her husband’s status seem to be greatly outweighed by the fact that she has a loving, supportive husband, has great family and friends, does not have to worry about money, and seems very healthy. She is a very fortunate woman, and I think she understands that.

Earl Louis Mountbatten of Burma, last Viceroy of India, before the independence

I'd imagine it would rouse a lot of bad feeling, if a royal got such a job?

It depends on how one looks at it. GG is the representative of the Monarch as Head of State. With a royal at this position, it could be a way of materializing that link and that fact

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay..let's get back on topic.....

Last edited:
So do we want to take bets on what is the first pregnancy "protocol" media will come up with that Meghan will break? :lol:

So do we want to take bets on what is the first pregnancy "protocol" media will come up with that Meghan will break? :lol:

I'm waiting for them to bring up the Irish Trip...IIRC she was seen tasting beer or whiskey....

LaRae

I'm waiting for them to bring up the Irish Trip...IIRC she was seen tasting beer or whiskey....

LaRae

The only thing I remember was a small glass of champagne for the toast. But it look like she just took a sip if it even can be called that. Other than that, I don't recall any alcohol. Besides, was she even pregnant then (I counted late July when I used a calendar to go back 12 weeks :lol:).

Called it the second Meghan stepped out of the car at the wedding on Friday! ;)...

Right. That was such a generously comfortable looking outfit around Meghan's middle. However, we never really know until it's announced. Particularly since the public has been on baby watch for M&H since before they were married. ;)

I thought they would go for it by the end of this year or shortly after the beginning of next year at the latest. But obviously Meghan conceived sometime around the end of July, right before the August break when the royals retire to Scotland and other casual environs/ laid-back pursuits.

So, on her birthday (August 4) when Meghan was seen happily attending the wedding of Harry's friends (Charles van Straubenzee and Daisy Jenks), Meghan was already pregnant. :D

As well wishers mention in the KP posted announcement, this baby news should trump and override anymore nonsense from the Markle clan. Just as M&H have been going about their business of carrying on with building their lives together determinedly, purposefully, gracefully and joyfully. I recall now that they seemed so particularly happy and joyful during their visit to Sussex recently. Surely this news is a big part of the reason why. ? In addition, Meghan has been wearing loose-fitting attire recently, or clothes with some type of embellishment in the waist area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom