General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you.

KSN is an adventurous man, more similar to CP Hamdan. He also have collections like his uncle Hamad. Do you think he will be the uae ambassador or an advisor? I think he has capabilities to be the minister of youth. Though no Sheikh or Sheikhas held this postition before.

So, I noticed that neither UAE nor Abu Dhabi has a strong sports-related body; there is the Abu Dhabi Sports Council, but if the government wants to create a Department within the Executive Council, or a Ministry within the Cabinet, KSN could be a name to lead it.

The difference, for me, is that Zayed is destined for a powerful position, regardless of the woman at his side. In the case of Hessa, a marriage with her is the chance, perhaps the only chance, for one of these boys to enter politics and reach power.

Yesterday I saw the stories of KSN playing sport in the sea, you must have seen it, and I was wondering what kind of position he will have, I hope this inclination towards a "playboy lifestyle" does not hinder his career. But I believe MBZ wouldn't have authorized the engagement if he didn't trust KSN

Of course, Zayed is son of MBZ and he will have a powerful role. No second thought about it.

Even I saw that surfing video of him, I think all these guys are same in their youth. Adventure sports, expensive cars, holiday trips with friends etc. But once they get married and start having children, then will calm down or wont often post pictures online. I have seen some interesting pics of Khalifa bin Tahnoun on his insta page. Not anymore. After marriage, we wont see similar videos of KSN. am guessing. I dont think this current lifestyle would hinder his career. MBZ would have his own way of disciplining and would already have something on his mind for him. Afterall he is giving his youngest daughter to him. But its good that they are into fitness and adventure sports than being alcoholics or substance abuse.

To some extent, if a leader is into sports, people see that he is fit and healthy. But when the same leader posts only sports or fitness videos like Fazza, its evident he has no interest in work and wants to only workout and chill all day everyday, while brother does all the work.

what about MBZ's elder daughter and Mohamed bin Tahnouns children ? they have 2 sons right ? How old are they ?

Last edited:
Mohammed bin Tahnoon and Maryam have two sons. Tahnoon is from April 2011 and Zayed from May 2014.

Thanks Puchu.

I have recently come across this name Dr. Mansour bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed. What do you know about him ? Is he a doctor or a has he obtained a doctorate ? I saw his picture with 2 kids. Has he got more and who is he married to ?

I read here Salama bint Zayed was Zayed bin Sultan’s favourite daughter and MBZ was his favourite son?

He’s married to Khalifa bin Zayed’s Daughter Salama bint Khalifa and they have three sons. I have seen the pics of them and their dad.
I think they have a daughter too.
I think he is a real doctor?

I have recently come across this name Dr. Mansour bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed. .... Is he a doctor or a has he obtained a doctorate ?

He’s married to Khalifa bin Zayed’s Daughter Salama bint Khalifa and .....
I think he is a real doctor?

In 1997, Dr. Mansoor graduated with a medical degree from United Arab Emirates University. Later in 1999, he received a master's degree in Public Health and Health Administration (MPH) from the Harvard School of Public Health. From 1997 to 2000, Dr. Mansoor was the chairman of the Emirates Medical Association. Since his graduation from medical school, Dr. Mansoor has, from time to time, worked as a physician in both general surgery and general medicine at the Al Ain Hospital. He also studied politics, puplic administration and diplomacy and also obtained a master's degree in this field. Since 2010, Dr. Mansoor has been a visiting professor of Political Science at the American University of Sharjah (AUS) where he lectures too.

Last edited:
Wow, thats some impressive academic track record. Is there anyone from Al Nahyan family with such amazing academic background ?

He should be in a very high governmental position.
No offence but most except for Shakbout bin Nahyan seem that impressive.
Unless they are like Maktoum bin Rashid who everyone seems to agree is very serious and good at his job.
Some it just seems that they are just figureheads whilst people working for them do the actual jobs.
Another thing; I know they groom their children for government posts but what happens if they are not good at it?
MBZ has been prepping his sons but it is unlikely that he would relive his sons because he would want to retain power.
For incompetent people would they just hire competent people to work behind the scenes for them or keep training them until they are satisfied?
Or if they are not good at their job does the family call a meeting to remove them?

Agree that Dr. Mansour with his excellent and diverse academic background should be in a prominent position. Looks like Sheikh Zayed considered the capability and leadership skills of his sons rather than them just being his sons. Thats why Sultan was skipped and MBZ was made deputy crown prince. Fatima's all 6 sons are capable in one or other important areas. If they are not good at it, they will be skipped for sure. In this age and times, incompetency cannot be hidden for long. Once Feiraguy mentioned only after they prove their worth, they will get key roles.

The books mentions incident of Sultan, Dubai girl and shooting and that Zayed asked Sultan to be bought to him Dead or Alive. Does anyone know anything about this incident ?

We know that Abu Dhabi is a family business, but we cannot focus on "family" and forget about "business"; UAE is a small country, but very rich, very powerful and in a very unstable region, there is no room for incompetent, unwilling people, or people who need to "learn" something

I believe that Zayed tested the competence of all his sons, and some of them did not pass this test, due to incompetence or lack of will, this is absolutely normal; there is no way to elevate who cannot be elevated, we are talking about the government of a country!

And no, not all Sheikhs are interested in power, it is normal that some just want to enjoy their billionaire life without major responsibilities, just investing in businesses that interest them

even Zayed knew there was no room for 19 sons in positions of power; one of the principles of a dynasty like the Al Nahyan is selection, selecting the capable, eliminating the incompetent, branches that were previously close to power are now marginalized, this is a natural process, there is no way to add everyone

Purplerain...see this.

He should be in a very high governmental position.
No offence but most except for Shakbout bin Nahyan seem that impressive.
Unless they are like Maktoum bin Rashid who everyone seems to agree is very serious and good at his job.
Some it just seems that they are just figureheads whilst people working for them do the actual jobs.
Another thing; I know they groom their children for government posts but what happens if they are not good at it?
MBZ has been prepping his sons but it is unlikely that he would relive his sons because he would want to retain power.
For incompetent people would they just hire competent people to work behind the scenes for them or keep training them until they are satisfied?
Or if they are not good at their job does the family call a meeting to remove them?

The ruling families need to find a middle ground:

- they need to be everywhere (defence, intelligence, finance, investments, security, diplomacy...) for their own survival; if they are not everywhere, they will become more fragile and more susceptible to coups d'état

- however, to govern the country more efficiently, in fact they need technocrats in influential positions, the country needs to be governed in the best possible way, so it is important to have qualified people in power

But one thing is important to say: a impressive academic record does not necessarily mean that you have enough skills to come to power. And the lack of a great academic curriculum does not indicate that the person is not capable.
Power requires leadership, political skills, technical skills, management skills and the confidence of those who are more powerful than you.

One of my fav subjects to read on here is possible marriages. So another one: who do you think Shaikha bint Diab is going to marry? She is almost the same age as Fatima bint Mansour and Salama bint Mohammed.

You mean Dhiyab bin Saif's daughter? If yes, he is very removed from power, then most likely the marriage will be influenced by family connections.

I think the only first cousin options on the paternal side would be Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa and Mohamed bin Abdullah bin Zayed.

On the mother's side, all the boys are younger. Other descendants of Mubarak (even if not first cousins): Tahnoun bin Hamdan bin Mubarak, Saif and Hamdan bin Saeed bin Saif (sons of Dhiyab's brother), Nahyan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan or one of Saeed bin Tahnoun's many sons .

Anything other than these is completely unpredictable.

You mean Dhiyab bin Saif's daughter? If yes, he is very removed from power, then most likely the marriage will be influenced by family connections.

I think the only first cousin options on the paternal side would be Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa and Mohamed bin Abdullah bin Zayed.

On the mother's side, all the boys are younger. Other descendants of Mubarak (even if not first cousins): Tahnoun bin Hamdan bin Mubarak, Saif and Hamdan bin Saeed bin Saif (sons of Dhiyab's brother), Nahyan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan or one of Saeed bin Tahnoun's many sons .

Anything other than these is completely unpredictable.

Looking more closely

Abdullah's two eldest sons, Mohamed and Zayed bin Abdullah, are similar in age to her and the families appear to be very close. I believe Abdullah's preference is for the granddaughters of Mohamed bin Zayed, or other girls from Bani Fatima or daughters of more powerful Sheikhs, but perhaps family connections prevail.

In the case of Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa, Tahnoun bin Hamdan bin Mubarak and Hamdan bin Saeed bin Saif there is an age difference; does not make the match impossible, but it reduces the chances.

In the case of Nahyan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan, his brother, Dhiyab, is married to one of Nahyan bin Mubarak's daughters, this could make his marriage to one of Nahyan's granddaughters unfeasible.

I'm not sure about Saeed bin Tahnoun's children, I don't know his sons who are close in age to the girl, and whether these sons are Mubarak's grandsons.

Marriages between cousins ​​who are the children of two brothers are rare, but as there are few options, they can turn to Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Saif

There's a connection I forgot; Saif bin Mohamed has a sister, widow of Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed, her grandson Zayed bin Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Zayed is an option

Again, anything other than these is completely unpredictable. Maybe Puchu can give you more certainty on this matter, but this is my perception

Looking more closely

Marriages between cousins ​​who are the children of two brothers are rare, but as there are few options,

Why do you say this ? During the times of Zayed the great and even in the book, it says that most preferred marriage is between brothers children. Has the trend changed over period of time ?

On a different note, from MBZs recent trip to Ethiopia, he seems particularly close to the PM of Ethiopia. I have seen previous videos of the visits between these two leaders. I feel MBZ has particular interest in African countries. Why do think it is ?

One of my fav subjects to read on here is possible marriages. So another one: who do you think Shaikha bint Diab is going to marry? She is almost the same age as Fatima bint Mansour and Salama bint Mohammed.

Shaikha bint Diab's first cousin of her age is only Mohammed bin Khalifa bin Saif.

Though they are much older than her, Hamdan bin Saeed bin Saif and Saif bin Khalifa bin Saif are good options with less chances. If the boys will marry late, the marriage can happen. Bani Saif's people are close enough to each other.

I assume Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa will marry within next year. All of his brothers have married in mid 20s. And he is the next one and I think he will marry within bani Khalifa or bani Zayed. So, less and more less chances for Sheikha

Mohammed bin Abdullah has lots of options within Bani Fatima. After MbZ's granddaughters, they will look for Mansoor's daughters undoubtedly. Zayed bin Abdullah is younger than her I think, he has also options other than Diab's daughter, but can happen if Zayed's mother want anyone from bani Saif. There is another girl Maryam bint Saeed bin Saif and she is slightly younger than Zayed. Maryam's sibling has already married bani Fatima's grandson and she would be more likely option for Zayed than Sheikha bint Diab.

Saeed bin Tahnoon has 4 children from Fakhra bint Mubarak as I know. He had another son named Zayed from her who died in 2005.

From Al Dhaheri wife, he has Essa, Mohammed, Nahyan, Ahmed. Mohammed is her age, nahyan is from 2001 and Ahmed is also from 2000s. Sheikha's paternal great grandmother is also an Al Dhaheri.

In bani Zayed, she has options such as Saif, Hamed and Ahmed's eldest sons named Zayed. Sheikha's maternal grandmother is an Al Khaili and Nahyan bin Mubarak already made his 3 children marrying into bani Zayed and her 2 aunts have been married into bani Mouza.

There is no chances of Khalifa bin Hamdan, Hamdan bin Zayed and Khalifa bin Mohammed bin Khalid's children.

Other than she has lots of options in bani Mohammed as her mother is related to Al Otaiba part and her father is related to Al Dhaheri part of bani Mohammed.

She is the eldest grandchild of Nahyan bin Mubarak and this thing has removed all the chances of her Mother's side

Last edited:
That is, Serenei, the girl has no obvious candidates, you will probably be surprised when it happens

Why do you say this ? During the times of Zayed the great and even in the book, it says that most preferred marriage is between brothers children. Has the trend changed over period of time ?

Today, the preferred marriage model is between full first cousins, children of two sisters, or of a brother and sister.

On a different note, from MBZs recent trip to Ethiopia, he seems particularly close to the PM of Ethiopia. I have seen previous videos of the visits between these two leaders. I feel MBZ has particular interest in African countries. Why do think it is ?

The President has a special interest in Africa, and the visit preceded the entry of the two countries into the BRICS, and probably the two leaders already knew that they would join.

Feiraguy, can you remember when Hamdan bin Saeed bin Tahnoon married Al Dhaheri?

Today, the preferred marriage model is between full first cousins, children of two sisters, or of a brother and sister.

The President has a special interest in Africa, and the visit preceded the entry of the two countries into the BRICS, and probably the two leaders already knew that they would join.

Thank you. I did know that Argentina, UAE and Saudi are accepted into BRICS, but didn't realise Ethiopia too. Hope this block becomes stronger power. I really appreciate the stand Lula De Silva is taking in important geopolitical issues.

Is the ruling family of Abu Dhabi actually observant Muslims? For instance, is MBZ an observing Muslim?

Is the ruling family of Abu Dhabi actually observant Muslims? For instance, is MBZ an observing Muslim?

I don't remember any public statements or any information about his private life that answers that question.

Even if they read this thread, there was no need of posting this video. We already have seen their friday prayers. In that video, he was praying alone. No need of uploading. I would say that Sheikhs dont read this thread otherwise their assistants or media people may visit this forum.

Last edited:
Even if they read this thread, there was no need of posting this video. We already have seen their friday prayers. In that video, he was praying alone. No need of uploading. I would say that Sheikhs dont read this thread otherwise their assistants or media people may visit this forum.

is just a joke man

I personally don't believe that older sheikhs have ever accessed this forum; the younger ones, yes, must have accessed at least once
maybe some read it often and even have fun with us speculating about their lives

is just a joke man

I personally don't believe that older sheikhs have ever accessed this forum; the younger ones, yes, must have accessed at least once
maybe some read it often and even have fun with us speculating about their lives

I know I know! Now other websites will also start to believe that they are under Surveillance :lol:

Thats some weird and strange coincidence. May be some self obsessed younger Sheikh googling himself might end up on these forums, otherwise with such enormous wealth they have no interest to worry about what others think of themselves. They can as well post on social media and see comments for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom