Gustaf Magnuson's 30th Birthday Masquerade Ball: August 20, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! Do they need to push up the breasts so much? :p
I know it is the fashion those days but it does not look natural. :D

Anyway thanks for the pictures. I love their costumes especially their hairdo.

What fun to see these pictures! Seeing people standing in a group does give you the idea of what it must have been like and as a history buff, I love that! Thanks to all who posted!

Lena said:
Has anyone access to Aftonbladet PLUS? I wonder, which pics they have.
nothing special. just two photos of the royals and rest of the other guests, just like the photos posted above.

Thanks for the photos everyone! Looks like a fun party :D
I think both princesses looks great, but imo Madeleine should have skipped wearing the hat.

Madeleine wear a terrible hat! I like what Victoria wearing.

Fantastic idea for a party. Carl Philip looked really handsome :)
Yeah its a fantastic idea!

Victoria and Madeleine ina a costume party in Sweden

Victoria, Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip arrive for an 18th century masquerade at the 18th century Confidence house of the Ulriksdal Palace in Northern Stockholm Saturday , August 20 2005. The masquerade was to celebrate the 30th birthday - actually August 8 - of Gustaf Magnuson , son of Victorias aunt , Princess Christina fru Magnuson.

wow.... she needs to stop with all that tanning...its too much

attachment.php
Madeleine, victoria and a ver funny carl-philip

Lady Jennifer said:
What does that article say? Is it talking about her dress? The party? Or does anyone know of a good free translator website?

The article doesn´t tell much new. Only again, why Gustaf planned the party like this. How many guests were present and where they celebrated. And that the Swedish singer E-Type was present.

The article in Aftonbladet was a little bit more interesting:

It played with word plays a la "dressed up-and dressed off" (as caption to a pic of Madde). And has asked it´s fashion know-it-all Sofi Fahrman, who isn´t too fond of the hat (ok, she´s right...but who says, that ppl in the gustavian time looked good?!? Isn´t it quite good, that little Len wasn´t just interested in showing her "assets"?)
An other fashion expert thinks, that a red dress would have been better...to strengthen the sinful look ;)
The article also tells that the party went on in Christina´s villa Beylon (according to Expressen and SDT the future home of Vickan and Daniel) Talking about Vickan and Daniel...Daniel (in a red 17XX-inspired costume) and his Co-sufferers Emma and Jonas arrived earlier (probably when the lazy photographers were still hanging around at home or in the editoral office). Gustaf (to the amusement of his cousins Victoria and Madeleine) arrived to the party on a white horse.
Daniel and Victoria were not seated together...but only two tables away from each other, so that the could glance (according to the author, who is no lower than the great Nyhlén self...and who probably was banned from the party as soon as he begged for entrance) in love at each other
36_3_7.gif

If Daniel Collert has noted or ignored that, isn´t revealed of the author, only that he was present...
The food was from the high class restaurant "pontus by the sea"
Menu (GD is much better in such things...):

Starter: Vichysoisse with mild smoked tuna
Main course: back of the veal with risotto
Dessert: birthday cake, coffee and cognac/liqueur
Drinks: wine, beer and mineral water

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,688077,00.html

Last edited:
Wow, Victoria's hair is so high.

They must have had a lot of fun!! I loved Madeleine's the best. And don't kill me but I think the tan isn't all that bad. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
One more from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• 003701_5.jff.jpeg
    003701_5.jff.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 844
I think Madeleine looks great! Tan and all...

Britters said:
I think Madeleine looks great! Tan and all...

Why I´m not surprised (?) :rolleyes:

Britters said:
Tan and all...

A bit out of character though, if I remember correctly it wasn't fashionable to be tan in the 1700s amongst the nobility and royals, in fact it was important to be as pale as possible!

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,828
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 608
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 857
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,385
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 997
I think Victoria looks fabulous!! I love her costume!! Madeleine is way too tanned and her gown is too pale for her, she should have chosen dark red or maybe fucshia and lose the hat.

I love historical outfits and would love to attend a costume party any time, I even had my wedding gown made after queen Elizabeth I's coronation gown.

The dresses are great! But Madeleine really needs to stop going tanning so much! Being a bit tanned is fine but what she's doing is excessive! Eventually it's going to make her look older then she is. I mean look at Princess Stephanie!

I love everrything about Madeleine's outfit. And I don't think her tan is that bad.

Silly Madeline, had to pick a white costume to enhace her tan. I'm sure she thought it looked good but Victoria's colouring is much nicer and healthier looking.

i don't think there's anything wrong about choosing a colour that suits her. she looked gorgeous in her white dress although victoria's dress was much nicer with that shiny look. the hairdo's are just gorgeous! they really look lovely.

it must be fun being in one of these parties. scandinavian people seem to enjoy them and do them quite often. we saw the norwegians not long ago dressed in these kind of outfits for a show in a theatre... i hope some other royals from other families do it some time again... looks fun...

madeleine looks super tanned and her tan looks very natural too. u can never be too tanned, IMO. she looks great.

Victoria looked great!....so did Madeline just one thing however, is her tan natural, or is it one of those spray on tans?....

This style suits Victoria. The Hello article was right when it called her "voluminous". She looked a lot more gorgeous, IMO, than she's looked in recent years. Lately, she always seems to be wearing glasses with a ponytail, which makes her look like a young Margrethe. This doesn't cost her any points with me - I think it's cool that she's so casual - but it's nice to know she can pretty herself up when she wants to.

BTW, Gustav Magnuson is the only royal or royal relative, as far as I know, that I've seen in person. Friends in Lund pointed him out to me when I was visiting. I'm only saying this while we're on the subject of him, since "I once saw the Princess of Sweden's son" isn't something likely to come up in conversation at a cocktail party, or to impress if it does:)

Back
Top Bottom